Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
450,021 - 450,040 of 537,423 Comments Last updated 10 min ago

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#466329
Jul 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey believe it if you want. I don't care.
Btw, the Church doesn't deny it or endorse it. They are silent on many OT stories and we are free to decide if we think its a parable -type story or an actual historical account.
** Earlier I said Jonah was a character. I only meant the whale. Jonah was a real person.
JESUS Himself spoke of Jonah in the belly of the whale .

AND YOUR HOLY CATHOLIC CHUTCH IS SILENT ON IT so you can believe WHATEVER you feel like .

Are you serious ..I thought this was the TRUTH FROM THE ONLY TRUE CHURCH and you are free not yo believe it...

Also to believe in evolution as,opposed to the Creation of the bible..

YOUR SUPPOSED BIBLE THAT ONLY YOU PEOPLE A 'RE QUALIFUED TO SAY WHAT IT MEANS,.

so your CHUTCH can change scripture ..follow science ..NO WONDER YOUR CHUTCH DID NOT WANT THE COMMON MAN TO HAVE THEM ..
Ate you serious,

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#466330
Jul 27, 2013
 
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I pray that is so ..God bless you
And I agree on the rich churches..GOD'S,money ..That given to those,asking in His,name is,not for His,preachers,..or churches,.
They need Monet to serve their missions,..even internet and tv ministry .But enrichment ..no way.
Someone gave as site..
I looked up my favorite Christian Charity...
http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm...
They use so little money for administration and fundraising ..all their money goes into helping ..a,lot of it into disaster areas and places like the SUDAN
SAMARITANSPURSE.org
They have a,4 star rating from this,Charity navigator
And wouldn't YOU know they are targeted among other Christian orgs
By t he,I R S.
Along with right leaning 501 and Pro Israel organizations ..
Anyway the point is not all religious orgs who collect money are charlatans.
These,people are at every disaster here and abroad with Practical help.
And did this in some places,like DARFUR way before the CELEBS found it on the map .
Probably the reason thEY were targeted...
The second part of this article is,MOST TELLING
http://www.aish.com/ci/s/52292422.html...
the presidents of these organizations make over $100,000 a year, does that seem right to you? in my state to live a comfortable life, with no back yard pools etc. just a simple ranch with a yard big enough to exercise my dog in and I'd be happy,$50,000 a year would be good enough for me to lead a charity,20-25% for promotions 15 to 20 grand a year for employees, the rest goes to the poor, every dime of it. no poor person shall be turned away, even if forfeiture of part of my salary is needed to help. and I would turn to the employees and ask to do the same.....because of my medical bills and regular bills, I have no money, but I still dig into my pocket and try to find some way to help out. one example, a guy came by in a truck while I was putting my recyclable trash, I had some metal in the pile and he was going to drive by, I guess out of embarrassment, I yelled and waved him back and I said you want the metal in my barrels? he said yes, and I asked you drove by because I was here right? and he said yes, I reassured him not to feel funny about it, you got a family? yes wife two young boys, you working, no got laid off. Never feel embarrassed for taking care of your family in an honest way, would never look down upon you for doing your best, I asked if he had a cell phone and he did, I told him if I come across any metal that he can profit from I'd call him, so I have been, I could keep the metal myself to sell, but I'm better off than he is, my house is paid for so I'll always have a roof over my head, he has a mortgage plus other bills, two kids are not cheap to raise, to give them just the basic necessities you need in life these days, so that is one of my charitable contributions I do to help someone out, who I believe is a decent guy fighting to keep his family together, now if he was a drunk or drug addict I'd tell him to take a hike.

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#466331
Jul 27, 2013
 
Free Grace 7 wrote:
<quoted text>We can go round and round, however, in order to scratch the surface here, we need to examine Christian antiquity, to see if Rome's "claims" stand, as one having Authority over all other churches(early on).
I see your frustration, and yes, I do agree that there are way to many interpretations, for various reasons, however, I do call into your question of "45,000", and would like for you to substantiate such a number, and not only that, show the evidence from one set of numbers, before arriving at "45,000"(which means you will show the link of evidence between the two sets of numbers). Also, where would you appeal for Rome's Authority, other than Scripture? I have asked this question more than once now, and have had no answer.
The Holy Spirit has the Authority in interpretation, and every man that searches, is accountable to God(not anyone else)(See James 3:1) for my line of defense.
Let me interject here ..if there CHURCH has changed its teaching to get along with science ..No God breathing life into Adam???

No Jonah and the whale spoken of by Jesus,.

Monkey ancestors ..earth millions of years old .

Than am most certainly glad they do not have authority .

They say it's,THEIR WRITINGS,..O NKY THEY KNOW WHAT IT SAYS..

But they can deny both creation ..And Jonah ..out of Jesus mouth ..

Basically call I Nguyen Him a liar

There is a word for that thinking ..it begins with an H.

“Unadulterated Grace - Rom 11:6”

Since: Jul 13

Chicagoland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#466332
Jul 27, 2013
 
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
But let's face the truth of the "matter." It gives you an emotional high to believe you speak truth on behalf of a god.
And with no proof that you are telling the truth forthcoming, you can go on preaching until the day you die ... as though what you preach is of the highest value to society.
But that self-hypnosis causes harm to others who might take your VAIN words to heart and believe that they in deed ARE evil sinners.
Be careful when you use a bible to blemish the lives of other humans.
Your self-hypnosis might ultimately come at a high price to your own conscience.
Can you quote me, naming the "sins" of anyone here? If not, isn't it true you are misrepresenting me? The only shot you have at quoting me, is me quoting what the Bible says about the human condition being sinful, however, I have not taken any opportunities of discrediting anyone here because of their short comings.
The harm here, is you insulting repeatedly, instead of engaging the "facts" that are being sourced repeatedly.
I have spent many years, searching these things out, and it's not about me, it's about sharing what I have discovered with others, and hopefully, just hopefully, it will bless someone.

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#466333
Jul 27, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Sorry. I have never been this upset on this thread .fir months they have said how wrongg I was to leave the TRUE CHURCH and that I hate it if I bring up history .

That the Church never changes..it's always the TRUTH .

BUT oh wait. we can change or ignore scripture ..the church says it's ok .

The,words given to the OT writers, are not true..

True Church indeed

“Unadulterated Grace - Rom 11:6”

Since: Jul 13

Chicagoland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#466334
Jul 27, 2013
 
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me interject here ..if there CHURCH has changed its teaching to get along with science ..No God breathing life into Adam???
No Jonah and the whale spoken of by Jesus,.
Monkey ancestors ..earth millions of years old .
Than am most certainly glad they do not have authority .
They say it's,THEIR WRITINGS,..O NKY THEY KNOW WHAT IT SAYS..
But they can deny both creation ..And Jonah ..out of Jesus mouth ..
Basically call I Nguyen Him a liar
There is a word for that thinking ..it begins with an H.
By all means, please do (interject):0)
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#466335
Jul 27, 2013
 
old prophets describe as they see..but not perfection in modern world with modern words as they describe as miracle and some monstrume..but symbolicly in both they been close..yee
it is written about virtue too ''understanding''..who can understood as gift from real Creator as God..
'understanding' is one of virtue..

they told you who can have ear can hear..
i say to you you can hear many voice even past away of your love ones..but every spirit is not holy..

i say to you 'concessness and understanding'

Did God have plain with you?
Who try stop that as well why?

“Unadulterated Grace - Rom 11:6”

Since: Jul 13

Chicagoland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#466336
Jul 27, 2013
 
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you can help me out with what your faith is. Because this is what I see from you all:
1. Christ is not guiding anyone to Biblical truth.
2..Or he's only guiding some of the born agains?
Or just you?
3. Christ and His Apostle were executed so that the world would be confused on the truth, mainly do to inept first and second century Christians- who believed and taught:
A. The Eucharist.
B. infant Baptism
C. Church hierarchy
D. Sunday as the day of the Lord.
4. Christ established a Biblical canon with no Earthly authority to interpret it?
5. The truth (although clearly messed up in the first century) was really messed up when Constantine legalized Christianity and combined Pagan Sun god worship with Christianity in 313 AD?
6. Five of the Apostles wrote letters to people but mysteriously, never explained exactly what they were trying to instruct. The truth was not that essential? Or it took Bible scholars in the 20th century to decipher the Ministry of Jesus Christ?
I literally could go on and on at the thousands of make believe scenarios and lack of logic coming from you guys. The Evangelicals are terrible at addressing the truth. They just mumble: bible bible bible bible. word of God. word of God.
If your scenario is truth, then Christ is a fraud and Christianity is nothing but another Hindu type or ancient mythology religion. Got it? He established Church, not a Book. You now wage a war against this Church with terribly misguided info, slander and propaganda.
Catholic Cardinal and theologian Yves Congar stated:

"The East never accepted the regular jurisdiction of Rome, nor did it submit to the judgment of Western bishops. Its appeals to Rome for help were not connected with a recognition of the principle of Roman jurisdiction but were based on the view that Rome had the same truth, the same good. The East jealously protected its autonomous way of life. Rome intervened to safeguard the observation of legal rules, to maintain the orthodoxy of faith and to ensure communion between the two parts of the church, the Roman see representing and personifying the West...In according Rome a ‘primacy of honour’, the East avoided basing this primacy on the succession and the still living presence of the apostle Peter. A modus vivendi was achieved which lasted, albeit with crises, down to the middle of the eleventh century."
Congar. Y.,(1982) Diversity and Communion (Mystic: Twenty–Third), pp. 26–27

Who is Yves Congar:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yves_Congar

You see, the "East" NEVER seen Rome as Rome sees herself, even from early on Christianity.

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#466337
Jul 27, 2013
 
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>the presidents of these organizations make over $100,000 a year, does that seem right to you? in my state to live a comfortable life, with no back yard pools etc. just a simple ranch with a yard big enough to exercise my dog in and I'd be happy,$50,000 a year would be good enough for me to lead a charity,20-25% for promotions 15 to 20 grand a year for employees, the rest goes to the poor, every dime of it. no poor person shall be turned away, even if forfeiture of part of my salary is needed to help. and I would turn to the employees and ask to do the same.....because of my medical bills and regular bills, I have no money, but I still dig into my pocket and try to find some way to help out. one example, a guy came by in a truck while I was putting my recyclable trash, I had some metal in the pile and he was going to drive by, I guess out of embarrassment, I yelled and waved him back and I said you want the metal in my barrels? he said yes, and I asked you drove by because I was here right? and he said yes, I reassured him not to feel funny about it, you got a family? yes wife two young boys, you working, no got laid off. Never feel embarrassed for taking care of your family in an honest way, would never look down upon you for doing your best, I asked if he had a cell phone and he did, I told him if I come across any metal that he can profit from I'd call him, so I have been, I could keep the metal myself to sell, but I'm better off than he is, my house is paid for so I'll always have a roof over my head, he has a mortgage plus other bills, two kids are not cheap to raise, to give them just the basic necessities you need in life these days, so that is one of my charitable contributions I do to help someone out, who I believe is a decent guy fighting to keep his family together, now if he was a drunk or drug addict I'd tell him to take a hike.
This charity spends MOST OF ITS MONEY on disaster relief. About 10 percent on find raising and administration

Designing shelters shelters for Haiti ..Risking their lives in Darfur.
Which our great leaders support their tormentors .

They were right THERR in Texas this year and on the heels of that in Oklahoma,..building and feeding folks .

That Navigator site has them at the highest rating ..compare that yo other charities..who spend tons to get MORE MONEY ..WHO D OEND YOND ON ADMINISTRATION.

I knew that already but it's nice to see it verified by an unbiased source .

I will give EHAT little I have to them any day .

“Unadulterated Grace - Rom 11:6”

Since: Jul 13

Chicagoland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#466338
Jul 27, 2013
 
Carlton says
"Contrary to popular opinion, the word catholic does not mean "universal"; it means "whole, complete, lacking nothing." ...Thus , to confess the Church to be catholic is to say that She possesses the fullness of the Christian faith. To say, however, that Orthodox and Rome constitute two lungs of the same Church is to deny that either Church separately is catholic in any meaningful sense of the term. This is not only contrary to the teaching of Orthodoxy, it is flatly contrary to the teaching of the Roman Catholic Church, which considered itself truly catholic"

Carlton, C.,(1999), "The Truth: What Every Roman Catholic Should know about the Orthodox Church",(Regina Orthodox Press; Salisbury, MA), p22.

Case in point:
It is my contention, that NEITHER the Rcc or Greek Orthodox are truly "catholic" by definition in totality. The Great Schism, can be thanked for that.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#466339
Jul 27, 2013
 
RoSesz wrote:
Sorry. I have never been this upset on this thread .fir months they have said how wrongg I was to leave the TRUE CHURCH and that I hate it if I bring up history .
That the Church never changes..it's always the TRUTH .
BUT oh wait. we can change or ignore scripture ..the church says it's ok .
The,words given to the OT writers, are not true..
True Church indeed
I'm going to guess that you believe the Earth is 5,000 yrs old?

“Unadulterated Grace - Rom 11:6”

Since: Jul 13

Chicagoland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#466340
Jul 27, 2013
 
Tertullian
"Was anything withheld from the knowledge of Peter, who is called "the rock on which the church should be built," who also obtained "the keys of the kingdom of heaven," with the power of "loosing and binding in heaven and on earth?" Was ANYTHING, again, CONCEALED FROM JOHN, the Lord's most beloved disciple, who used to lean on His breast to whom alone the Lord pointed Judas out as the traitor, whom He commended to Mary as a son in His own stead?"

The Prescription Against Heretics Chapter XXII.-Attempt to Invalidate This Rule of Faith Rebutted. The Apostles Safe Transmitters of the Truth. Sufficiently Taught at First, and Faithful in the Transmission.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#466341
Jul 27, 2013
 
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I pray that is so ..God bless you
And I agree on the rich churches..GOD'S,money ..That given to those,asking in His,name is,not for His,preachers,..or churches,.
They need Monet to serve their missions,..even internet and tv ministry .But enrichment ..no way.
Someone gave as site..
I looked up my favorite Christian Charity...
http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm...
They use so little money for administration and fundraising ..all their money goes into helping ..a,lot of it into disaster areas and places like the SUDAN
SAMARITANSPURSE.org
They have a,4 star rating from this,Charity navigator
And wouldn't YOU know they are targeted among other Christian orgs
By t he,I R S.
Along with right leaning 501 and Pro Israel organizations ..
Anyway the point is not all religious orgs who collect money are charlatans.
These,people are at every disaster here and abroad with Practical help.
And did this in some places,like DARFUR way before the CELEBS found it on the map .
Probably the reason thEY were targeted...
The second part of this article is,MOST TELLING
http://www.aish.com/ci/s/52292422.html...
one thing I will not do is donate to any charity that has any connection to organized religion, I donate to local charities to help out the town I grew up in, I support school sports programs and things of that nature, I find it deplorable, that the federal government does not have a fund for school sports or anything that encourages kids to get an exercise, my childhood was spent exploring the woods and swamp that was near my house before it was turned into a apartment complex/strip mall, then I discovered football watched it on tv and it piqued my interest so started playing ball with neighborhood kids in the street, we were constantly covered with road rash bruises, lumps of various sizes, woke up the next day and could barely get out of bed, but I loved it, played in grammar school, jr. high, could not play on the high school team because I went to the vocational part of the school so I was ineligible, the coach tried to get that rule waived because he was my jr. high coach, so he knew I could play, and I could it was the one sport I was really good at, played running back and third down linebacker with 12 sacks in 2 yrs.I was small 5-8 165 lbs, so I was quick and hard to tackle, I took advantage of my stature and used it well, since I couldn't play high school ball, the coach recommended me to a friend of his who coached a semi-pro team in the eastern football league, I tried out and made the team played 2 yrs. before a cheap shot to the back of my knee put me out of the game for good. and yes I am proud of what I accomplished in those two years 2200 yds. 26 td's, I didn't keep track of it that much but I caught about 75 to 80 passes out of the back field. for two years that's not bad and yes I"M PROUD OF IT.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#466342
Jul 27, 2013
 
Whats deference between Levite law and Mosess law and Jesus?
Who is Annanias and Paul?

Who is John and Jesus?

I say to you it is written who even ad anything in holy Scripture whats to going happen up to tree of family generations.

It is written who have ear can hear..but every voice and spirit is not Holy!

love your God with your heart and mind..its love between you and your God..yourson or dauther or supouse not going save you..it is your mediator its your love for your God who going save you.
it is written love your god as yourself.

no any supouse no any mother no any father no any child ..its you my God..its written each soul going to be judge by Almighty..

who ever ad anything over real creation going be fall..it is written..

“Unadulterated Grace - Rom 11:6”

Since: Jul 13

Chicagoland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#466343
Jul 27, 2013
 
Cyprian(whom at one time opposed Pope Stephen):

"It remains, that upon this same matter each of us should bring forward what we think, judging no man, nor rejecting any one from the right of communion, if he should think differently from us. For neither does any of us set himself up as a BISHOP OF BISHOPS, nor by tyrannical terror does any compel his colleague to the necessity of obedience; since every bishop, according to the allowance of his liberty and power, has HIS OWN PROPER RIGHT OF JUDGEMENT, and can no more be judged by another than he himself can judge another. But let us all wait for the judgment of our Lord Jesus Christ, who is the only one that has the power both of preferring us in the government of His Church, and of judging us in our conduct there." The Seventh Council of Carthage; The Synod held at Carthage over which presided the Great and Holy Martyr Cyprian, Bishop of Carthage.
^^^
"But let us all wait for the judgment of our Lord Jesus Christ"

Clay, remember me quoting James 3:1 ?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#466344
Jul 27, 2013
 
which law
explain please

no mother
not father
not son
no daughter
not supouse

its you my God

love your God with heart and mind
it is written only one Mediator..

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#466345
Jul 27, 2013
 
hojo wrote:

<quoted text>
I don't pay attention or give ANY credibility to "anti-catholic" (hack writers), such as this, who have a hostile and vindictive agenda against Jesus Christ HIMSELF and HIS (historically and biblically PROVEN One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.
Wow HoJo, talk about putting your head in the sand. Stupid is as stupid does. JETHRO: catholic writers were hacks but that's ok. making up phony traditions and coming up with new forms of torturing people to follow the unholy church, and schemes to make money, like the funniest I think, they took pieces of wood declared they came from Jesus' cross decorated the wood with feathers and any odd trinket they could find, an charge tourists so much for each different size. and people being gullible bought them, probably out of fear they would be beaten if they didn't.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#466346
Jul 27, 2013
 
June VanDerMark wrote:
Original version of the Christian hymn
Jesus loves me! this I know,
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong;
they are weak but He is strong.
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
My version.
Jesus doesn’t love me, this I know
For the bible tells me so
He only accepts those who belong
To the Christian faith, and that is wrong
No, Jesus doesn’t love me
No, Jesus doesn’t love me
No, Jesus doesn’t love me
The bible tells me so.
well he must hate himself since he is not Christian.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#466347
Jul 27, 2013
 
it is written ..they liked turn over against each other son against father mothers daughters and much more..o you wicket which can't have holy ticket..

because of that reason love your god as yourself..
your god know every weakness of you
every error

but God can lead you to be save..

Did God have plain with you?
Who try stop that as well why?
Human Being

Iowa, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#466348
Jul 27, 2013
 
RoSesz wrote:
Sorry. I have never been this upset on this thread .fir months they have said how wrongg I was to leave the TRUE CHURCH and that I hate it if I bring up history .
That the Church never changes..it's always the TRUTH .
BUT oh wait. we can change or ignore scripture ..the church says it's ok .
The,words given to the OT writers, are not true..
True Church indeed
RoSesz:

Don't get upset....

At any moment in time, each of us may believe the scriptures are informing us differently than in the past, or future. It is merely our understanding that changes.

Keep in mind that all scripture tends to point to Jesus. And those that teach scripture should have this in mind....

All scripture is seen as literal, figurative, and spiritual.

Most "interpreting" which goes on, like on this thread, is merely emphasizing one of these three ways one views the scripture at any one time....

(Sometimes people try to put what they understand of this world into scripture.)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 11 min WildWeirdWillie 173,012
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 12 min Wordsworth 4,268
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 12 min Faith 117,887
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min Karma is a_______ 730,926
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 17 min Rosa_Winkel 94,424
Last Word + 2 33 min andet1987 428
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 42 min Dave Nelson 225,727
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 259,391
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 13 hr monu chauhan 104

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••