Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 589475 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

socci

Plattsburg, MO

#466490 Jul 27, 2013
Reagan passed amnesty and turned California blue state1

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#466492 Jul 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
Sorry. I have never been this upset on this thread .fir months they have said how wrongg I was to leave the TRUE CHURCH and that I hate it if I bring up history .
That the Church never changes..it's always the TRUTH .
BUT oh wait. we can change or ignore scripture ..the church says it's ok .
The,words given to the OT writers, are not true..
True Church indeed
Rose the Best thing you could ever do was to leave that church!Dont let these catholics upset you.They are nothing but hot air bragging and trying to brain wash whom ever they can.That church has changed so many thing so many times that its pitiful.If you wanna know about the catholic church DONT go to a catholic site or ask a catholic for they will only tell you what they have been told and the so call TRUTH is always hidden even from them by the upper big shots.That church should go into the carpet cleaning business since it does a lot of sweeping stuff under the carpet..lol
truth

Perth, Australia

#466493 Jul 27, 2013
Moses law don't kill.
Jesus come.. law ..love.

Is Levite God?..no

How many God you have?

You liked killed all womens..mothers and female.
According Jew law you are inhereditary trough mother.
According Jewish law Israel must pray.

In blade is soul when Cain kill Abel ..God listen cry.

Scripture mention many many times all mans are siners.

Location hidden

#466494 Jul 27, 2013
Happy Anniversity Mr. and Mrs. Confrinting!!!God Bless You Both!!61 years is a long time .Congratulations!!!

Location hidden

#466495 Jul 27, 2013
Anniversary
truth

Perth, Australia

#466497 Jul 27, 2013
ha ha ha
to be happy or bless have less..

please tell me

Is God Englishman?

Did English language is fun for Satan?

Yes..Satan speak about separation..be bless to have less as poor.

“Unadulterated Grace - Rom 11:6”

Since: Jul 13

Chicagoland

#466498 Jul 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I researched as best as i could on Clement of Alexandria and Origen.
Origen, I was already familiar with, and knew he was a prolific 2nd century scholar, but not a Bishop, Priest or Deacon of the Catholic Church. In fact, he's not even a Saint in either the Orthodox or Catholic Churches.
There is no record of Alexandrine Clement. Perhaps Clement of Alexandria?
Like Origen and Tertullian, he is regarded as a 'church father' due to his contributions as a writer and theologian. Unfortunately, the Orthodox and Catholic Church do not view him as a Saint either, but a scholarly contributor to early Christianity. He was also considered a heretic by many because of his gnostic views.
In a nut shell osas7, its no wonder you found some sites that would attempt to pass these men off as Bishops or Popes who went against the Church. They were, however, educated scholars who did much good for the early Church.
Can you quote me calling them a Pope Or Bishop? I didnt think so. However, they were church fathers(which I actually said before), and they representa some early thoughts in Christianity. Also, Origen was the first to give commentary on the Gospel of Matthew. Again, not everyone held to transubstantiation, which is what I have been saying.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#466499 Jul 27, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Rose the Best thing you could ever do was to leave that church!Dont let these catholics upset you.They are nothing but hot air bragging and trying to brain wash whom ever they can.That church has changed so many thing so many times that its pitiful.If you wanna know about the catholic church DONT go to a catholic site or ask a catholic for they will only tell you what they have been told and the so call TRUTH is always hidden even from them by the upper big shots.That church should go into the carpet cleaning business since it does a lot of sweeping stuff under the carpet..lol
You lose credibility when you chime in about things you know nothing about. It proves you are not interested in truth.

“Unadulterated Grace - Rom 11:6”

Since: Jul 13

Chicagoland

#466500 Jul 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe im just tired. But i swear your link endorses my argument that the OT canon came after Christianity. Around 90 AD?
What do you make of the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls? Clearly Tobit and Sirach were included in these Jews' scriptures.
My Link endorses no Such thing... Free Grace 7 wrote:
<quoted text>I have provided before, a detailed study, on this matter. See here(again):
https://bible.org/article/content-and-extent -...
Simple

United States

#466501 Jul 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe that John Calvin "got it right" HUH?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
From the book,“A History of Christianity … volume 2 Clyde L. Manschreck, Editor, comes the following………
Through a consistory of six clergymen and twelve laymen, Calvin enforced piety and rules of conduct more in the spirit of the Old than the New Testament. His overall rule was “to glorify God and praise him forever,” and the practical means of achieving this was strict discipline. He could not tolerate anything that seemed to dishonor God of the elect, and he punished drunkenness, profanity and divergent views with severity.
(18) Fines were assessed for not attending church, adulterers were sentenced to death, dancing was punishable by imprisonment, a child was beheaded for striking his parents. And a critic was beheaded for placing a placard on Calvin’s pulpit.
Not a follower just said he got it right on the point we were discussing. You knew that though and you do not look for truth but to win at words of wit or debate. Truth is not about who can say the most words or be the wittiest or obtuse. Truth is only found by those who seek truth not proving themselves right.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#466502 Jul 27, 2013
Lets choose life wrote:
<quoted text>You know very little about the Church , rose. Please quit saying you do. I don't know why you left , but what you post here on the Church are lies and some of the things you post are absolutely bizarre, I don't know who told you these lies, but if you want to know about the Church, ask a priest. Tale RCIA classes, the classes start up in August everywhere.
One more time Knit..persnickety ..whoever ..You jump into a conversation ...please,Do not post to me nor insult me or my family again .as you keep doing for months ..it's unseemly ..just Post to others not me .please

FYI i was answering Clay about some posts he made that even you would not agree with .unless you think evolution is fine...if so greAt ..You and Clay can have a,talk

But if you do not believe me fine . Look over today's,posts or not.

If I disagree with something along with the others,who believe in what the bible says ..I will say so..

And even in today's heated debate ..no one was,accusing of lies until you .

I disagreed with Clay and he with me ..But we were courteous about it .

You live to get personal and its not necessary ...

So one more time post how you like But I will not be insulted personally ..again and I do not mean today

Thanks
truth

Perth, Australia

#466503 Jul 27, 2013
Bog nepostupa sa nama po nasim grijesima niti postupa sa nama po nasim krivnjama.
Bog je ljubav.=God is love.
Jesus come because of sinners and sick.
truth

Perth, Australia

#466504 Jul 27, 2013
God know my accusers my abusers my attackers and why?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#466505 Jul 27, 2013
Free Grace 7 wrote:
<quoted text>My Link endorses no Such thing... Free Grace 7 wrote:
<quoted text>I have provided before, a detailed study, on this matter. See here(again):
Have s nice dinner?? Back to the trenches.

I sent today's comments to a Catholic friend who teaches bible study .

She sent me some sites ..But was kind if livid ..She thought ..it was us saying that..

Says that about evolution and Jonah not being what the CC teaches..But lol was hard to tell she was angry
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#466506 Jul 27, 2013
Free Grace 7 wrote:
<quoted text>Can you quote me calling them a Pope Or Bishop? I didnt think so. However, they were church fathers(which I actually said before), and they representa some early thoughts in Christianity. Also, Origen was the first to give commentary on the Gospel of Matthew. Again, not everyone held to transubstantiation, which is what I have been saying.
Goodness, I would say allot more people didn't believe in transubstantiation than you think. It's not an easy Sacrament to comprehend unless you've partook in it or you are familiar with earlier Jewish scriptures.

Even those who knew Christ personally couldn't grasp it...

"Many of His Disciples, when they heard it said, "This is a hard saying. Who can listen to it?"
But Jesus, knowing in himself that his disciples murmured at it, said to them, "Do you take offense at this? What if you were to see the Son of Man ascending where He was before? It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is of no avail; the words that I have spoken to you are SPIRIT AND LIFE.. But there are some of you that do not believe"

After that, many of His disciples had enough and walked away from Our Lord.
truth

Perth, Australia

#466507 Jul 27, 2013
it is written ..
to be happiest one who not see..but believe..and have faith..
it is written
its not give to everyone to see..

God is love.He has not done to us even according our sins..not according our errors..psalm 103
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#466508 Jul 27, 2013
Free Grace 7 wrote:
<quoted text>Can you quote me calling them a Pope Or Bishop? I didnt think so. However, they were church fathers(which I actually said before), and they representa some early thoughts in Christianity. Also, Origen was the first to give commentary on the Gospel of Matthew. Again, not everyone held to transubstantiation, which is what I have been saying.
I didn't say you actually said they were Popes or Bishops. But my first impression was that they had 'some sort of official athoritive opinion on the matter' that's why you decided to quote them i presumed.
As i said, i was familiar with Origen, and knew he was a 2nd century intellectual. There wasn't many educated Christians back then. Men like Origen and Clement of Alexandria were important to the communication of the faith ... Much in the same way that Luke was vital to the Apostle Paul in communicating the faith.
Thats how i see it.
It's ok to study what Origen and Clement of Alex had to say, but it still comes down to what the Church decided was valid. Some of their stuff was in valid. Some were not.

Now, Ignatius of Antioch and Clement of Rome were valid members of the Church heirarchy. They were ordained by the bare hands of the Apostles. What these men had to say about the faith carries great weight. Their writings destroy Protestanism. It validates 2,000 yrs of the Catholic faith.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#466509 Jul 27, 2013
Free Grace 7 wrote:
<quoted text>My Link endorses no Such thing... Free Grace 7 wrote:
Well I went to the site my friend recommended ..third in evolution

Got this
http://www.catholiceducation.org/links/search...

Think I will stick with Genesis from the bible

http://www.catholiceducation.org/links/search...

But may be you can find something useful for YOUR discussion on the site

She also cites,Origen..Ignatius and John Chrystotum ..if that help

As early writers to turn to ...
truth

Perth, Australia

#466510 Jul 27, 2013
it is written
blade of Jesus Christ..Cross

'who is been strip off and put on shame'

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#466511 Jul 27, 2013
who="Seraphima" Happy Anniversity Mr. and Mrs. Confrinting!!!God Bless You Both!!61 years is a long time .Congratulations!!!

Thank you so very much. Bless you.

KM

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Tide with Beach 837,342
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min Epiphany2 612,149
sex (May '13) 4 min vijay 156
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 22 min lil whispers 2,390
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 26 min Pegasus 271,278
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 34 min David play boy 84
9/11&bin 2 hr REV CAROL 1
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 6 hr Rosa_Winkel 4,160
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 hr lisw 176,826
More from around the web