Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599312 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#466190 Jul 26, 2013
Free Grace 7 wrote:
If you have something to say to me...say it..I will respond...

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#466191 Jul 26, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
wow that was good teaching and I agree with it, experienced it, and is Truth as I see it.
What does Preston and mr and mrs Gif think?
It's about time the so-called born-agains get on this same page, it's the only subject left that causes others to see division.
didn't read it. My IQ is around 140 or so which means that I don't NEED the opinion of another person like DOM does. the Bible is clear that if you Marge cant understand it, then ask the holy Ghost to give you the wisdom to understand His Word.

so far and as long as you have been on this forum, I have seen nothing but ignorance from you when it comes to the FULL understanding of the Word of God.

Hasn't your husband who is supposed to be the head of your household taught you anything about the Bible?

DOM is very intelligent but not Knowledgable about the Word and there is a difference, a great difference.

CUT AND PASTE ONLY INDICATES INTELLIGENCE, NOT KNOWLEDGE.

ANY ONE CAN CUT AND PASTE.

as for me, and GIF, we are TEACHERS, not students!

Location hidden

#466192 Jul 26, 2013
Free Grace 7 wrote:
<quoted text> :)
cant you use and give YOUR OWN OPINE, instead of relying on the shirttails of others ,just as you used to do with me.lol

Location hidden

#466193 Jul 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
No idea..I posted it to you ..OSAS is a good teacher and knew this was getting to the heart if the matter IMO.
I can't cut and paste,it or I WOULD.:)
Rose, if you are saying that OSAS is Dom, and is a good teacher, you are wrong.

a Good Bible Teacher uses his own knowledge to impart to a student what the bible says, not what another person believes it says.

and where does that Bible teacher get his knowledge, first, he is called by God to be a teacher, second, he studies the Bible and meditates on it, both day and night. third, he lives the Bible in all of his doings, it is a fallacy to believe that you can be a Bible teacher(different than strictly a Bible Scholar, which is what Dom is, imo)and not adhere to ALL of its Teachings. Tony fits this mode, and I don't believe that DOM does.

look at GIF and myself. when we speak, it is what the Bible says, not a a. rogers, a murray or a b graham.

If we quote another person, it will be a king David, A Paul, a Simon Peter or a John, or other Bible persons.

see the difference?.

over 30 years ago, people flocked to hear Hal Lindsay, a Bible Scholar speak about How the earth will see the Coming of the Lord in just a few years. and yet the Bible clearly said using the Words of Jesus, that no man knows the day or the hour

Location hidden

#466194 Jul 26, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
wow that was good teaching and I agree with it, experienced it, and is Truth as I see it.
What does Preston and mr and mrs Gif think?
It's about time the so-called born-agains get on this same page, it's the only subject left that causes others to see division.
which is why I tried to get you to shut up about it and when DOM came back, I suggested the same thing to him and he threw the gauntlet right back at me indicating that he prefers a argument rather than shutting up and not bringing it up against another Christian on here.

silence aint all bad, you should try it some time, like say 90 years or so.

Location hidden

#466195 Jul 27, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>didn't read it. My IQ is around 140 or so which means that I don't NEED the opinion of another person like DOM does. the Bible is clear that if you Marge cant understand it, then ask the holy Ghost to give you the wisdom to understand His Word.
so far and as long as you have been on this forum, I have seen nothing but ignorance from you when it comes to the FULL understanding of the Word of God.
Hasn't your husband who is supposed to be the head of your household taught you anything about the Bible?
DOM is very intelligent but not Knowledgable about the Word and there is a difference, a great difference.
CUT AND PASTE ONLY INDICATES INTELLIGENCE, NOT KNOWLEDGE.
ANY ONE CAN CUT AND PASTE.
as for me, and GIF, we are TEACHERS, not students!
Atemcowboy who uses granddaughter to hide...

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>at no time have I ever suggest that any person reach out for the Baptism of the Holy Ghost as a definite second work of Grace on this forum.
and FYI, I Pastored a church that had split many years ago over that Work. I was with the one that didn't leave(just like Hermi differing with Anthony) and didn't believe in Holiness.
did that make me a hypocrite, NOPE> when I went before the Ordination Board, I told them when I was Saved, and I will admit that I was grilled for over a half hour and I never wavered. one night my pastor asked me why I was in this denomination instead of the other and my words to him were these. I believe the Sanctified person goes where God wants him to go,and does what God wants him to do.there were no more questions asked of me. from that point on.
my convictions are what I live, the Bible is what I have Preached. Amen!

This tripe is not supported by Scripture....

According to some Christian traditions, a second work of grace is a transforming interaction with God which may occur in the life of a Christian. The defining characteristics of this event are that it is separate from and subsequent to salvation (the first work of grace), and that it brings about significant changes in the life of the believer.
Pure nonsense: In the Holiness movement, the second work of grace is considered to be a cleansing from the tendency to commit sin, an experience called entire sanctification which leads to Christian perfection.

You are a phony....

Location hidden

#466196 Jul 27, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>which is why I tried to get you to shut up about it and when DOM came back, I suggested the same thing to him and he threw the gauntlet right back at me indicating that he prefers a argument rather than shutting up and not bringing it up against another Christian on here.
silence aint all bad, you should try it some time, like say 90 years or so.
Atemcowboy....man called of God...hiding behind the skirts of granddaughter...

Atemcowboy said"

my granddaughters testimony on facebook.

A month ago i re-entered church and asked god to be apart of my life,Not because he had given up on me but because i had given up living my life for him. I thought this experience would be a breeze but its been one of the roughest rides ive been on. This past week has been filled with nothing but heart break,And it threw me off in the beginning but its opened my eyes to many things. I see how this life is short and im completely done with thinking were guaranteed tomorrow.I have a wonderful life and some pretty special people in it and its time to start appreciating it more!— feeling blessed.

If that is a testimony of one's Salvation...I will eat it!!!

Location hidden

#466197 Jul 27, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Rose, if you are saying that OSAS is Dom, and is a good teacher, you are wrong.
a Good Bible Teacher uses his own knowledge to impart to a student what the bible says, not what another person believes it says.
and where does that Bible teacher get his knowledge, first, he is called by God to be a teacher, second, he studies the Bible and meditates on it, both day and night. third, he lives the Bible in all of his doings, it is a fallacy to believe that you can be a Bible teacher(different than strictly a Bible Scholar, which is what Dom is, imo)and not adhere to ALL of its Teachings. Tony fits this mode, and I don't believe that DOM does.
look at GIF and myself. when we speak, it is what the Bible says, not a a. rogers, a murray or a b graham.
If we quote another person, it will be a king David, A Paul, a Simon Peter or a John, or other Bible persons.
see the difference?.
over 30 years ago, people flocked to hear Hal Lindsay, a Bible Scholar speak about How the earth will see the Coming of the Lord in just a few years. and yet the Bible clearly said using the Words of Jesus, that no man knows the day or the hour
Atemcowboy....your "I was called of God" is as believable as the message of the pink rabbit...

You are a phony....

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#466198 Jul 27, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Rose, if you are saying that OSAS is Dom, and is a good teacher, you are wrong.
see the difference?.
I did not wish to start dissension ..really .

I knew,Marge was,having the same confusion I as.

Dom? Showed me a teaching that was enlightening
I passed it to Marge,

Please,don't blame them .it was,my fault.:(

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#466199 Jul 27, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Atemcowboy....man called of God...hiding behind the skirts of granddaughter...
Atemcowboy said"
my granddaughters testimony on facebook.
A month ago i re-entered church and asked god to be apart of my life,Not because he had given up on me but because i had given up living my life for him. I thought this experience would be a breeze but its been one of the roughest rides ive been on. This past week has been filled with nothing but heart break,And it threw me off in the beginning but its opened my eyes to many things. I see how this life is short and im completely done with thinking were guaranteed tomorrow.I have a wonderful life and some pretty special people in it and its time to start appreciating it more!— feeling blessed.
If that is a testimony of one's Salvation...I will eat it!!!
Ox really

Why are you having such a hard time with what this,child
Posted on a,social network from her phone

In this,day and age children are ashamed to talk about belief

To mention GOD even can cause them to be ostracized by their peers.

If my grandchild did such a thing I would be very proud ..caps or not .

Mine are too young for phones, but I hope they have such a testimony in the future:)
Clay

Chicago, IL

#466200 Jul 27, 2013
Free Grace 7 wrote:
Those who denied the canonicity of most (if not all) of the apocrypha (i.e. they denied the Roman Catholic canon) throughout the centuries:
Jews Prior to Jamnia
The Talmud
Philo of Alexandria
Jesus ben Sirah
The Essenes
Josephus
Church Fathers
Melito of Sardis
Julius Africanus
Origen
Hilary of Poitiers
Cyril of Jerusalem
Athanasius
Epiphanius
Gregory Nazianzus
Amphilochius
Basil the Great
Rufinus
Jerome
Anastasius of Antioch
Primasius
Nicolas of Lyra
Pope Gregory the Great
John of Damascus
Medieval Writers
Glossa Ordinaria
Cardinal Cajetan
The Venerable Bede
Agobard of Lyons
Alcuin
Walafrid Strabo
Haymo of Halberstadt
Ambrose of Autpert
Radulphus Flavicencius
Hugh of St. Victor
Richard of St. Victor
John of Salisbury
Peter Cellensis
Rupert of Deutz
Honorius of Autun
Peter Comestor
Peter Mauritius
Adam Scotus
Hugh of St. Cher
Philip of Harvengt
Nicholas of Lyra
William of Ockham
Antoninus
Alonso Tostado
Dionysius the Carthusian
Thomas Walden
Jean Driedo
John Ferus
Jacobus Faber Stapulensis
your very first example is a lie. There is no need to examine the next 50.

Your list only proves why Christ set up an authority to make those decisions. you seem to think Our Lord set up this doctrinal free for all we call 'Protestantism'

Since: Nov 08

usa

#466201 Jul 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The early ape-like humans had imaginations that went flying off in all directions, and in that regard nothing has changed.
There is not a religion on earth that didn't have "teachers" who were certain they should be leaders of others.
Even the Buddhist teachings encourage "followers" to think on their own ... but within that milieu to be sure to believe in reincarnation, with the untouchables being the most unfortunate ones that have to reincarnate countless times to suffer more and more before they reached enlightenment as was and is the lofty position of their "teachers."
When someone promises you that if you follow their string of words you will attain enlightenment (eternal bliss)... it's time to run the other way.
I've never ran from anything in my life, there will always be men in the world that get a taste of a little power and they get hungry for more, especially when they see there is money to be made in it, that's why we have so many of these phony tv evangelists, living mansions, collecting antique airplanes and cars, art work, and yet there thousands out there starving, they claim to of heard the calling, to go out and spread gods word, did god also tell them to squeeze every penny out of them that they could?? them tell these poor people to just have faith? how can people be so blind not to realize they are being duped, I'll never understand it.

usa

#466202 Jul 27, 2013
tis is for those who have wished me well during my cancer battle and said prayers for me and given their best wishes, I had my tests done a few days ago and a small inoperable tumor show up in the middle of my back, there hoping a new radiation technique, will take care of the problem, so it sit and wait time, it was caught very early, it's so small they can not even do a biopsy on it yet, so hopefully I'll get lucky once again.
headlines

AOL

#466203 Jul 27, 2013

ISRAEL to give POPE "Custody" of Temple Mount --

http://youtu.be/Qt9kEQB4ti8

usa

#466204 Jul 27, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You continue to confirm EXACTLY what I have said over and over again, Confrinting, that Protestant bible only (so-called Christianity) "cannot" exist on its own with attacking, condemning and passing their "judgemental heretical and hypocritical OPINIONS" against Jesus Christ and His One (and only one) historically and biblically PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church!!!(all 42,000 of you)!!
still slinging the bull cookies I see, historically and biblically PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church!!! you you state this in just about every post you put up, yet you show no proof, historically or biblically. lets see this proof, show us where Jesus declares the catholic church his church? what book, chapter is this written? he never says this he was not even alive when the church was created by pagan emperor Constantine, since Jesus never really moved to far away from his homeland, why would he out of the blue decide to go to a land that conquered his people, raped, killed burned and stole everything they owned, now tell me it makes sense he would go to this country and build what would be the greatest wonder of the world? out of all the people on this post you are the most blind person I've ever seen on here, closed to any idea outside of the unholy church teachings. in a way I feel sorry for you. "deaf, dumb and blind boy, but he plays a mean game of pinball"
a (passage from a song I like.)

usa

#466205 Jul 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Ellen G. White ... leader of the Seventh Day Adventist religion.
If the bible is easy to understand ... why did so many preachers get the URGE to write books about its "meanings" ... yet they never agree ON the meanings???
Human insight or outsight is not at all dependable.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
During her lifetime she wrote more than 5,000 periodical articles and 40 books; but today, including compilations from her 50,000 pages of manuscript, more than 100 titles are available in English.
http://www.whiteestate.org/about/#who
It's all about money, nothing more, they make it sound difficult, but it's really not, but to make money, they must make it seem impossible to really understand

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#466206 Jul 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Typos
Salvation is from JESUS ALONE ..
~~~

AMEN

JESUS IS SALVATION...yeshu&#770; &#8219;a&#770;h

Isa 59:16 And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore his arm brought ==>SALVATION<-- unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him.

Isa 59:17 For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of ==>SALVATION<== upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloke.

SALVATION (JESUS)DEFINED

H3444
&#1497;&#1513;&#14 73;&#1493;&#1468;& #1506;&#1492;

yeshu&#770;&#8219;a &#770;h JESUS

yesh-oo'-aw
Feminine passive participle of H3467;

something saved, that is,(abstractly)

(JESUS IS)

deliverance;

hence aid,

victory,

prosperity:-

deliverance,

health, help (-ing),

salvation,

save, saving (health), welfare.

“Unadulterated Grace - Rom 11:6”

Since: Jul 13

Chicagoland

#466207 Jul 27, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>cant you use and give YOUR OWN OPINE, instead of relying on the shirttails of others ,just as you used to do with me.lol
Atem, Im teachable, and that is one of the differences between us. Also, I can tell when something is counterfeit, by comparing what is said out there. There is no need for "opinion", when evidence is presented.

Chicagoland

#466208 Jul 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not wish to start dissension ..really .
I knew,Marge was,having the same confusion I as.
Dom? Showed me a teaching that was enlightening
I passed it to Marge,
Please,don't blame them .it was,my fault.:(
You are teachable. No fault in that.

Chicagoland

#466209 Jul 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
your very first example is a lie. There is no need to examine the next 50.
Your list only proves why Christ set up an authority to make those decisions. you seem to think Our Lord set up this doctrinal free for all we call 'Protestantism'
No its not. Just Try two more, and see where that list goes :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 1 min MUQ2 833
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 min MUQ2 40,846
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 min Truth 6,338
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 min Epiphany2 612,890
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min lightbeamrider 863,686
9/11&bin 1 min REV CAROL 1
The Christian Atheist debate 2 hr Critical Eye 1,903
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Pegasus 272,398
More from around the web