Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 691912 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#466526 Jul 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Point taken ..evidently there is some confusion on this .
I'll stick with Creation ..God did it all .
Tried a site a friend gave me Catholic ..was more confused then BEFIRE frankly ..can't expect you to see things better than they do ..since I cannot tell what exactly her site is saying.
The bible stories with have to do ..
What Km saying CLAY is they were good enough to teach in the fifties ..guess they changed things or became unclear ..it did not used to be ambiguous
And in every thing I learned as protestant ..it still isn't :)
Its also not fair to fault the Church for not knowing about Evolution in the 50's or the Solar System in the 1400's.

Evoulution does not explain how we got here. I assure you, the Church is open to any scientific discovery available because its a window into the mind of God. Therefore we shouldn't become ignorant on the matter just because it disagrees with our 'Bible Only' mentality.

The Earth is much much much older than 6,000 yrs, Rose. This is irrefutable fact. To deny this scientific fact is to shun your nose at the mind God gave us. Forced ignorance is wrong.

“Unadulterated Grace - Rom 11:6”

Since: Jul 13

Chicagoland

#466527 Jul 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing i could say about that is: if Jesus Christ was truly the Son of God (God Himself made manifest) and our very shot at paradise hinged on our understanding of truth.. then we would need to know what truth is. We would need to know about good, evil, sin and the process of achieving salvation. Right?
After all, God is perfect truth and justice. Why would He leave everyone guessing at what His will is? Why would He require people to decipher through the writings of some of His Apostles in order to establish truth?
Like i stated earlier. Somebody has to be the authority on His Ministry until He gets back. Someones interpretations have to be the truth.
Historically, there has been 266 Bishops of Rome since Saint Peter. Logically, the only way to ensure the continuation of truth for you, me and our grandkids, is to have a succession of entrusted people that you'll protect from error and respect their free will at the same time.( by that i mean our Popes are sinners and some have sinned terribly. BUT they did not change the truth).
I asked what source. What is your answer? Is it succession? If so, whats to say yours is more reliable than the Orthodox? Again, what source? How do you prove succession is valid to prove Authority?
truth

Thornlie, Australia

#466528 Jul 27, 2013
it is written who betray..
sorrowful mother
tears=psalm 22 Jesus Christ not forget his tears
tuzna majka ispod kriza stase
tuzno uzdisase
vele gorke jade ima
ko te sine izda=betray =Juda
i u zidivske ruke prida..

klanjamo se tebi Isuse
i blagoslivamo tebe
jer si po svom svetom krizu=holy Cross
svijet otkupio..
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Willow River, Canada

#466529 Jul 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing i could say about that is: if Jesus Christ was truly the Son of God (God Himself made manifest) and our very shot at paradise hinged on our understanding of truth.
What do you think would occur if every person in every religion replaced the word god with the word LOVE?

Would people continue to fight over who "LOVE" loved and who "LOVE" didn't love?

My guess is they would feel quite silly over such a debate.

"Love loves me."

No ... Love only loves me."

:)
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#466530 Jul 27, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Key verse---John 6:63, "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life."
It is the Spirit who gives life.......the flesh is NO HELP at all.
.....and your point? The words Jesus spoke are indeed Spirit and life!!
June VanDerMark

Willow River, Canada

#466531 Jul 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll stick with Creation ..God did it all .
The Grapple Tree (Harpagophytum procumbens) of South Africa produces a fearsome fruit called the “Devil’s Claw” which has been known to kill a lion. The fruit is covered in fierce hooks, which latch on to passing animals. In trying to shake the fruit off, the animal disperses the seeds but at the same time, the hooks sink deeper into the creature’s flesh. If the animal touches the fruit with its mouth, the fruit will attach itself to the animal’s jaw, inflicting great pain and preventing it from eating. Antelopes are usually the victims.
June VanDerMark

Willow River, Canada

#466532 Jul 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll stick with Creation ..God did it all.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

According to the theology, the god commanded you to take part in his violent "fun," and you are not obeying his will. What's the matter with you anyway???

Tongue in cheek
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed.(Leviticus 20:9)

If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die.(Leviticus 20:10).

If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death.(Leviticus 20:11)

If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death.(Leviticus 20:14)

If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed.(Leviticus 20:15-16).

If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)

Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death.(Leviticus 20:27)

If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake.(Leviticus 21:9)

People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)

Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community.(Leviticus 24:14-16)
marge

Leesburg, GA

#466533 Jul 27, 2013
Simple wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong! Baptism is necessary.
Holy Spirit Baptism done by Jesus is a must, water baptism is a testimony to that Holy Spirit Baptism, but not a must.
June VanDerMark

Willow River, Canada

#466534 Jul 27, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy Spirit Baptism done by Jesus is a must, water baptism is a testimony to that Holy Spirit Baptism, but not a must.
Such rituals were first planted as seeds in your psyche.

Had no one ever mentioned the words baptism or Jesus to you ... you would not know of those two words, as it would not be possible.

Information has to have gone in and been accepted as being credible before it comes back out the mouth or through the key-board.

Had you been raised as a Muslim, you would now be preaching from the Qur'an.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#466535 Jul 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You lose credibility when you chime in about things you know nothing about. It proves you are not interested in truth.
The opposite.You lose the credibillty with proven facts which your church refuses to admit too.It is YOU that refuses to see the thruth due to pride,arrogance,and a whole host of other sins.Your church needs to become humble and stop the lieing and corruption.The problem is your church got to big for its britches.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#466536 Jul 27, 2013
Free Grace 7 wrote:
<quoted text>The Spirit gives life, and the flesh is of no avail. Being a "disciple", does not always mean believer. Take Judas for example(See John 6).
Also, since most were not educated(per your previous comment), then they bought what some others believed, not being able to investigate. Also, you assume, all others believe as you do, but you have none of their writings, to back up Such a assertion.
"the words that I have spoken to you are Spirit and life"

I don't think Christ was canceling out His previous statements..

He's saying the Eucharist is Spiritual nourishment. Thats what Catholics believe.
Its not a food for our physical nourishment like carrots and beef.
truth

Thornlie, Australia

#466537 Jul 27, 2013
sorrowful mother
trough mother according Israel you are inheretence

u ime presvetih krvavih suza
tvoje drage i svete majke
koje padaju svaki dan
na ljudski razum svijest i podsvejest
neka dodirnu tvoje srce
u ime onog
koji je bio na krizu
i podnio sve muke
za spasenje od ovog svijeta..
doboko svijesna
svoje nistetnosti
a vase Preuzvisenosti
za sve znakove
i milost koja je meni data
kao i svim nezahvalnim stvorenjima
od ovoga svijeta
nedopusti da se nikada
neotkinu iz zagrljaja
vjere i ljubavi
koji polazu nade u onog
koji nas je oslobodio
svojom krvlju
od kobne vlasti Sotonine..
Ja vjerujem jos od malih nogu
od prvih mojih koraka
slobodna iskrena srca
da si ti onaj Spasitelj koji si spasio svijet
od grijeha smrti i pakla..
koliko je bilo u mojim skromnim mogucnostima stovati tvoju presvetu majku i tvoju prolivenu krv
kako bi bila stovana i velicana gdje mnoge nevjere postaju opet vjerom ili postaju odbaceni upropasteni kao cijenu najvece srece odbacujuci tvoje ime.
Kada bi mogla unistiti sve svoje grijehe
i sve ostale neurednosti koje sam prema tebi Isuse ucinila zato moleci te neka padnu tvoje presvete kapljice krvi na svaki ljudski razum da unistis nevjeru i hladnocu i da oprostis svima koji su krivi..pokazi se jer si ti dostojan te ljubavi.
slobodnu

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#466538 Jul 27, 2013
Christ's Truth is not preserved by 1 man. It is preserved by the Holy Spirit through Christ's Church.This cannot exclude the people of the Church, who often know how Christ's Truth was believed and lived by the people before them.

Location hidden

#466539 Jul 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its also not fair to fault the Church for not knowing about Evolution in the 50's or the Solar System in the 1400's.
Evoulution does not explain how we got here. I assure you, the Church is open to any scientific discovery available because its a window into the mind of God. Therefore we shouldn't become ignorant on the matter just because it disagrees with our 'Bible Only' mentality.
The Earth is much much much older than 6,000 yrs, Rose. This is irrefutable fact. To deny this scientific fact is to shun your nose at the mind God gave us. Forced ignorance is wrong.
s Now now,thats taking the train off on to a dirt road!

http://www.youtube.com/watch... .......

Location hidden

#466540 Jul 27, 2013
sorry that didn't come out right. I was trying to copy and paste your words Clay on the post 466526...I didn't mean to post the utube in reply.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#466541 Jul 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing i could say about that is: if Jesus Christ was truly the Son of God (God Himself made manifest) and our very shot at paradise hinged on our understanding of truth.. then we would need to know what truth is. We would need to know about good, evil, sin and the process of achieving salvation. Right?
After all, God is perfect truth and justice. Why would He leave everyone guessing at what His will is? Why would He require people to decipher through the writings of some of His Apostles in order to establish truth?
Like i stated earlier. Somebody has to be the authority on His Ministry until He gets back. Someones interpretations have to be the truth.
Historically, there has been 266 Bishops of Rome since Saint Peter. Logically, the only way to ensure the continuation of truth for you, me and our grandkids, is to have a succession of entrusted people that you'll protect from error and respect their free will at the same time.( by that i mean our Popes are sinners and some have sinned terribly. BUT they did not change the truth).
As I say your teachings change ..I'll stick with the bible . If a thing was true creation by your church in the fifties and sixties

GOD DID NOT CHANGE what He told us ..why should the Church change it
truth

Thornlie, Australia

#466542 Jul 27, 2013
slobodnu i iskrena srca
moleci te
ispod tvoga svetog kriza
nemoj gledati
na zemaljske potrebe sjaj i materijalnost
jer su prolaznost od ovoga svijeta
nego na bogastvo duse
koje je utemeljeno
na vjernosti
jer mnoge duse su u tami i mukama

a dusa se koja se neprodaje
svijetli vjecnim svijetlom za sve..

Location hidden

#466543 Jul 27, 2013
I'll have a longer post later that explains in more detail the Orthodox position re Science. The West, comes from a tradition of Scholasticism.When the West got more thoroughly familiarized with Greek Philosophy (much later than the East)through Scolasticism they tried to use philosophy to prove theological ( spiritual) truths.After some time this failed.Yet the West also has a tradition of exchange of dialogue with science,at times seeking proof of spiritual truths through science. The East looks at Science differently.Science has its own area. The Spiritual has theirs.Its not an impenetrable wall. But the Eastern do not look to science to prove or disprove their Truths.First of all Science at times will find a "truth" and later find a later "truth" that disproves it. Science often consists of hypotheses that it cant quite prove. This is close to "faith" rather than "scientific proof".The Orthodox do not look to science to validate or invalidate their Truths.
If it does validate their Truths this is attributable to God is all knowledge.But science can never know the mind of God. We find God through Theosis, relationship, not logic and the intellectual faculties.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#466544 Jul 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Well He created it all ..hd did not say in the bible the earth was,flat .yer men were called heretics fir saying it wasn't ..again someone's interpretation......He showed us the stars,.

We did not evolve ..I do not care what the Church says on it .

He made Adam and Eve ...body and soul as,HE said ..again I don't t care that now the Church says differently..

Location hidden

#466545 Jul 27, 2013
Sorry,Kaye, but the Orthodox Church does use an allegorical interpretation of some parts of the Bible.The Orthodox Church is not fundamentalist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Eagle 12 - 990,657
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 8 min WiseMan3 45,809
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 40 min Classic 4,396
__POPE & ISRAEL to SIGN Historic Agreement__ 58 min Dec 2017 News 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Eagle 12 - 6,687
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 2 hr Exposing Devil Lies 368
"Come on in the house,A.C. We wanna talk to O.J." 9 hr Doctor REALITY 1
More from around the web