Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,721
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#467496 Jul 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Bishops are in charge of their diocese. They weren't required to report accusations to Rome. They are required to handle issues with priests at the local level. They were required to report Crimen sollicitationis. That was the policy until 2002 when the CDF, under Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, the future pope, demanded the bishops start reporting to the Vatican. No, the HIGHER UP wasn't aware of the scope until then.
You have no idea what you're talking about, all you do is make grand accusations based on emotions, not fact.. If you want to discuss this intelligently, get your facts straight first.
Okay Anthony a serious,question.

Even in the decades when this was,reported ...

If a priest ..celibate in vows....breaks his with a child.

Hides it until its reported ..

If a Bishop transfers him to another parish. Also with children.

Aside from.the danger to other children...are they not also putting
This priest in s near occasion to sin.

And when mire reports came out in dioceses,..did not bishops confer with each other .

I find the idea,that Research from Kinsey or any psychologist who told men of God that this was,NOT a,problem. could be accepted.

Since SEX OUTSIDE OF MARRIAGE ..LET ALONE BY A,PRIEST..
WITH A CHILD could possibly be accepted as having any credibilty

I mean would you believe that ??? Ever ..

It straibs belief..sorry ..snd it was,HIDDEN you say from Rome .

I am of that generation..and I might not have had a name for it

But the whole idea,woukd be and is disgusting.

and would not need a,degree to tell me Kinsey and the shrinks were,fukk of baloney .

Its,SIN ..we all commit them but the Church is responsible for the priests. snd the sins they commit after they are aware of them and send them to be near OTHER CHILDREN.

WOUKD you buy psycho mumbo jumbo about this horrid act .

Woukd you want this man near YOUR CHILDREN ..

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#467497 Jul 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really.
I've confessed with my mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead, as has every faithful Catholic.
Now tell me what else one needs to do?
And....by your own words...you are not saved!!!!

Ro 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

"shalt be saved" does not mean "you are saved" nor "I am saved"....

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#467498 Jul 30, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
And....by your own words...you are not saved!!!!
Ro 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
"shalt be saved" does not mean "you are saved" nor "I am saved"....
Listen Beelzebub,you need to quit your crap.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#467499 Jul 30, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Listen Beelzebub,you need to quit your crap.
Calling Scripture crap is what I expect to hear from you with a reprobate mind...

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#467500 Jul 30, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Calling Scripture crap is what I expect to hear from you with a reprobate mind...
Somehow for some reason I seriously doubt that you even know what the word reprobate means.

Stop using words that are beyond your comprehension level.
truth

Perth, Australia

#467502 Jul 31, 2013
I told you, not ad anything..don't judge on your way.
'it is written'

Tribe against tribe, nation against nation.

Please explain why I am wrong!

Why Graham is wrong..did other tribe is better if they sin?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#467503 Jul 31, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>You do make a most valid point. No one has the authority to tell another soul whether they are saved or not. ONLY GOD has that authority. I may disagree with most of what the RCC teaches and believes but I will NEVER tell any of them that they are not saved. Only God has that authority.
Thanks Tony!! Tell this to Oxbow since his bible only Protestant "puffed up ego" has claimed himself to be the "final authority" on (everyone else) as to whether or not they are saved or not! He is in "desperate" need of disordered "psychological, spiritual and emotional help", well as some form of "deliverance"!!!

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#467504 Jul 31, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm..I dont see you saying anything to the Protestants in here who are denying abuse in your churches and saying they are always prosecuted oric thing the....Baptists who are writing this to do, but they wont. Its easier to close your eyes and wag your fingers at Catholics.
DUST PleASE READ CAREFULLY.

I am sorry for going at the CC ON the molestation and woukd never maje any sick jokes ..ITS NOT FUNNY

WANT to say this ,post following all those names you kept listing
Set me off on a subject I usually avoid because the idea that folks,like the ones I so looked up to as,a child could do such a thing

Really gets me ..the only times,I ever alluded to it in the past is
The unfairness to local people here on Churches closing and being sild
To get miney fir the diocese..The people here love their CHURCHES
And some cannot find churches where they dONT EVEN SPEAK their languages,now.

WE HAVE so many different ethnic groups,with their sad stories stories on our local news

But on the whoke mess I try to avoid it ..becsyse it was stupid nit to put these,bad apples in monasteries..

The idea that ths hierarchy Knew NOTHING ASTOUNDS,ME.

And a whole lot if other cradle Catholics who grew up equating the
POPE with St.Peter as Spiritual Leader of EVERYTHING to do with our Faith..the Idea that such horror was,Kept from Him ..
Is just crazy ..sorry but it is.

So if I was wrong on that I do apologuze..John Paul especially I think of as saintly ..but totally a,leader.

They could hsve gone to him or the others ..WE HAD PICTURES OF PIUS EVERYWHERE..like he was a Saint

.And maybe all those priests WOULD hsve been singing hymns in a mountain abbey someplace instead of hurting children

Can you nit see how this whole thing disgust and disheartens Catholucs and non Catholics alike.

Your posting all thise names as if that majes the whole thing better sonehow ..did set me off
Whats next a Protestant pists priests names?

I said several times they ALL belong in Jail ..every mentor..teacher .ministers or priest .

They all find a way to get close to these biys and then ruin their lives..

I guess,I like most raised in the,Old Church find the idea,even more abhorrent

My GRANDSONS are in Catholic school ..they will not be altar boys.

The idea of some normal looking pervert they may trust touching
them makes me so sick There are,no words for it .

So I usualyy DO NOT discuss,the subject itself .

I do apologize for my anger..I did get carried away .

BuT I stand by the fact that those babies,were,hurt in ways,we can never
Know ..hopefully .

And there WERE those who could have stopped it ..even if there was,no
Word for it at the time ..they stuck those men back into
Places to keep sinning.

And there us no way ANYONE with intelligences coukd think psycologists and Kinseys who said it was,no big deal...NO ONE with a religious mindset ..Who would NoT SEE SEEa priest breaking his vows wifh children as,anything but A HUGE SIN and a crime againat God and nature.

And Dust ..excuses,are what got the CHURCH into this mess

And listung Bad ministers does not make one bit of difference ...
ITS ALL BAD . If I apologized or made excuses for Any of them
I WOULD be the hypocrite you called me

BUT I THINK THEY ALL ARE DEPRAVED regardless of who they are.

And i do understsnd you are defending your Church ..but anyone who does wh a t they did ,that or covers it uo has,NO DEFENSE,

THEY teach our childreN and they have bkackened the modern Church and thst is a shame becsusd I personally feel John Paul responsible for bringing back a,lot of folks and gaining back respect for the CC despite the scandal .and if He truly was,kept in the dark ..well that makes,HIM at least look better ..the others worse gir keeping this good holy man in the dark

Ok take this post as you will ..one wrong does,not excuse another .

They are all wrong ..imo

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#467505 Jul 31, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm..I dont see you saying anything to the Protestants in here who are denying abuse in your churches and saying they are always prosecuted oric thing the....Baptists who are writing this to do, but they wont. Its easier to close your eyes and wag your fingers at Catholics.
DUST PleASE READ CAREFULLY.

I am sorry for going at the CC ON the molestation and woukd never maje any sick jokes ..ITS NOT FUNNY

WANT to say this ,post following all those names you kept listing
Set me off on a subject I usually avoid because the idea that folks,like the ones I so looked up to as,a child could do such a thing

Really gets me ..the only times,I ever alluded to it in the past is
The unfairness to local people here on Churches closing and being sild
To get miney fir the diocese..The people here love their CHURCHES
And some cannot find churches where they dONT EVEN SPEAK their languages,now.

WE HAVE so many different ethnic groups,with their sad stories stories on our local news

But on the whoke mess I try to avoid it ..becsyse it was stupid nit to put these,bad apples in monasteries..

The idea that ths hierarchy Knew NOTHING ASTOUNDS,ME.

And a whole lot if other cradle Catholics who grew up equating the
POPE with St.Peter as Spiritual Leader of EVERYTHING to do with our Faith..the Idea that such horror was,Kept from Him ..
Is just crazy ..sorry but it is.

So if I was wrong on that I do apologuze..John Paul especially I think of as saintly ..but totally a,leader.

They could hsve gone to him or the others ..WE HAD PICTURES OF PIUS EVERYWHERE..like he was a Saint

.And maybe all those priests WOULD hsve been singing hymns in a mountain abbey someplace instead of hurting children

Can you nit see how this whole thing disgust and disheartens Catholucs and non Catholics alike.

Your posting all thise names as if that majes the whole thing better sonehow ..did set me off
Whats next a Protestant pists priests names?

I said several times they ALL belong in Jail ..every mentor..teacher .ministers or priest .

They all find a way to get close to these biys and then ruin their lives..

I guess,I like most raised in the,Old Church find the idea,even more abhorrent

My GRANDSONS are in Catholic school ..they will not be altar boys.

The idea of some normal looking pervert they may trust touching
them makes me so sick There are,no words for it .

So I usualyy DO NOT discuss,the subject itself .

I do apologize for my anger..I did get carried away .

BuT I stand by the fact that those babies,were,hurt in ways,we can never
Know ..hopefully .

And there WERE those who could have stopped it ..even if there was,no
Word for it at the time ..they stuck those men back into
Places to keep sinning.

And there us no way ANYONE with intelligences coukd think psycologists and Kinseys who said it was,no big deal...NO ONE with a religious mindset ..Who would NoT SEE SEEa priest breaking his vows wifh children as,anything but A HUGE SIN and a crime againat God and nature.

And Dust ..excuses,are what got the CHURCH into this mess

And listung Bad ministers does not make one bit of difference ...
ITS ALL BAD . If I apologized or made excuses for Any of them
I WOULD be the hypocrite you called me

BUT I THINK THEY ALL ARE DEPRAVED regardless of who they are.

And i do understsnd you are defending your Church ..but anyone who does wh a t they did ,that or covers it uo has,NO DEFENSE,

THEY teach our childreN and they have blackened the modern Church and that is a shame because I personally feel John Paul responsible for bringing back a,lot of folks and gaining back respect for the CC despite the scandal .and if He truly was,kept in the dark ..well that makes,HIM at least look better ..the others worse gir keeping this good holy man in the dark

Ok take this post as you will ..one wrong does,not excuse another .

They are all wrong ..imo

truth

Perth, Australia

#467506 Jul 31, 2013
I told you why you judge me.

You neglected your Real God.

Did you know that?

no place for your Creator..no

every door is close for your real Creator..

Did you judge your real Creator?

Which Creator you liked now?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#467508 Jul 31, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for proving my words 110& true:
Worth repeating:
Just as I thought....you have no testimony...because you are not saved.
Your cult teaches Christ is the redeemer of the human race...why did He not include you?????!!!!
Hey Oxbow! If I were you, I'd be concerned about "your own" Salvation which has been "suspect" from the very first day that you have been on this forum.
truth

Perth, Australia

#467509 Jul 31, 2013
Suspect about what?
ankh

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#467510 Jul 31, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Mt Zion is Gods most favorite place in the entire universe. We are told in scripture that He is gonna dwell there forever. So what makes misled Christians think God is gonna destroy the earth?
There is a whole lot of erroneous crap being vomited from the mouth of so called Christians who not knowing the scriptures, DO ERR.
er..cough..cough! Cause God said He was going to destroy it. Ever read Revelation?

You think God literally dwells on some mountain top?

"This is what the LORD says: "Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Where is the house you will build for me? Where will my resting place be?"
Dan

Omaha, NE

#467511 Jul 31, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>HERE IS WHAT DAN SAID AND I DISPUTED.
Dan
Wilmington, DE
Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#467237
10 hrs ago
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Of those listed....how many are pedophiles????
All of them, I believe.
OXBORE ASKED DAN A QUESTION AND HE REPLIED ALL OF THEM AND I SHOWED HIM THAT THE THIRD PERSON WAS GUILTY OF PHONE HARESSMENT, not pedophilia, especially since he stated that he had looked at the first five or so. JUST A FILTHY LIAR AS YOU ALSO SHOW THE SAME TRAITS. And I remember your filthy drunk clergy too. FILTHINESS RUNS RAMPANT IN catholicism
At least we aren't "filthy" illiterate.

"Alexander contacted his "victims" and demanded that the girls have explicit phone or Internet sex conversation with him"

"Girls". That's sexual offense against children.

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#467514 Jul 31, 2013
SherylReal wrote:
<quoted text>
er..cough..cough! Cause God said He was going to destroy it. Ever read Revelation?
You think God literally dwells on some mountain top?
"This is what the LORD says: "Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Where is the house you will build for me? Where will my resting place be?"
242 Dates for the end of the world:
http://www.bible.ca/pre-date-setters.htm

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#467515 Jul 31, 2013
SherylReal wrote:
<quoted text>
er..cough..cough! Cause God said He was going to destroy it. Ever read Revelation?
You think God literally dwells on some mountain top?
"This is what the LORD says: "Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Where is the house you will build for me? Where will my resting place be?"
Library of Date setters for end of the world!

44
Theudas declared himself the Messiah, taking 400 people with him into the desert. T beheaded by Roman soldiers. Josephus records this.

53
Even before all the books of the Bible were written, there was talk that Christ's return had already taken place. The Thessalonians panicked on Paul, when they heard a rumor that the day of the Lord was at hand, and they had missed the rapture.

80
Ben Zakkai died about 80, and expected the Messiah about the time of his death

100 -200
Rabbi Eliezer ben Hyrcanus (1-2 Cent) thought the days of the Messiah would last 40 years. Before Bar Kochba the Mess. age was short; longer afterward

130
Rabbi Jose, the Galilean, a contemporary of Hyrcanus and Azariah, thought the Messiah would come in three generations (60 years), after the destruction; namely 130 (Luther Martin, Date Setters, Guardian of Truth, Sept. 15, 1994)

381
Return of Christ; Tichonus a writer of the 4th Cent (Luther Martin, Date Setters, Guardian of Truth, Sept. 15, 1994)

400
Hippolytus "calculated that 5,500 years separated Adam and Christ and that the life of the world was 6,000 six full 'days' of years until the seventh the day of rest." His calculations in 234 indicted there were still two centuries left.(from A History of the End of the World, Rubinsky and Wiseman, 1982)

400
Rabbi Dosa (2-3rd Century) said the Messiah would come at the end of 400 years. This was based (?) on Gen. 15:13 (Luther Martin, Date Setters, Guardian of Truth, Sept. 15, 1994)

435
Messiah comes; Rabbi Judah ha-Nasi (135-220) believed Messiah would come 365 years after Temple destroyed in 70 (Luther Martin, Date Setters, Guardian of Truth, Sept. 15, 1994)

470
Messiah would come; Rabbi Hanina (3rd C), though Messiah would come 400 years after Temple Destruction.(Luther Martin, Date Setters, Guardian of Truth, Sept. 15, 1994)

http://www.bible.ca/pre-date-setters.htm

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#467516 Jul 31, 2013
SherylReal wrote:
<quoted text>
er..cough..cough! Cause God said He was going to destroy it. Ever read Revelation?
You think God literally dwells on some mountain top?
"This is what the LORD says: "Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Where is the house you will build for me? Where will my resting place be?"
Library of Date setters for end of the world!
http://www.bible.ca/pre-date-setters.htm

950

Acrostic on the end of the world, predecessor of Celano's "Dies irae," found in a ms. from Aniane

950
"Treatise on the Antichrist" by Adso of Montier-en-Der, c.950, a response to a variety of crises at mid-century that provoked widespread apocalyptic disquiet, and rapidly become a central text in the European eschatological literature (ed. by Verhelst, CCSL, Cont. med. aeui 40; study in the context of 1000, by Verhelst, "Adso van Montier-en-Der en de angst voor het jaar Duizend," Tijdschrift voor Geschiedenis, 90 (1977), 1-10); and C. Carozzi, La fin des temps: Terreurs et prophéties au Moyen Age (Paris: Stock, 1982), pp.186-94. See below #.

950-80:
Letter on the Hungarians that speaks of widespread apocalyptic reactions among the population,

950
In A.D. 950 Adso of Montier-en-Der wrote a "Treatise on the Antichrist" which was a response to a number of mid-century crises that had provoked widespread alarm and fear of an end-time apocalypse. Five years later, Abbo of Fleury heard a preacher in Paris who announced that the Antichrist would be unleashed in the year 1000 and that the Last Judgment would soon follow. At about the same time a panic occurred in the German army of Emperor Otto I because of a solar eclipse that the soldiers mistook as a sign of the end of the world. And when the last Carolingian dynasty fell with the death of King Louis V in 987, many saw this event as a precursor to the arrival of the Antichrist. King Otto II of Germany had Charlemagne's body exhumed on Pentecost in the year 1000 supposedly in order to forestall the apocalypse. Both Halley's comet in A.D. 989 and a super nova in A.D. 1006 were interpreted as signs of the end. About the same time, the Moslem caliph, Al Hakim, destroyed the Holy Sepulcher in Jerusalem prompting apocalyptic fear in the west as well as violent anti-Jewish outbursts.

964:
"Dum saeculum transit finis mundi appropinquat..." [As the saeculum (century?) passes, the end of the world approaches.] Cartulaire de Saint-Jouin-de-Marnes, pp.1, 11, 17.

965:
Abbo hears a preacher in Paris announcing the unleashing of Antichrist for 1000 AD and the Last Judgment for shortly thereafter

968:
Panic in Otto's army at an eclipse the soldiers took to portend the end of the world (Gesta episcoporum Leodensium, MGH SS IX, p.202).

968-9:
Annalists note in the margin of Easter tables:&#12288;mille anni a nativitate Christi, based on a "misreading" of the base year in the Easter Tables as Anno passionis. Three years earlier unusual events with apocalyptic tonality (fire from heaven, release of demons) occur.

983-4:
Abbo redates the year 1000 four years into the past (true AD 1000 = Dionysus' 979) using the apocalyptic beliefs above

987-91:
The last Carolingian dynasty (the final hindrance to the arrival of Antichrist according to Adso) falls; the capture of the last potential ruler occurs under most dastardly cirumstances. Southern charters begin to date AD, with Christ reigning, a traditional interregnal formula with apocalyptic antecedants (Kantarowicz, The King's Two Bodies, p.).

989, August:
Halley's Comet appears, cited in Annales divionenses, MGH SS V, p. ; and Annales Quedlinburgenses MGH SS III, p.68; Thietmar of Mersebourg, Chronicon IV, 10; (also Glaber III, 3? acc. to France, p.110-11, and n.4, but see below under 1006,#29); P. Moore and J. Mason, The Return of Halley's Comet (Cambridge, 1984), p.46)

Shall I list the rest?
youtubeNews

AOL

#467517 Jul 31, 2013
.

ISRAEL to give POPE "Custody" of Temple Mount --

http://youtu.be/Qt9kEQB4ti8


.
Clay

United States

#467518 Jul 31, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Professional cover-up liar who headed the Roman Catholic clowns....
Joseph Ratzinger or as the Roman Catholic affectionately call him....
Pope Benedict XVI
The molestation promoter and criminal who allowed the rape of little boys.
THE LEADER OF THE "ROMAN CATHOLIC CLOWNS"
Statements like this one above, remind me that I'm in the right Church.
I see how you guys blow up this topic and use biased non- credible slander in order trash the Catholic Church. I see how the Media always takes an ALLEGED incident and throws it on the front page because they know bigots like you are waiting to gobble it up and spread it around the world as fact.
As a Catholic- being in the very Church that Jesus Christ started- I expect nothing less than this sorta treatment.
Our Lord forewarned us:
"Remember what I have told you,'a servant is not greater than his master'. If they persecuted me, they will persecute you"

Dealing with slander, deception and hate-filled propaganda comes with the territory of being Catholic. We embrace the challenge of dealing with it, because it brings us that much closer to the Lord.

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#467519 Jul 31, 2013
I posted on many threads KY has a civil union law. That Was wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Stilgar Fifrawi 750,769
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min Dr_Zorderz 261,686
BOSCH Tarabya SERVIS 299.15.34 Bosch TARABYA S... 9 min hangrup 1
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min Adam 230,021
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 16 min ChromiuMan 5,469
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 25 min Epiphany2 602,186
Amish culture is a cult and american favorite 31 min dirty white boy- 2
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 4 hr top 1,071

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE