Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 699363 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Willow River, Canada

#466305 Jul 27, 2013
Before antibiotics, superstition ruled supreme.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Microbe Hunters by Paul de Kruif … published 1926

Pasteur’s experiments were brilliant, but they had proved nothing about the how and why of human sicknesses. Pasteur was a trail-blazer, a fore-runner crying possible future great victories over disease, shouting about magnificent stampings out of epidemics; but meanwhile the moujiks of desolate towns in Russia were still warding off scourges by hitching four widows to a plow and with them drawing a furrow round their villages in the dead of night—and their doctors had no sounder protection to offer them.

“Unadulterated Grace - Rom 11:6”

Since: Jul 13

Chicagoland

#466306 Jul 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All canon laws were written to govern over the wills of other humans in the pretense that a god was the motivator.
You shifted of what I said concerning "the Canon" i.e Scripture, to, Canon law, which, are not the same.
truth

Thornlie, Australia

#466307 Jul 27, 2013
until you born again..verely verely=varaju varaju=liars
who say that

it is written about revelation..

its bring me in beautifull lighttttttttttttttttttt
i walk between them

i walk in light..no nothng happen to methat time

i see
they liked died but can't
better not to be bornnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
verely verely=varaju varaju=liars from begining

Chicagoland

#466308 Jul 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jews of the Dead Sea Scrolls (Qumranite and Essenes) had 5 manuscripts of Tobit. That is more than other scriptures that are now in your KJV OT.
They also had the Book Sirach and I believe two others.
Since your whole list is built on top of that one lie. it comes crashing down.
Who's authority matters when interpreting scripture? Right now, you seem to be endorsing a theological free-for-all? each evangelical gets to navigate through the Bible for their own Christianity..
I have provided before, a detailed study, on this matter. See here(again):
https://bible.org/article/content-and-extent-...
June VanDerMark

Willow River, Canada

#466309 Jul 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
** Earlier I said Jonah was a character. I only meant the whale. Jonah was a real person.
Was the whale also real???

:)

The idea that a human could spend three days in the digestive system of a whale, having no oxygen which to breath, and survive to preach yet another lie ... is the stuff of idiocy.
June VanDerMark

Willow River, Canada

#466310 Jul 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter what you say about the Catholic Church.
Does it matter to you what you say about those in all other religions spending eternity in hell???

I guess NOT HUH???

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#466311 Jul 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus alluded to the Biblical story of Jonah and the Whale. He doesn't say its true.
Its perfectly ok to believe its true though.
I think its ironic you accept that purported miracle as well as other Biblical stories, but you reject that Christ could be present in the bread and wine.
I DON'T DENY BREAD AND WINE...

ACCORDING TO JESUS BREAD AND WINE WITH OUT FIRST BEING OBEDIENT TO THE WORD OF GOD IS OF NO SPIRITUAL VALUE..

JESUS SAID...

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Joh 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

___

1Pe_1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

THE WORD MUST OF JESUS MUST BE ADHERED TO

Mat_4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Luk_4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Chicagoland

#466312 Jul 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jews of the Dead Sea Scrolls (Qumranite and Essenes) had 5 manuscripts of Tobit. That is more than other scriptures that are now in your KJV OT.
They also had the Book Sirach and I believe two others.
Since your whole list is built on top of that one lie. it comes crashing down.
Who's authority matters when interpreting scripture? Right now, you seem to be endorsing a theological free-for-all? each evangelical gets to navigate through the Bible for their own Christianity..
I endorse one interpretation, however, the freedom of conscience, and private study. Doesn't your church encourage private study?..as long as it doesn't go against your official teachings? I will tell ya, I've been to Catholic boards, where Orthodox and Protestant were there, and there were "opinions" flying high on verses in the Bible. Btw, how many verses has your church given their "official" teaching on?

Chicagoland

#466313 Jul 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
A fulfilling of Christian B.S.
Within Jewish theology of the old testament, there is only one god and that god favored the Jews as his chosen few.
The ex-Jew Christians "horned" in on the emotional territory of that one god to steal the affections for their selves and claim that ONLY Christians were now favored by the one and only god, and that the Jews were "Christ-killers." That lie cost countless Jews their lives, as the rabid Christians tortured and killed them century after century, even though had Jesus actually been crucified it would have been ONLY a few Jews responsible for the act.
But it's common sense that faithful Jews would not have put Jesus to death even had he lived, as Jesus would have been following the most pure form of Judaism.
The ex-Jew Catholics simply made up that story to start a new religion with Jesus the Jew painted as a savior to ONLY Catholics.
The idea that a Jewish rabbi would work 24/7 in Catholic confessionals while abandoning his own Jews is not only a lie ... it is a silly lie ... for those who WANT to see.
June, it would be wise, not to confuse men's poor actions, with the fulfilling of "prophecy". There were/are many Jews, that are Messiah expectant.
June VanDerMark

Willow River, Canada

#466314 Jul 27, 2013
Those who haven't studied the history of science have no idea how many non-human and human animals suffered by being injected with bacteria so that we could in turn today go to pharmacies and order antibiotics.

In the book Microbe Hunters it explains how countless rats, mice, sheep, guinea-pigs, et cetera, suffered horrible fates, that we might live longer lives.

But then, if god exists, he knew all this suffering would be part of the plan.

What a kind, loving god he is to think of "everything" ahead of "time."

BWAAAHHHHGGGG!!!

Chicagoland

#466315 Jul 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholics authorized that the bible was truth. But the new testament was created by Catholics ONLY for Catholics.
Do you GET that???
Just as the Jews didn't count on Catholics stealing THEIR show of being chosen as special ... Catholics didn't count on Protestants stealing their show as being chosen by "god" as being special.
If love-grabbing of the supposed god was not the aim ... you people would have nothing on which to re-lie.
"The bible says Jesus loves me ... I'm so lucky he loves me and not others."
Silly stuff in deed!
June, seriously, do you really think you are educated on the history of the Canon? I do realize though, that you are just pitting us against one another, for your own personal amusement.

Chicagoland

#466316 Jul 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Jonah and the Whale are two characters in a Biblical story. Could it be actual fact? I think its probably not. But it doesn't need to an either. The lesson of the story is what's important.
I believe the CC teaches us that its ok to believe it and its ok to not. Science (which can bring us closer to the mind of God) says its not.
Clay, myself, as one who holds to a "literal-grammatical-hist orical" approach to Scripture, I will have to disagree with you. With your view, Scripture can be made to say whatever you want it to, and having no accountability to your interpretation imho.

I highly recommend you reading this(and others as well):
http://www.spiritandtruth.org/teaching/docume...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#466317 Jul 27, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
ACCORDING TO JESUS BREAD AND WINE WITH OUT FIRST BEING OBEDIENT TO THE WORD OF GOD IS OF NO SPIRITUAL VALUE..
JESUS SAID...
Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Joh 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
___
1Pe_1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
Mat_4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
Luk_4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.
Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
~~~

JESUS TOLD THE DEVIL...

You Rome Catholics have a bloodless communion...

you attempt to live by bread alone

YOU CATHOLICS CAN DRINK ALL THE BLOOD AND EAT ALL THE FLESH THAT YOU PLEASE AND STILL SPLIT HELL WIDE OPEN...

the Bible says...

Rom 10:8 But what saith it?

The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

NOTE
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Chicagoland

#466318 Jul 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I was hoping he was kidding ..or saying WE don't believe the bible.
If they put it together ...declared it HOLY ..why would they now go down the secularscience road..which changes each generation..
Missing link found!!!!oh no that's not it...wait. no missing link..we have a a common ancestor .
Where does,ADAM come in .
:)
June VanDerMark

Willow River, Canada

#466319 Jul 27, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
JESUS SAID...
___
I doubt that you'll ever run out of your favorite scriptures ... but it would be nice if you would respond to why you don't follow god's commands about the necessity to kill other humans.

I guess you haven't time to make the time HUH KayMarie???

It seems that your "god" has called on you to be dishonest. Sarcasm intended.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed.(Leviticus 20:9)

If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die.(Leviticus 20:10).

If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death.(Leviticus 20:11)

If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death.(Leviticus 20:14)

If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed.(Leviticus 20:15-16).

If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)

Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death.(Leviticus 20:27)

If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake.(Leviticus 21:9)

People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)

Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community.(Leviticus 24:14-16)
truth

Thornlie, Australia

#466320 Jul 27, 2013
it is written
where in revelation
light fast blast..instantly i find myself in that light
they liked died but can't
better not to be born
i walk between them..i see i am alive and still alive on that period nothing happen with me when i see
i walk within light

i see how they cry
better not to be born
it is written..revelation

i walk in light..its bring me see..i see better not to be born ..

it is written
read revelation

Location hidden

#466321 Jul 27, 2013
Who said this lie????

Christ was truly generated and born of a daughter of Adam, the Virgin Mary.

Location hidden

#466322 Jul 27, 2013
This is a Catholic lie...

Those sins which are already forgiven directly by the Church’s Power of the Keys are a sufficient object of confession.

Chicagoland

#466323 Jul 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, evidently the CC doesn't have authority over all the other churches. Otherwise, there wouldn't be 45,000 of them.
But ONE of us has to have the authority to determine the true teachings of Jesus Christ. Somehow truth HAS TO BE CONVEYED to the faithful. I can't imagine Christ wanting it any other way.
We know from the handful of Evangelicals on this forum, that you are not led to Biblical truth, because there is no unison and no continuity of Christian teachings. Even you must admit that.
So if it ain't the Catholic Church, then who is it?
We can go round and round, however, in order to scratch the surface here, we need to examine Christian antiquity, to see if Rome's "claims" stand, as one having Authority over all other churches(early on).
I see your frustration, and yes, I do agree that there are way to many interpretations, for various reasons, however, I do call into your question of "45,000", and would like for you to substantiate such a number, and not only that, show the evidence from one set of numbers, before arriving at "45,000"(which means you will show the link of evidence between the two sets of numbers). Also, where would you appeal for Rome's Authority, other than Scripture? I have asked this question more than once now, and have had no answer.
The Holy Spirit has the Authority in interpretation, and every man that searches, is accountable to God(not anyone else)(See James 3:1) for my line of defense.
June VanDerMark

Willow River, Canada

#466324 Jul 27, 2013
Free Grace 7 wrote:
<quoted text>June, seriously, do you really think you are educated on the history of the Canon?
If canon law was aligned to the will of a god, why would a pope change the system to suit his self???

If you don't ask the pertinent questions, you don't want new information, and that is your right.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

In the early part of the 20th century, Pope Pius X determined that the canon laws should be updated. He requested that extraneous text be removed and all of the documents be turned into one specific code. He also called for the removal of narratives and portions that were later deemed obsolete by newer revisions. This was released in 1919 as the Code of the Canon Law (1917) and went into effect in 1918.

http://answers.encyclopedia.com/question/cano...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Big Al 995,015
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 min Peter Ross 447,379
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Canary Cohen Sings 71,517
staceygstring 2 hr night machine 1
How is it possible that God has always existed?? 2 hr Doctor REALITY 6
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 4 hr Joe Fortuna 76
You UGLY..MURDERER! you ugly AZZ..MURDERER!! 5 hr Doctor REALITY 1