Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
450,621 - 450,640 of 536,914 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics stick with Genesis. There is nothing in Catholic teaching contradicting Genesis, so not really sure what your point is.
Genesis,says,God created Adam then Eve.

Your Original Baltimore( which I studied),Catechism say God created us body and soul .

This new teaching says,our bodies,may hAve come from other biologucal forms,

God creted everything exactly he way the bible describes it .

No evolving from other creatures creatiresin involved.

Your supposedly OWN SCRIPTURE and now with a,bunch of convoluted explanaton you give into science ..which it self keeps changing its theories

MISSING LINK..LUCY..oh wait now its a common ancestor.

Have to say Anthony I was shicked to the cire...and actually thought Clay was,mistaken .

So I emailed a CATHOLIC RELIGIUIS,teacher who is a friend and to my shick agsin..she gave me THAT site ..NIHIL OBSTAT and all.

Look under Catholic position ..and then about evolution

And you folks accuse us of interpretations and changes!!!!

This is a whopper ..but you will believe becayse the CHURCH says,to ..not SCRIPTURE..your Church ..which taught me differently ..

Truth is truth..it does NOT CHANGE ..

GEnesis says NOTHING even close to evolution

He made Adam and breathed His life into him ...period ..

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What a joke!
As a Protestant you are here promoting your Protestant beliefs and haranguing Catholics for not believing the correct way ... which is your way.
Actually pointing out differences..not saying what you saud the harangue is,about ..i woukd never ever comment on theire eternal life.

I bekueve we meet Gid where we are..our relationship is eith JESUS nit thise on this forum

and i did not go to anyones,door ..we all ...even yoj..came here of our own free will.

And the only comment in your soul is you should kerp yoursekf open as,Maybe the goid Lordbrings you back here day after day to find sone truth about HIM that you coukd belueve in.

No harangue...no condemnation ..

And you are here ..

You slam us constantly. But no ONE is mean or cruel to you..as you suggested Christians,are
prophecies

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_____

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I listened to the following program on CBC Radio.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
Preachers Who Don't Believe in God
By CBC RADIO - CBC.CA/TAPESTRY
Added: Monday, 28 February 2011 at 11:17 AM
A recent study from Tufts University tells the story of several pastors who no longer believe in God. Most are still working in churches, still preaching sermons, and still counseling the faithful. They are isolated and, in some cases, unable to confide even in their own families, for fear of what their newfound disbelief may do to their relationships.
Daniel Dennett and his co-author Linda LaScola are pursuing follow-up research. Clergy who are interested in participating can contact them through Dr. Dennett's website.
http://old.richarddawkins.net/articles/597330...
If they cant tell even thrir own families ..why tell strangers.

It is possible to have a crisis,of faith ..would imagine they could
go to another pastor rather than Tufts,

Or God ..a crisus of fsith does Not make them atheists,

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
So you can not show me where you spoke of evolution...only that you spoke of the church...
If you are really interested read back over the,weekend posts,..i am certainly not going to .waste my time reposting

Anyine who read mine Im sure has gotten the message .

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are really interested read back over the,weekend posts,..i am certainly not going to .waste my time reposting
Anyine who read mine Im sure has gotten the message .
Thanks for proving my words: So you can not show me where you spoke of evolution...only that you spoke of the church...

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for proving my words: So you can not show me where you spoke of evolution...only that you spoke of the church...
Lol oxbow,..whatever you want to think ..think it .

We were not created through evolution..not our souks ..not our spirits and not our bodies.

I have posted about it many times..

Read ut...dont read it.

Just posted same to ANTHONY.

DO AS YOU PLEASE WITH IT ..And no idea why i answred this three times,already today

Have a nice evening

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

who="Cracker" 1. Why is your God better or the highest God of any of the other umpteen Gods worshiped around the world?
2. How can there be more than one God.
2. Why do any of the alleged Gods have to work in secrecy? Are the miracles that occur every day simply a mathematical reality and not because of the intervention of some God? And if he did intervene why keep it in secrecy?
3. Why does God allow the mass numbers of pedophiles in the catholic church?
4. God is good???? read #3 above.
5. Why does God allow mass murders to take place? What possible explanation is there for such suffering other than.."it is Gods way". Really?
What kind of sicko is your God for allowing this?
6. What kind of God would permit any suffering to occur if he could prevent it?
7. What kind of God would put all the different ethnic people and cultures on the planet and them let them fight it out and kill each other for millennia and not intervene?
I was raised a catholic and I am not buying any of it. This myth has continued for centuries on the simple fact that simple humans need to believe in a higher being. Need to believe in something. Need to buy their way into a fictional heaven to stay out of a fictional hell. Well, you have been living in hell already if you or someone you know have been involved in ethnic cleansings, the holocaust, 9-11,
airline crashes, war or any of the other calamities that have happened at the hand of your alleged God.
But you know, he works in mysterious ways and he loves each and every one of you.

(1)My God is better because He is the ONE God that is alive.
(2)There are NOT more Gods. The gods of this world are carved of wood and stone.
(3)God does not allow pedophiles in the Catholic (or any other) church. Men allow them to be there.
(4)Evil can be anywhere in this world. God hates all of it...but MEN allow it, and men perform it. It's end will come BECAUSE GOD IS GOOD.
(5)No, mass murder is not God's way. His order is, "Thou SHALL DO NO MURDER." And He will punish those who do kill others.
(6)God permits suffering...He DOES NOT CAUSE IT.
(7)God puts different peoples on the earth because He LIKES variations. Notice the countless varieties of flowers and trees, etc. on this earth. The beauty of them leaves us speechless.

Those who love God and man, work tirelessly to prevent man's cruelty to man. Those who do not love Him or mankind, work to destroy the 'image of God'.

Evil politicians work tirelessly to create tension between the races for political power. Yes, America once had slaves, but buckets of white blood was shed at Gettysburg, and other places, to free the slaves.

Our relations were improving, our nation instituted Affirmative Action to give the black man an equal effort in America. That program worked until wicked men began to 'use' it for political power.

People do evil; not God. It is true that He has all power, and could wipe out ALL evil with one stroke. But God's plan is to save mankind. There is some evil in all of us. If God wiped it all out instantly, NONE OF US WOULD REMAIN.

If you are going to believe there is no God, you will have to find how/why that the earth, stars, sun, etc. keep floating out there on nothing.

KayMarie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

The structure of the Roman Catholic is not built upon Jesus Christ...

they claim their rock is the apostle Peter..

Jesus did not call HIM ...THE STONE...

BUT

-->A STONE

Joh_1:42 And he brought him to Jesus. And when Jesus beheld him, he said,

Thou art Simon the son of Jona: thou shalt be called Cephas, which is by interpretation,

--> A stone.

JESUS IS ==>THE STONE<== WHICH THE (CATHOLIC CHURCH) HAS REJECTED

Mat_21:42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures,==>The stone <==
which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

THE APOSTLE PETER IS ONLY ONE STONE IN THE BUILDING

Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

NOTE
Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the

apostles (PLURAL) and prophets,(PLURAL)

Jesus Christ (SINGULAR) himself being the chief corner stone;

Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together

(ALL BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS) for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

1 Corinthians 3:11

(DRB) For other foundation no man can lay, but that which is laid: which is Christ Jesus.

(Geneva) For other foundation can no man laie, then that which is laied, which is Iesus Christ.

(KJV) For other -->foundation<-- can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

-->FOUNDATION<-- DEFINED IN GREEK ...as used in
1 Corinthians 3:11.

-->FOUNDATION<--

G2310
&#952;&#949;&#956; &#949;&#769;&#955; &#953;&#959;&#962;
themelios
them-el'-ee-os
From a derivative of G5087; something put down, that is, a substruction (of a building, etc.),(literally or figuratively):- foundation.

THE FOUNDATION OF THE CHURCH ( BY FAITH UNDER GRACE) WAS LAID THOUSANDS OF YEARS BEFORE THE APOSTLE PETER WAS BORN

EVEN BEFORE ABRAHAM

Heb 11:8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

Heb 11:9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

NOTE

Heb 11:10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

JESUS WAS SLAIN BY FAITH BEFORE THE FOUNDATIONS OF THE WORLD

Rev_13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of

==>the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. <==

DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT WHEN GOD SET FORTH HIS PLAN OF REDEMPTION ....

BEFORE THE WORLDS WERE FRAMED..

THAT IT BY FAITH ...WAS AS GOOD AS ALREADY

ACCOMPLISHED..

WHEN GOD SAID...IN EDEN

Gen_3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

GOD SAID ..JESUS CHRIST... WOULD BRUISE SATAN'S HEAD...

AND SATAN WOULD BRUISE HIS HEEL...

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
How,old are you ..younger than Vatican 2??
I was raised and went to Catholic school
We had catechism BALTIMORE And our missals.
We were taught things and listened to things GOSPELS EPISTLES,from the bible.
But we were not given bibles ..I had MIRE religion than those who went to public school...But NO BIBLE
As I said. The CC Haas changed..And bible study is a,part of your lives.
I've had CATHOLICS tell me what a great thing it is ..as if they just found that out
the Reformers IMO..did a lot TO BENEFIT THE CC..too bad they did not
Live to see it.
I too was raised Catholic and went to Catholic School also, we all had Bibles.

From an old Catechism book, on line. Please NOTE the Bible verse, to be looked up.

Maybe YOU didn’t have a bible. All other Catholic had a “family Bible” according to my 74 year old Catholic Priest.
Father said... homework had to do with looking up Bible verses.

Catechism Pic #1
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lc3j5gh0A81...

Catechism Pic #2
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-u47W25nZXiA/UIFOL0a...

ORIGINAL SIN
Scripture says that we are born sinners and that we are by nature sinners
Psalm 51:5 states that we all come into the world as sinners: "Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin my mother conceived me." Ephesians 2:2 says that all people who are not in Christ are "sons of disobedience." Ephesians 2:3 also establishes this, saying that we are all "by nature children of wrath." If we are all "by nature children of wrath," it can only be because we are all by nature sinners--for God does not direct His wrath towards those who are not guilty. God did not create the human race sinful, but upright. But we fell into sin and became sinful due to the sin of Adam.
http://www.desiringgod.org/resource-library/a...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

who="Dan"
Pope Francis didn't plow any new ground. People who don't understand Catholic teaching on homosexuality found his statements to be a headline, but he isn't saying anything they didn't teach already.

Well, that one is easy to believe!

As Christians, we ARE to love sinners (Jesus does)and work to help them.

But Church Officials and Politicians are not to love and permit that sin among the supposed 'leaders' of a respectable society.

KayMarie

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis,says,God created Adam then Eve.
Your Original Baltimore( which I studied),Catechism say God created us body and soul .
This new teaching says,our bodies,may hAve come from other biologucal forms,
God creted everything exactly he way the bible describes it .
No evolving from other creatures creatiresin involved.
Your supposedly OWN SCRIPTURE and now with a,bunch of convoluted explanaton you give into science ..which it self keeps changing its theories
MISSING LINK..LUCY..oh wait now its a common ancestor.
Have to say Anthony I was shicked to the cire...and actually thought Clay was,mistaken .
So I emailed a CATHOLIC RELIGIUIS,teacher who is a friend and to my shick agsin..she gave me THAT site ..NIHIL OBSTAT and all.
Look under Catholic position ..and then about evolution
And you folks accuse us of interpretations and changes!!!!
This is a whopper ..but you will believe becayse the CHURCH says,to ..not SCRIPTURE..your Church ..which taught me differently ..
Truth is truth..it does NOT CHANGE ..
GEnesis says NOTHING even close to evolution
He made Adam and breathed His life into him ...period ..
Rose,Rose,Rose....I believe as you do that God created Adam and Eve....BUT if you ever saw my neighbor mowing his lawn without his shirt,you would think monkey...lol..God Bless

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
Pope Francis reaches out to gays, says he won't judge gay priests
WaPo- Pope Francis reached out to gays on Monday, saying he wouldn't judge priests for their sexual orientation in a remarkably open and wide-ranging news conference as he returned from his first foreign trip.
Some time ago ...on this forum...
I predicted that the
position that was taken at that time by the Roman
Catholics, concerning homosexuals would ultimately
draw them in to their pagan religious society.

I believe The next step to follow will be accepting same sex marriage.
I don't claim to be a prophet but apparently what I
predicted is in coming to pass.
As for abortion....
due to the fact that Christianity WAS ABORTED in their
teaching centuries ago abortion will also be accepted...
We are rushing toward the surfacing of the antichrist
and the role that the GREAT WHORE will play in the
drama of the last day.
Snipped for space.

Ha, ha, ha, Can't be any more pagan then the founder of your lil church, the adulteress drug addicted Aimee [the greater WHORE]. That is pagan to the MAX!!

"Pentecostalism has a problem with scandals.
http://www.religion-online.org/showarticle.as...
Sister Aimee continued her preaching and international tours, but her love affair with the press had ended, and rumors persistently followed her. She MARRIED A THIRD TIME in 1931, then divorced in 1934. She died in 1944 from an OVERDOSE of barbituates. She is buried at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Glendale, California. The Angelus Temple still is a church for the Foursquare Gospel, which today claims over two million members worldwide.”
http://www.usc.edu/libraries/archives/la/scan...
Canadian born Aimee Semple McPherson,
In 1922 she founded the Foursquare Gospel, a Pentecostal mission"

Last day drama??!!! Too funny, read your bible..."only the Father knows the hour."

Regarding gay marriage, don't hold your breath, it will not happen in the Catholic Church.

Homosexual marriage is already happening in protestant churches.

This is why we Catholic are getting so many converts.

UNLIKE YOU, POPE FRANCIS DOES NOT JUDGE!!!!!!!

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THE POPE SAID...…..

“The pope also said he knows people have spoken about some kind of "gay lobby" at the Vatican protecting certain priests by

threatening to blackmail others. The pope said the "lobbying" is

what is worrisome.

Addressing the issue of the gay lobby, Pope

Francis said it was important to "distinguish

between a person who is gay and someone who makes

a gay lobby," he said.

"A gay lobby

isn't good."

"A gay person who is seeking God, who is of good

will -- well, who am I to judge him?" the pope

said. "The Catechism of the Catholic Church

explains this very well. It says one must not

marginalize these persons, they must be integrated

into society. The problem isn't this (homosexual)

orientation -- we must be like brothers and

sisters. The problem is something else, the

problem is lobbying either for this orientation or

a political lobby or a Masonic lobby."

The Church teaches this….

“Homosexuals do not choose their condition, for most, it is a

trying one. They must be greeted with respect, compassion and

tactfulness. Any sign of unfair-discrimination against them must

be avoided.” But homosexual acts are deemed “intrinsically

disorderly,” and the Church calls on gays and lesbians, as well as

UNMARRIED heterosexuals , to abstain from sex. Subtle flexibility

is also seen on suicide, with eternal salvation held out as a possibility.”

http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/...
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

your law is not my law..
as never been..
many people live without any law today..

'in beginning no your law'

its word

'Real Creator left law trough Space and time.'

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
If they cant tell even thrir own families ..why tell strangers.
It is possible to have a crisis,of faith ..would imagine they could
go to another pastor rather than Tufts,
Or God ..a crisus of fsith does Not make them atheists,
Because strangers will often listen to their suffering and those in their own churches and religious families will condemn them.

Those in religion don't like Atheists as they see them as threats to their own beliefs.

To tell pastors who believe in the existence of a god would be foolhardy, as the pastors would probably report what they perceive is an evil Atheist to the superiors in the church and he would be out of a job with no money to support his self or his family.

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually pointing out differences..not saying what you saud the harangue is,about ..i woukd never ever comment on theire eternal life.
So do you believe that Catholics will be saved, and if so, why are you constantly picking at how they practice their own religion, and bragging up your own religion?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Is your law ''all thief will be with you'?
Is your law sesame open yourself as God treasure?
Is your law flying carpet 1001 night?
Is your Law flaying ufo sosera?

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Jesus-loves-You_ wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have proof of your mind? No, you accept that it is in your brain functioning. But, what of your minding directing your toes to move. Is it now in your brain or in your toes. If you do not know that the soul exists, then you do not know what it is. Actually, the soul is neither Godly or evil. If is however subject to that which it allows to occupy it. Like thoughts, you are your thoughts and your thoughts create actions and your actions create your beliefs and your beliefs create your life.
When the brain-cells that keep human bodies functioning die, humans can't move their bodies by thought, as thought (as we know it) exists no more.

Those tiny brain-cells are what keep us thinking.

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is you put your foot in your mouth...
I understand the meaning in the dictionary of the word human.

What besides THAT was your point?

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Jesus-loves-You_ wrote:
<quoted text>As an atheist don't you harangue both Catholics, Protestants, Jews, Muslims, Hindus and pretty all who do not believe as you do?...sure you do.
I harangue all religion. I don't play favorites as do you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••