Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653554 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#468009 Aug 1, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly what is your disability? And leave your mental status out of this. We already know that's one of your disabilities.
I have given it many times, no reason to tell you. you could care less.

Location hidden

#468010 Aug 1, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
And only Jesus can give the Living Water, and He gives it freely for asking!
that is right and that is why Tony didn't know that people should be baptized in running(living waters) streams of water.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#468011 Aug 1, 2013
Try number two...

I am telling the world that Anthony is as phony a Christian as a three dollar bill...his "Christian testimony" regards his "salvation" is on the net!!!!!

He copied and pasted it!!!!! Here it is!!!

Are you ready to accept the gift of eternal life that Jesus is offering you right now? Let's review what this commitment involves:

I acknowledge I am a sinner in need of a Savior - this is to repent or turn away from sin

I believe in my heart that God raised Jesus from the dead - this is to trust that Jesus paid the full penalty for my sins

I confess Jesus as my Lord and my God - this is to surrender control of my life to Jesus

I receive Jesus as my Savior forever - this is to accept that God has done for me and in me what He promised

Its on an SBC web site....titled "How to be a Christian"...

I have failed him!!!! I have told him over and over, never tell a lie that can be easily proven a lie...but, evidently, I are not a good teacher...

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#468012 Aug 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>that is right and that is why Tony didn't know that people should be baptized in running(living waters) streams of water.
LOL,LOL. You're showing your ignorance yet again. Basically you're unfamiliar with the LIVING WATER that Christ spoke of when He was talking with the woman at the well huh?

Why don't you keep silent because the less you speak the more intelligent you will appear. It's when you speak that you show your lack of Biblical intellect.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#468013 Aug 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I have given it many times, no reason to tell you. you could care less.
But I do care. Really I do. So tell me what your disability is. I don't think I would qualify for disability if I ever had to apply for disability given my net worth. Are you aware that had you invested a mere 2000 dollars in coca cola stock in the 70's and kept re-investing the dividends, today that Coca Cola stock would be worth over 2 million dollars?

I never knew my parents were worth the amount they were till they died. My father was a very intelligent and crafty man.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#468015 Aug 1, 2013
who="Oxbow"
You are back to your favorite way of dealing with truth from Scripture...cut and run....you should have been a catlick...that is what they do best...

If you remembered your own post, you might be less 'scolding'.

You said, "Show me ONE thing that Jesus said about baptism."

He ordered His Apostles to baptize all nations. Mt. 28:19

KayMarie

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#468016 Aug 1, 2013
Question for some of you Christians that despise me because of my "orientation". If one of your kids came to you and told you that he/she was gay,how would you re-act to your kid? Be honest,please.
truth

Madeley, Australia

#468017 Aug 1, 2013
You neglected your Creator.
'it is written'
'its great who is within you'..
look dnk
https://www.google.com.au/search...

look on your hand 'N'

How you neglected what someone created?
Posses and deceived then called your discovery.

Whats deference between creation or discovery?
truth

Madeley, Australia

#468018 Aug 1, 2013
Why you posses name which not belong to you?
ankh=life
truth

Madeley, Australia

#468019 Aug 1, 2013
It is written honest can't look accusers abusers!
Did you judge mother or wife as victim?
Why you better when you attacking women or mother?

be bless
be bless
be bless

Location hidden

#468020 Aug 1, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL,LOL. You're showing your ignorance yet again. Basically you're unfamiliar with the LIVING WATER that Christ spoke of when He was talking with the woman at the well huh?
Why don't you keep silent because the less you speak the more intelligent you will appear. It's when you speak that you show your lack of Biblical intellect.
MY EXPERIENCE; JOHN CHAPTER 7; VERSES 37-39

and I have posted this filling of the Holy Ghost many times. and contrary to what marge thinks, this Baptism of the Holy Ghost DOESNT come when you get Saved.

Location hidden

#468021 Aug 1, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Question for some of you Christians that despise me because of my "orientation". If one of your kids came to you and told you that he/she was gay,how would you re-act to your kid? Be honest,please.
what difference do words make. it is What God SAYS that counts, and you are a reprobate, according to HIM.

and for that reason, you know NOTHING about God nor His Word.

as you show constantly on this forum, so keep on claiming, but you are not a teacher of the Word!
truth

Madeley, Australia

#468022 Aug 1, 2013

DNK
its everything belong within you as creation..
Did Creator exist?
Where are you..'it is written'..i am within you!
yes it is..
Did you know who sit and posses what is not belong to someone?

it is written
'i am within you'
truth

Madeley, Australia

#468023 Aug 1, 2013
Don't call possessor and deceiver God.

'it is written your Creator exist'

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#468024 Aug 1, 2013
who="Tony17" Question for some of you Christians that despise me because of my "orientation". If one of your kids came to you and told you that he/she was gay,how would you re-act to your kid? Be honest,please.

First of all, I don't hate you. Secondly, I would tell my child the truth. I would tell it that truth lovingly.

I don't use the word 'gay', as it means happy, and it came up as propaganda to try and erase the word 'queer', which means 'strange'.

Such a perversion of God's gift of sex is destructive. Medical reports reveal that oral and anal cancers are greatly multiplied in those who involve themselves in such practices.

Sex has two main objectives: A spiritual intimacy that binds a man and a woman. Two men or two women may agitate their bodies, but they have no spiritual intimacy with each other...but do entertain evil spirits.

The other objective is the propagation of the human species. Our American society has aborted one sixth of the population...over 50 million babies.(God hates the shedding of innocent blood, and our land is filled with it.)

It may 'seem' right when you are involved, but it has awful consequences with which you will have to deal sooner or later.

Don't be taken in by the current seeming popularity of homosexuality. Such things never last. It's a bit like the school kids who have to have the current style in school...only what you are handling is more serious.

KayMarie

Location hidden

#468025 Aug 1, 2013
A SAVED CHURCH MEMBERSHIP
Being able to provide an account of one's salvation is essential to become a member of a Baptist church.

Note to Ant: Saying "I done all the SBC rules call for"...or words to that affect...ain't going to cut it...

There are still some churches who stipulate that such a testimony be verbal and public. However, most Baptist churches are comfortable with an individual telling of the moment when they were born-again to one of their pastors, a deacon, or a "personal worker" during an invitation (usually at the conclusion of the sermon when individuals are invited to come to the front where a designated person will read appropriate Scriptures and pray with you). Having provided a testimony of salvation, the next step is to be baptized (see below) to become a church member.
Should a believer already hold membership in another Baptist church, it may be transferred by letter. Using this approach, the receiving church sends a request for a transfer of letter to the previous church. Most Baptist churches, regardless of whatever differences they may share regarding the finer aspects of doctrine, will honor the transfer of letter. The only time they may not do so is if the requesting member has been a serious problem in the church where they had been previously attending. In fact, this method of receiving members benefits local churches who may not be aware that the person requesting membership has been an issue.
Conversely, there are Baptists who are proud of the fact that they have an unbroken chain of letters from one church to another as they have moved to various communities or sensed the leading of God to bring whatever they can contribute to another church where they are needed.
Another method of receiving members is by statement. There are those circumstances where a believer had been a member of a church that is no longer in existence or it has been a very long time since being a church member. Since churches do not always hold names on their membership roles for indefinite periods of time, there may be no record of someone having been a member. Since Baptists do not baptize a person more than one time, accepting a believer by statement is a normal and accepted practice. Those who request membership using this method will have to share more of their salvation testimony and baptism by immersion but, in view of this way of joining the church, sharing such information would only be reasonable.

Location hidden

#468026 Aug 1, 2013
continuated...

The bottom line is that those who are granted membership in a Baptist church must provide a clear testimony of their having been born-again/saved.
-
"...And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved." ~ Acts 2:47b
-
A BAPTIZED CHURCH MEMBERSHIP
Trusting in Jesus as your personal Saviour will give one the assurance of Heaven as your home. However, it is being immersed in water as a testimony to the church when it has gathered that qualifies a believer for membership.
Baptists do not confuse water baptism with salvation by faith. Being born-again is purely a spiritual matter. Baptizing someone in water cannot save a lost soul from Hell. However, it does provide a beautiful symbolic picture of death (going under the water), burial (being under the water), and resurrection (coming out of the water). When a believer is immersed (from the Greek word "baptidzo" that was transliterated into English as "baptism"), he/she is testifying to the church that salvation by faith has already taken place and now membership in the church is being granted. It is also considered to be a Biblical command and not an option for a Christian.
Baptists do not sprinkle infants. Accepting that ignorance of the knowledge of sin protects infants and small children until they come to understand their own sin guilt, they are not yet accountable. Therefore, they cannot comprehend salvation by faith, let alone being baptized into the membership of a local church. The misconception that babies need to be sprinkled into some kind of invisible universal body to protect them should they die before reaching the age of accountablity is not to be found in the Scriptures.
Some Baptist churches still use a nearby lake or river to baptize. Most employ large walk-in tanks that are incorporated into their church auditoriums. Those to be baptized are instructed beforehand as to the purpose and meaning of baptism. Changing rooms are provided in close proximity to the baptistry. The pastor is authorized to perform the baptisms for the congregation. Usually, there is no set date for when baptisms are to occur. Since baptism is not necessary for salvation, the church may wait until several believers are ready to be baptized and then plan a service to include this
ordinance.

Worth repeating:
Since baptism is not necessary for salvation, the church may wait until several believers are ready to be baptized and then plan a service to include this ordinance.

Location hidden

#468027 Aug 1, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>But I do care. Really I do. So tell me what your disability is. I don't think I would qualify for disability if I ever had to apply for disability given my net worth. Are you aware that had you invested a mere 2000 dollars in coca cola stock in the 70's and kept re-investing the dividends, today that Coca Cola stock would be worth over 2 million dollars?
I never knew my parents were worth the amount they were till they died. My father was a very intelligent and crafty man.
net worth HAS NOTHING to do with the determination of a persons injuries during your service tour of duty. I retired over 10 years ago from my secular job and they used my VA medical records to determine that I couldnt work any longer, but the VA wouldn't use the same records and it took over ten years to get them to determine that I couldn't work, but this is not uncommon with the VA.

so for me, neck broken in three places and 5(2,3,4,5 6) fused with first operation(stainless steel to hold them in place) and 3(3,4,5) on the second. fracture of L5. nice little bullet hole in my right arm, which messed up the ulnar nerve and has caused my fingers to be crooked. and to go along with all of that, nerve pain going down both legs.

and I really wish that the shingles pain would leave.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#468028 Aug 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>what difference do words make. it is What God SAYS that counts, and you are a reprobate, according to HIM.
and for that reason, you know NOTHING about God nor His Word.
as you show constantly on this forum, so keep on claiming, but you are not a teacher of the Word!
I know nothing about Gods wor? Do tell suh. Weren't you the one that said that LIVING WATER was water that runs,LOL,LOL,LOL? You didn't know a thing about the LIVING WATER that Christ was talking to the woman at the well about.

You seriously stated that LIVING WATER was running water,LOL.( shaking my head at U). REMEMBER THAT PREACHER THAT YOU WERE HERE BRAGGING ABOUT A COUPLE WEEKS AGO? YOU STATED THAT HE WAS THR BEST PREACHER YOU HAVE EVER HEARD PREACH. Is he the one that told you that living water was water that runs,LOL?
truth

Madeley, Australia

#468029 Aug 1, 2013
if your partner have be medicly neglected then its past on wife..
How you can call one good mother whore then make conclusion its adulatory..
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooo
Its beside corupt organization which used sick man as well many man beside not payment for sickness as insurance have to be..or some mothers except life as Christan part of Cross as suffering.
Is great danger for one mother have with someone which have to be loved very much but sick.
Its much more worse then take poison then do something for yourself.
Suffering is part where together is not be always comfortable where one side as sick become accuser on other side false testimony trough law is fraud treated mother very badly as victim.

it is written

'temptation and false accusers are not part of righteousness'..
Which Law support that?

Did Jesus been accuse and tempted?

Yes it is!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 4 min Ricky F 39,118
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 min LAWEST100 618,736
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min PELE78 63,159
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 7 min Ricky F 53,883
Jokes About The Crew !!!!!! (Oct '10) 11 min Ricky F 10
"My anger wouldn't let me feel for a 'stranger'" 12 min Doctor REALITY 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 58 min Gabriel 973,520
first gay experience? (Sep '14) 8 hr Katie_Anderson14 41
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 10 hr RiccardoFire 106,459
More from around the web