Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,536)

Showing posts 450,701 - 450,720 of530,167
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Why woman is subject in God hand?

Please dear God tell me!

Is every man honest?

What Jesus say ..why is man better?

Did our lovely God created man?

E.. i will give you gift?!

“OneLordOneFaithE ph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine with me and you do not understand ..I do not HATE the CC.
I was,most disillusioned when I learned it's,history in the Middle
Ages. I was taught the CC was,every thing good in the world .
That it's,POPES were,infallible holy men.
That was,NOT always the case,..And its,sad that you all cannot admit
it
Your Blessed,Pope did and I think if anything is,responsible fir your church gaining believers,it was,HIS,honesty...And humility .
Just my opinion .
And as,I have shown more than once ..the bible's used by most CHRISTIANS,INCLUDING THE CC..say the same thing .
As fir bibles ..your church and the Church of England did nit even want them printed in language of the people .
I've said before this is one reason that freedom to worship as codified in this country.
So t her is,NO STATE,RELIGION as was in the Middle,ages ..intertwining Church and the monarchies.
Treating the,Pope and bishops as king and princes.
This is,not how,JESUS,intended His,CHURCH to be .
Not a temple with only the priests to tell us what God meant .
Peter was the servant of the people ..no one kissed his ring..he had none .
I'm glad,you all NOW have bible study
Maybe in a few generations,our churches churchrescan unite under JESUS,CHRIST not under an earthly king.
And the one POPE who wanted unity and was,humble enough to apologize fir all that was wrong ..You all ignore it deny what He said ...while canonizing him .
Her strange imo
But it is your church ..worship how you choose .
I do nit hate the CC.
SNIPPED FOR SPACE....

YOU WROTE

“. I was taught the CC was,every thing good in the world .
That it's,POPES were,infallible holy men.”[end Quote]

Your were taught but you did not listen.

“The doctrine of Papal Infallibility does not mean the Pope is always right in all his personal teachings. Catholics are quite aware that, despite his great learning, the Pope is very much a human being and therefore liable to commit human error. On some subjects, like sports and manufacturing, his judgment is liable to be very faulty. The doctrine simply means that the Pope is divinely protected from error when, acting in his official capacity as chief shepherd of the Catholic fold, he promulgates a decision which is binding on the conscience of all Catholics throughout the world. In other words, his infallibility is limited to his specialty– the Faith of Jesus Christ.

In order for the Pope to be infallible on a particular statement,

however, four conditions must apply:

1) he must be speaking ex cathedra ... that is, "from the Chair" of Peter, or in other words, officially, as head of the entire Church;

2) the decision must be for the whole Church;

3) it must be on a matter of faith or morals;

4) the Pope must have the intention of making a final decision on a teaching of faith or morals, so that it is to be held by all the faithful. It must be interpretive, not originative; the Pope has no authority to originate new doctrine. He is not the author of revelation – only its guardian and expounder. He has no power to distort a single word of Scripture, or change one iota of divine tradition. His infallibility is limited strictly to the province
of doctrinal interpretation, and it is used quite rarely. It is used in order to clarify, to "define," some point of the ancient Christian tradition. It is the infallibility of which Christ spoke when He said to Peter, the first Pope: "I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And whatsoever thou shalt bind upon earth, it shall be bound also in heaven." (Matt. 16:19). Certainly Christ would not have admonished His followers to "hear the church" (Matt. 18:17) without somehow making certain that what they heard was the truth – without somehow making the teaching magisterium of His Church infallible.”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
They confess their sins and receive forgiveness like any other sinner. He didn't say he wanted to change anything about reception of communion, he only said we need to talk about ways to minister to them better. Although, if the Catholic Church did decide to allow divorced and remarried persons to receive communion they'd be just like the Orthodox, so I'm not really sure why you're asking Sera as I assume she's all for it.
Bada Boom Bada Bing

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
OX, HOGWASH [lol]
"But we fell into sin and became sinful due to the sin of Adam."
This is why ALL Original Christian Churches baptize their young.
New man-made church like yours changed the rules.
The Apostles baptized "ALL the people" (Luke 3:21) and whole households (Act 16:15, 1 Cor. 1:16). Certainly "ALL the people" and whole "households" included infants. Christ must will it because He stated categorically that Baptism is a necessary prerequisite for salvation (John 3:5), and He certainly desires the salvation of infants. He must will it because the primitive Christian Church, which had fresh firsthand knowledge of His Will, baptized infants. In the ancient catacombs of Rome the inscriptions on the tombs of infants make mention of their having been baptized. One such inscription reads: "Here rests Archillia, a newly-baptized; she was one year and five months old."
~~~

SO YOU BELIEVE

Gen_3:20 And Adam called his wife's name (STEVE)Eve; because (HE)she was the (WHATEVER)mother of all living.

sO YOU BELIEVE THAT IN THE BEGINNING

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right!! I have, will always have it and there is no cure for it and so do the other 1.168+ billion Catholics around the world as well as the other Catholics on this forum. It is 2000 years of the historical and biblical PROVEN and AUTHEENTICATED TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One (and only) One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church,,,,,continuing to grow at the rate of 1.5% each and every year manifested in the truth, the faith and the Salvation of Jesus Christ HIMSELF.
What you got is stupidity...there is no cure..otherwise you would understand what your pope approved Bible is saying about your "one true apostolic catlick church"...

Christ built not any Christian denomination.....of which your cult is one of the biggest.

Quote: NABre: Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

From your pope approved Bible...you are saying it is a farce...the pope is a dope for approving it!!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

act 2;20
then i am mental whore according lawfull document of your law
Did I?

-then i see nothing exist
-no moon
-no star
-no sun
-nothing alive
-dead body stay on street
-not cat
-not dog
-no bird
-nothing
but buildings stay

i walk
i talk
i see..

its just one page
yep

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
They confess their sins and receive forgiveness like any other sinner. He didn't say he wanted to change anything about reception of communion, he only said we need to talk about ways to minister to them better. Although, if the Catholic Church did decide to allow divorced and remarried persons to receive communion they'd be just like the Orthodox, so I'm not really sure why you're asking Sera as I assume she's all for it.
Your church already does already allow divorced people to receive communion.Your church just lies about the fact that hey were never married it the first place! What is better in the first place? A church that acknowledges that they WERE married and the marriage fail or a church that pretends NO MARRIAGE every took place..A LIEING CHURCH OR A CHURCH THAT TELLS THE TRUTH! PICK ONE!..LOL

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Their "marriage" doesn't exist in the Church. Any sex outside of a marriage is a sin. Does the Orthodox Church allow gays to be members?
==========

The Orthodox Position
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

then
someone say..verily verily i say to you until you not born again..you not save..
then
i am again mental whore according your law..
Did I?

then..i see about what
all of them who born again..yep
where?
in light..yep
but not for so long
jaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
they liked died but can't
opens wounds
they liked died but can't..
o ..Did you liked more page?

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>"As The World Turns".....
Tune in tomorrow..well I did say I thought when I saw him.
That he just might change a lot of things

Or shake them up .

We shall see

And please don't put that liquid Nair in the neighbors

Sprinklers ..Lol
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I WAS,commenting to her comment ..on the news tonite..though the news can be wrong ..they said the Pope wants,to make great changes including letting divorced people receive the sacraments..And to let women have of a bigger part in church life ..But not to become priests.
That's what they said..Not me..and I assume we will learn more about it in the future
The "news" is wrong, or you heard it wrong.

Divorced and remarried Catholics can still receive some of the sacraments, but not the Eucharist. He can't just issue a change to that, no pope can. He's not a protestant preacher.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Bada Boom Bada Bing
Love that song.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
SO YOU BELIEVE
Gen_3:20 And Adam called his wife's name (STEVE)Eve; because (HE)she was the (WHATEVER)mother of all living.
~~`~~`
IF GOD CREATED ADAM AND STEVE...WHERE DID YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS COME FROM?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

who="StarC"]<quot ed text>
Snipped for space.
Ha, ha, ha, Can't be any more pagan then the founder of your lil church, the adulteress drug addicted Aimee [the greater WHORE]. That is pagan to the MAX!!
~~~
MAX WHO?
THE FIRST PENTECOSTAL MESSAGE WAS PREACHED BY
THE APOSTLE PETER...EVER HEAR OF HIM
HE ...PREACHED...
Snipped for space.....

You wrote "MAX WHO?"

Speaking of the founder of your church, Aimee.
I wrote....
'Can't be any more pagan then the founder of your lil church, the adulteress drug addicted Aimee [the greater WHORE]. That is pagan to the MAX!!"

LOL. Max means "that is pagan to the maximun ??"

Maximum = largest amount or highest level reached: the largest amount or value or highest level that something variable can reach or reaches during a period

Do I have explain everything to you. I thought you were born 100 years ago.:D

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

who="Seraphima"Your church already does already allow divorced people to receive communion.Your church just lies about the fact that hey were never married it the first place! What is better in the first place? A church that acknowledges that they WERE married and the marriage fail or a church that pretends NO MARRIAGE every took place..A LIEING CHURCH OR A CHURCH THAT TELLS THE TRUTH! PICK ONE!..LOL

I can't imagine the pride of a group that would say that a man and woman who lived together, and produced children, were never married just because THEIR priest didn't lead them in a public commitment.

You are right...that is an outright lie.

KayMarie
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Now..Do you liked Solo+ ai+r lemon juice?

Why Lemon is tropical tree?

Dear God tell me please!
About what?!
Did cancer line go trough tropical?
----------

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>"As The World Turns".....

ACTUALLY IT IS "AS THE STOMACH TURNS."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~
SO YOU BELIEVE
Are you on drugs??

You are saying Adam and Steve??!!!

I'm out of here, you all are talking like fools.

Good night!
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Your church already does already allow divorced people to receive communion.Your church just lies about the fact that hey were never married it the first place! What is better in the first place? A church that acknowledges that they WERE married and the marriage fail or a church that pretends NO MARRIAGE every took place..A LIEING CHURCH OR A CHURCH THAT TELLS THE TRUTH! PICK ONE!..LOL
The true Church has always taught that the Church decides when a valid marriage occurs. The Orthodox changed what the true Church has always taught which is " what God has joined, let no man put asunder". No divorce, no remarriage. Is there something we should know about you and Hermi?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
So which one of your 42,000 bible only denominations is "led by the Holy Spirit" of TRUTH. You "fundies" have been dividing, fracturing, and splitting off from each other "faster than burger king can "pass out their whoppers'!! There can be (only one truth) not 42,000 "personal opinioned (relative) truths". The fact is that there is ONE (and only one) TRUTH--has, is, and will ALWAYS be grounded and firmly established in Jesus Christ, in and through HIS One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church, inititated by Jesus Christ HIMSELF in Matthew 16:13-21
Mt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Christ did not found the Catholic church in Mt 16:18 or in any other Scripture, because:

A. Church as found in Mt 16:18 is from the Greek word "ekklesia" defined as: a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.

B. Ekklesia does not identify the Catholic church......

C. Christ founded Christian communities of members on earth or saints in heaven or both...per Mt 16:18...

D.. Christ did not say "And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my Catholic church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

E. Had He, as Catholics so erroneously believe, did indeed found the Catholic church at that time (Mt 16:18), from that day forward, the Bible would refer to the Catholic church..it does not....

F. Rev does not say:
Unto the angel of the Catholic church of Ephesus write;
And unto the angel of the Catholic church in Smyrna write;
And to the angel of the Catholic church in Pergamos write;
And unto the angel of the Catholic church in Thyatira write;
And unto the angel of the Catholic church in Sardis write;
And to the angel of the Catholic church in Philadelphia write;
And unto the angel of the Catholic church of the Laodiceans
write;
because it did not exist....

G. The term "Catholic" did not appear before 106....years after Christ said "And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my Catholic church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

History of ecclesiastical use of "catholic":

A letter written by Ignatius of Antioch to Christians in Smyrna[11] around 106 is the earliest surviving witness to the use of the term Catholic Church (Letter to the Smyrnaeans, 8).

By Catholic Church Ignatius designated the universal church. Ignatius considered that certain heretics of his time, who disavowed that Jesus was a material being who actually suffered and died, saying instead that "he only seemed to suffer"

(Smyrnaeans, 2), were not really Christians.[12] The term is also used in the Martyrdom of Polycarp in 155 and in the Muratorian fragment, about 177 .

In summary: Christ found His church (Christian communities of members on earth or saints in heaven or both). Today we refer to that as Christianity...which identifies denominations that follow His teachings...which excludes the Catlicks...they teach from "traditions" and the "magnastiurm" which they freely admit are not based on Scripture..

Men founded the catlick denomination.....Not Christ(Denomination : A large group of religious congregations united under a common faith and name and organized under a single administrative and legal hierarchy.)

Of which, in the Catholic denomination, a majority of the clergy have been proven to be pedophiles...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 450,701 - 450,720 of530,167
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

347 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min It aint necessarily so 716,771
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 5 min hemanth hemanthsahitya 458
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min River Tam 223,219
Steve Bridges 15 yr. sentence for the murder of... (Apr '08) 9 min Brittney Carey Bridges 34
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 15 min petesake kis 114,654
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 23 min Student 38,407
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 35 min MUQ1 36,414
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr WildWeirdWillie 171,459
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr AussieBobby 255,732
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 4 hr amy 63
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••