Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683939 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Unadulterated Grace - Rom 11:6”

Since: Jul 13

Chicagoland

#466402 Jul 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a forum, not a dictatorship.
You can boss you supposed god around telling him to love and who deserves hell ... but I am not your imaginary god, and I will post to whomever I please.
I was expressing my disinterest in discussing with you. Sure, you can comment to me, but then again, I can ignore someone who cares less about facts, evidence and truth. So beit

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#466403 Jul 27, 2013
Welcoming Celebration for Pope Francis at Copacabana Beach Rio
Clay

Garden City, MI

#466404 Jul 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol and they call us confused ..
Don't be a sucker for that. The goal of these propaganda based essays are to paint a picture that is not of truth. You are not the guilty party for buying into it..... yet. I strongly recommend that you take it upon yourself to investigate if osas 7's assertions are based on actual truth; actual historian fact as well as reason and logic.

I swear on my children as I stand before God. Not ONE of these essays has ever checked out. There is always deceptive agenda. ALWAYS.

Its honestly exhausting going over this crap. But I still always try and do it because I love the Lord and do not appreciate the slander directed at His Church.
Deception is the only thing that can sustain their theology, Rose.
As Christians, we MUST seek the truth. I'm sorry, but in the world of Evangelicalism, it is just not there. At some point, they need to lie.
Lies are of the Devil.

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#466405 Jul 27, 2013
Catholic and Protestant, over 1 million come to hear Pope Francis.
God Bless Pope Francis!

Pope Francis News In Rio

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#466406 Jul 27, 2013
Off to watch now on EWTN, PST.

Prayer Vigil at 3:00pm PST on EWTN.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#466407 Jul 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok I'll try you
HOJO
Do you believe in Creation as taught in the bible..or evolution as taught by secular science .
See as a kid I was taught Creation .
As an adult ..That while some species change over time within their species..talker ..older ..less or more teeth .
There US no evidence a t all for evolution between species.
We did nit have common ancestor s to a does as they now say replacing the missing link.theory ...SNCE THEY COULD NOT FIND ONE .
just change things or words to make their theories sound good .
Global warming ...oh wait 50s cold out there ..let's call t climate change .
Anyway Clay seems to think evolution ok..
You??? The CC
Thanks RoSesz, but I don't play the Protestant bible only "personal opinion" game!. However if you want a brief answer:... YES----Creation along with some form and degree of evolution.....This sort of editorializing "rif-raf" is nothing but a Disneyland "Spin the Tea Cups" around in a circle,(what each person thinks) nonsense!!...... I'll just continue to "remain with the more important and significant doctrinal teachings such as the historical and biblical TRUTH" of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in and through His One True Catholic Church.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#466408 Jul 27, 2013
LTM wrote:
Come on folks now is the time to worship
'COME NOW IS THE TIME TO WORSHIP'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ivesRYcIPsQXX
In the other video you posted earlier.

Do you think Netanyahu Will give the temple mount yo the Vatican

And who I'd the guy witH the dog next to Jesus picture.

Chicagoland

#466409 Jul 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be a sucker for that. The goal of these propaganda based essays are to paint a picture that is not of truth. You are not the guilty party for buying into it..... yet. I strongly recommend that you take it upon yourself to investigate if osas 7's assertions are based on actual truth; actual historian fact as well as reason and logic.
I swear on my children as I stand before God. Not ONE of these essays has ever checked out. There is always deceptive agenda. ALWAYS.
Its honestly exhausting going over this crap. But I still always try and do it because I love the Lord and do not appreciate the slander directed at His Church.
As Christians, we MUST seek the truth. I'm sorry, but in the world of Evangelicalism, it is just not there. At some point, they need to lie.
Lies are of the Devil.
Claims ^^ Zero evidence ^^
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#466410 Jul 27, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
TODAY IS A VERY SPECIAL DAY FOR MY WIFE AND I
WE HAVE NOW BEEN MARRIED 61 YEARS..
GOD HAS WATCHED OVER US AND AND OUR FAMILY
HE HAS BEEN FAITHFUL ...AND FOREVER WILL BE.
Congratulations and Gods blessings to both of you! Disagreement between us does not, in any way, hinder the fact that we are all created by Almighty God HIMSELF, in HIS likeness and image to worship, praise, reverence and serve HIM Our Creator!!
Clay

Garden City, MI

#466411 Jul 27, 2013
Free Grace 7 wrote:
Transubstantiation:
“…we distinguish three views: the mystic view of Ignatius, Justin Martyr, and Irenaeus; the symbolical view of Tertullian and Cyprian; and the allegorical or spiritualistic view of Clement of Alexandria and Origen…The realistic and mystic view is represented by several fathers and the early liturgies…With the act of consecration a change accordingly takes place in the elements, whereby they become vehicles and organs of the life of Christ, although by no means necessarily changed into another substance…The symbolical view, though on a realistic basis, is represented first by Eusebius, who calls the Supper a commemoration of Christ by the symbols of his body and blood, and takes the flesh and blood of Christ in the sixth chapter of John to mean the words of Christ, which are spirit and life, the true food of the soul, to believers…But it is striking that even Athanasius,“the father of orthodoxy,” recognized only a spiritual participation, a self-communication of the nourishing divine virtue of the Logos, in the symbols of the bread and wine, and incidentally evinces a doctrine of the Eucharist wholly foreign to the Catholic, and very like the older Alexandrian or Origenistic, and the Calvinistic, though by no means identical with the latter…As to the adoration of the consecrated elements: This follows with logical necessity from the doctrine of transubstantiation, and is the sure touchstone of it. No trace of such adoration appears, however, in the ancient liturgies, and the whole patristic literature yields only four passages from which this practice can be inferred; plainly showing that the doctrine of transubstantiation was not yet fixed in the consciousness of the church.”
-Philip Schaff, History of the Christian Church, Vol. III, ch.7, part 95
This argument by Philip is incredibly stupid. He's trying to imply a contradicting belief between these early Christians on the reality of the Eucharist.
Classic propaganda you got there!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#466412 Jul 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to guess that you believe the Earth is 5,000 yrs old?
There is no way an age can be deduced...quote: In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Unless you know when was the beginning...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#466414 Jul 27, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks RoSesz, but I don't play the Protestant bible only "personal opinion" game!. However if you want a brief answer:... YES----Creation along with some form and degree of evolution.....This sort of editorializing "rif-raf" is nothing but a Disneyland "Spin the Tea Cups" around in a circle,(what each person thinks) nonsense!!...... I'll just continue to "remain with the more important and significant doctrinal teachings such as the historical and biblical TRUTH" of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in and through His One True Catholic Church.
I was asking about Clays posts

Not trying to play games .
Clay wrote:
<quoted text> Jonah and the Whale are two characters in a Biblical story. Could it be actual fact? I think its probably not. But it doesn't need to an either. The lesson of the story is what's important. I believe the CC teaches us that its ok to believe it and its ok to not. Science (which can bring us closer to the mind of God) says its not.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text> Many in your camp argue that the world is 5,000 yrs old; that Jonah spent three days in the belly of the whale; that Noah had every single animal on the planet on his boat; that evolution isn't real. Are you sure you're teachable?
Now Jesus mentions Jonah and the whale ..so it's ok by the CC to NOT believe this .JESUS was mistaken???

You all retelling me the Catholic Church is the true Church ..has all knowledge .

Well neither evolution or saying Jonah was a character to believe it not believe played ANY PART IN MY CATHOLIC EDUCATION.

Sorry but I'll take the bible which pinball act like only you all know
Over changing science theories any day .

GOD created Adam..he did not come from an ape ancestor .

There is no evidence anywhere for evolution from one species to another
Clay

Garden City, MI

#466415 Jul 27, 2013
Free Grace 7 wrote:
<quoted text>Claims ^^ Zero evidence ^^
It sounds like you're set in your beliefs. There is nothin that will sway your mind.
The Earth is 5,000 yrs old. The Bible fell from the sky; The Apostles passed it out without explaining the contents and Christ wanted people people like you to determine Christianity.
You've inserted yourself as the authority on His Ministry and conveyer of truth. Do not puff your chest out too much...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#466416 Jul 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Lies are of the Devil.
My comment was on EHAT he posted about inerrancy .

Frankly I'm still reading the rest

BUT I always thought the teachings,I heard as a young person regarding Creation and yes Jonah were not lies from the nuns or the CC

JESUS spoke of Jonah in the whales belly .

God created the world and humans ..We did not come from OOZE..

He created Adam nit descended him from.Apes.

From your posts you deny inerrancy ..do my comment on the site about the varying degrees of inerrancy from your church seem right

Either we believe the SCRIPTURE you guys say YOU put together ..as true and inspired..it we don't ..

You don't seem to ..And as you can ser has Mr upset.

I thought only dogma divided us ..But now it's the BIBLE???

That is scary ..ad I learned most of my theology in the CC.

WAS IT LIES ..DID THRY NOW CJANGE IT to coincide with secular science???

Frightening

Chicagoland

#466417 Jul 27, 2013
Augustine of Hippo (354-430 CE): He supported absolute inerrancy in a letter to St. Jerome. He wrote:
"On my own part I confess to your charity that it is only to those books of Scripture which are now called canonical that I have learned to pay such honor and reverence as to believe most firmly that none of their writers has fallen into any error. And if in these books I meet anything which seems contrary to truth, I shall not hesitate to conclude either that the text is faulty, or that the translator has not expressed the meaning of the passage, or that I myself do not understand...."

He emphasizes that inerrancy only applies to the original autograph copy as written in Hebrew, Aramaic or Greek:
"For I confess to your Charity that I have learned to yield this respect and honour only to the canonical books of Scripture: of THESE ALONE do I most firmly believe that the authors were COMPLETELY FREE FROM ERROR. And if in these writings I am perplexed by anything which appears to me opposed to truth, I do not hesitate to suppose that either the manuscript is faulty, or the translator has not caught the meaning of what was said, or I myself have failed to understand it."

Augustine, De Unitate Ecclesiae, 10.

Neither dare one agree with catholic bishops if by chance they err in anything, but the result that their opinion is against the canonical Scriptures of God.

For the reasonings of any men whatsoever, even though THEY BE Catholics, and of high reputation, are NOT TO BE TREATED BY US in the same way as the canonical Scriptures are treated. We are at liberty, without doing any violence to the respect which these men deserve, to condemn and REJECT ANYTHING in their writings, if perchance we shall find that they have entertained opinions differing from that which others or we ourselves have, by the divine help, discovered to be the truth. I deal thus with the writings of others, and I wish my intelligent readers to deal thus with mine.
NPNF1, Vol.I, Augustin, Letters of St. Augustine, Letter 148, Section 15.

----------
Now, the other side:

Fr. R.E. Brown, for example, writes of Vatican II:
"In this long journey of thought the concept of inerrancy was not rejected but was seriously modified to fit the evidence of biblical criticism which showed that the Bible was not inerrant in questions of science, of history, and even of time-conditioned religious beliefs."

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#466418 Jul 27, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations and Gods blessings to both of you! Disagreement between us does not, in any way, hinder the fact that we are all created by Almighty God HIMSELF, in HIS likeness and image to worship, praise, reverence and serve HIM Our Creator!!
Does were crested by God?? NOT evolved
Clay

Garden City, MI

#466419 Jul 27, 2013
Free Grace 7 wrote:
<quoted text>Claims ^^ Zero evidence ^^
Come on man... Philip Schaff? A 19th century Protestant theologian??

Why on Earth would you think this man's opinion on Christianity is authoritative?

These ancient Protestant Propaganda leaflets you guys dig up to present your arguments are ridiculous. This man is a nobody. He was just another paper pope who took it upon himself to read and interpret sacred scripture and form his own Christianity.

Chicagoland

#466420 Jul 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
This argument by Philip is incredibly stupid. He's trying to imply a contradicting belief between these early Christians on the reality of the Eucharist.
Classic propaganda you got there!
In the Catholic Encyclopedia’s article on the “sacrifice of the mass,” it says this:“Passing over the teaching of the Alexandrine Clement and Origen, whose love of allegory, together with the restrictions of the Disciplina Arcani [Latin term meaning discipline of the secret], involved their writings in mystic obscurity…”

Ummmm You were saying.....?

Chicagoland

#466421 Jul 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds like you're set in your beliefs. There is nothin that will sway your mind.
The Earth is 5,000 yrs old. The Bible fell from the sky; The Apostles passed it out without explaining the contents and Christ wanted people people like you to determine Christianity.
You've inserted yourself as the authority on His Ministry and conveyer of truth. Do not puff your chest out too much...
I have been sourcing this whole time, while you trash talk against what I believe, yet, not supporting your side. Go figure...

Chicagoland

#466422 Jul 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on man... Philip Schaff? A 19th century Protestant theologian??
Why on Earth would you think this man's opinion on Christianity is authoritative?
These ancient Protestant Propaganda leaflets you guys dig up to present your arguments are ridiculous. This man is a nobody. He was just another paper pope who took it upon himself to read and interpret sacred scripture and form his own Christianity.
In the Catholic Encyclopedia’s article on the “sacrifice of the mass,” it says this:“Passing over the teaching of the Alexandrine Clement and Origen, whose love of allegory, together with the restrictions of the Disciplina Arcani [Latin term meaning discipline of the secret], involved their writings in mystic obscurity…”

Ummm....you were saying?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min Whiskey Ben Solo 17,534
MESSAGE 4 Kyrie Irving of the Cleveland Cavaliers 14 min Doctor REALITY 1
Poll Why Canada sucks (Oct '10) 1 hr quebec sucks 573
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr waaasssuuup 983,266
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr lil whispers 619,711
Girl snapchat names (Feb '15) 2 hr eli_mitchell137 2
Looking for girls to snapchat 3 hr aldenmorgan737 3
More from around the web