Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
451,401 - 451,420 of 539,209 Comments Last updated 9 min ago

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#467753 Aug 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless it's true that past, present and future are all one.
Touche!

:o)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#467754 Aug 1, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"Salvation involves the redemption of the whole man, and is offered freely to all who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, who by His own blood obtained eternal redemption for the believer."
Yes. These things have occured in my life. Thanks for caring.
~~~

While salvation ultimately involves the redemption of the whole man,

our soul/SPIRIT is what has been saved until

the redemption of the body that will come when Jesus catches us away.

-->REDEMPTION OF THE BODY IS OUR EARNEST EXPECTATION.<
~~~

Rom 8:19 --> For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Rom 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

==>WE WILL BE DELIVERED FROM THIS BODIES BONDAGE OF CORRUPTION<

Rom 8:21 ==> Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

NOTE
Rom 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

Rom 8:23 AND NOT ONLY THEY BUT

OURSELVES ALSO,

which have the firstfruits of the Spirit,

even we ourselves groan within ourselves,

waiting for the adoption, to wit, THE REDEMPTION OF OUR BODY.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#467755 Aug 1, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
CALL ME WHAT YOU WILL...
Words cannot explain my thoughts of you.

I don't think that "god" and I are on the same "page."

Albuquerque, NM

#467756 Aug 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm still waiting for what Jesus said that you want others to believe.
I guess you're too busy leading others to self.
:)
Self helps make the determination on what we believe, not Jesus.

Self includes those choices we make using free will.

If you can't realize this, then trying to explain anything more to you would be useless.

Albuquerque, NM

#467757 Aug 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are hitting KayMarie in the bible-belt!
No I wasn't - I was hitting GiF in the "belt". KM signs her posts with her name - GiF doesn't.

But it doesn't really matter - because they both are very lacking in their belief in Jesus, even though they lie and say something else.

Most so-called "Christians" when believing in Jesus, have done it only half-way.

Quesnel, Canada

#467758 Aug 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Are you bragging...
tooting your own horn?
He that tooteth not his own horn the same shall not be tooted
but
he that tooteth his own horn ...shall run his battery down.
Psa_53:1 A Psalm of David.
The fool hath said in his heart,
There is no God.
Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity:
there is none that doeth good.
Of course I'm tooting my own horn when I claim that humans are either dumb or dumber.

Would like to wear the dumber part of the equation?

I'm offering it to your self on behalf of my self.

Buy the way, if you want to play with the scriptures, I suggest you also follow your advise to KayMarie and company and start killing some people as the god commanded of YOU.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed.(Leviticus 20:9)

If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die.(Leviticus 20:10).

If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death.(Leviticus 20:11)

If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death.(Leviticus 20:14)

If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed.(Leviticus 20:15-16).

If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)

Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death.(Leviticus 20:27)

If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake.(Leviticus 21:9)

People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)

Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community.(Leviticus 24:14-16)

Quesnel, Canada

#467759 Aug 1, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Self helps make the determination on what we believe, not Jesus.
Self includes those choices we make using free will.
If you can't realize this, then trying to explain anything more to you would be useless.
I'm not interested in your sermons. What do you believe that Jesus preached in HIS sermons.

That was my question.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#467760 Aug 1, 2013
<quoted text>
I AM MORE INTERESTED IN OBEDIENCE TO GOD'S WORD IN ALL THINGS..
I DON'T ATTEMPT TO CONTEND WITH WHAT JESUS HAS SAID...
HIS instruction, I attempt to follow concerning
WATER BAPTISM is the words of Jesus..
I DON'T ARGUE WITH HIM.
I JUST OBEY...
AFTER ALL.....HE IS GOD!
(IF JESUS DOESN'T KNOW WHAT WE MUST DO TO BE SAVED...
THEN....
WHO DOES?)
HE SAID
Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
NOTE
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things
whatsoever I have --> COMMANDED <--you: and,
lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
--> COMMANDED <-- DEFINED IN GREEK as used in MATTHEW 28:20
G1781
&#949;&#787;&#957; &#964;&#949;&#769; &#955;&#955;&#959; &#956;&#945;&#953;
entellomai
en-tel'-lom-ahee
From G1722 and the base of G5056; to enjoin:-(give) charge,(give) command(-ments), injoin.
JESUS SAID
John 14:15
(DRB) If you love me, keep my COMMANDMENTS.
(Geneva) If ye loue me, keepe my comandements,
(KJV) If ye love me, keep my commandments.
Glad to know you're interested in obedience, but I'm not talking about you. Your protestant friends say baptism isn't necessary for salvation, it's just an act and gets you wet. My question is more to the protestant audience; if baptism is an act of obedience to Jesus and we don't obey Him regarding baptism, what does that mean in terms of your salvation?

Quesnel, Canada

#467761 Aug 1, 2013
<quoted text>
I call you a fraud, because you are.
To people with opposing opinions, we are all frauds.

#467762 Aug 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you are regurgitating junk that was debunked many years ago. lol
there are no lost tribes of Israel per se, except when it comes to Christ.
````

IF THERE WERE ANY LOST TRIBES OF ISRAEL

THEY WERE FOUND IN

Act 2:5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem ==>Jews,<== devout men,

--> out of every nation under heaven.<--

Act 2:6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.

Act 2:7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?

NOTE
Act 2:8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?

Act 2:9 Parthians, and

Medes, and Elamites,

and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and

in Judaea, and

Cappadocia, in

Pontus, and

Asia,
Act 2:10 Phrygia, and

Pamphylia,

in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene,

and strangers of Rome,

Jews and

proselytes,

Act 2:11 Cretes and

Arabians,

we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

THEY AINT LOST ANY MORE...

Quesnel, Canada

#467763 Aug 1, 2013
<quoted text>
No I wasn't - I was hitting GiF in the "belt". KM signs her posts with her name - GiF doesn't.
But it doesn't really matter - because they both are very lacking in their belief in Jesus, even though they lie and say something else.
Most so-called "Christians" when believing in Jesus, have done it only half-way.
You might believe you have left Catholicism behind, but it has not left you behind.

You seem to believe that you are an exact replica of the supposed HOLY Jesus.

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#467764 Aug 1, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>My Satan seed? What do you mean by "My Satan seed?"
Your ridiculous,assertions regarding Satan's,seed

I would nit even repeat them ..

Location hidden

#467765 Aug 1, 2013
I am telling the world that Anthony is as phony a Christian as a three dollar bill...his "Christian testimony" regards his "salvation" is on the net!!!!!

He copied and pasted it!!!!! Here it is!!!

Are you ready to accept the gift of eternal life that Jesus is offering you right now? Let's review what this commitment involves:

I acknowledge I am a sinner in need of a Savior - this is to repent or turn away from sin

I believe in my heart that God raised Jesus from the dead - this is to trust that Jesus paid the full penalty for my sins

I confess Jesus as my Lord and my God - this is to surrender control of my life to Jesus

I receive Jesus as my Savior forever - this is to accept that God has done for me and in me what He promised

Its on an SBC web site....titled "How to be a Christian"...

I have failed him!!!! I have told him over and over, never tell a lie that can be easily proven a lie...but, evidently, I are not a good teacher...
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#467766 Aug 1, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
While salvation ultimately involves the redemption of the whole man,
our soul/SPIRIT is what has been saved until
the redemption of the body that will come when Jesus catches us away.
-->REDEMPTION OF THE BODY IS OUR EARNEST EXPECTATION.<
~~~
Rom 8:19 --> For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
Rom 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
==>WE WILL BE DELIVERED FROM THIS BODIES BONDAGE OF CORRUPTION<
Rom 8:21 ==> Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
NOTE
Rom 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
Rom 8:23 AND NOT ONLY THEY BUT
OURSELVES ALSO,
which have the firstfruits of the Spirit,
even we ourselves groan within ourselves,
waiting for the adoption, to wit, THE REDEMPTION OF OUR BODY.
Right, that's the Catholic teaching. The quote I used is from the SBC site oxbore pasted.

#467767 Aug 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Words cannot explain my thoughts of you.
I don't think that "god" and I are on the same "page."
God's thought concerning obedient Christians are..

Jer_29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
Gary

Hamilton, Canada

#467768 Aug 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't care if the god is a foaming-at-the-mouth raving maniac, as long as they believe he prevents them from spending eternity in hell.
As (according to the theology) he created evil ... I suggest he is in cahoots with the devil, and that he knows that all humans for being so stupid deserve to spend eternity in one hell or another hell.
I prefer a Buddhist cold hell ... or a Muslim cold hell. How about you???
I don't believe in HELL, hot or cold, so I can't go there.

Sorry!

Pope Bendict emeritus stated that Agnostics and Atheists who do good deeds have a better shot at heaven than social catholics do. Sorry for you social catholics Anthony, HOJO, CLAY, REGINA M...etc.

#467769 Aug 1, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
I am telling the world that Anthony is as phony a Christian as a three dollar bill...his "Christian testimony" regards his "salvation" is on the net!!!!!
He copied and pasted it!!!!! Here it is!!!
Are you ready to accept the gift of eternal life that Jesus is offering you right now? Let's review what this commitment involves:
I acknowledge I am a sinner in need of a Savior - this is to repent or turn away from sin
I believe in my heart that God raised Jesus from the dead - this is to trust that Jesus paid the full penalty for my sins
I confess Jesus as my Lord and my God - this is to surrender control of my life to Jesus
I receive Jesus as my Savior forever - this is to accept that God has done for me and in me what He promised
Its on an SBC web site....titled "How to be a Christian"...
I have failed him!!!! I have told him over and over, never tell a lie that can be easily proven a lie...but, evidently, I are not a good teacher...
~~~~~~

You have attempted to launch your self into the position of God

Anthony has made a public confession of Jesus Christ as his persona savior.

Whether or not it is genuine is not your call. Only He and god knows

You need to mind you own business...

and let the holy spirit perform maintenance in his life

Let Him under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, work out His own salvation in fear and trembling...

Php_2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

#467770 Aug 1, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in HELL, hot or cold, so I can't go there.
Sorry!
Pope Bendict emeritus stated that Agnostics and Atheists who do good deeds have a better shot at heaven than social catholics do. Sorry for you social catholics Anthony, HOJO, CLAY, REGINA M...etc.
~~~

Rom 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?

Rom 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Quesnel, Canada

#467771 Aug 1, 2013
<quoted text>
God's thought concerning obedient Christians are..
Jer_29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
Some more of your supposed god's thoughts that you ignore.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed.(Leviticus 20:9)

If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die.(Leviticus 20:10).

If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death.(Leviticus 20:11)

If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death.(Leviticus 20:14)

If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed.(Leviticus 20:15-16).

If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)

Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death.(Leviticus 20:27)

If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake.(Leviticus 21:9)

People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)

Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community.(Leviticus 24:14-16)

Quesnel, Canada

#467772 Aug 1, 2013
According to the bible, "god" commands that humans kill each other.

Yet these god-promoters keep on lying by claiming that the god is only of the nature of love.

Stupid humans can't go beyond stupidity.

It's not possible.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Dr_Zorderz 258,084
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 12 min Seraphima 600,016
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 16 min Classic 1,768
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 min curiouslu 733,228
Good bye Michael Sam 30 min Doctor REALITY 11
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 32 min bad bob 173,285
Last Word + 2 33 min Bev Jamison 540
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 33 min Aquarius-WY 2,462
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 41 min CunningLinguist 226,391
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••