Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683740 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#467689 Jul 31, 2013
marge wrote:
what happened in the past happened:)
Such wisdom!!! What will happen in the future will happen!!!!! Golly gee!!!!!!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#467690 Jul 31, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
Mount Athos is situated a remote peninsula in northern Greece.
Millions believe to be the most sacred spot on Earth.It is completely dedicated to prayer and worship of God.
Prayers have been offered there every day, with no interruption, for more than a thousand years.
It was set aside by ancient emperors to be the spiritual capital of Orthodox Christianity and has probably changed less over the centuries than any other inhabited place on the planet
Today Athos includes 20 monasteries, 12 skites, and about 700 houses, cells, or hermitages. Over 1,000 monks live there in communities or alone, as well as in the 'desert' of Karoulia where cells cling to the cliff face rising steeply above the sea
Some of the 20 monasteries on Mount Athos look like medieval fortresses, others are so large they resemble small cities. They rise from virgin forests and line the coast, shrouded in mist. There's nothing on this 130-square mile peninsula other than monasteries and monks. Nothing.
The silence is only broken by the occasional tapping on a chiseled piece of chestnut. It is a call to prayer and started being used here before there were bells.
"The monks here have one goal, and that is how they can get closer to God," Father Serapion explained
It's a Spartan way of life, but all the monks we talked to said they never want to leave, not even for a day, so they try to be self sufficient - they grow their own fruit and vegetables, and do their own tailoring.
They eat two meals a day. The "first meal" lasts 10 minutes; the "second meal" also lasts 10 minutes. There's no meat and no dinner table conversation - the only sound is a monk reading from sacred texts
We were surprised by how busy the monks are - when they're not praying, they're working.And when they are working continue praying. When you look at monks, you can see that their lips never stop moving. Not for a second.
Every day at three in the morning a single bell rings, informing the brothers that it's time to stop praying on their own, and start praying in church.
On a typical day - and every day is a typical day - the services last eight hours.
The monks say it's an eight hour conversation with God, a dress rehearsal for eternity. And remember: this doesn't only happen on Sundays - it happens every day, 365 days a year. A monk never gets a day off.
Every monk will tell you the sole purpose of life on Mount Athos is to get closer to Christ every day. And they say total union with Christ is only possible when they leave this world.
"The first thing a monk does is embrace and love death," Father Serapion told Simon. "Because death is the ticket to the other life. And without a ticket, you can't travel."
"Where do you get the ticket?" Simon asked.
"Here, in this life. That's what we do each day, we prepare for death - but with joy. We are joyful about our journey to heaven," he replied.
Look for the place to click for the video:
60 minutes Mt Athos http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18560_162-2005610...
Awww. That's really sad.

http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Matthew-6...

Location hidden

#467691 Jul 31, 2013
I am telling the world that Anthony is as phony a Christian as a three dollar bill...his "Christian testimony" regards his "salvation" is on the net!!!!!

He copied and pasted it!!!!! Here it is!!!

Are you ready to accept the gift of eternal life that Jesus is offering you right now? Let's review what this commitment involves:

I acknowledge I am a sinner in need of a Savior - this is to repent or turn away from sin

I believe in my heart that God raised Jesus from the dead - this is to trust that Jesus paid the full penalty for my sins

I confess Jesus as my Lord and my God - this is to surrender control of my life to Jesus

I receive Jesus as my Savior forever - this is to accept that God has done for me and in me what He promised

Its on an SBC web site....titled "How to be a Christian"...

I have failed him!!!! I have told him over and over, never tell a lie that can be easily proven a lie...but, evidently, I are not a good teacher...

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#467692 Aug 1, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>That may be but I'm still smarter than you. Now answer the question. Where is that Throne today or are you implying that God lied when He stated that there would never cease to be someone sitting on that throne till he whose right to possess that throne came and took it.
I bet my next paycheck you have no idea where that throne is today.
my wife has a Masters in Nursing and she isn't smarter tan I am so what makes you think that an LPN such as yourself is smarter?

Location hidden

#467693 Aug 1, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Trying the spirits. If God promised that there would never fail to be a man to sit on the throne of David till He whose right it be to come and take it,WHERE IS THAT THRONE TODAY? It's NOT in Israel the small nation in the ME.
Is there any Christian here that knows where this throne exists today. I seriously doubt it. Either the throne is no longer in existence with someone sitting on it or God lied. Considering that it is IMPOSSIBLE for God to lie,I present to you that the throne of Davis is still in existence today with a descendant of David still on that throne. WHERE IS IT?
there was a prophecy on that saying but it was conditional and Israel never lived up to its side of the conditions.

1 Kings 2:4

and that the LORD may keep his promise to me:'If your descendants watch how they live, and if they walk faithfully before me with all their heart and soul, you will never fail to have a successor on the throne of Israel.'

therefore, this Prophecy will not be complete until Jesus Comes back,

UNLESS YOU THINK IT IS IN a. murray's TV STUDIO, WHICH YOU ARE DUMB ENOUGH TO BELEIVE THAT IF HE SAID IT.LOL

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#467694 Aug 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>my wife has a Masters in Nursing and she isn't smarter tan I am so what makes you think that an LPN such as yourself is smarter?
You're fond of basking in the non-existant rays of your own intelligence ain't cha?

Heck man,even God isn't as "smart" as you are,LOL,LOL. What was I thinking when I said I was smarter than you are so I take it back.

Location hidden

#467695 Aug 1, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Have to say they both confuse me so much ...esp Tony
With his SATAN seed ...etc ..I gave up trying
tony has been brainwashed by murray and Oxbore has been swayed by everything that satan tells him

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#467696 Aug 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>there was a prophecy on that saying but it was conditional and Israel never lived up to its side of the conditions.
and that the LORD may keep his promise to me:'If your descendants watch how they live, and if they walk faithfully before me with all their heart and soul, you will never fail to have a successor on the throne of Israel.'
UNLESS YOU THINK IT IS IN a. murray's TV STUDIO, WHICH YOU ARE DUMB ENOUGH TO BELEIVE THAT IF HE SAID IT.LOL
Just let it go baby. No need giving yourself a headache trying to go to the level and depth that God has allowed me to go to in His word. You will only confuse yourself even more than you already are.

Do you know we can even trace that ancestry all the way back to David himself. Yep, we sho can.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#467697 Aug 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>there was a prophecy on that saying but it was conditional and Israel never lived up to its side of the conditions.
And stop reading crap you found on the internet that is so easy to dupe the brain dead such as yourself. Find A REAL TEACHER of Gods word and stop repeating crap from the internet put there by men that are even more Biblically illiterate than you are.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#467698 Aug 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>tony has been brainwashed by murray and Oxbore has been swayed by everything that satan tells him
But I make you weaker than water don't I,lol?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#467699 Aug 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>tony has been brainwashed by murray and Oxbore has been swayed by everything that satan tells him
And are you this "Anthony" that Oxbow says is a phony Christian?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#467700 Aug 1, 2013
Allow me to tweak your interest about the Royal family of England and the Davidic bloodline.

http://asis.com/users/stag/royalty.html
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#467701 Aug 1, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Born again Christian will stand on ever roof top and declare their testimony...you ain't got a testimony...because you ain't saved...
Christ did not build a denomination...which is what your cult is...your poop approve bible says so....
You (continue) to have "absolutely no idea" as to what you are talking about Oxbow, comes as no surprise to ANY of us Catholics who know the TRUTH of the Bible and the TRUTH of Our eternal Salvation with Jesus Christ, in and through HIS One True Catholic Church......... I have dealt with and listen to "judgmental "bible only "half-truth, half-heresy (so-called born-again Christians) like you for over 35 years as a former Protestant, who "flip-flop", quote and mis-interpret bible verse to their own "demise and destruction"!.... Jesus established, formed, authenticated, and built a Universal "Church" in Matthew 16.....Translated from the Aramaic,(which was the language spoken in Jesus' time) to the Greek (ecclesia)---The Church was heirarchical, authoritative and visible, confirmed in Acts 2 with Bishops, priests, elders and deacons, clearly verified in ALL of the Early Churches beginning with Antioch, then Corinth, then Ephesus, then Philippi, then Thessalonica, Collusus and on and on for Centuries. Paul (re-confirms, substantiates and verifies this in I Timothy 3:15 when he calls THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) as the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH.......Oxbow!!! You continue to "blow (nothing) but "hot air" every time you make a comment with this "fictitious "bible only" 18th century Protestant (man-made) religious beliefs of yours....... Sola Scriptura was "never believed by ANYONE until the 18th century and it is nothing but a contradicting, "personal opinionated" and editorialized (half-truth, half-heresy) anti-catholic Christianity, that has "no basis" of ANY biblical or historical truth to back up ANY of this beliefs.... More than 42,000 inconsistent and conflicting Protestant denominations, "debunk, prove and refute" this anti-catholic hodge-podge of "bible quoting" emotion, confusion and chaos!! The TRUTH of TRUE biblical and historical TRUTH, has, is and will ALWAYS BE grounded, authenticated and proven to be in Jesus Christ,(in and through) HIS (on and only) One True Apostolic Catholic Church.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#467702 Aug 1, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Born again Christian will stand on ever roof top and declare their testimony...you ain't got a testimony...because you ain't saved...
Christ did not build a denomination...which is what your cult is...your poop approve bible says so....
Born again (half-truth, half-heresy) Christians like you, will stand on every roof top and blow "bible only" smoke, using a "bunch of mis-interpreted bible verses" ----yelling "saved, saved, saved" judging the faith of EVERYONE ELSE--claiming---you ain't saved, you ain't saved, you ain't saved---- your going to hell, hell, hell!! This is nothing but a "bunch of 18th century modernistic bible only BS ,thrown around by bible verse "gun-slinging" anti-catholic preachers and so-called christians who have DILLUSIONALLY AND EGOSTICALLY "appointed themselves" as the "final authority" as to who is a Christian and who is not---who is going to heaven and who is not, and who is saved and who is not---THUS RELIEVING GOD of HIS Responsibility... People such as this need to seek "psychological, emotional and mental help, for their sick, sick, sickness!!
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

#467703 Aug 1, 2013
Thanks allot Protestants! This is what you've done to the Holy Sacrament of Marriage.
Minneapolis Mayor, Rybek, is going to perform 42 same sex marriages in 6 hrs today.

Even if this were a straight couple ceremony... that's one marriage every 8 minutes. You MIGHT have enough time for one prayer.
Ironically, almost everyone participating in this today, will identify themselves as a Christian (statistically speaking). Protestantism opened the door for anyone to design their own Christianity- and be saved in the process. You've destroyed every sacrament the Apostles have given us, beginning with Baptism. Marriage is not a sacred union anymore because of you guys.
I can't imagine what the next generation of Protesters will protest.
youtubeNews

AOL

#467704 Aug 1, 2013

ISRAEL to give POPE "Custody" of Temple Mount --

http://youtu.be/Qt9kEQB4ti8

hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#467706 Aug 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
Thanks allot Protestants! This is what you've done to the Holy Sacrament of Marriage.
Minneapolis Mayor, Rybek, is going to perform 42 same sex marriages in 6 hrs today.
Even if this were a straight couple ceremony... that's one marriage every 8 minutes. You MIGHT have enough time for one prayer.
Ironically, almost everyone participating in this today, will identify themselves as a Christian (statistically speaking). Protestantism opened the door for anyone to design their own Christianity- and be saved in the process. You've destroyed every sacrament the Apostles have given us, beginning with Baptism. Marriage is not a sacred union anymore because of you guys.
I can't imagine what the next generation of Protesters will protest.
Whichever way the next (gust) of "political wind" happens to blow, will be the next revision or the next re-interpretation of the bible that the Protestant "fundies" will manipulate, in order to keep up with the "politically correct" secular humanistic movement in the U.S.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#467708 Aug 1, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You too, would probably be causing "spiritual suicide" everytime you rebuke what Jesus taught.
Not very nice when you receive what you dish out, huh?
Live in love - you'll be a better person for it.
~~~

If it means BEING AN UNBELIEVING INFIDEL such as you are...

I'LL PASS...

When it comes to having any understanding of the continuity of God's word.

YOU have proven yourself to be, terribly inadequate..
Michael

Canada

#467709 Aug 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>my wife has a Masters in Nursing and she isn't smarter tan I am so what makes you think that an LPN such as yourself is smarter?
cowboy says..........my wife has a Masters in Nursing and she isn't smarter tan I am.

Michael says...If you can't spell the word "THAN" (tan) then your wife is smarter than you and is probably the real bread winner of the family.

Michael

Canada

#467710 Aug 1, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
If it means BEING AN UNBELIEVING INFIDEL such as you are...
I'LL PASS...
When it comes to having any understanding of the continuity of God's word.
YOU have proven yourself to be, terribly inadequate..
Anyone who makes their living like you do selling God, of course you are going to say good things and not bite the hand that feeds you and your family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min River Tam 15,985
Looking for girls to snapchat 36 min aldenmorgan737 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Tony 6,415
So how exactly did O.J. Simpson pull off a doub... 2 hr Remember 94 95 13
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr David S Pumpkins 286,522
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Aerobatty 983,116
I'm very saddened by Kryie wanting away from Le... 4 hr Doctor REALITY 2
More from around the web