Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Jul 10, 2007 Read more: CBC News 582,649
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more
Dan

Omaha, NE

#467257 Jul 30, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
It says 'reprobate mind'. It's OK to have a reprobate mind???
No.

God made people who are homosexual. That orientation is not "reprobate" nor are those who possess that orientation.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#467258 Jul 30, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Burning people at the stake was never part of Catholic dogma nor doctrine.
But it was done ..And the perpetrators,..Not excommunicated ?

The monarchs..the clergy . How about Queen Mary ..excommunicated??

The Spanish monarchy

Others in the offices charged with r outing out so called heresy by Jews or non Catholics

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inquisition

And not vouching in full for this site ..But it's nit religious

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_apologi...

And yes,I know the English church persecuted also.

It else there would HAVE been no settlers looking fir religious freedom
From both Rome and the King

I'm asking ..if it was nit doctrine or dogma,..we're all I r any who killed people in the Name of the CATHOLIC CHURCH
Excommunicated..
truth

Perth, Australia

#467259 Jul 30, 2013
above self..please explain
I never say I am bigger then God.

Don't cry when i died.

byyyyyyyyy
Cracker

Tempe, AZ

#467260 Jul 30, 2013
truth wrote:
please tell me
Cracker why you notice that number.
n
Please tell me truth what number are you speaking of?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#467261 Jul 30, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
But it was done ..And the perpetrators,..Not excommunicated ?
The monarchs..the clergy . How about Queen Mary ..excommunicated??
The Spanish monarchy
Others in the offices charged with r outing out so called heresy by Jews or non Catholics
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inquisition
And not vouching in full for this site ..But it's nit religious
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_apologi...
And yes,I know the English church persecuted also.
It else there would HAVE been no settlers looking fir religious freedom
From both Rome and the King
I'm asking ..if it was nit doctrine or dogma,..we're all I r any who killed people in the Name of the CATHOLIC CHURCH
Excommunicated..
People who commit crimes or offenses against humanity are not automatically excommunicated, Ro.

Church teaching never required killing anyone. Did people do it? Yes, but not in accord with Church doctrine or dogma. They rationalized their actions via the Church. Bad actors.

Cracker

Tempe, AZ

#467262 Jul 30, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
SPECIAL ..INVENTIONS OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...
please provide
BOOK CHAPTER AND VERSES FROM THE BIBLE TO VALIDATE THE TEACHINGS BELOW...
ROMAN CATHOLIC INVENTIONS
1. Presbyters first called priests by Lucian 2nd c.
2. Sacerdotal mass instituted by Cyprian 3rd c.
3. Prayers for the dead A.D. 300
4. Making the sign of the cross A.D. 300
5. Wax candles A.D. 320
6. Veneration of angels, dead saints, and images A.D. 375
7. Mass became a daily ritual A.D. 394
8. Beginning of exaltation of Mary, term "Mother of God"
first applied to her by Council of Ephesus A.D. 431
9. Priests began to wear special clothing A.D. 500
10. Extreme Unction (Rite of Healing) A.D. 526
11. The doctrine of Purgatory by Gregory I A.D. 593
12. Latin used in worship A.D. 600
13. Prayers offered to Mary, dead saints and angels A.D. 600
14. First man to be proclaimed Pope (Boniface III) A.D. 610
15. Kissing the Pope's feet A.D. 709
16. Temporal power of Popes, conferred by Pepon, King of the Franks A.D. 750
17. Veneration of cross, images, relics authorized A.D. 786
18. Holy water, mixed with pinch of salt, chrism, and blessed by a priest A.D.
19. Veneration of St. Joseph A.D. 890
20. College of Cardinals begun A.D. 927
21. Baptism of bells instituted by Pope John XIII A.D. 965
22. Canonization of dead saints by Pope John XV A.D. 995
23. Fasting on Fridays and Lent A.D. 998
24. The Mass developed gradually as a sacrifice, attendance made obligatory 11th
c.
25. Celibacy of priests declared A.D. 1079
26. Rosary adopted (pagan) by Peter the Hermit A.D. 1090
27. The Inquisition instituted by Council of Verona A.D. 1184
28. Sale of indulgences A.D. 1190
29. Seven Sacraments, defined by Peter Lombard 12th c.
30. Transubstantiation, defined by Innocent III A.D. 1215
31. Auricular confession (Rite of reconciliation) of sins to a priest instead of
God, instituted by Innocent III A.D. 1215
32. Adoration of the wafer (called the Host), decreed by Pope Honorius III A.D.
33. Scapular invented by Simon Stock of England A.D. 1251
34. The cup forbidden to the laity at communion by Council of Constance A.D.
35. Purgatory proclaimed as a dogma by the Council of Florence in A.D. 1439
36. Tradition declared of equal authority with the Bible by the Council of Trent
A.D. 1545
37. Apocryphal books are added to the Bible by the Council of Trent A.D. 1546
38. Creed of Pope Pius IV imposed as the official creed in place of the original
Apostolic Creed A.D. 1560
39. Immaculate Conception of Mary (not virgin birth) proclaimed by Pope Pius IX
A.D. 1854
40. Syllabus of Errors proclaimed by Pope Pius IX and ratified by the Vatican
Council; condemned freedom of religion, conscience, speech, press and scientific
discoveries which are disapproved by the Roman Church; asserted the Pope's
temporal authority over all civil rulers A.D. 1864
41. Infallibility of the Pope in matters of faith and morals proclaimed by the
Vatican Council A.D. 1870
42. Assumption of Mary proclaimed by Pius XII A.D. 1950
43. Mary proclaimed the "Mother of the Church" by Pope Paul VI
~~~~
IF YOU CAN NOT PRODUCE VALIDATIONS FOR THE ABOVE CONJECTURE
FROM THE WORD OF GOD...
THEY ARE OF NO EARTHLY OR HEAVENLY VALUE TO
THE SALVATION OF AN ETERNAL SOUL,.....
AND THEY ARE ALL A PART OF THE DEVILS CARNAL PLAN
TO DECEIVE AND CONSIGN SOULS TO HELL
Another Roman Catholic invention: Church sex scandal.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#467263 Jul 30, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
.....which again hinges upon their actions.
No contradiction.
There is no "which" at the end of: God has not changed His view of them: Ro 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#467264 Jul 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:

That is WHY I post those scriptures to you. To show you that by not killing others as the god commanded ... YOU are committing blasphemy AGAINST the god.
How does that grab you?
Religion is BUNK!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed.(Leviticus 20:9)
If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die.(Leviticus 20:10).
If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death.(Leviticus 20:11)
If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death.(Leviticus 20:14)
If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed.(Leviticus 20:15-16).
If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)
Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death.(Leviticus 20:27)
If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake.(Leviticus 21:9)
People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)
Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community.(Leviticus 24:14-16)
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Posting Scripture is not an act of blasphemy...your true colors are showing....
True - posting words is not blasphemy.

I'm not sure anything that has been written in this forum is blasphemy.

I am sure that many people who claim the Bible is "true" have failed in that regard, when the "laws" that June and others have posted, show otherwise.

So, with your limited response, addressing only one point and not even the point mentioned by the poster, shows how you are lacking in credible responses or any response related to blasphemy.

When you and your other co-religionists can start being honest with the others in the forum, as well as yourself, maybe then you can begin to see others taking your word as something to chew on.

Right now, you aren't exhibiting anything to show you are being truthful.
truth

Perth, Australia

#467265 Jul 30, 2013
No
God is Merciful.
As well God don't need my teaching..no.

God don't liked us.

Only who have super mind with great pride.

We don't have that mind..no.

Location hidden

#467266 Jul 30, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
God made people who are homosexual. That orientation is not "reprobate" nor are those who possess that orientation.
God created Adam and Eve...A man and a woman...there is no "homosexual" gender. There are heterosexuals who, by their choice, perform sexual deviate acts...that is whom God gave up to a reprobate mine.....

Albuquerque, NM

#467267 Jul 30, 2013
Oxbow wrote:

God has not changed His view of them: Ro 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
.....which again hinges upon their actions.
No contradiction.
Actions depend upon a person to complete them.

Self.

Location hidden

#467268 Jul 30, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I clicked the first 5 links to each individuals situation and all dealt with some form of sexual offense against children.
The site dealt with SBC predators.
Does "pedophile" appear in the reports??

Albuquerque, NM

#467269 Jul 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Doctrine or dogma ... whatever title you want to put on it ... can and was changed.
Catholics and Protestant can no longer burn those they called heretics or witches at the stake.
Somebody changed the doctrines or the dogmas ... and that was because Catholics and Protestants were finally forbidden by others to rule over religion and government at the same time as once was their lot.
There is not a question in my mind that if they could still burn others to death ... it would be business as usual.
I wonder what changed the mind of religionists to show them that they cannot just burn people to death anymore.

I betcha that they were bummed out - just a wee bit!

:o)

So Catholics and Prtestants, why are we not still seeing people burned and tortured anymore? Did your religion change its view on heresy?
Cracker

Tempe, AZ

#467270 Jul 30, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
ALL OF THE ABOVE INVENTIONS BY THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH AMD MORE
WERE SET FORTH TO REPLACE..
GOD'S SIMPLE PLAN OF SALVATION...WHICH IS
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Act_16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Does that mean that NONE of these poor folks believed?

All those victims of Mao tse tung , Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, and other mass exterminators with victims numbering in the millions, why weren't they "saved"?

Where oh where was their "salvation"?

Dan

Omaha, NE

#467271 Jul 30, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
REGINA
YOU left before commenting 're the CATECHISM
Oh I trust the woman who gave me the the CatHOLIC site as she teaches,Catholic religious education education as bible study and now will teach CCD classes,at the Catholic school...
Again the ,site,
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/adam-eve-and-e...
..But didn't even look for the imprimatur as she said it was there,....But guess what. IT SAYS NIHIL OBSTAT
And I just FOUND MY Baltimore Catechism
Man is a creature composed of body and soul and made in the image and likeness,of God
No evolving out of other creatures,is mentioned
at all
http://catecheticsonline.com/...
NO EVOLUTION FROM OTHER FORMS,OF BIOLOGICAL.LIFE ..
I can read AND REMEMBER JUST FINE .
AND if I get forgetful ..J have a few bibles
..plus those online. all versions
The only religious source that says,anything about DEVELOOING FROM OTHER BIOLOGICAL BEINGS,...the CATHOLIC SITE with Imprimatur
And a couple from on here
But see I went to an actual Catholic teacher because I thought Clay was mistaken..But guess he was right.
Truth is truth Regina,..it does NOT CHANGE if it's,scriptural
GOD CREATED ADAM and greater Life into him.....he did NOT evolve
From your source:

"As the Catechism puts it, "Methodical research in all branches of knowledge, provided it is carried out in a truly scientific manner and does not override moral laws, can never conflict with the faith, because the things of the world and the things the of the faith derive from the same God. The humble and persevering investigator of the secrets of nature is being led, as it were, by the hand of God in spite of himself, for it is God, the conserver of all things, who made them what they are" (CCC 159). The Catholic Church has no fear of science or scientific discovery."

Albuquerque, NM

#467272 Jul 30, 2013
Let's recap - as you seem to be losing focus again.

June VanDerMark wrote:

I don't follow your teaching that self is the answer ... as self might perceive it's self as brilliant ... yet be totally loony tunes.

New Age wrote:
No problem, you aren't required to.

So what would you attribute to arriving at an answer?

Since you don't believe in the Self, then please remove "free will" from the list of answers, or any other aspect of your character that has to do with free will.

Thanks!
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer to WHAT???
There is no cure for human stupidity.
Intellect can't reach beyond it's self.
People keep fighting over whose god is real and whose is false ... when there is not a shred of proof that the universe was created ... period.
Yet they kill each other over who will receive the love.
If you can find any smarts in that scenario of self ... your self will indeed be a miracle worker.
"Answer to WHAT??"
- Your statement to me involves a conclusion you made. How did you come to that conclusion?

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#467273 Jul 30, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
June, I'm sure you mean well ;) but that is neither doctrine nor dogma. As I said, it cannot be changed.
You can say what you will about doctrine or dogma, but it was the words in the bible that they were following.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed.(Leviticus 20:9)

If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die.(Leviticus 20:10).

If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death.(Leviticus 20:11)

If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death.(Leviticus 20:14)

If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed.(Leviticus 20:15-16).

If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)

Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death.(Leviticus 20:27)

If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake.(Leviticus 21:9)

People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)

Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community.(Leviticus 24:14-16)
Cracker

Tempe, AZ

#467274 Jul 30, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Please cite where the Pope condones homosexual acts.
Thanks
"WHO AM I TO JUDGE" said the pope yesterday. How convenient in this time of changing societal values to follow the mainstream and ignore previous church teachings.

Like I said earlier, membership in the church is falling,(i.e. donations), so you have to go with the flow during these times to survive.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#467275 Jul 30, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Does "pedophile" appear in the reports??
The term "child sexual abuse" occurs on the site so frequently as to lose count.

Assuming the SBC doesn't ordain children to the ministry, we can conclude that we're dealing with pedophiles.

How's that shoe tasting?

Location hidden

#467276 Jul 30, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have "no intention" of playing your (once saved-always saved) bible only Protestant "game" of questions and more questions. The only reason you came on this forum Oxbow is "for one purpose" and one purpose ONLY!! To attack, condemn and rip" Jesus Christ and 2000 years of His historically and biblically PROVEN One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church. I have seen how you "fundies" (con) Anthony, Clay, Regina and other Catholics into your "Protestant (anti-catholic) "loaded question" game using a "bunch" of mis-interpreted (personal opinionated bible verse (answers) to spread your "false and distorted" anti-catholic rif-raf on nonsense!! Go ask your questions to the rest of your 42,000 contradicting and inconsistent other bible only "fundies" and argue, debate and rip each others "relative truth" beliefs.... I/we as Catholics will "continue" to remain with the AUTHORITATIVE and PROVEN TRUTH, believing, worshipping and adhering to the TRUTH of Jesus Christ's One True Catholic Church at Daily Mass, the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible, the Eucharist (Our Lords TRUE body and blood) and the other Sacraments, as billions and billions of Catholics have done (and are still doing) for over 2000 years. You, my friend, can do what you want!!!
Just as I thought....you have no testimony...because you are not saved.

Your cult teaches Christ is the redeemer of the human race...why did He not include you?????!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Double Fine 825,355
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min Holy Virgin Dr Sh... 611,764
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 13 min dollarsbill 2,990
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 24 min Paul Porter1 183
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 36 min Tigrizon 442,449
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr lovewithin 40,102
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr AN NFL FAN 121,626
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) Fri puspamishra130 190
More from around the web