Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,534)

Showing posts 450,661 - 450,680 of511,919
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Unadulterated Grace - Rom 11:6”

Since: Jul 13

Chicagoland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

it is written
in unity all of them..

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

22544 pages and still no definitive answers, to the truth of this forum or that a god actually exists.no hard core evidence has been presented that proves anything said here is true, all you people do is spout bible passages, which add up to spit in the wind, there is no proof to be found in these passages, they are stolen works from other books, written decades/centuries before Christianity came about. Where is the proof of the existence of a god? there is none, only empty words written in a book that has no foundation of fact, only hearsay, the true identity of the writers are in question by many scholars. anything and everything that could prove the existence of the one god theory can not be found, you don't see anything drawn on cave walls or in slabs of rock, or in hieroglyphics, you see drawings of half man half animal, a lot, and not just in one area but in areas around the world, artifacts of flying objects dating back 5000 yrs. an more, how is that possible? with little knowledge of technology of building, they created pyramids so perfectly lined and close together you can barely slide a piece of paper through the boulders, which weigh tons, but they managed to get them hundreds of feet off the ground, and fitted perfectly together, and the great sphinx animal and man, why? why did they draw/carve so many of these strange creatures or people? who really knows if they are someone's imagination, or are they done from visual contact? being beaten for centuries into believing in one god has put the fear of looking for the truth into man, today that's ridiculous, why doesn't anyone who has the clout to get an audience before the world court, get a freedom of information act so we can get a look at all the stolen artifacts, drawings, paintings ETC. that is hidden within Vatican city so man can study the truth, it's gods supposed gift to MAN, not a single group of MEN, but all men, the words/teachings on which we are suppose to live our lives in order to please him and secure a place in heaven for us. If we are not allowed to read and discover for ourselves what is written how can we be honestly sure we are doing what god really wants us to do?? would love to have the money to petition the world court and have a order issued that the Vatican must open ALL their files to the world, not just to them, what ever they have hidden is not theirs alone, gods word was meant for all man kind to see,to read, to follow, but how can you when your not allowed to? and again let's not forget the idiots who burned a few hundred books with no divine authority, so people couldn't read them. because of that barbaric act we will never know if a church exists or A god exists, you can't prove a truth when you don't have the whole truth, so any organization that makes the claim of being the true church is full of sheep dip.
endtimeNews

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

ISRAEL to give POPE "Custody" of Temple Mount -

http://youtu.be/Qt9kEQB4ti8

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

have a good day people. got miserable weather here again, so won't be able to do much outside, but trees need trimming, they are starting to grow over my back deck, so must cut them back.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

just saw this, is pope Francis going to be a short term pope? he is bucking the beliefs of the church.

ABOARD THE PAPAL AIRCRAFT —Pope Francis reached out to gays on Monday, saying he wouldn't judge priests for their sexual orientation in a remarkably open and wide-ranging news conference as he returned from his first foreign trip.

"If someone is gay and he searches for the Lord and has good will, who am I to judge?" Francis asked.

His predecessor, Pope Benedict XVI, signed a document in 2005 that said men with deep-rooted homosexual tendencies should not be priests. Francis was much more conciliatory, saying gay clergymen should be forgiven and their sins forgotten.

Francis' remarks came Monday during a plane journey back to the Vatican from his first foreign trip in Brazil.

He was funny and candid during a news conference that lasted almost an hour and a half. He didn't dodge a single question, even thanking the journalist who raised allegations reported by an Italian newsmagazine that one of his trusted monsignors was involved in a scandalous gay tryst.

Francis said he investigated and found nothing to back up the allegations.

Francis was asked about Italian media reports suggesting that a group within the church tried to blackmail fellow church officials with evidence of their homosexual activities. Italian media reported this year that the allegations contributed to Benedict's decision to resign

While stressing Catholic social teaching that calls for homosexuals to be treated with dignity and not marginalized, Francis said it was something else entirely to conspire to use private information for blackmail or to exert pressure.

Francis was responding to reports that a trusted aide was involved in an alleged gay tryst a decade ago. He said he investigated the allegations according to canon law and found nothing to back them up. But he took journalists to task for reporting on the matter, saying the allegations concerned matters of sin, not crimes like sexually abusing children.

And when someone sins and confesses, he said, God not only forgives but forgets.

"We don't have the right to not forget," he said

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Simple wrote:
<quoted text>
What I have seen of people who claim to be religious I have to mostly agree. I am not sure there is not a God. Even if there is a not a God; personal meditation is purposeful. Sorry my humor was not to your approval. I do read all your post and would miss your post.
Thank you.

I suggest that meditation is of value only if the thoughts are peaceful ... meaning good thoughts of others and for others.

To meditate on the idea that others will end up in hell is not a way to create peace within one's own psyche.

From my perspective to leave all thoughts concerning whether there is or is not a hereafter to its own unfolding in its own due time is the best type of meditation as there is no worry in such thoughts.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
Who asked you to join the conversation. You are nothing more than a atheist looking for sympathy. Go away.
If an Atheist is on a forum looking for sympathy from those in religion ... that Atheist has not learned anything from history.

:)

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a new book on the market...it is call "Bible"...get one...the teaching of God's Word applies to all generations..from the beginning of time till the last day...His Word never changes...
Would that be the old testament that you are promoting???

You know ... the one where the god supposedly informed those specific Jews to write that they were his chosen few???

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Pope John Paul II shocks the Christian world by announcing that "Evolution is Compatible with Christian faith"!!
All people in religion change "god's" mind with the times.

As evolution became more fashionable ... god came to accept that he had to follow along with whatever the preachers decided "he" believed.

However I suggest that pope John was not taking a god out of his picture, as that would have ended his career. He was simply suggesting that evolution fit in with "god's" plan.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Men dubbed "saints" by Catlicks are just that...men....
What about the women?

Are you now suggesting that Mary didn't leave Judaism of her own accord to become a Catholic saint???

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The natural man will never understand Scripture...
Does a man have to be unnatural to understand scripture?

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

[QUOTE who="margeGOD IS GREAT![/QUOTE]

You must be one of the ones who believes you will go to heaven rather than to hell.

For those who believe they are destined for hell ... I suggest they also believe that the god that allowed a hell to exist is NOT great.
Dan

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
just saw this, is pope Francis going to be a short term pope? he is bucking the beliefs of the church.
ABOARD THE PAPAL AIRCRAFT —Pope Francis reached out to gays on Monday, saying he wouldn't judge priests for their sexual orientation in a remarkably open and wide-ranging news conference as he returned from his first foreign trip.
"If someone is gay and he searches for the Lord and has good will, who am I to judge?" Francis asked.
His predecessor, Pope Benedict XVI, signed a document in 2005 that said men with deep-rooted homosexual tendencies should not be priests. Francis was much more conciliatory, saying gay clergymen should be forgiven and their sins forgotten.
Francis' remarks came Monday during a plane journey back to the Vatican from his first foreign trip in Brazil.
He was funny and candid during a news conference that lasted almost an hour and a half. He didn't dodge a single question, even thanking the journalist who raised allegations reported by an Italian newsmagazine that one of his trusted monsignors was involved in a scandalous gay tryst.
Francis was asked about Italian media reports suggesting that a group within the church tried to blackmail fellow church officials with evidence of their homosexual activities. Italian media reported this year that the allegations contributed to Benedict's decision to resign
While stressing Catholic social teaching that calls for homosexuals to be treated with dignity and not marginalized, Francis said it was something else entirely to conspire to use private information for blackmail or to exert pressure.
Francis was responding to reports that a trusted aide was involved in an alleged gay tryst a decade ago. He said he investigated the allegations according to canon law and found nothing to back them up. But he took journalists to task for reporting on the matter, saying the allegations concerned matters of sin, not crimes like sexually abusing children.
And when someone sins and confesses, he said, God not only forgives but forgets.
He's not "bucking" any beliefs.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
Those who wrote that a god inspired their words all lied to begin with ... and now they are trying to take back their words and use other words to tell more lies.

I suggest that men never were inspired by gods to speak or write, and that is why their supposed messages from gods kept on and keep on changing.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
It won't matter which man they put in as pope now, he has to deal with the lies taught by previous popes.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

AD

342: Christian Emperors Constans and Contantinus create a law against samesex
marriages.

390: homosexuality is declared a crime in several Christian empires&#894; those found guilty are sentenced to be burnt alive in public.

http://hrsbstaff.ednet.ns.ca/cbarre/global%20...

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Rosesz how are you,:) would you say that because we are re-born of the Spirit of Jesus our soul becomes His or like His, or am I saying this wrong? I know it's the Spirit of Jesus that makes us a new-creation.
"You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ."
http://www.openbible.info/topics/body_soul_an...

Those are of course bible verses..and I think old JG ..Free grace or cowboy coukd answer better than I. But I will tell it from only my personalview

We are bodies..CREATED BY GoD (not evolved from other life forms asthe Catholics want to NOW believe )

We have Souls made in the image of God..we have a Spirit in the form of a God Sized hole(I love this analogy as,it changed my whole outlook)

We try to fill that hole with everything from people to love us. To money ..etc..we can spend our whole life trying to do this ..to no avail as its really an emptiness ONLY GOD CAN FILL.

WHEN we accept Jesus as Lord and Saviour ..and are born again...that hole within our spirit is filleD WITH HIS SPIRIT ..
making us in effect effect a NEW CREATION.

as I said I am no bible scholar..but thats how I see it :)

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

I'm surprised that there weren't more members of clergy that committed suicide.

From my perspective to preach dogmas that most of humanity will end up in hell is to create discord within one's own conscience.

As a child I would not accept such nonsense into my psyche ... but most people are prone to sell their selves out for that word SALVATION.

What an obnoxious word. It grates on my nerves as something so cheap as to be spit upon!

When members of clergy choose suicide ... it should put up red flags everywhere that their consciences alerted them that there was something terribly wrong with what they were preaching.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Pope Francis reaches out to gays, says he won't judge gay priests

WaPo- Pope Francis reached out to gays on Monday, saying he wouldn't judge priests for their sexual orientation in a remarkably open and wide-ranging news conference as he returned from his first foreign trip.

Some time ago ...on this forum...

I predicted that the

position that was taken at that time by the Roman

Catholics, concerning homosexuals would ultimately

draw them in to their pagan religious society.

I believe The next step to follow will be accepting same sex marriage.

I don't claim to be a prophet but apparently what I

predicted is in coming to pass.

As for abortion....

due to the fact that Christianity WAS ABORTED in their

teaching centuries ago abortion will also be accepted...

We are rushing toward the surfacing of the antichrist

and the role that the GREAT WHORE will play in the

drama of the last day.

2Co 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

2Co 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

HICKORY, N.C.— What kind of personal pain would cause a 42-year-old pastor to abandon his family, his calling and even life itself? Members of a Baptist church here are asking that question after their pastor committed suicide in his parked car in September.

Those who counsel pastors say Christian culture, especially Southern evangelicalism, creates the perfect environment for depression. Pastors suffer in silence, unwilling or unable to seek help or even talk about it. Sometimes they leave the ministry. Occasionally the result is the unthinkable.

Experts say clergy suicide is a rare outcome to a common problem.

But Baptists in the Carolinas are soul searching after a spate of suicides and suicide attempts by pastors.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/religion/...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 450,661 - 450,680 of511,919
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

568 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min Dr_Zorderz 250,345
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Double Fine 679,761
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min No Shiite 216,679
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 15 min Toby 89,495
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 17 min ocxz 109,501
Gay Snapchat Names 26 min Snapchat me 1,315
Esogoldsell.com: a competitive ESO gold and ESO... 45 min esogold 1
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 46 min Josh 228
•••