Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679393 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#467994 Aug 1, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Oxbow"
So...you can see the absurdity in your words on the matter:
You have attempted to launch your self into the position of God
Anthony has made a public confession of Jesus Christ as his persona savior.
Whether or not it is genuine is not your call. Only He and god knows
You need to mind you own business...
and let the holy spirit perform maintenance in his life
Let Him under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, work out His own salvation in fear and trembling...
Php_2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Oxbow, I agreed with your testimony, but, you must admit, you tend to present yourself as a scolder.
I make no effort to present myself as God, but I do pray that all on this forum (Anthony and yourself included) experience the love of God that is ABOVE ANY CHURCH DENOMINATION.
I believe in Php. 2:12...but I also believe that we should lovingly encourage others as they 'work out' their experience with God.
A proper fear of God should make us 'tremble' at the thought of causing someone else to fall. Our current society seems to be strangers to the fear of God, and it trembles at little.
KayMarie
It was not my testimony...it was an example of a testimony...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#467996 Aug 1, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
That Ecumenical Patriarch should stop being so darn ecumenical!!!
You're right though, had the Bishop of Rome not held his ground against the heretic eastern bishops, we'd all be Arians now.
And we heretic's thank God for leading us away from the corruption and the atrocities of the catholic church.....have a nice day...

Location hidden

#467997 Aug 1, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Oxbow"
Is there a problem???? You can't face the truth from Scripture????
Show me where He said one thing about being baptized...
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Jesus commanded His Apostles to baptize all nations. Mt. 28:19
There is more there, too.
KayMarie
You are back to your favorite way of dealing with truth from Scripture...cut and run....you should have been a catlick...that is what they do best...
truth

Madeley, Australia

#467998 Aug 1, 2013
It is written scripture explain about people who suffering from wicket which can't have holy ticket..'temptation'.
Is that emotional and mental issue which others want defended attacking any person religion or not religion.
Many case defending non-lawful attacking mothers wife children's in name defending very powerful organizations where ordinary people don't have rights defending themself.
Is Law privileged money and so on..or have to be for everyone some.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#467999 Aug 1, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
That Ecumenical Patriarch should stop being so darn ecumenical!!!
You're right though, had the Bishop of Rome not held his ground against the heretic eastern bishops, we'd all be Arians now.
You fall into predictable Catholic step, dont you.

1 Switch the Topic. You and Storm were the one that said I was not an Orthodox because I should agree with the Patriarch. You mocked me. You said that had no respect for the Patriarch. You said any Orthodox would follow the Patriarchs.Well, sweetheart, now you change the subject. You dont sound that brilliant now, do you. Perhaps if Catholics would have disagreed with your Pope through history a few times so many would not have to suffer.

2. Re this Arian controversy have posted how it was the East that got it in line- specifically Athanasius, and the Cappadocians.I poted how the Pope may hav attended 1 of the 7 Conferences by which we defined the core of the faith. The ope was too busy with Constantine the butcherer. But the Catholic way here is if you wait enough time after being proven wrong, you can post the same unTruths again.

3. You conveniently forgot how you ridiculed me for stating that the Orthodox people do not want reunion. You said that was false. Sera and were the mutants.Why do you suddenly forget you made that argument and switch on to the Arians of all things. You were informed by your propaganda spilling hierarchy that when the Catholic converted Barbarians to fight for them to take over the world the the Arians were allowed to keep their old gods as well.

4.Be proud of your Apo-stole-the-Church for being the only evil that brought violence and the secular forces to the Holy Mountain.
It does show that perhaps some people here are correct when they propose that there is inherent evil in your church.

5.You think the monks were extreme? Try to get the Orthodox people to reunite with the Catholic Church. You havent seen nothing yet. Why? Because we dont change the tenets of our faith and then hide behind categories.We stick with the faith. You modify the faith to get more power.We will not change our faith.I will personally schedule another helicopter so your second Pope can sneak off into the sky as well.

Stay out of my posts.

Location hidden

#468000 Aug 1, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand what you're saying Rose. Lets assume we're talking about a "faithful" Catholic, one who's brought up in the faith, receives the sacraments, weekly mass, etc., and an evangelical who's brought up in their faith community. Both are continuously reaffirming their faith on a daily basis. I have been saying and believing the Nicene Creed for as long as I can remember. What seems to be a recurring theme with many evangelicals out there is a childhood and adulthood mired in sin with minimal, if any spirituality in their lives. One day they find God, experience His grace and have a conversion and presume that's the only way a person gets saved. That may have been similar to the early Church when Gentiles were being converted, but once Christian communities started it was not he norm.
Saying the Creed may or may not be testimony. I attended Catholic Mass for years. I have seen most in Catholic Mass buzz through this without any thought whatsoever. Many dont even know what each line of the Creed means.

Location hidden

#468001 Aug 1, 2013
“But what will you do,” inquired the envoys,“when the Romans are united to the Byzantines? Yesterday, indeed, two delegates arrived from Rome and tomorrow, the Lord’s day, they will communicate the Holy Mysteries with the Patriarch.”
The Saint replied,“Even if the whole universe holds communion with the Patriarch, I will not communicate with him. For I know from the writings of the holy Apostle Paul: the Holy Spirit declares that even the angels would be anathema if they should begin to preach another Gospel, introducing some new teaching.”

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#468002 Aug 1, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
It's heavy but not too long, seeing this verse in a new light:)
I Believe Noah's ark will be found.
2 Pe 3:5 For this they willfully forget, that there were heavens from of old, and an earth compacted out of water and amidst water, by the word of God;.
Yes..lot of little nuggets,..I am finding it very interesting ..
The page on Dominion Theology...
http://www.thepropheticyears.com/comments/The...

Explains a,lot IMO ..And no offense to anyone of that belief if any are here

Just never heard of it
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#468003 Aug 1, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Just passing on a few pages,on a,site I found
Anyone I think will find some or all of this interesting
http://www.thepropheticyears.com/comments/pro...
http://www.thepropheticyears.com/comments/The...
http://www.thepropheticyears.com/
thank you for the links, I posted them to my favorites to read later.

Location hidden

#468004 Aug 1, 2013
The Roman church today (Frankish Church) is not the one that separated from us in 1054, over this very issue of papal monarchism, as well as the pope's authority to add a new doctrine to the Nicene Creed.

Even Western Christians of 1054 would not recognize their church today.

Ironically, they would feel more at home in the Orthodox Church than their own, particularly when it comes to worship.

This is because Orthodoxy, despite its diverse jurisdictions, has done a far better job of maintaining liturgical integrity and historic practice than have the Roman Catholics within their centralized papal monarchy

Location hidden

#468005 Aug 1, 2013
“Even if bishops are driven from their Churches, be not dismayed. If traitors have arisen from among the very clergy themselves, let not this undermine your confidence in God. We are saved not by names, but by mind and purpose, and genuine love toward our Creator.”
St. Basil the Great: Letter CCLVII, To the monks harassed by the Arians

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#468006 Aug 1, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
“Even if bishops are driven from their Churches, be not dismayed. If traitors have arisen from among the very clergy themselves, let not this undermine your confidence in God. We are saved not by names, but by mind and purpose, and genuine love toward our Creator.”
St. Basil the Great: Letter CCLVII, To the monks harassed by the Arians
l

Sent you both those links in case you get bored reading about

That poor monastery.:)

Location hidden

#468007 Aug 1, 2013
Patriarch Bartholomew of Constantinople and his Synod have issued a special Encyclical in which he takes vehement issue with those whose opposition to the contemporary phenomenon of syncretist ecumenism is based, he claims, on their opposition to dialogue and to the reunion of Christians.

Clearly, Patriarch Bartholomew wants us to believe that ecumenism consists of nothing more than having conversations with other people. As anyone familiar with the field knows, this is misleading to say the least.

Who are these people who refuse to countenance dialogue with heterodox Christians and non-Christians?

They are members of "certain circles that exclusively claim for themselves the title of zealot and defender of Orthodoxy"; they constitute a group of "opponents of every effort for the restoration of unity among Christians" and in their opposition, raise themselves "above Episcopal Synods of the Church to the dangerous point of creating schisms within the Church".

The targets of Patriarch Bartholomew's vehement denunciation are likely all those who have written (or have signed) documents currently circulating in Greece and throughout the Orthodox world, most notably the Confession of Faith Against Ecumenism which is evidently recruiting more signatories daily.

One must stress that the authors and signers of these Confessions are not Old-Calendarists. They are members - often prominent members - of Patriarch Bartholomew's own Church. They may be dissidents; but they are insiders in dissension.

These Confessions of Faith take sharp issue with syncretist ecumenism as currently practiced by Patriarch Bartholomew and the incumbents of all the historic Patriarchates.

As of this writing, literally hundreds of monastic leaders, including Athonites as well as clergy and lay leaders, academics and theologians, throughout Greece and the wider Orthodox world, have actually signed their names to these anti-ecumenist statements.

First, these anti-ecumenist statements clearly are not directed against dialogue with anybody.

Patriarch Bartholomew opts to not dialogue with members of his own constituency who are alienated by his approach to syncretist ecumenism but instead, subjects them to sustained invective

Patriarch Bartholomew's targets appear to be his own sons and daughters, canonically-speaking.

They do not appear in fact to be attacking his ecumenist program because it involves dialogue.

That this group of traditionally-minded people - who clearly reject ecumenism - find themselves targeted by Patriarch Bartholomew enables us to see just how disturbing the ecumenist Patriarchates find this internal opposition, and how forcefully Patriarch Bartholomew has thrown down the gauntlet with respect to the conscientious objection to syncretist ecumenism on the part of a growing body of traditionalists who are willing to see their names publicly associated with a point of view sharply dismissed by the Patriarch of Constantinople.

At least one thing is clear - Patriarch Bartholomew, confronted by the continuing vitality of traditional and therefore anti-ecumenist points of view within the ranks of his own constituency, is now so frustrated that he abandons dialogue, and resorts to extraordinary invective.

Having apparently been forced to forfeit dialogue among his own people so spectacularly, one has to ask if an ecumenist dialogue that has blatantly failed to convince a significant group of those within has much chance of success among those without?

Patriarch Bartholomew, finally, suggests that those who oppose his approach to ecumenism lack love.

This speaking the truth with love [Ephesians 4:14] is of course non-negotiable for true Orthodox Christians.

Truth without love is something other than truth, as love without truth is something other than love.

Each occurs when the other is present; each without the other is something less than itself.

+Bishop Sergios of Loch Lomond

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#468008 Aug 1, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. Why is it then that this "reprobate" can break you down to your lowest common denominator when it comes to rightly diving the word of God?
so funny that you a reprobate should not be able to discern that Living water translates into a Spiritual Experience that you have never had.

and I must agree with Oxbore that the catholics on here know nothing about that Spiritual experience of being baptised either, since IT follows a Born Again Experience

Location hidden

#468009 Aug 1, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly what is your disability? And leave your mental status out of this. We already know that's one of your disabilities.
I have given it many times, no reason to tell you. you could care less.

Location hidden

#468010 Aug 1, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
And only Jesus can give the Living Water, and He gives it freely for asking!
that is right and that is why Tony didn't know that people should be baptized in running(living waters) streams of water.

Location hidden

#468011 Aug 1, 2013
Try number two...

I am telling the world that Anthony is as phony a Christian as a three dollar bill...his "Christian testimony" regards his "salvation" is on the net!!!!!

He copied and pasted it!!!!! Here it is!!!

Are you ready to accept the gift of eternal life that Jesus is offering you right now? Let's review what this commitment involves:

I acknowledge I am a sinner in need of a Savior - this is to repent or turn away from sin

I believe in my heart that God raised Jesus from the dead - this is to trust that Jesus paid the full penalty for my sins

I confess Jesus as my Lord and my God - this is to surrender control of my life to Jesus

I receive Jesus as my Savior forever - this is to accept that God has done for me and in me what He promised

Its on an SBC web site....titled "How to be a Christian"...

I have failed him!!!! I have told him over and over, never tell a lie that can be easily proven a lie...but, evidently, I are not a good teacher...

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#468012 Aug 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>that is right and that is why Tony didn't know that people should be baptized in running(living waters) streams of water.
LOL,LOL. You're showing your ignorance yet again. Basically you're unfamiliar with the LIVING WATER that Christ spoke of when He was talking with the woman at the well huh?

Why don't you keep silent because the less you speak the more intelligent you will appear. It's when you speak that you show your lack of Biblical intellect.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#468013 Aug 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I have given it many times, no reason to tell you. you could care less.
But I do care. Really I do. So tell me what your disability is. I don't think I would qualify for disability if I ever had to apply for disability given my net worth. Are you aware that had you invested a mere 2000 dollars in coca cola stock in the 70's and kept re-investing the dividends, today that Coca Cola stock would be worth over 2 million dollars?

I never knew my parents were worth the amount they were till they died. My father was a very intelligent and crafty man.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#468015 Aug 1, 2013
who="Oxbow"
You are back to your favorite way of dealing with truth from Scripture...cut and run....you should have been a catlick...that is what they do best...

If you remembered your own post, you might be less 'scolding'.

You said, "Show me ONE thing that Jesus said about baptism."

He ordered His Apostles to baptize all nations. Mt. 28:19

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr TanRestedReady 2,896
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Chess Jurist 119,368
Why are most white people so arrogant? (Apr '10) 2 hr Alexander Chen 1,018
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr Born again past JW 46,221
__POPE's 'World Plan' matches MARK of BEAST__ 4 hr WorldNewsYTube 1
Needs sex with a girl in London (Jan '14) 6 hr Gloriah23 4
____ 666 ____ here ____ now ____ (*News) 6 hr NewsYTube 1
More from around the web