Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 647011 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Unadulterated Grace - Rom 11:6”

Since: Jul 13

Chicagoland

#466354 Jul 27, 2013
Peter and Paul on equal footing...

Where the Cherubim sing the glory, where the Seraphim are flying, there shall we see Paul, with Peter, and as chief and leader of the choir of the saints, and shall enjoy his generous love....I love Rome even for this, although indeed one has other grounds for praising it...Not so bright is the heaven, when the sun sends forth his rays, as is the city of Rome, sending out these two lights into all parts of the world. From thence will Paul be caught up, thence Peter. Just bethink you, and shudder, at the thought of what a sight Rome will see, when Paul ariseth suddenly from that deposit, together with Peter, and is lifted up to meet the Lord. What a rose will Rome send up to Christ!...what two crowns will the city have about it! what golden chains will she be girded with! what fountains possess! Therefore I admire the city, not for the much gold, nor for the columns, not for the other display there, but for these pillars of the Church (1 Cor. 15:38)(Chrysostom, Homilies on the Epistle to the Romans, Homily 32, v. 24, pp. 561-562.).
truth

Thornlie, Australia

#466355 Jul 27, 2013
Daniel say..keep..close..it is written they can't see
what will come..
Did God have plain with you?
Who going stop that?
It is written..revelation..

verely verely..varaju varaju=liars..no ad to scripture
Daniel say they can't see.
about what?..

light..its bring me fort in light i see..about what?
They liked died but can't!
Better not to be born!

it is written

no ad anything
Did Daniel say..something is in hide?
yes it is..
then
it is written in revelation..

better not to be born=they liked died but can't ..in light its revalation to see..who?

Did you set up and judge me?

I say to you pray for my accusers prosecutors judges.
better not to be born..

Chicagoland

#466356 Jul 27, 2013
Peter AND John are both given "charge of the world"

And this He did to withdraw them (Peter and John) from their unseasonable sympathy for each other; for since they were about to receive the charge of the world, it was necessary that they should no longer be closely associated together
(Philip Schaff, Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers (Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1956), Volume XIV, Saint Chrysostom, Homilies on the Gospel of John, Homily 88.1-2, pp. 331-332).

***Here we see both Peter and John given charge of the world.

And if anyone would say ‘How did James receive the chair of Jerusalem?’ I would reply that he appointed Peter a teacher not of the chair, but of the world
(Philip Schaff, Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers (Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1956), Volume XIV, Saint Chrysostom, Homilies on the Gospel of John, Homily 88.1-2, pp. 331-332).

***Catholics will point to Mt 16:18 and say Peter was given the keys and charge of the world, but this was not a isolated understanding, that the early Church fathers had, as Rome does.

Chicagoland

#466357 Jul 27, 2013
James(not Peter) was given Chief rule at Jerusalem Council(Acts 15)

This (James) was bishop, as they say, and therefore he speaks last..There was no arrogance in the Church. After Peter Paul speaks, and none silences him: James waits patiently; not starts up (for the next word). No word speaks John here, no word the other Apostles, but held their peace, for James was invested with the chief rule, and think it no hardship. So clean was their soul from love of glory. Peter indeed spoke more strongly, but James here more mildly: for thus it behooves one in high authority, to leave what is unpleasant for others to say, while he himself appears in the milder part

(Philip Schaff, Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers (Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1956), Volume XI, Saint Chrysostom, Homilies on the Acts of the Apostles, Homily 33, pp. 205, 207).

Chicagoland

#466358 Jul 27, 2013
Catholics "disagreements" on "inerrancy":

http://www.religioustolerance.org/inerran1.ht...
truth

Thornlie, Australia

#466359 Jul 27, 2013
i say to you
who spit on righteousness face..
i say to you who suffering

'its took me on Cross with my complite body=preserve
Why you scare of my rossary..
who suffer on CROSS readdddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddd
what wrote thereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeee
INRI=Cross

remember me even on Cross thief say to whom..
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#466360 Jul 27, 2013
Free Grace 7 wrote:
<quoted text>Catholic Cardinal and theologian Yves Congar stated:
"The East never accepted the regular jurisdiction of Rome, nor did it submit to the judgment of Western bishops. Its appeals to Rome for help were not connected with a recognition of the principle of Roman jurisdiction but were based on the view that Rome had the same truth, the same good. The East jealously protected its autonomous way of life. Rome intervened to safeguard the observation of legal rules, to maintain the orthodoxy of faith and to ensure communion between the two parts of the church, the Roman see representing and personifying the West...In according Rome a ‘primacy of honour’, the East avoided basing this primacy on the succession and the still living presence of the apostle Peter. A modus vivendi was achieved which lasted, albeit with crises, down to the middle of the eleventh century."
Congar. Y.,(1982) Diversity and Communion (Mystic: Twenty–Third), pp. 26–27
Who is Yves Congar:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yves_Congar
You see, the "East" NEVER seen Rome as Rome sees herself, even from early on Christianity.
Well for one thing, that all the more remarkable that the East and West share 95% of the same faith; 100% of the same sacraments.
The East was started by the Apostles.(Andrew went to Greece) so to me, that's proof in the validity of the Mass, the Eucharist, infant Baptism, Confession, the Priesthood, and Apostolic succession.
It also is ironic that we both have never taught OSAS and Sola Scripture. That's because the Apostles didn't teach it.

But fast forward 1500 yrs and Christianity took a different turn altogether. Now its done a complete U-turn on teachings that came directly from the mouths of the Apostles.
You guys changed Baptism, reversed the Eucharist, undid the Sacrament of Confession, undid the Priesthood, undid any kind of hierarchal Church, added Sola Scripture and Sola fide.

I see a chaotic mess with private interpretations and the whole theory that Jesus Christ commanded a canon of Scripture to be the sole authority on His Ministry.

I do not see why you're bringing up Orthodox and Catholic?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#466361 Jul 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to guess that you believe the Earth is 5,000 yrs old?
Nope closer to six I think ..But I could be wrong ..

I believe what the bible says ..yes.

Hey it's supposedly YOUR BIBLE ..YOUR TRUTH ..

Since: Sep 09

Willow River, Canada

#466362 Jul 27, 2013
Free Grace 7 wrote:
<quoted text>There were/are many Jews, that are Messiah expectant.
That is true. But THEY believe that the REAL messiah will be coming for the "first" time ... as they don't believe that Jesus was the messiah.

There are also Jews that believe as the ancient Hebrews believed ... in reincarnation.

People pick and choose their desired beliefs ... and then make a whole of fuss about their beliefs being truth.

Religion is ALL bunk!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#466363 Jul 27, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>one thing I will not do is donate to any charity that has any connection to organized religion, I donate to local charities to help out the town I grew up in, I support school sports programs and things of that nature, I find it deplorable, that the federal government does not have a fund for school sports or anything that encourages kids to get an exercise, my childhood was spent exploring the woods and swamp that was near my house before it was turned into a apartment complex/strip mall, then I discovered football watched it on tv and it piqued my interest so started playing ball with neighborhood kids in the street, we were constantly covered with road rash bruises, lumps of various sizes, woke up the next day and could barely get out of bed, but I loved it, played in grammar school, jr. high, could not play on the high school team because I went to the vocational part of the school so I was ineligible, the coach tried to get that rule waived because he was my jr. high coach, so he knew I could play, and I could it was the one sport I was really good at, played running back and third down linebacker with 12 sacks in 2 yrs.I was small 5-8 165 lbs, so I was quick and hard to tackle, I took advantage of my stature and used it well, since I couldn't play high school ball, the coach recommended me to a friend of his who coached a semi-pro team in the eastern football league, I tried out and made the team played 2 yrs. before a cheap shot to the back of my knee put me out of the game for good. and yes I am proud of what I accomplished in those two years 2200 yds. 26 td's, I didn't keep track of it that much but I caught about 75 to 80 passes out of the back field. for two years that's not bad and yes I"M PROUD OF IT.
We are to give charitably as you do. Good for you..

I like SAMARITANS and my local CPC..

It's a matter of choice :)
truth

Thornlie, Australia

#466364 Jul 27, 2013
Did thief say to Peter save me..nooooooooooooooo

INRI=CROSS
Its took me complete on Cross with full pain as pain been as it is..preserve is there.

now
go on your knee pray

asked
they told you not to asked
pray asked from your God..its going revelation..its written

they liked died but can't..
better not to be born..

yes it is
Who try stop not to see not to know whats going be happened and why?Daniel say hold its hide whats will come.

love your God with heart and mind
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#466365 Jul 27, 2013
Free Grace 7 wrote:
He, then, who before was silent, to teach us that we ought not to repeat the words of the impious, this one, I say, when he heard,‘But who do you say I am,’ immediately, not unmindful of his station, exercised his primacy, that is, the primacy OF CONFESSION, not of honor; the primacy OF BELIEF, NOT OF RANK. This, then, is Peter, who has replied for the rest of the Apostles; rather, before the rest of men. And so he is called the foundation, because he knows how to preserve not only his own but the common foundation...Faith, then, is the foundation of the Church, for it was not said of Peter’s flesh, BUT OF his faith, that ‘the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.’ But his confession OF FAITH conquered hell. And this confession did not shut out one heresy, for, since the Church like a good ship is often buffeted by many waves, the foundation of the Church should prevail against all heresies
(The Fathers of the Church (Washington D.C., Catholic University, 1963), Saint Ambrose, Theological and Dogmatic Works, The Sacrament of the Incarnation of Our Lord IV.32-V.34, pp. 230-231).
Man, you're a propaganda machine today. Could you reveal your sources so we can verify who's saying this stuff? Your sources do not say who actually wrote the piece. Only where they claim to have gotten the info.

I say this because, often on these radial sites, they'll quote something a Catholic wrote 200yrs ago, out of context to try and imply its official Church teaching.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#466366 Jul 27, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz:
Don't get upset....
At any moment in time, each of us may believe the scriptures are informing us differently than in the past, or future. It is merely our understanding that changes.
Keep in mind that all scripture tends to point to Jesus. And those that teach scripture should have this in mind....
All scripture is seen as literal, figurative, and spiritual.
Most "interpreting" which goes on, like on this thread, is merely emphasizing one of these three ways one views the scripture at any one time....
(Sometimes people try to put what they understand of this world into scripture.)
SO its ok for Catholics to interpret even Jesus word ..how they feel like it .

But the can say we are wrong in our interpretation .

I thought that is what the Pope is for and all the VATIcan Counsel on Faith ..to say what REAL TRUTH OF SCRIPTURE is .

What do you know TRUTH IS CHANGEABLE ..just like scientific theories are ..

Who knew???

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#466367 Jul 27, 2013
Free Grace 7 wrote:
Catholics "disagreements" on "inerrancy":
http://www.religioustolerance.org/inerran1.ht...
Lol and they call us confused ..

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#466368 Jul 27, 2013
TODAY IS A VERY SPECIAL DAY FOR MY WIFE AND I
WE HAVE NOW BEEN MARRIED 61 YEARS..
GOD HAS WATCHED OVER US AND AND OUR FAMILY
HE HAS BEEN FAITHFUL ...AND FOREVER WILL BE.

Chicagoland

#466369 Jul 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, you're a propaganda machine today. Could you reveal your sources so we can verify who's saying this stuff? Your sources do not say who actually wrote the piece. Only where they claim to have gotten the info.
I say this because, often on these radial sites, they'll quote something a Catholic wrote 200yrs ago, out of context to try and imply its official Church teaching.
Try google, this quote is all over the Net, and, I reference of the quote is given. Ambrose said it.
truth

Thornlie, Australia

#466370 Jul 27, 2013
wrong
Jesus say ..why you abusing resting prophets how many you killed of them..

i say to you
Asked yourself
Did Jesus been on Cross?

Willow River, Canada

#466371 Jul 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe what the bible says ..yes.
You interpret your own meanings of the words back to your self and then claim that is what the bible (god) says.

From my perception, it's simply you dictating messages to the cells in your own brain and the cells are recording them as instructed.

Chicagoland

#466372 Jul 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
:)

Willow River, Canada

#466373 Jul 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't perceive that you even COULD be confused. Your certainty of being right is blocking your view.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 8 min Student 44,725
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min Doctor Peace 49,511
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 14 min UC Davis Rainbow 105,688
Like Kids? Earn $6000+/mo To Care For Them 19 min KidKare 1
Just HOW angry is Satan??? 36 min Thinking 26
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Buck Crick 445,757
Dirty snapchat with teen girls (May '14) 2 hr HOLLAND_123 12
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Buck Crick 971,806
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 13 hr WasteWater 27
More from around the web