Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 579,441
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#467236 Jul 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I can also post scriptures.
Why aren't you obeying the one and only god's commandments???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed.(Leviticus 20:9)
If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die.(Leviticus 20:10).
If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death.(Leviticus 20:11)
If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death.(Leviticus 20:14)
If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed.(Leviticus 20:15-16).
If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)
Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death.(Leviticus 20:27)
If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake.(Leviticus 21:9)
People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)
Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community.(Leviticus 24:14-16)
Posting Scripture is not an act of blasphemy...your true colors are showing....
Dan

Omaha, NE

#467237 Jul 30, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Of those listed....how many are pedophiles????
All of them, I believe.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#467238 Jul 30, 2013
If people had faith that a god or goddess loved them without any conditions put on that love ... religion would dissipate into thin air ... as there would be no need to fight ... no need to pray ... no need whatsoever.

It's because you DON'T have faith or any belief whatsoever that the god is of the nature of unconditional love that you WORRY and fight over the "love" comparable to jackals growling and biting at each other over the meat of a fresh kill!

Shame on you!

Quesnel, Canada

#467239 Jul 30, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
That is WHY I post those scriptures to you. To show you that by not killing others as the god commanded ... YOU are committing blasphemy AGAINST the god.

How does that grab you?

Religion is BUNK!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die.(Leviticus 20:10).

If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death.(Leviticus 20:11)

If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death.(Leviticus 20:14)

If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed.(Leviticus 20:15-16).

If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)

If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake.(Leviticus 21:9)

People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)

Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community.(Leviticus 24:14-16)

Location hidden

#467240 Jul 30, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I did, by reading the article.
Last line is especially instructive.
"“If someone is gay and he searches for the Lord and has goodwill, who am I to judge?’’ the pontiff said in remarks that Vatican reporters saw as the most conciliatory on the issue of gay priests expressed by any pope. In line with Church teaching, Francis said gays should not be judged or marginalised but integrated into society, while maintaining that homosexual acts are a sin."
God has not changed His view of them: Ro 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Location hidden

#467241 Jul 30, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
All of them, I believe.
And I believe you stuck your foot in your mouth...again....

Location hidden

#467242 Jul 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That is WHY I post those scriptures to you. To show you that by not killing others as the god commanded ... YOU are committing blasphemy AGAINST the god.
How does that grab you?
Religion is BUNK!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
Dan

Omaha, NE

#467243 Jul 30, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
God has not changed His view of them: Ro 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
.....which again hinges upon their actions.

No contradiction.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#467244 Jul 30, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
And I believe you stuck your foot in your mouth...again....
I clicked the first 5 links to each individuals situation and all dealt with some form of sexual offense against children.

The site dealt with SBC predators.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#467245 Jul 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't follow your teaching that self is the answer ... as self might perceive it's self as brilliant ... yet be totally loony tunes.
No problem, you aren't required to.

So what would you attribute to arriving at an answer?

Since you don't believe in the Self, then please remove "free will" from the list of answers, or any other aspect of your character that has to do with free will.

Thanks!

Quesnel, Canada

#467246 Jul 30, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
None of that is doctrine. Doctrine cannot be changed.
Doctrine or dogma ... whatever title you want to put on it ... can and was changed.

Catholics and Protestant can no longer burn those they called heretics or witches at the stake.

Somebody changed the doctrines or the dogmas ... and that was because Catholics and Protestants were finally forbidden by others to rule over religion and government at the same time as once was their lot.

There is not a question in my mind that if they could still burn others to death ... it would be business as usual.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#467247 Jul 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Doctrine or dogma ... whatever title you want to put on it ... can and was changed.
Catholics and Protestant can no longer burn those they called heretics or witches at the stake.
Somebody changed the doctrines or the dogmas ... and that was because Catholics and Protestants were finally forbidden by others to rule over religion and government at the same time as once was their lot.
There is not a question in my mind that if they could still burn others to death ... it would be business as usual.
Burning people at the stake was never part of Catholic dogma nor doctrine.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#467248 Jul 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
June, I'm sure you mean well ;) but that is neither doctrine nor dogma. As I said, it cannot be changed.

Quesnel, Canada

#467249 Jul 30, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
So what would you attribute to arriving at an answer?
Answer to WHAT???

There is no cure for human stupidity.

Intellect can't reach beyond it's self.

People keep fighting over whose god is real and whose is false ... when there is not a shred of proof that the universe was created ... period.

Yet they kill each other over who will receive the love.

If you can find any smarts in that scenario of self ... your self will indeed be a miracle worker.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#467250 Jul 30, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You, evidently, are a saved Catholic...please share with us your testimony....quote Scripture that led you to being saved...your baptizing...
I have "no intention" of playing your (once saved-always saved) bible only Protestant "game" of questions and more questions. The only reason you came on this forum Oxbow is "for one purpose" and one purpose ONLY!! To attack, condemn and rip" Jesus Christ and 2000 years of His historically and biblically PROVEN One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church. I have seen how you "fundies" (con) Anthony, Clay, Regina and other Catholics into your "Protestant (anti-catholic) "loaded question" game using a "bunch" of mis-interpreted (personal opinionated bible verse (answers) to spread your "false and distorted" anti-catholic rif-raf on nonsense!! Go ask your questions to the rest of your 42,000 contradicting and inconsistent other bible only "fundies" and argue, debate and rip each others "relative truth" beliefs.... I/we as Catholics will "continue" to remain with the AUTHORITATIVE and PROVEN TRUTH, believing, worshipping and adhering to the TRUTH of Jesus Christ's One True Catholic Church at Daily Mass, the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible, the Eucharist (Our Lords TRUE body and blood) and the other Sacraments, as billions and billions of Catholics have done (and are still doing) for over 2000 years. You, my friend, can do what you want!!!
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#467251 Jul 30, 2013
The False Prophet/Teacher is attempting to put lipstick on a pig/abomination:

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story...

Get your children out of this 'church', they depend on you!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#467252 Jul 30, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>no such church exists.
It's been here for over 2000 years-Jethro8!! Get your "ostrich head" out of the sand----and----"OPEN YOUR EYES"!!!
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#467253 Jul 30, 2013
Five Myths About Pope Francis
July 22, 2013
William Doino Jr.

Papa Francisco, He has been called an “improv pope,” a pope of many surprises, but the biggest surprise of all is that Francis continues to elude all efforts to classify him. Since the opening days of his papacy, a flood of commentators have come forth to tell us what to expect of him, only to miss the mark. Among the numerous errors about Francis, five in particular stand out.
http://www.firstthings.com/onthesquare/2013/0...
marge

Ames, IA

#467254 Jul 30, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
.....which again hinges upon their actions.
No contradiction.
It says 'reprobate mind'. It's OK to have a reprobate mind???

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#467255 Jul 30, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me, but she said the "site", not the "article". But thanks anyway.
Now I really do have to run. Have fun!
REGINA

YOU left before commenting 're the CATECHISM

Oh I trust the woman who gave me the the CatHOLIC site as she teaches,Catholic religious education education as bible study and now will teach CCD classes,at the Catholic school...

Again the ,site,

http://www.catholic.com/tracts/adam-eve-and-e...

..But didn't even look for the imprimatur as she said it was there,....But guess what. IT SAYS NIHIL OBSTAT

And I just FOUND MY Baltimore Catechism

Man is a creature composed of body and soul and made in the image and likeness,of God

No evolving out of other creatures,is mentioned
at all

http://catecheticsonline.com/...

NO EVOLUTION FROM OTHER FORMS,OF BIOLOGICAL.LIFE ..

I can read AND REMEMBER JUST FINE .

AND if I get forgetful ..J have a few bibles

..plus those online. all versions

The only religious source that says,anything about DEVELOOING FROM OTHER BIOLOGICAL BEINGS,...the CATHOLIC SITE with Imprimatur

And a couple from on here

But see I went to an actual Catholic teacher because I thought Clay was mistaken..But guess he was right.

Truth is truth Regina,..it does NOT CHANGE if it's,scriptural

GOD CREATED ADAM and greater Life into him.....he did NOT evolve

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 9 min Seentheotherside 609,986
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 52 min who 270,214
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 56 min RiccardoFire 39,987
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 56 min BenAdam 818,421
magi chudbo 1 hr rajevas 3
Sex with Mom (May '12) 1 hr rajevas 14
jawan bhanji ki chudai kaise karu (Apr '13) 1 hr rajevas 73
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr Rosa_Winkel 2,051
More from around the web