Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 692162 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#468143 Aug 2, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>

In fairness, I will research each of the following:
The first two popes in the third century, Zephyrinus and Callistus, were both accused of heresy* by Tertullian and also by St Hippolytus.
Marcellinus,Bishop of Rome (296 to 304),offered incense to the pagan gods. For this his name was afterwards omitted from official lists of popes.
Three of the next four popes seem to have assisted him, despite being already in Holy Orders, but all of them, including Marcellinus, are now revered as r saints.
Early in the fifth century Pope Zosimus accepted the Pelagian heresy and changed his mind only when obliged to do so by the Emperor. He then issued a document known as his Tractoria, which reversed his earlier position.'

Also in the twelfth century Pope Adrian VI declared Pope Celestine III a heretic for extending the conditions under which marriages could be dissolved.
I have found little credible substance to these Popes having heretical beliefs.

Pope Marcellinus was accused of this heresy by Donatists, who were themselves heretics.

Pope Zosimus was deceived by a disgenuine retraction of Pelagian.When he was informed of the deception he then clarified and withdrew any backing of the Pelagian.

I found nothing on Pope Celestine III

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#468144 Aug 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you suggesting that this same one and only god had NO part in inspiring men to write the following scriptures???
Do you DARE to be so BOLD as to contradict the VERY god you profess to honor and obey???
Please answer my question. If the god called you to preach, surely he can assist you in answering this question.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed.(Leviticus 20:9)
If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die.(Leviticus 20:10).
If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death.(Leviticus 20:11)
If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death.(Leviticus 20:14)
If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed.(Leviticus 20:15-16).
If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)
Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death.(Leviticus 20:27)
If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake.(Leviticus 21:9)
People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)
Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community.(Leviticus 24:14-16)
~~~

SINCE THE DEATH OF JESUS ON CALVARY'S CROSS....

THE ABOVE IS NO LONGER APPLICABLE

WE NO LONGER LIVE UNDER THE LAW OF SIN AND DEATH..

WE NOW LIVE UNDER GRACE...

Joh_1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Gal_2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

NOTE
Eph_2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Rom_8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Location hidden

#468145 Aug 2, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"Take it easy
Take it easy
Don't let the sound of your own wheels
Drive you crazy
Lighten up while you still can
Don't even try to understand
Just find a place to make your stand
And take it easy "
You can't hide your lyin' eyes
And your smile is a thin disguise
I thought by now you'd realize
There ain't no way to hide your lyin eyes
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#468146 Aug 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That's true ... it's called "reading the posts." However you are busy posting and discussing or debating. Which word would you prefer I use to suit your special needs? I could also use the word arguing ... if you prefer that word.
Anything to please your highness.
:)
Begging your pardon New Age Spiritual Leader. The word "preaching" could also be used in such cases where you are trying to lead us to the path of RIGHT self.

#468148 Aug 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
How about you praying THIS prayer?
"Heavenly father ... please show us that you are decent by doing away with hell and the devil, so that all of us will be of the same value to you."
Now ... isn't that a much nicer request than yours???
Sarcasm intended.
~~~

IT IS NOT THAT GOD DOES NOT VALUE ALL OF US...

oh 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

IT IS HOW MUCH WE VALUE HIM.

Mat_22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

AND HOW MUCH WE BELIEVE IN HIM

Act_8:37 And Philip said,-->If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said,

I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#468149 Aug 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So much pain!!!
I am so sorry
My prayers,are with you.
as a medic and also a patient for over 6 months, I saw many soldiers that were worse off than myself, so my pitty party didn't last very long. I was alive, able to walk, tho not good, able to use my arms again. so I was fortunate that God saw fit to extend my life and I have nothing to complain about
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#468150 Aug 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
WE NO LONGER LIVE UNDER THE LAW OF SIN AND DEATH..
WE NOW LIVE UNDER GRACE...
So what you are preaching NOW preacher-man is that the one and only god taught people in the old testament to kill each other, but now he teaches us to love each other. That means that the god told a lie the first time and had to contradict his own message.

By preaching the above you just called the god that you profess to worship ... a LIAR!

Religion is VAIN BUNK!
How does that suit you VAIN preacher-man???

As one Christian mother told her daughter when the daughter didn't behave the way the mother expected ... "GOD will get you for THAT!"
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#468151 Aug 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
IT IS NOT THAT GOD DOES NOT VALUE ALL OF US...
The way you portray your supposed god makes the GOD vain.

He says to the little Muslim child ... "You don't pray to me the way I believe you should ... you little heretic ... so you must spend eternity in hell!!! There ... let that be a lesson to all other heretics on earth."

You are a blatant fool preacher-man. You ought to be muzzled as would a rabid dog, so you can do no further harm with your words based on nothing but VANITY!
truth

Madeley, Australia

#468152 Aug 2, 2013
who
mum
who is born under Alex- Library
Libra=symbol=club mum..near club=who drink there as bitter with strong alcohol
symbol as club see

mum

seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeee
describe
de da di do du
id what left Scribe=is people with diploma=i personaly don't have diploma no its not me

n

mum
Which Scribe working there..where in Government house
green house about what?

mum
What God say about Scribe?=how you can translate into pronaucment which language?
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#468153 Aug 2, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't hide your lyin' eyes
And your smile is a thin disguise
I thought by now you'd realize
There ain't no way to hide your lyin eyes
From my perspective lies start in the brain. The brain-cells are trained zombies. It is up to us how we train the cells to function.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#468154 Aug 2, 2013
Sorry I cannot cut and paste
Parts ..THIS IS ABOUT SALVATION
AND SPELLS IT OUT
http://www.thepropheticyears.com/comments/How...

#468155 Aug 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you are preaching NOW preacher-man is that the one and only god taught people in the old testament to kill each other, but now he teaches us to love each other. That means that the god told a lie the first time and had to contradict his own message.
By preaching the above you just called the god that you profess to worship ... a LIAR!
Religion is VAIN BUNK!
How does that suit you VAIN preacher-man???
As one Christian mother told her daughter when the daughter didn't behave the way the mother expected ... "GOD will get you for THAT!"
~~~
THOSE THAT LIVE UNDER THE LAW OF SIN AND DEATH DIED WITH OUT MERCY

JESUS DESTROYED THE LAW OF SIN AND DEATH AT CALVARY'S CROSS...

HE DIED THERE. AND ROSE AGAIN THE THIRD DAY...ASCENDED TO THE FATHER

AND

JESUS IS NOW OUR HIGH PRIEST

Heb 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God,

let us hold fast our profession.

Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#468156 Aug 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That's true ... it's called "reading the posts." However you are busy posting and discussing or debating. Which word would you prefer I use to suit your special needs? I could also use the word arguing ... if you prefer that word.
Anything to please your highness.
:)
I'm not a "highness".

You can call it whatever you want, I call it posting using my freedom of speech.

Albuquerque, NM

#468157 Aug 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
But according to you if everyone is right, why are you here to tell Christians that they are wrong?
I think your tarot cards have lodged in your head.
I state that Christianity is a fallacy and people are wrong for not being honest that it is.

Please get my points straight, if you are going to use them as an "assault against me".
truth

Madeley, Australia

#468158 Aug 2, 2013
Did mother explain words temtation=as wicket set up?
Why they set up on wicket way over righteousness?
it is written
accuswers and abusers and prosecutors judges scribe pharesse wipers wolf this and that..
see
you can read your mother don't see nothing
its written on front
all prophets see
Jesus Christ say;'everything will past my words not!'
Did you prosecuted prophets..how many rest and killed?

paul saul..Why you prosecuted me?
Jesus Christ words is perfect.
Did your mother know about that?
Is that law of Levite as left side?
or
Who have to be right?

Location hidden

#468159 Aug 2, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>as a medic and also a patient for over 6 months, I saw many soldiers that were worse off than myself, so my pitty party didn't last very long. I was alive, able to walk, tho not good, able to use my arms again. so I was fortunate that God saw fit to extend my life and I have nothing to complain about
I thank you for your service. I feel outraged how our government treated you.I respect you even more now that I am aware of what you experienced. God Bless you and your wife.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#468160 Aug 2, 2013
I meant to write that from my perspective brain-cells are comparable to trained "robots" ... not zombies.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#468161 Aug 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I expect nothing less from you at this point. you fool no one.
CNN ran a story about an allegation from an ex-priest last year about a bizarre sex ring. It was unsubstantiated and later proven false.
You recycled the allegation in order to continue this false story, knowing it would smear the Church if enough people would believe your post.
This is called 'deceit'.
That's why Catholics are here, Sera. For truth. I'm just a bit surprised the latest smear tactic came from an Orthodox. The fundies are rubbing off on ya.
So if that 'pisses' you off, then so be it. You can Google anything you desire and find a 'story' about whatever you want. I believe God knows your intent and knows whats in your heart.
Propaganda is the only thing that's fueled Protestantism the last 400 yrs.
"If they persecuted me, they will persecute you"
Jesus Christ, around 33 AD.
You give me way to much credit Clay.My intension are solely to humble you.Nothing more.God does know my heart and I am defending the truth as I/we Orthodox know it to be against the false claims that you all spit out to the protestant here. Remember the Reformation came from YOUR church NOT the Orthodox church.I was trying to be nice believe it or not.What turned me against the cathlics here is when I logged into Topixs month agon and saw you making fun or two orthodoxy's that was here to your so called catholic priest that was here.I thought to myself,so this is how they really feel about orthodoxs and nick and myself.You catholics are the deceivers.Unlike you all I do not enjoy the bickering and it will not take me 6 years of Topix's to figure this out unless you truth are here for that reason...what you think of me matters not to me....your loyalty to me and nick was never there.....

Albuquerque, NM

#468162 Aug 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I perceive you as just another person who claims to read the future ... is proud of your own supposed accomplishments and wants to share them with others so they can also find "self" as you believe you KNOW "self."
I used to "read the future", now I am only trying to change it.

But if people don't want to be honest, then those people won't change.

You should try it some time.

Always remember - "change" is the only thing that stays constant.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#468163 Aug 2, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I state that Christianity is a fallacy and people are wrong for not being honest that it is.
Please get my points straight, if you are going to use them as an "assault against me".
I did get you point ... many times. You believe that your spin on the Jesus myth is NOT bunk, and my point is that all religion is bunk.

Do you GET my point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Chilli J 47,262
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 1 hr Paul really is dead 473
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Aerobatty 990,714
Crackdown On Liberal Safe Space 5 hr HalloChristmasWeen 1
THE WHITAKER FAMILY of ODD, WV (Sep '11) 8 hr Just curious 78
TWA Flight 800 (Jul '13) 11 hr Doctor REALITY 13
Poll Do you think Juliet Huddy is hot? (Dec '07) 11 hr Trace 79
More from around the web