Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603381 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#466537 Jul 27, 2013
sorrowful mother
trough mother according Israel you are inheretence

u ime presvetih krvavih suza
tvoje drage i svete majke
koje padaju svaki dan
na ljudski razum svijest i podsvejest
neka dodirnu tvoje srce
u ime onog
koji je bio na krizu
i podnio sve muke
za spasenje od ovog svijeta..
doboko svijesna
svoje nistetnosti
a vase Preuzvisenosti
za sve znakove
i milost koja je meni data
kao i svim nezahvalnim stvorenjima
od ovoga svijeta
nedopusti da se nikada
neotkinu iz zagrljaja
vjere i ljubavi
koji polazu nade u onog
koji nas je oslobodio
svojom krvlju
od kobne vlasti Sotonine..
Ja vjerujem jos od malih nogu
od prvih mojih koraka
slobodna iskrena srca
da si ti onaj Spasitelj koji si spasio svijet
od grijeha smrti i pakla..
koliko je bilo u mojim skromnim mogucnostima stovati tvoju presvetu majku i tvoju prolivenu krv
kako bi bila stovana i velicana gdje mnoge nevjere postaju opet vjerom ili postaju odbaceni upropasteni kao cijenu najvece srece odbacujuci tvoje ime.
Kada bi mogla unistiti sve svoje grijehe
i sve ostale neurednosti koje sam prema tebi Isuse ucinila zato moleci te neka padnu tvoje presvete kapljice krvi na svaki ljudski razum da unistis nevjeru i hladnocu i da oprostis svima koji su krivi..pokazi se jer si ti dostojan te ljubavi.
slobodnu

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#466538 Jul 27, 2013
Christ's Truth is not preserved by 1 man. It is preserved by the Holy Spirit through Christ's Church.This cannot exclude the people of the Church, who often know how Christ's Truth was believed and lived by the people before them.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#466539 Jul 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its also not fair to fault the Church for not knowing about Evolution in the 50's or the Solar System in the 1400's.
Evoulution does not explain how we got here. I assure you, the Church is open to any scientific discovery available because its a window into the mind of God. Therefore we shouldn't become ignorant on the matter just because it disagrees with our 'Bible Only' mentality.
The Earth is much much much older than 6,000 yrs, Rose. This is irrefutable fact. To deny this scientific fact is to shun your nose at the mind God gave us. Forced ignorance is wrong.
s Now now,thats taking the train off on to a dirt road!

http://www.youtube.com/watch... .......

Location hidden

#466540 Jul 27, 2013
sorry that didn't come out right. I was trying to copy and paste your words Clay on the post 466526...I didn't mean to post the utube in reply.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#466541 Jul 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing i could say about that is: if Jesus Christ was truly the Son of God (God Himself made manifest) and our very shot at paradise hinged on our understanding of truth.. then we would need to know what truth is. We would need to know about good, evil, sin and the process of achieving salvation. Right?
After all, God is perfect truth and justice. Why would He leave everyone guessing at what His will is? Why would He require people to decipher through the writings of some of His Apostles in order to establish truth?
Like i stated earlier. Somebody has to be the authority on His Ministry until He gets back. Someones interpretations have to be the truth.
Historically, there has been 266 Bishops of Rome since Saint Peter. Logically, the only way to ensure the continuation of truth for you, me and our grandkids, is to have a succession of entrusted people that you'll protect from error and respect their free will at the same time.( by that i mean our Popes are sinners and some have sinned terribly. BUT they did not change the truth).
As I say your teachings change ..I'll stick with the bible . If a thing was true creation by your church in the fifties and sixties

GOD DID NOT CHANGE what He told us ..why should the Church change it
truth

Perth, Australia

#466542 Jul 27, 2013
slobodnu i iskrena srca
moleci te
ispod tvoga svetog kriza
nemoj gledati
na zemaljske potrebe sjaj i materijalnost
jer su prolaznost od ovoga svijeta
nego na bogastvo duse
koje je utemeljeno
na vjernosti
jer mnoge duse su u tami i mukama

a dusa se koja se neprodaje
svijetli vjecnim svijetlom za sve..

Location hidden

#466543 Jul 27, 2013
I'll have a longer post later that explains in more detail the Orthodox position re Science. The West, comes from a tradition of Scholasticism.When the West got more thoroughly familiarized with Greek Philosophy (much later than the East)through Scolasticism they tried to use philosophy to prove theological ( spiritual) truths.After some time this failed.Yet the West also has a tradition of exchange of dialogue with science,at times seeking proof of spiritual truths through science. The East looks at Science differently.Science has its own area. The Spiritual has theirs.Its not an impenetrable wall. But the Eastern do not look to science to prove or disprove their Truths.First of all Science at times will find a "truth" and later find a later "truth" that disproves it. Science often consists of hypotheses that it cant quite prove. This is close to "faith" rather than "scientific proof".The Orthodox do not look to science to validate or invalidate their Truths.
If it does validate their Truths this is attributable to God is all knowledge.But science can never know the mind of God. We find God through Theosis, relationship, not logic and the intellectual faculties.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#466544 Jul 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its also not fair to fault the Church for not knowing about Evolution in the 50's or the Solar System in the 1400's.
Evoulution does not explain how we got here. I assure you, the Church is open to any scientific discovery available because its a window into the mind of God. Therefore we shouldn't become ignorant on the matter just because it disagrees with our 'Bible Only' mentality.
The Earth is much much much older than 6,000 yrs, Rose. This is irrefutable fact. To deny this scientific fact is to shun your nose at the mind God gave us. Forced ignorance is wrong.
Well He created it all ..hd did not say in the bible the earth was,flat .yer men were called heretics fir saying it wasn't ..again someone's interpretation......He showed us the stars,.

We did not evolve ..I do not care what the Church says on it .

He made Adam and Eve ...body and soul as,HE said ..again I don't t care that now the Church says differently..

Location hidden

#466545 Jul 27, 2013
Sorry,Kaye, but the Orthodox Church does use an allegorical interpretation of some parts of the Bible.The Orthodox Church is not fundamentalist.

Location hidden

#466546 Jul 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
As I say your teachings change ..I'll stick with the bible . If a thing was true creation by your church in the fifties and sixties
GOD DID NOT CHANGE what He told us ..why should the Church change it
catholic church changes its teachings to keep up with the times...follow your hear Rose...,
truth

Perth, Australia

#466548 Jul 27, 2013
majko moja draga
istinito je je sto sam sanjala..

placu a umriti nemogu
rane zive rane
i donese me u svijetlu
i ja vidih
srce koje Nebeska vrata otvara

bolje je biti neroden=better not be born not see that

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#466549 Jul 27, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> catholic church changes its teachings to keep up with the times...follow your hear Rose...,
I will ..there explanation is not biblical .

Just call.me old and stupid

http://www.catholic.com/tracts/adam-eve-and-e...
truth

Perth, Australia

#466550 Jul 27, 2013
srce koje vrata Nebeska otvara..
nk

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#466551 Jul 27, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> catholic church changes its teachings to keep up with the times...follow your hear Rose...,
Science used to study creation ..

Biscuit makes theories ...Lucy the missing link .

Oh wait ..We have a common ancestor...so now the CC says they will go along with science ..on physical creation???

So the TRUTH IN THE SIXTIES out if their OWN SCRIPTURE is NOT TRUE TODAY .

That means as I cannot trust what They taught me ???

Oh well ..I'll just stick to the BIBle ..
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#466552 Jul 27, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Key verse---John 6:63, "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life."
It is the Spirit who gives life.......the flesh is NO HELP at all.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
.....and your point? The words Jesus spoke are indeed Spirit and life!!
It means that "cracker" you eat and call it Jesus has no value at all. Zip! Zilch!! How is that?
truth

Perth, Australia

#466553 Jul 27, 2013
bible is been change many times
posesors and decivers
stay where is not belong to them

what is hide to your eyes
'better not to be born'
they liked died but can't

its brought me on front in 'light'
i walk between them
with light its been free holy ticket instant see that..
marge

Ames, IA

#466554 Jul 27, 2013
who="Seraphima" Happy Anniversity Mr. and Mrs. Confrinting!!!God Bless You Both!!61 years is a long time .Congratulations!!!

Thank you so very much. Bless you.

KM

Blessings Kay Marie and Gif! A Christian marriage is the most beautiful comparison to our personal relationship with Jesus, its the closest thing on earth. We pray for our marriage all the time and it works. Love you both.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#466555 Jul 27, 2013
Simple wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a follower just said he got it right on the point we were discussing. You knew that though and you do not look for truth but to win at words of wit or debate. Truth is not about who can say the most words or be the wittiest or obtuse. Truth is only found by those who seek truth not proving themselves right.
Simple wrote:

There will be no such person.
---

Are you telling me that an infant is capable of sinning???

SIN: Any thought, word, desire, action, or omission of action, contrary to the law of God, or defective when compared with it.

Has got the cat your tongue???!!!! You ain't saying nothin'!!!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#466556 Jul 27, 2013
they will come in my name
its not me
nooooooooooooooo

it is written
Heaven say to Earth..between each other not will be secret.
I say to you..they say who have ear can hear..you can hear even your past away love-ones..remember every spirit is not Holy.
Did you sold your soul..to whom?

Dusa koja se u ispraznost nepredaje ljubi Boga svoga iznad svega.Soul which not give in vain love God imenesly in that heart is light which not going into darkness.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#466557 Jul 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing i could say about that is: if Jesus Christ was truly the Son of God (God Himself made manifest) and our very shot at paradise hinged on our understanding of truth.. then we would need to know what truth is. We would need to know about good, evil, sin and the process of achieving salvation. Right?
After all, God is perfect truth and justice. Why would He leave everyone guessing at what His will is? Why would He require people to decipher through the writings of some of His Apostles in order to establish truth?
Like i stated earlier. Somebody has to be the authority on His Ministry until He gets back. Someones interpretations have to be the truth.
Historically, there has been 266 Bishops of Rome since Saint Peter. Logically, the only way to ensure the continuation of truth for you, me and our grandkids, is to have a succession of entrusted people that you'll protect from error and respect their free will at the same time.( by that i mean our Popes are sinners and some have sinned terribly. BUT they did not change the truth).
Clay wrote:
error: meant Col 2: 11-12. Not Corinthians.
Baptism is the new circumcision.

Scripture teaches not that it is necessary to baptize infants....if it did, Christ, our teacher, would have been baptized as an infant...He was about thirty when John baptized Him...

Ac 16:15 And when she was baptized, and her household, she besought us, saying, If ye have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house, and abide there. And she constrained us.

Note: The argument to support infant baptism is baseless:

Household: of uncertain affinity; a dwelling (more or less extensive, literal or figurative); by implication, a family (more or less related, literally...

It does not give any info on the age of persons in said household in that verse.......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min ffj 880,047
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 min bad bob 177,893
How to do a threesome!! 10 min TPedro 5
News Belichick: Long injury list linked to Super Bow... 10 min Fart news 20
how long after taking the Vivitrol shot can i f... (Nov '12) 16 min Buddha 124
News The Latest: Husband: Kentucky clerk is 'standin... 26 min godless by choice 2
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 33 min Cholan87 1,868
The Christian Atheist debate 34 min messianic114 3,934
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr waaasssuuup 7,643
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr waaasssuuup 8,268
More from around the web