Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 681916 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#466962 Jul 29, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis,says,God created Adam then Eve.
Your Original Baltimore( which I studied),Catechism say God created us body and soul .
This new teaching says,our bodies,may hAve come from other biologucal forms,
God creted everything exactly he way the bible describes it .
No evolving from other creatures creatiresin involved.
Your supposedly OWN SCRIPTURE and now with a,bunch of convoluted explanaton you give into science ..which it self keeps changing its theories
MISSING LINK..LUCY..oh wait now its a common ancestor.
Have to say Anthony I was shicked to the cire...and actually thought Clay was,mistaken .
So I emailed a CATHOLIC RELIGIUIS,teacher who is a friend and to my shick agsin..she gave me THAT site ..NIHIL OBSTAT and all.
Look under Catholic position ..and then about evolution
And you folks accuse us of interpretations and changes!!!!
This is a whopper ..but you will believe becayse the CHURCH says,to ..not SCRIPTURE..your Church ..which taught me differently ..
Truth is truth..it does NOT CHANGE ..
GEnesis says NOTHING even close to evolution
He made Adam and breathed His life into him ...period ..
Rose,Rose,Rose....I believe as you do that God created Adam and Eve....BUT if you ever saw my neighbor mowing his lawn without his shirt,you would think monkey...lol..God Bless

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#466963 Jul 29, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Pope Francis reaches out to gays, says he won't judge gay priests
WaPo- Pope Francis reached out to gays on Monday, saying he wouldn't judge priests for their sexual orientation in a remarkably open and wide-ranging news conference as he returned from his first foreign trip.
Some time ago ...on this forum...
I predicted that the
position that was taken at that time by the Roman
Catholics, concerning homosexuals would ultimately
draw them in to their pagan religious society.

I believe The next step to follow will be accepting same sex marriage.
I don't claim to be a prophet but apparently what I
predicted is in coming to pass.
As for abortion....
due to the fact that Christianity WAS ABORTED in their
teaching centuries ago abortion will also be accepted...
We are rushing toward the surfacing of the antichrist
and the role that the GREAT WHORE will play in the
drama of the last day.
Snipped for space.

Ha, ha, ha, Can't be any more pagan then the founder of your lil church, the adulteress drug addicted Aimee [the greater WHORE]. That is pagan to the MAX!!

"Pentecostalism has a problem with scandals.
http://www.religion-online.org/showarticle.as...
Sister Aimee continued her preaching and international tours, but her love affair with the press had ended, and rumors persistently followed her. She MARRIED A THIRD TIME in 1931, then divorced in 1934. She died in 1944 from an OVERDOSE of barbituates. She is buried at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Glendale, California. The Angelus Temple still is a church for the Foursquare Gospel, which today claims over two million members worldwide.”
http://www.usc.edu/libraries/archives/la/scan...
Canadian born Aimee Semple McPherson,
In 1922 she founded the Foursquare Gospel, a Pentecostal mission"

Last day drama??!!! Too funny, read your bible..."only the Father knows the hour."

Regarding gay marriage, don't hold your breath, it will not happen in the Catholic Church.

Homosexual marriage is already happening in protestant churches.

This is why we Catholic are getting so many converts.

UNLIKE YOU, POPE FRANCIS DOES NOT JUDGE!!!!!!!

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THE POPE SAID...…..

“The pope also said he knows people have spoken about some kind of "gay lobby" at the Vatican protecting certain priests by

threatening to blackmail others. The pope said the "lobbying" is

what is worrisome.

Addressing the issue of the gay lobby, Pope

Francis said it was important to "distinguish

between a person who is gay and someone who makes

a gay lobby," he said.

"A gay lobby

isn't good."

"A gay person who is seeking God, who is of good

will -- well, who am I to judge him?" the pope

said. "The Catechism of the Catholic Church

explains this very well. It says one must not

marginalize these persons, they must be integrated

into society. The problem isn't this (homosexual)

orientation -- we must be like brothers and

sisters. The problem is something else, the

problem is lobbying either for this orientation or

a political lobby or a Masonic lobby."

The Church teaches this….

“Homosexuals do not choose their condition, for most, it is a

trying one. They must be greeted with respect, compassion and

tactfulness. Any sign of unfair-discrimination against them must

be avoided.” But homosexual acts are deemed “intrinsically

disorderly,” and the Church calls on gays and lesbians, as well as

UNMARRIED heterosexuals , to abstain from sex. Subtle flexibility

is also seen on suicide, with eternal salvation held out as a possibility.”

http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/...
truth

Thornlie, Australia

#466964 Jul 29, 2013
your law is not my law..
as never been..
many people live without any law today..

'in beginning no your law'

its word

'Real Creator left law trough Space and time.'
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Willow River, Canada

#466965 Jul 29, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
If they cant tell even thrir own families ..why tell strangers.
It is possible to have a crisis,of faith ..would imagine they could
go to another pastor rather than Tufts,
Or God ..a crisus of fsith does Not make them atheists,
Because strangers will often listen to their suffering and those in their own churches and religious families will condemn them.

Those in religion don't like Atheists as they see them as threats to their own beliefs.

To tell pastors who believe in the existence of a god would be foolhardy, as the pastors would probably report what they perceive is an evil Atheist to the superiors in the church and he would be out of a job with no money to support his self or his family.
June VanDerMark

Willow River, Canada

#466966 Jul 29, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually pointing out differences..not saying what you saud the harangue is,about ..i woukd never ever comment on theire eternal life.
So do you believe that Catholics will be saved, and if so, why are you constantly picking at how they practice their own religion, and bragging up your own religion?
truth

Thornlie, Australia

#466967 Jul 29, 2013
Is your law ''all thief will be with you'?
Is your law sesame open yourself as God treasure?
Is your law flying carpet 1001 night?
Is your Law flaying ufo sosera?
June VanDerMark

Willow River, Canada

#466968 Jul 29, 2013
Jesus-loves-You_ wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have proof of your mind? No, you accept that it is in your brain functioning. But, what of your minding directing your toes to move. Is it now in your brain or in your toes. If you do not know that the soul exists, then you do not know what it is. Actually, the soul is neither Godly or evil. If is however subject to that which it allows to occupy it. Like thoughts, you are your thoughts and your thoughts create actions and your actions create your beliefs and your beliefs create your life.
When the brain-cells that keep human bodies functioning die, humans can't move their bodies by thought, as thought (as we know it) exists no more.

Those tiny brain-cells are what keep us thinking.
June VanDerMark

Willow River, Canada

#466969 Jul 29, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is you put your foot in your mouth...
I understand the meaning in the dictionary of the word human.

What besides THAT was your point?
June VanDerMark

Willow River, Canada

#466970 Jul 29, 2013
Jesus-loves-You_ wrote:
<quoted text>As an atheist don't you harangue both Catholics, Protestants, Jews, Muslims, Hindus and pretty all who do not believe as you do?...sure you do.
I harangue all religion. I don't play favorites as do you.
truth

Thornlie, Australia

#466971 Jul 29, 2013
Is your law seeds of mouse and rabbit squirrel and fox are mix breeding for new call name about what?

Is that your law of your evolution?

Is that your law about seeds of monkey and man?

Where is perfection?

Did you know Lucifer watching creation but fall?

Did you know that real Creator exist?
Where?

Location hidden

#466972 Jul 29, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Dan"
Pope Francis didn't plow any new ground. People who don't understand Catholic teaching on homosexuality found his statements to be a headline, but he isn't saying anything they didn't teach already.
Well, that one is easy to believe!
As Christians, we ARE to love sinners (Jesus does)and work to help them.
But Church Officials and Politicians are not to love and permit that sin among the supposed 'leaders' of a respectable society.
KayMarie
I am confused on what the Pope was saying. Is he gonna allow gay priest and gay membersn the church and will they beable to t the Eucharist? Which would be a no no....
June VanDerMark

Willow River, Canada

#466973 Jul 29, 2013
The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

Like the Chinaman who exclaimed,“See the God in that man,” when an Englishman cured a young woman of partial blindness by anointing her eyes with kerosene. Such a deed would deify almost any man, in almost any country, before the dawn of letters and the recognition of the science of mind.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#466974 Jul 29, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis,says,God created Adam then Eve.
Your Original Baltimore( which I studied),Catechism say God created us body and soul .
This new teaching says,our bodies,may hAve come from other biologucal forms,
God creted everything exactly he way the bible describes it .
No evolving from other creatures creatiresin involved.
Your supposedly OWN SCRIPTURE and now with a,bunch of convoluted explanaton you give into science ..which it self keeps changing its theories
MISSING LINK..LUCY..oh wait now its a common ancestor.
Have to say Anthony I was shicked to the cire...and actually thought Clay was,mistaken .
So I emailed a CATHOLIC RELIGIUIS,teacher who is a friend and to my shick agsin..she gave me THAT site ..NIHIL OBSTAT and all.
Look under Catholic position ..and then about evolution
And you folks accuse us of interpretations and changes!!!!
This is a whopper ..but you will believe becayse the CHURCH says,to ..not SCRIPTURE..your Church ..which taught me differently ..
Truth is truth..it does NOT CHANGE ..
GEnesis says NOTHING even close to evolution
He made Adam and breathed His life into him ...period ..
Lucy (australopithecus) wasn't human. She wasn't created in the image of God. She didn't have a soul. But she did exist. God made her.

How old is the earth Rose?
June VanDerMark

Willow River, Canada

#466975 Jul 29, 2013
The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

The oldest and probably the original form of the Trinity is that found in the Brahmin and Hindoo systems—the terms of which are—I. Brahma, the Father of supreme God. 2. Vishnue, the incarnate Word and Creator. 3. Siva, the Spirit of God, i.e., the Holy Spirit or Ghost—each answering to corresponding terms of the Christian Trinity, and yet two thousand years older, according to Dr. Smith.

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#466976 Jul 29, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
sec try
A perfect example of Catlicks ignoring Scripture is:
But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.
A second example: They say Mary remained a virgin...to do so they have to ignore: Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:
Teachings not support by Scripture:
Original sin.
Cannibalism.
Purgatory.
Prayer to dead men.
Prayers to Mary.
I can give you a multitude of more of the same....but, this is enough to prove the lies it your words..
Sorry but you are ignorant of the Holy Bible. You need to read the “WHOLE Bible” not just a verse here and there. Then and only then will you find all of your answers.

Exactly read those words again….

“whosoever shall marry her that is divorced commits adultery.” 5th commandment Thou shall not commit adultery !!!{hello!}

PRAYERS TO MARY and OTHER SAINTS.
Luke 1:28 [the Mary prayer in Scripture]
"And coming to her, he said,.".
Hail Mary full of Grace the Lord is with thee, Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, JESUS

READ YOUR BIBLE - The Saints lift up our prayers
Rev 5: 8, 1 Tim2: 1-4, Rev 8:3-4

PRAYERS TO THE DEAD
Bible books dropped by Martin Luther,
2 Mach. 12-46 [google it]

ORIGINAL SIN

"Scripture says that we are born sinners and that we are by nature sinners
Psalm 51:5 states that we all come into the world as sinners: "Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin my mother conceived me." Ephesians 2:2 says that all people who are not in Christ are "sons of disobedience." Ephesians 2:3 also establishes this, saying that we are all "by nature children of wrath." If we are all "by nature children of wrath," it can only be because we are all by nature sinners--for God does not direct His wrath towards those who are not guilty. God did not create the human race sinful, but upright.
But we fell into sin and became sinful due to the

sin of Adam.

http://www.desiringgod.org/resource-library/a...

You walked away pretty much like those that did not believe Jesus when he said
“this is MY FLESH which will be given up for me, who ever eats MY FLESH shall live forever”
READ YOUR BIBLE
John 6: 58-66 [this is you]

“War is the father of all”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#466977 Jul 29, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I am confused on what the Pope was saying. Is he gonna allow gay priest and gay membersn the church and will they beable to t the Eucharist? Which would be a no no....
Yes if they're not "practicing gays".
truth

Thornlie, Australia

#466978 Jul 29, 2013
Not me!
Someone liked be bigger then God.

'before great civilization exist'
Where?
but destroy..
Who?

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#466979 Jul 29, 2013
7 things you need to know about what Pope Francis said about gays

Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/blog/jimmy-akin/7-t...
hojo

Chaska, MN

#466980 Jul 29, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Why was the Bible written? Can you answer that question Mr. 42,000?
<quoted text>
Why not just say you have no idea why the Bible was written?
Responding to your anti-catholic "loaded questions" is a TOTAL WASTE OF TIME! Why don't you ask your other 42,000 bible only contradicting and inconsistent "fundies". Each one of them with give you a "different answer" and then you can argue, debate and (rip) each other apart with your "self-opinionated answers"!!!

Location hidden

#466981 Jul 29, 2013
Temudjin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes if they're not "practicing gays".
an other question...what about two gays married to each our(some states allow them to marry now)and they are Catholic.That means they could never have sex with each other so would they still be a good catholic?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min bad bob 7,697
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Gabriel 982,341
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 14 min Squirrel Pot Pie 123,773
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 41 min Tony 6,371
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Charlie Sheen 286,546
Exit the Jewtrix-Free Conspiracy Documentary 2 hr Sparrow 1
News Teacher back in class after Bush-Hitler comparison (Mar '06) 9 hr Ron Paul Liberty 170
More from around the web