Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 595765 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#467053 Jul 29, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
So which one of your 42,000 bible only denominations is "led by the Holy Spirit" of TRUTH. You "fundies" have been dividing, fracturing, and splitting off from each other "faster than burger king can "pass out their whoppers'!! There can be (only one truth) not 42,000 "personal opinioned (relative) truths". The fact is that there is ONE (and only one) TRUTH--has, is, and will ALWAYS be grounded and firmly established in Jesus Christ, in and through HIS One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church, inititated by Jesus Christ HIMSELF in Matthew 16:13-21
Mt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Christ did not found the Catholic church in Mt 16:18 or in any other Scripture, because:

A. Church as found in Mt 16:18 is from the Greek word "ekklesia" defined as: a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.

B. Ekklesia does not identify the Catholic church......

C. Christ founded Christian communities of members on earth or saints in heaven or both...per Mt 16:18...

D.. Christ did not say "And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my Catholic church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

E. Had He, as Catholics so erroneously believe, did indeed found the Catholic church at that time (Mt 16:18), from that day forward, the Bible would refer to the Catholic church..it does not....

F. Rev does not say:
Unto the angel of the Catholic church of Ephesus write;
And unto the angel of the Catholic church in Smyrna write;
And to the angel of the Catholic church in Pergamos write;
And unto the angel of the Catholic church in Thyatira write;
And unto the angel of the Catholic church in Sardis write;
And to the angel of the Catholic church in Philadelphia write;
And unto the angel of the Catholic church of the Laodiceans
write;
because it did not exist....

G. The term "Catholic" did not appear before 106....years after Christ said "And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my Catholic church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

History of ecclesiastical use of "catholic":

A letter written by Ignatius of Antioch to Christians in Smyrna[11] around 106 is the earliest surviving witness to the use of the term Catholic Church (Letter to the Smyrnaeans, 8).

By Catholic Church Ignatius designated the universal church. Ignatius considered that certain heretics of his time, who disavowed that Jesus was a material being who actually suffered and died, saying instead that "he only seemed to suffer"

(Smyrnaeans, 2), were not really Christians.[12] The term is also used in the Martyrdom of Polycarp in 155 and in the Muratorian fragment, about 177 .

In summary: Christ found His church (Christian communities of members on earth or saints in heaven or both). Today we refer to that as Christianity...which identifies denominations that follow His teachings...which excludes the Catlicks...they teach from "traditions" and the "magnastiurm" which they freely admit are not based on Scripture..

Men founded the catlick denomination.....Not Christ(Denomination : A large group of religious congregations united under a common faith and name and organized under a single administrative and legal hierarchy.)

Of which, in the Catholic denomination, a majority of the clergy have been proven to be pedophiles...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#467054 Jul 29, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
I played trumpet as part of the horn section of a R&B band.We played many many "Black" clubs & bars.
At one bar I was on a stage right above the bar with the band.We were playing Otis Redding "I Cant Turn You Loose" Directly across the bar facing me I saw a man walk up behind another man sitting at the bar and put a knife at his throat.We kept playing. The bartender grabbed a gun and held it in the air. We kept playing.The man ran in the back room followed by the bartender with the gun and 2 more guys. We kept playing. Noone was hurt. Especially the band. Noone was going to hurt the band cause they had the jams, man.
Otis: I Cant Turn You Loose
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Mc4y-P1Uuw0XX
uhhhhh Nick you boo booed!...lol

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#467055 Jul 29, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>"As The World Turns".....

ACTUALLY IT IS "AS THE STOMACH TURNS."

~~~~~

AS GOD'S STOMACH TURNS

Rev 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

Rev 3:16 ---> So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.<---

Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

Location hidden

#467056 Jul 29, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
OX, HOGWASH [lol]
"But we fell into sin and became sinful due to the sin of Adam."
This is why ALL Original Christian Churches baptize their young.
New man-made church like yours changed the rules.
The Apostles baptized "ALL the people" (Luke 3:21) and whole households (Act 16:15, 1 Cor. 1:16). Certainly "ALL the people" and whole "households" included infants. Christ must will it because He stated categorically that Baptism is a necessary prerequisite for salvation (John 3:5), and He certainly desires the salvation of infants. He must will it because the primitive Christian Church, which had fresh firsthand knowledge of His Will, baptized infants. In the ancient catacombs of Rome the inscriptions on the tombs of infants make mention of their having been baptized. One such inscription reads: "Here rests Archillia, a newly-baptized; she was one year and five months old."
Catholics teach all born are guilty of the original sin of Adam and Eve..

This was God's reaction to same:

Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee

And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;
In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life...

Where does He say: And from this day forth, all newborn will have their soul stained with the original sin of Adam/Eve....or words to that affect...
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#467057 Jul 29, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Seraphima"Your church already does already allow divorced people to receive communion.Your church just lies about the fact that hey were never married it the first place! What is better in the first place? A church that acknowledges that they WERE married and the marriage fail or a church that pretends NO MARRIAGE every took place..A LIEING CHURCH OR A CHURCH THAT TELLS THE TRUTH! PICK ONE!..LOL
I can't imagine the pride of a group that would say that a man and woman who lived together, and produced children, were never married just because THEIR priest didn't lead them in a public commitment.
You are right...that is an outright lie.
KayMarie
Your right....if that is what we say, but we don't, so you're wrong.
truth

Perth, Australia

#467058 Jul 29, 2013
Is any cancer formula in your food..your water your medicine your vaccine your air ..your cloth your house your street your schools your buildings..
everywhere..Is any image of that exist.everywhere..

What law say..everybody need be sick and wrong?
aaaaa just like that..

no

Please dear God tell me!
Did you have title of Mercy and Grace?

#467059 Jul 29, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The true Church has always taught that the Church decides when a valid marriage occurs. The Orthodox changed what the true Church has always taught which is " what God has joined, let no man put asunder". No divorce, no remarriage. Is there something we should know about you and Hermi?
~~~

YOU WROTE

Is there something we should know about you and Hermi?

WHAT'S IT TO YOU ..WITH YOUR INSINUATIONS?

DO YOU HAVE NOSE TROUBLE ARE YOU JUST WRITING A BOOK

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#467060 Jul 29, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The true Church has always taught that the Church decides when a valid marriage occurs. The Orthodox changed what the true Church has always taught which is " what God has joined, let no man put asunder". No divorce, no remarriage. Is there something we should know about you and Hermi?
wrong!....your church lies and pretends the marriage never took place...that's the issue...YOUR CHURCH changed the rules.The Catholic church allows divorce and remarriage you just lie about it!! What do you wanna know Tony...I'll tell you.....
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#467061 Jul 29, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Mt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Christ did not found the Catholic church in Mt 16:18 or in any other Scripture, because:
A. Church as found in Mt 16:18 is from the Greek word "ekklesia" defined as: a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.
B. Ekklesia does not identify the Catholic church......
C. Christ founded Christian communities of members on earth or saints in heaven or both...per Mt 16:18...
D.. Christ did not say "And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my Catholic church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
E. Had He, as Catholics so erroneously believe, did indeed found the Catholic church at that time (Mt 16:18), from that day forward, the Bible would refer to the Catholic church..it does not....
F. Rev does not say:
Unto the angel of the Catholic church of Ephesus write;
And unto the angel of the Catholic church in Smyrna write;
And to the angel of the Catholic church in Pergamos write;
And unto the angel of the Catholic church in Thyatira write;
And unto the angel of the Catholic church in Sardis write;
And to the angel of the Catholic church in Philadelphia write;
And unto the angel of the Catholic church of the Laodiceans
write;
because it did not exist....
G. The term "Catholic" did not appear before 106....years after Christ said "And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my Catholic church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."
History of ecclesiastical use of "catholic":
A letter written by Ignatius of Antioch to Christians in Smyrna[11] around 106 is the earliest surviving witness to the use of the term Catholic Church (Letter to the Smyrnaeans, 8).
By Catholic Church Ignatius designated the universal church. Ignatius considered that certain heretics of his time, who disavowed that Jesus was a material being who actually suffered and died, saying instead that "he only seemed to suffer"
(Smyrnaeans, 2), were not really Christians.[12] The term is also used in the Martyrdom of Polycarp in 155 and in the Muratorian fragment, about 177 .
In summary: Christ found His church (Christian communities of members on earth or saints in heaven or both). Today we refer to that as Christianity...which identifies denominations that follow His teachings...which excludes the Catlicks...they teach from "traditions" and the "magnastiurm" which they freely admit are not based on Scripture..
Men founded the catlick denomination.....Not Christ(Denomination : A large group of religious congregations united under a common faith and name and organized under a single administrative and legal hierarchy.)
Of which, in the Catholic denomination, a majority of the clergy have been proven to be pedophiles...
The most comprehensive study ever done shows the percentage was less than about 1%. Other studies show protestant numbers to be 3-4%.
truth

Perth, Australia

#467062 Jul 29, 2013
Then our lovely God is not Merciful God!

Why God is fearful from hopeless?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#467063 Jul 29, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>wrong!....your church lies and pretends the marriage never took place...that's the issue...YOUR CHURCH changed the rules.The Catholic church allows divorce and remarriage you just lie about it!! What do you wanna know Tony...I'll tell you.....
Yep.

They think if you say a skunk is a cat it will smell different.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#467064 Jul 29, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
Lol.

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#467066 Jul 29, 2013
AND THE LIST GOES ON....
http://www.outsidethewalls.org/blog/wp-conten...

AN UNBROKEN HISTORY

"Jesus said his Church would be "the light of the world." He then noted that "a city set on a hill cannot be hid" (Matt. 5:14). This means his Church is a visible organization. It must have characteristics that clearly identify it and that distinguish it from other churches. Jesus promised, "I will build my Church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it" (Matt. 16:18). This means that his Church will never be destroyed and will never fall away from him. His Church will survive until his return.

Among the Christian churches, only the Catholic Church has existed since the time of Jesus. Every other Christian church is an offshoot of the Catholic Church. The Protestant churches were established during the Reformation, which began in 1517.(Most of today’s Protestant churches are actually offshoots of the original Protestant offshoots.)

Only the Catholic Church existed in the tenth century, in the fifth century, and in the first century, faithfully teaching the doctrines given by Christ to the apostles, omitting nothing. The line of popes can be traced back, in unbroken succession, to Peter himself. This is unequaled by any institution in history.

Even the oldest government is new compared to the papacy, and the churches that send out door-to-door missionaries are young compared to the Catholic Church. Many of these churches began as recently as the nineteenth or twentieth centuries. Some even began during your own lifetime. None of them can claim to be the Church Jesus established.

The Catholic Church has existed for over 2,000 years, despite constant opposition from the world. This is testimony to the Church’s divine origin. It must be more than a merely human organization, especially considering that its human members— even some of its leaders—have been unwise, corrupt, or prone to heresy.

Any merely human organization with such members would have collapsed early on. The Catholic Church is today the most vigorous church in the world (and the largest, with over a billion members: one seventh of the human race), and that is testimony not to the cleverness of the Church’s leaders, but to the protection of the Holy Spirit.

FOUR MARKS OF THE TRUE CHURCH

If we wish to locate the Church founded by Jesus, we need to locate the one that has the four chief marks or qualities of his Church. The Church we seek must be one, holy, catholic, and apostolic.

The Church Is One (Rom. 12:5, 1 Cor. 10:17, 12:13, CCC 813–822)
Jesus established only ONE Church, not a collection of differing churches (Lutheran, Baptist, Anglican, and so on). The Bible says the Church is the bride of Christ (Eph. 5:23–32). Jesus can have but one spouse, and his spouse is the Catholic Church.

His Church also teaches just one set of doctrines, which must be the same as those taught by the apostles (Jude 3). This is the unity of belief to which Scripture calls us (Phil. 1:27, 2:2). "

==========
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#467067 Jul 29, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>wrong!....your church lies and pretends the marriage never took place...that's the issue...YOUR CHURCH changed the rules.The Catholic church allows divorce and remarriage you just lie about it!! What do you wanna know Tony...I'll tell you.....
Not wrong at all. The true Church follows Christ's command...no divorce no remarriage. The true Church follows Christ's exception that a true marriage never existed.

I don't really want to know anything about you or Hermi, I'm just wondering why you're so defensive about the Orthodox allowing multiple marriages and divorces.

Location hidden

#467068 Jul 29, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The "news" is wrong, or you heard it wrong.
Divorced and remarried Catholics can still receive some of the sacraments, but not the Eucharist. He can't just issue a change to that, no pope can. He's not a protestant preacher.
Not only do Catlicks ignore the teaching on the one exception Christ made on marriages, but individuals also ignore questions they cannot answer because they can see the answer will show thier true colors:

Anthony MN wrote:
"Get saved and we'll talk..." What have you done to "get saved" that any faithful Catholic hasn't done?

Which brings up the question: What has any faithful Catholic done to be saved????
truth

Perth, Australia

#467069 Jul 29, 2013
Great and greatest number are always bigger even if hopeless something or someone.

#467070 Jul 29, 2013
who=" Anthony MN"
People married (legally) by a Protestant pastor or a Justice of the Peace have been told that their marriage was not valid because it was not done in the Catholic church.

KayMarie

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#467071 Jul 29, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you wanna know about Herme and Sera? The Catholic Church is ok making Untruths Truths and Truths Untruths.Its in its DNA through history.If a divorced perspn wants to get married in the Catholic Church, the Church sprinkles magic dust and shazammmm!!! The marriage never happened. Wouldnt it be great if life worked that way. How about if it worked that way in our criminal courts?

The Orthodox are not afraid of Truth or Reality. The Orthodox Church says the marriage did happen. The marriage itself is a church and must include Christ. If the marriage cannot be reconciled after counseling and there is sincerity, it may have been harmful spiritually to the divorced person to remain in the marriage. See, for the Catholics its about the rule.(Remember the Pharasees) That's the reason for all the contradictions and double speak.The Church says something. Then they say something different. But it really isn't different.Its a deeper truth of the same thing. r it was misunderstood. Or it was in this category or that category of rule so it wasn't firm. etc ertc etc

For the Orthodox it is about the Spirit within the laws.The law is there, butt is about coming closer to God spiritually. Remember Christ's statement? If Catholics try to use my comment to say we are not strict, try our fast schedule.

#467072 Jul 29, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE

Lol.

~~~

EVERY TIME YOU GET PENNED AGAINST THE WALL ...YOU START

WITH YOUR INSULTS...AND MAKE SOME DEGRADEING REMARK

YOU MAY THINK IT'S FUNNY...

BUT IT AINT.

WE CAN INSULT TOO...

FOR YEARS I HAVE SHOWED RESTRAINT..

BUT THERE IS NO NEED/REASON TO ATTACK... INSULT HERMI AND HIS WIFE..HERE..
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#467073 Jul 29, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
They think if you say a skunk is a cat it will smell different.
You mean like since Orthodox priest vestments are far more gaudy than Catholics, it logically translates to 100% gay Orthodox priests?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min nanoanomaly 853,395
Tuyển xuất khẩu lao đ... 18 min duhocxkld 2
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 23 min raj bottom 250
Fondling my nipples drives me wild (Dec '14) 27 min andet1987 9
Will the world end in the middle of 2016? 30 min andet1987 12
"Hey!!!! Do you think I have an ODD-SHAPED HEAD... 32 min Doctor REALITY 7
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 33 min andet1987 6,108
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 40 min Jac 100,658
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Alice Cooper 444,089
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Name appears on post 612,583