Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 659050 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Unadulterated Grace - Rom 11:6”

Since: Jul 13

Chicagoland

#467205 Jul 30, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>I don't dispute what you said the early church believed but I think they left out the 4th part. The mind. And it's because they didn't want people to think for themselves and question the authority of the Priests and Church leaders. It's not surprising that the original sin as the act of man gaining knowledge.
Rod McKuen once said something about Billy Graham. He was talking about how much Billy spoke against our worldly nature and managed to combine gold and God into a multi billion dollar a year business.
And please I am not knocking Mr. Graham. I admire the fact that he established guidelines for such ministries when it comes to disclosing donations and how much money pours in. He wrote some paper about it but no other evangelicals of his time would sign on.
As far as I know his group is the only evangelical group that does this.
.... In psychology, the psyche /&#712; s a&#618;k i&#720;/ is the
totality of the human mind, conscious, and
unconscious . Psychology is the scientific or
objective study of the psyche. The word has a
long history of use in psychology and
philosophy, dating back to ancient times, and
has been one of the fundamental concepts for
understanding human nature from a scientific
point of view. The English word soul is
sometimes used synonymously, especially in
older texts. wiki

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#467206 Jul 30, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
THE COMING OF JESUS CHRIST IS VERY NEAR...
Mat 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
NOTE
Mat 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place,(whoso readeth, let him understand:)
Which makes this supposed custody agreement seem odd..

But then the Vatican seems to have been close to the Palestinians.

Thing is the two sides are now meeting with representatives
From THIS administration as referees...tt all about lop sided

He who blesses the Chosen shall be blessed

He who curses them shall be cursed.

This country has in the past been on the right side of this prophecy .

That was the past..imo

And the clock is ticking ..
Dan

Omaha, NE

#467207 Jul 30, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>they condemned gay priests/people since it's creation, and now Francis is singing a different tune, I just read an article he washed the feet of two young women on Thursday a ritual that was for men only, since he is the vicar of Christ, he can do this, fore what ever he does is done with the blessing of jesus/god, that's unheard of, yet he did it, he is a smart man, he realizes the churches peril, your running out of priests, so he is slowly getting the church to accept bringing gay priests into the church, then it will be women priests, if you expect the church to survive.
He isn't plowing new ground. He's repeating the teachings of the Church. Read up then post.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#467208 Jul 30, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Please cite where the Pope condones homosexual acts.
Thanks

Homosexual agenda ›

Is the Catholic Church Becoming More Gay Tolerant Under Pope Francis?

Posted on July 29, 2013 by V2A —

Pope Francis has challenged his doctrinaire predecessor’s opinions on gay priests while upholding Church dogma that bans the ordination of women.

Flying back to Rome from his week-long visit to Brazil, the pontiff took reporters’ questions for 80 minutes in his first press conference since he was elected by cardinals to replace Pope Benedict XVI in March.

Unlike his predecessor who would only answer a few pre-scripted questions,
the 76-year-old Argentine Jesuit

fielded all issues unprompted, ranging from the so-called “gay lobby” in the Vatican to accusations of corruption involving its bank.

“If someone is gay and he searches for the Lord and has goodwill, who am I to judge?’’ the pontiff said in remarks that Vatican reporters saw as the most conciliatory on the issue of gay priests expressed by any pope. In line with Church teaching, Francis said gays should not be judged or marginalised but integrated into society, while maintaining that homosexual acts are a sin.

figure it out your self...
Dan

Omaha, NE

#467210 Jul 30, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexual agenda ›
Posted on July 29, 2013 by V2A —
Pope Francis has challenged his doctrinaire predecessor’s opinions on gay priests while upholding Church dogma that bans the ordination of women.
Flying back to Rome from his week-long visit to Brazil, the pontiff took reporters’ questions for 80 minutes in his first press conference since he was elected by cardinals to replace Pope Benedict XVI in March.
Unlike his predecessor who would only answer a few pre-scripted questions,
the 76-year-old Argentine Jesuit
fielded all issues unprompted, ranging from the so-called “gay lobby” in the Vatican to accusations of corruption involving its bank.
“If someone is gay and he searches for the Lord and has goodwill, who am I to judge?’’ the pontiff said in remarks that Vatican reporters saw as the most conciliatory on the issue of gay priests expressed by any pope. In line with Church teaching, Francis said gays should not be judged or marginalised but integrated into society, while maintaining that homosexual acts are a sin.
figure it out your self...
I did, by reading the article.

Last line is especially instructive.

"“If someone is gay and he searches for the Lord and has goodwill, who am I to judge?’’ the pontiff said in remarks that Vatican reporters saw as the most conciliatory on the issue of gay priests expressed by any pope. In line with Church teaching, Francis said gays should not be judged or marginalised but integrated into society, while maintaining that homosexual acts are a sin."

Since: Sep 09

Willow River, Canada

#467211 Jul 30, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>June, I had a strictly Platonic relationship with a sheep years back.She was a female so we don't have a same sex issue there.However we weren't of the same religious affiliation so that could be a problem.Am I in the clear???
I didn't know the answer to this question, so I quick went on line to one of those ancients gods,'cause I figured they would be closer to the source of real truth.

They must have been busy because it took hours for me to get any response whatsoever ... and then I was informed that it was a goddess from whom I was receiving the information.

Before I go any further with the response she gave me ... being that she is female ... will you trust that she tells the truth???

:)

Willow River, Canada

#467212 Jul 30, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>You said doctrine can't be changed but it can and has happened many times in the RCC.
Pope Benedict: In 1981, he settled in Rome when he became Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, one of the most important dicasteries of the Roman Curia.
During that time he helped shape the new view of gays and lesbians by the Catholic Faith. Under John Paul II he helped change the idea of homosexuality from an inherent sin to the ACT being sinful not the person or their state of being.
My partner was catholic and when he died he wanted to be cremated. His family were fairly traditional and some worried that destroying his body by fire would deny him resurrection in the Rapture. They were afraid the church would not allow him to be interred in holy ground. They were not aware that the Church had changed it's stance on cremation. It's amazing to me that it was his desire to be cremated that they feared the church would object to and not the fact that he was gay and my husband (we never married in any open ceremony. We exchanged vows on evening before God).
I am also allowed to be interred next to him even though I am not Catholic.(One of my sisters had converted so that was my way in).
Just wanted to share part of my experience with the RCC and their rules.
Why people even desire to belong to religious groups that teach such horrible dogmas is beyond me.

I was under the spell of religion for most of my life, but I created a belief of my own that the one god loved everybody without conditions put upon the love.

At least I wasn't trying to grab all the supposed love for my self while claiming that others deserved to spend eternity in hell.

Religion is BUNK!

Willow River, Canada

#467213 Jul 30, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text> I am a theosophical diest Unitarian Universalist Christian Buddhist.
Does this title mean to you that you know something others don't know?

Willow River, Canada

#467214 Jul 30, 2013
DNF wrote:
<Church is where religion dwells. Your heart is where God dwells.
Your mom might have thought she was teaching you something of value, but I believe that that teaching could make you believe that you have a straight line to truth, which is exactly what most all people believe that are in any man-created institution of worship.

To believe one knows truth of a god or gods, is to simply worship the self's intellectual ability to go above self.

Willow River, Canada

#467215 Jul 30, 2013
DNF wrote:
<Oh and since I know you like controversy, have you asked others what BIble the early Christians used for the 300 years prior to Constantine?
I believe that the Catholics were the first ones to use the word Christian. Ignatius was Catholic.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

An important milestone into development of Christian self-consciousness or Christian self-identity will be the emergence of the word "Christianity." This word appears for the first time in the writings of a church thinker of the early 2nd century of our era named Ignatius, who lived in Western Asia Minor, modern day Western Turkey

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows ...

Willow River, Canada

#467216 Jul 30, 2013
This version of the Catholic Bible is also known as the Ignatius Bible since it is published by Ignatius Press.

http://www.catholiccompany.com/ignatius-rsv-c ...

Willow River, Canada

#467218 Jul 30, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't seem any Hindus or Buddhists killing people for their religions though.
Why are Buddhists and Hindus killing each other in Sri Lanka which is known as the home of the suicide bomber?

Best answer

My one word answer: Religion. The struggle is political on the surface, but the division underneath all that is religious.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

Willow River, Canada

#467219 Jul 30, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't seem any Hindus or Buddhists killing people for their religions though.
Gandhi was trying to make peace between the religious factions when he was murdered by one of his own Hindus.

Willow River, Canada

#467220 Jul 30, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the abused should get their say and a proper investigation done, you don't have a problem with that, do you?
My guess is that at least some Catholics were not molested but took advantage of the situation to reap payouts from the church.

One lawyer was even disbarred for being caught in such a deception.

Wherever there is money to be had, crime is sure to enter.

Willow River, Canada

#467221 Jul 30, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Then you haven't been paying much attention to the Indian sub continent and nearby areas.
Radical Buddhist monk accused of inciting riots that have killed hundreds of Muslims Last Updated: 12:37 PM, June 21, 2013
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/ra...
Clash between Hindus and Sikhs in Pakistan averted
PTI : Islamabad, Thu Mar 21 2013, 15:48 hrs - See more at: http://www.indianexpress.com/news/clash-betwe...
The 2013 Canning riots were riots between Bengali Hindus and Bengali Muslims in the Indian state of West Bengal on 21 February 2013.
Dhule riot: police arrest eatery owner for inciting violence
http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/dhule-r...
Indeed! It was and is religion's habit to divide people into groups to in turn fight and kill each other.

Willow River, Canada

#467222 Jul 30, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
OK
I stand corrected.
All religions suck.
<quoted text>

Willow River, Canada

#467223 Jul 30, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>they condemned gay priests/people since it's creation, and now Francis is singing a different tune, I just read an article he washed the feet of two young women on Thursday a ritual that was for men only, since he is the vicar of Christ, he can do this, fore what ever he does is done with the blessing of jesus/god, that's unheard of, yet he did it, he is a smart man, he realizes the churches peril, your running out of priests, so he is slowly getting the church to accept bringing gay priests into the church, then it will be women priests, if you expect the church to survive.
People can see that a god was never guiding the words of anybody in religion ... yet they continue to play the games.

Willow River, Canada

#467224 Jul 30, 2013
Cracker wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, but was that fig leaf covering up something more sinister? Maybe there wasn't a penis behind the fig leaf.
Must you destroy what little I had left of that image???

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#467225 Jul 30, 2013
Cracker wrote:
<quoted text>Uh, which God are you referring to? Perfect? Says who? Power and wisdom? Power to do what? Wisdom? You might as worship a rock.
And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.

blasphemeth: to vilify; specially, to speak impiously:--(speak) blaspheme(-er,-mously,-my), defame, rail on, revile, speak evil.

I have yet to find an avowed atheist willing, with complete certainty, to seal his fate for all of eternity......would you want to have a go at it?????

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#467226 Jul 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Self!
Darn tootin' it is!

Good for you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 3 min MIDutch 314
Donald Chump: "Not paying federal taxes makes m... 20 min eddy4294 6
Ladies...Fantasies (May '09) 23 min jane 2
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 25 min Toby 71,235
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 36 min Toby 974,897
ladies is there such thing as too big? (Jun '13) 39 min jane 4
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 46 min RiccardoFire 45,632
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Blink 283,057
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 5 hr gundee123 5,104
More from around the web