Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,570)

Showing posts 451,381 - 451,400 of529,688
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
CALL ME WHAT YOU WILL...
But not to matter...I am whom God says I am..
No - you are what you say you are.

"God" didn't have any say in what you do - "He" gave us free will.

If you continue to say what you do "I am whom God says I am" - you must not have any free will and I highly doubt you will be telling me the truth.
<quoted text>
Question...
WHY IS IT THAT YOU TAKE THE WORD OF ONE MAN (THOMAS) AS WITNESS TO WHAT JESUS SAID..AND DID
You misunderstand. I don't take just the words of one man. I accept them all.....all the Apostles. Unlike you and others, who have taken the choices and decision of men over Jesus' Apostles.
<quoted text>
THERE IS NOT A COURT IN THE LAND THAT WILL CONVICT A MAN AT THE WORD OF ONE WITNESS..
Deu_19:15 One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth: at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established.
THE BIBLE requires/PROVIDES ...TWO OTHERS ...MATTHEW AND JOHN...THAT
WERE WITH JESUS in his ministry HERE ON EARTH...
THEREFORE IT IS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY FOR US TO PUT ALL THEIR
ACCOUNTS/what they witnessed... OF WHAT JESUS SAID AND DID)...
together to conclude what is truth.
As I said your understanding is grossly inadequate..
The Bible contains less than six of the original 13 Apostles - and that would be pushing the limit.

What's even more sillier - you'll quote a passage from Deut, but object to stoning homosexuals to death, "God's law" that directs so-called "Christians" to abide by the "truth". Yet you don't.

You are a fraud by your own admission.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
If it means BEING AN UNBELIEVING INFIDEL such as you are...
Did god tell you to refer to New Age Spiritual Leader as an infidel???

What on earth is god coming to? I hope in order to bolster your pride in your self that he happened to add that YOU are going to be rewarded with sainthood for spotting yet another infidel that will be sure to spend eternity in hell.

:)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

who="Michael "
Show us in your version of the bible where Mary was an ever virgin, and that purgatory exists, and hell waits for those that don't meet your standards?
Kind of sad. Born by chance to a catholic family, your OK! Born by chance to a protestant family too bad for you.
Is that how God operates?
UNBELIEVABLE!

The Bible says to: "Study to show yourself approved unto God..."

People who can read are to examine what they believe. I did this early on, studying other religions, and denominations. I found that the Bible and Christianity had the only reasonable answers for life and its problems.

People like yourself have been wounded by people who didn't measure up, and many (like yourself) have decided that it was because of God. You were wounded by some who FAILED TO TRULY follow GOD.

Read The Bible again...see what it REALLY says...

KayMarie

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
cowboy says..........my wife has a Masters in Nursing and she isn't smarter tan I am.
Michael says...If you can't spell the word "THAN" (tan) then your wife is smarter than you and is probably the real bread winner of the family.
This thread is a riot!

Hahahahahahahaha

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
In humans there are two catagories ... dumb and dumber???
Are you bragging...
tooting your own horn?

He that tooteth not his own horn the same shall not be tooted

but

he that tooteth his own horn ...shall run his battery down.

Psa_53:1 A Psalm of David.

The fool hath said in his heart,

There is no God.

Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity:

there is none that doeth good.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Sniped for space...
Testimony: A public declaration regarding a religious experience.
When asked to share with me the occasion of you being saved, you said:
I've confessed with my mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead, as has every faithful Catholic. Now tell me what else one needs to do?
You then quoted, as being your testimony of being saved,.Ro 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
You then tried to side-track the dicussion with: I know what the Church teaches about salvation, that's not at issue. Your fellow protestants say Catholics aren't saved, but can't or won't say what they've done for their salvation that every Catholic hasn't done. I'll give you another chance.
The operative part of this verse is what happens when you do what it says your should do. I've done it. I'm saved according to SBC rules.
I am saved according to SBC rules because I confessed and believed per Rom. 10:9, I accepted Christ as my Saviour, know that it's only through His sacrifice on the cross that I am redeemed, etc., etc.
I've done evertything the SBC says I should do. Here's what the SBC says:
Are you ready to accept the gift of eternal life that Jesus is offering you right now? Let's review what this commitment involves:I acknowledge I am a sinner in need of a Savior - this is to repent or turn away from sin. I believe in my heart that God raised Jesus from the dead - this is to trust that Jesus paid the full penalty for my sins. I confess Jesus as my Lord and my God - this is to surrender control of my life to Jesus I receive Jesus as my Savior forever - this is to accept that God has done for me and in me what He promised.
Sounds to me like you are playing a guessing game in the hopes of winning a cigar.
You said: I've done evertything the SBC says I should do. I'm saved according to SBC rules.
Here is what the SBC says about salvation:
Salvation involves the redemption of the whole man, and is offered freely to all who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, who by His own blood obtained eternal redemption for the believer. In its broadest sense salvation includes regeneration, justification, sanctification, and glorification. There is no salvation apart from personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord.
A. Regeneration, or the new birth, is a work of God's grace whereby believers become new creatures in Christ Jesus. It is a change of heart wrought by the Holy Spirit through conviction of sin, to which the sinner responds in repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Repentance and faith are inseparable experiences of grace.
Repentance is a genuine turning from sin toward God. Faith is the acceptance of Jesus Christ and commitment of the entire personality to Him as Lord and Saviour.
B. Justification is God's gracious and full acquittal upon principles of His righteousness of all sinners who repent and believe in Christ. Justification brings the believer unto a relationship of peace and favor with God.
C. Sanctification is the experience, beginning in regeneration, by which the believer is set apart to God's purposes, and is enabled to progress toward moral and spiritual maturity through the presence and power of the Holy Spirit dwelling in him. Growth in grace should continue throughout the regenerate person's life.
D. Glorification is the culmination of salvation and is the final blessed and abiding state of the redeemed.
Are you now saying that at some point in time the above ocurred in your life?
"Salvation involves the redemption of the whole man, and is offered freely to all who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, who by His own blood obtained eternal redemption for the believer."

Yes. These things have occured in my life. Thanks for caring.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
No - you are what you say you are.
"God" didn't have any say in what you do - "He" gave us free will.
If you continue to say what you do "I am whom God says I am" - you must not have any free will and I highly doubt you will be telling me the truth.
<quoted text>
You misunderstand. I don't take just the words of one man. I accept them all.....all the Apostles. Unlike you and others, who have taken the choices and decision of men over Jesus' Apostles.
<quoted text>
The Bible contains less than six of the original 13 Apostles - and that would be pushing the limit.
What's even more sillier - you'll quote a passage from Deut, but object to stoning homosexuals to death, "God's law" that directs so-called "Christians" to abide by the "truth". Yet you don't.
You are a fraud by your own admission.
~~~

You only call me a fraud... because you hate standing alone ...in you in inadequacies..

Misery loves company don't you know
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
I am telling the world that Anthony is as phony a Christian as a three dollar bill...his "Christian testimony" regards his "salvation" is on the net!!!!!
He copied and pasted it!!!!! Here it is!!!
Are you ready to accept the gift of eternal life that Jesus is offering you right now? Let's review what this commitment involves:
I acknowledge I am a sinner in need of a Savior - this is to repent or turn away from sin
I believe in my heart that God raised Jesus from the dead - this is to trust that Jesus paid the full penalty for my sins
I confess Jesus as my Lord and my God - this is to surrender control of my life to Jesus
I receive Jesus as my Savior forever - this is to accept that God has done for me and in me what He promised
Its on an SBC web site....titled "How to be a Christian"...
I have failed him!!!! I have told him over and over, never tell a lie that can be easily proven a lie...but, evidently, I are not a good teacher...
I said it was from the SBC when I pasted it.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who makes their living like you do selling God, of course you are going to say good things and not bite the hand that feeds you and your family.
They don't care if the god is a foaming-at-the-mouth raving maniac, as long as they believe he prevents them from spending eternity in hell.

As (according to the theology) he created evil ... I suggest he is in cahoots with the devil, and that he knows that all humans for being so stupid deserve to spend eternity in one hell or another hell.

I prefer a Buddhist cold hell ... or a Muslim cold hell. How about you???

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

<quoted text>
...and what is happening now, will not be happening in a moment.
:o)
Unless it's true that past, present and future are all one.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...Slowly but surely same sex marriage is waving across america. Its obvious the american public have spoken. Two things americans love are their sex and their guns.
Hahahahahahaha

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

<quoted text>
I AM MORE INTERESTED IN OBEDIENCE TO GOD'S WORD IN ALL THINGS..
Then I suggest before it is too late for you ... you start following his following commandments ... and by the way I'll write to you in prison.

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed.(Leviticus 20:9)

If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die.(Leviticus 20:10).

If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death.(Leviticus 20:11)

If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death.(Leviticus 20:14)

If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed.(Leviticus 20:15-16).

If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)

Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death.(Leviticus 20:27)

If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake.(Leviticus 21:9)

People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)

Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community.(Leviticus 24:14-16)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
Allow me to tweak your interest about the Royal family of England and the Davidic bloodline.
http://asis.com/users/stag/royalty.html
you are regurgitating junk that was debunked many years ago. lol
there are no lost tribes of Israel per se, except when it comes to Christ.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
cowboy says..........my wife has a Masters in Nursing and she isn't smarter tan I am.
Michael says...If you can't spell the word "THAN" (tan) then your wife is smarter than you and is probably the real bread winner of the family.
excuse me Mike, this is [old history]. my fingers don't always go where I want them to

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Why don't you believe Jesus?
I'm still waiting for what Jesus said that you want others to believe.

I guess you're too busy leading others to self.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

<quoted text>
Can we count on you to stone to death all the homosexuals, or in the least, be present with throwing stones at them?
I, for one, am counting on you to uphold "God's word" - as "He" states that this must be done.
Take pictures, because I really don't think you will be upholding "God's word" for these acts to be accomplished, if you don't.
I'll be waiting for the pictures!!
Hypocrite.
Now you are hitting KayMarie in the bible-belt!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
In humans there are two catagories ... dumb and dumber???
nope, ONE MORE IN WHICH CATEGORY, YOU FIT.

DUMBEST!!!!!!!

nope this just came to me.

FOOLISH!!!!!!!!!!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
I am telling the world that Anthony is as phony a Christian as a three dollar bill...his "Christian testimony" regards his "salvation" is on the net!!!!!
He copied and pasted it!!!!! Here it is!!!
Are you ready to accept the gift of eternal life that Jesus is offering you right now? Let's review what this commitment involves:
I acknowledge I am a sinner in need of a Savior - this is to repent or turn away from sin
I believe in my heart that God raised Jesus from the dead - this is to trust that Jesus paid the full penalty for my sins
I confess Jesus as my Lord and my God - this is to surrender control of my life to Jesus
I receive Jesus as my Savior forever - this is to accept that God has done for me and in me what He promised
Its on an SBC web site....titled "How to be a Christian"...
I have failed him!!!! I have told him over and over, never tell a lie that can be easily proven a lie...but, evidently, I are not a good teacher...
lol. Again, I said it was from the SBC....tell whoever you want, my post is there for the whole world to see. I think you're frustrated that I take you to school everyday on this board.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

<quoted text>
Hold on just a moment
OH OH! To follow is yet another sermon straight from the god that used to favor only the Jews ... shortly before had committed adultery with Protestant KayMarie and company.

Rumor has it, it's quite the orgy.

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
You only call me a fraud... because you hate standing alone ...in you in inadequacies..
Misery loves company don't you know
I call you a fraud, because you are.

As for standing alone, I don't hate anything. I stand alone because I choose to do so. Even those words are probably not accurate, as there are many like me. We will persevere.

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

(73) Jesus says:

(1) "The harvest is plentiful, but there are few workers.
(2) But beg the Lord that he may send workers into the harvest.

(108) Jesus says:

(1) "Whoever will drink from my mouth will become like me.
(2) I myself will become he,
(3) and what is hidden will be revealed to him."

Our individuality is what makes us humans great. Stop being so selfish with thinking you are better than another.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 451,381 - 451,400 of529,688
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

625 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min thewordofme 715,937
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min Charlie Sheen 255,589
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 7 min Krackerjacks 114,546
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 7 min seethestar 3,863
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 min remnant 144000 598,705
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 9 min andet1987 4,081
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 19 min gort 223,053
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 37 min larisa 59
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Jennifer 93,140