Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,316
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#467222 Jul 30, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
OK
I stand corrected.
All religions suck.
<quoted text>
:)

Quesnel, Canada

#467223 Jul 30, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>they condemned gay priests/people since it's creation, and now Francis is singing a different tune, I just read an article he washed the feet of two young women on Thursday a ritual that was for men only, since he is the vicar of Christ, he can do this, fore what ever he does is done with the blessing of jesus/god, that's unheard of, yet he did it, he is a smart man, he realizes the churches peril, your running out of priests, so he is slowly getting the church to accept bringing gay priests into the church, then it will be women priests, if you expect the church to survive.
People can see that a god was never guiding the words of anybody in religion ... yet they continue to play the games.

Quesnel, Canada

#467224 Jul 30, 2013
Cracker wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, but was that fig leaf covering up something more sinister? Maybe there wasn't a penis behind the fig leaf.
Must you destroy what little I had left of that image???

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#467225 Jul 30, 2013
Cracker wrote:
<quoted text>Uh, which God are you referring to? Perfect? Says who? Power and wisdom? Power to do what? Wisdom? You might as worship a rock.
And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.

blasphemeth: to vilify; specially, to speak impiously:--(speak) blaspheme(-er,-mously,-my), defame, rail on, revile, speak evil.

I have yet to find an avowed atheist willing, with complete certainty, to seal his fate for all of eternity......would you want to have a go at it?????

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#467226 Jul 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Self!
Darn tootin' it is!

Good for you!

Quesnel, Canada

#467227 Jul 30, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
IF YOU CAN NOT PRODUCE VALIDATIONS FOR THE ABOVE CONJECTURE
FROM THE WORD OF GOD...
THEY ARE OF NO EARTHLY OR HEAVENLY VALUE TO
THE SALVATION OF AN ETERNAL SOUL,.....
AND THEY ARE ALL A PART OF THE DEVILS CARNAL PLAN
TO DECEIVE AND CONSIGN SOULS TO HELL
You are determined to USE that buy-bull to in turn make others feel that if they don't follow the words the way YOU follow them ... hell will be their certain fate.

I hope they see through your scheme.

Quesnel, Canada

#467228 Jul 30, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Darn tootin' it is!
Good for you!
I don't follow your teaching that self is the answer ... as self might perceive it's self as brilliant ... yet be totally loony tunes.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#467229 Jul 30, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>You said doctrine can't be changed but it can and has happened many times in the RCC.
Pope Benedict: In 1981, he settled in Rome when he became Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, one of the most important dicasteries of the Roman Curia.
During that time he helped shape the new view of gays and lesbians by the Catholic Faith. Under John Paul II he helped change the idea of homosexuality from an inherent sin to the ACT being sinful not the person or their state of being.
My partner was catholic and when he died he wanted to be cremated. His family were fairly traditional and some worried that destroying his body by fire would deny him resurrection in the Rapture. They were afraid the church would not allow him to be interred in holy ground. They were not aware that the Church had changed it's stance on cremation. It's amazing to me that it was his desire to be cremated that they feared the church would object to and not the fact that he was gay and my husband (we never married in any open ceremony. We exchanged vows on evening before God).
I am also allowed to be interred next to him even though I am not Catholic.(One of my sisters had converted so that was my way in).
Just wanted to share part of my experience with the RCC and their rules.
None of that is doctrine. Doctrine cannot be changed.

You're not the only one to make that mistake. Every non-Catholic on this forum has done the same and even after they're corrected they come back a few days later and do it all over again. Unfortunately, a lot of Catholics don't know their faith either and are responsible for spreading misinformation, not to mention causing themselves and their families unnecessary angst.

Quesnel, Canada

#467230 Jul 30, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.
blasphemeth: to vilify; specially, to speak impiously:--(speak) blaspheme(-er,-mously,-my), defame, rail on, revile, speak evil.
I have yet to find an avowed atheist willing, with complete certainty, to seal his fate for all of eternity......would you want to have a go at it?????
I can also post scriptures.

Why aren't you obeying the one and only god's commandments???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed.(Leviticus 20:9)

If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die.(Leviticus 20:10).

If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death.(Leviticus 20:11)

If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death.(Leviticus 20:14)

If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed.(Leviticus 20:15-16).

If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)

Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death.(Leviticus 20:27)

If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake.(Leviticus 21:9)

People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)

Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community.(Leviticus 24:14-16)

Location hidden

#467231 Jul 30, 2013
hojo wrote:
. <quoted text>
Hey!!---that is ALL that we ever hear from you "fundies"!! More and more "possiblities"! More and more "personal opinions"! More and more "editorializing" of bible verses!!! More and more "relative truth" Protestant denominations!!! Yes---42,000+ conflicting and contradicting "possibilities" with "no end in sight"!!!
You, evidently, are a saved Catholic...please share with us your testimony....quote Scripture that led you to being saved...your baptizing...

Quesnel, Canada

#467232 Jul 30, 2013
You bible thumpers will not allow the thought to enter your psyches that according to the theology the god created good AND evil.

It's plain that the god commanded you to kill, yet you insist that god loves everybody.

Such idiocy doesn't have to be forever ... but if you insist on hanging onto that bible ... you will play the idiot game until you die.

Quesnel, Canada

#467233 Jul 30, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You, evidently, are a saved Catholic...please share with us your testimony....quote Scripture that led you to being saved...your baptizing...
Are you JEALOUS that those other than the ones in your group might have some of that salvation for their selves???

You silly, silly, greedy people!!!

Location hidden

#467234 Jul 30, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's more than zero.
Came up when I googled "SBC minister sex scandal".
I'm not vouching for the source, just saying that I don't think you looked.
http://stopbaptistpredators.org/scandals/sbc_...
Of those listed....how many are pedophiles????

Quesnel, Canada

#467235 Jul 30, 2013
The very idea that a Jew would come to earth to tell Christians that if they don't follow him they will spend eternity in hell is absolute ludicrous theology. And yet that one word SALVATION drive Christians into right-fighting frenzies.

"I WANT TO BE WITH THOSE WHO ARE SAVED!!!"

Pathetic!

Location hidden

#467236 Jul 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I can also post scriptures.
Why aren't you obeying the one and only god's commandments???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die.(Leviticus 20:10).
If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death.(Leviticus 20:11)
If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death.(Leviticus 20:14)
If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed.(Leviticus 20:15-16).
If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)
If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake.(Leviticus 21:9)
People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)
Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community.(Leviticus 24:14-16)
Posting Scripture is not an act of blasphemy...your true colors are showing....
Dan

Omaha, NE

#467237 Jul 30, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Of those listed....how many are pedophiles????
All of them, I believe.

Quesnel, Canada

#467238 Jul 30, 2013
If people had faith that a god or goddess loved them without any conditions put on that love ... religion would dissipate into thin air ... as there would be no need to fight ... no need to pray ... no need whatsoever.

It's because you DON'T have faith or any belief whatsoever that the god is of the nature of unconditional love that you WORRY and fight over the "love" comparable to jackals growling and biting at each other over the meat of a fresh kill!

Shame on you!

Quesnel, Canada

#467239 Jul 30, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Posting Scripture is not an act of blasphemy...your true colors are showing....
That is WHY I post those scriptures to you. To show you that by not killing others as the god commanded ... YOU are committing blasphemy AGAINST the god.

How does that grab you?

Religion is BUNK!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Location hidden

#467240 Jul 30, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I did, by reading the article.
Last line is especially instructive.
"If someone is gay and he searches for the Lord and has goodwill, who am I to judge? the pontiff said in remarks that Vatican reporters saw as the most conciliatory on the issue of gay priests expressed by any pope. In line with Church teaching, Francis said gays should not be judged or marginalised but integrated into society, while maintaining that homosexual acts are a sin."
God has not changed His view of them: Ro 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Location hidden

#467241 Jul 30, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
All of them, I believe.
And I believe you stuck your foot in your mouth...again....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Dally Mama 774,920
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 16 min WildWeirdWillie 175,596
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 39 min Epiphany2 604,955
Moses never existed 48 min KiMare 744
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 55 min Rat jeez loaded 119,644
Why do Mexicans try to be white so bad? (Mar '09) 1 hr nomoreillegal 625
bless the jews (Nov '08) 1 hr Set free 7,055
Why Im no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Barnsweb 441,764
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Aura Mytha 265,082
More from around the web