Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670351 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#466198 Jul 27, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Rose, if you are saying that OSAS is Dom, and is a good teacher, you are wrong.
a Good Bible Teacher uses his own knowledge to impart to a student what the bible says, not what another person believes it says.
and where does that Bible teacher get his knowledge, first, he is called by God to be a teacher, second, he studies the Bible and meditates on it, both day and night. third, he lives the Bible in all of his doings, it is a fallacy to believe that you can be a Bible teacher(different than strictly a Bible Scholar, which is what Dom is, imo)and not adhere to ALL of its Teachings. Tony fits this mode, and I don't believe that DOM does.
look at GIF and myself. when we speak, it is what the Bible says, not a a. rogers, a murray or a b graham.
If we quote another person, it will be a king David, A Paul, a Simon Peter or a John, or other Bible persons.
see the difference?.
over 30 years ago, people flocked to hear Hal Lindsay, a Bible Scholar speak about How the earth will see the Coming of the Lord in just a few years. and yet the Bible clearly said using the Words of Jesus, that no man knows the day or the hour
I did not wish to start dissension ..really .

I knew,Marge was,having the same confusion I as.

Dom? Showed me a teaching that was enlightening
I passed it to Marge,

Please,don't blame them .it was,my fault.:(

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#466199 Jul 27, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Atemcowboy....man called of God...hiding behind the skirts of granddaughter...
Atemcowboy said"
my granddaughters testimony on facebook.
A month ago i re-entered church and asked god to be apart of my life,Not because he had given up on me but because i had given up living my life for him. I thought this experience would be a breeze but its been one of the roughest rides ive been on. This past week has been filled with nothing but heart break,And it threw me off in the beginning but its opened my eyes to many things. I see how this life is short and im completely done with thinking were guaranteed tomorrow.I have a wonderful life and some pretty special people in it and its time to start appreciating it more!— feeling blessed.
If that is a testimony of one's Salvation...I will eat it!!!
Ox really

Why are you having such a hard time with what this,child
Posted on a,social network from her phone

In this,day and age children are ashamed to talk about belief

To mention GOD even can cause them to be ostracized by their peers.

If my grandchild did such a thing I would be very proud ..caps or not .

Mine are too young for phones, but I hope they have such a testimony in the future:)
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#466200 Jul 27, 2013
Free Grace 7 wrote:
Those who denied the canonicity of most (if not all) of the apocrypha (i.e. they denied the Roman Catholic canon) throughout the centuries:
Jews Prior to Jamnia
The Talmud
Philo of Alexandria
Jesus ben Sirah
The Essenes
Josephus
Church Fathers
Melito of Sardis
Julius Africanus
Origen
Hilary of Poitiers
Cyril of Jerusalem
Athanasius
Epiphanius
Gregory Nazianzus
Amphilochius
Basil the Great
Rufinus
Jerome
Anastasius of Antioch
Primasius
Nicolas of Lyra
Pope Gregory the Great
John of Damascus
Medieval Writers
Glossa Ordinaria
Cardinal Cajetan
The Venerable Bede
Agobard of Lyons
Alcuin
Walafrid Strabo
Haymo of Halberstadt
Ambrose of Autpert
Radulphus Flavicencius
Hugh of St. Victor
Richard of St. Victor
John of Salisbury
Peter Cellensis
Rupert of Deutz
Honorius of Autun
Peter Comestor
Peter Mauritius
Adam Scotus
Hugh of St. Cher
Philip of Harvengt
Nicholas of Lyra
William of Ockham
Antoninus
Alonso Tostado
Dionysius the Carthusian
Thomas Walden
Jean Driedo
John Ferus
Jacobus Faber Stapulensis
your very first example is a lie. There is no need to examine the next 50.

Your list only proves why Christ set up an authority to make those decisions. you seem to think Our Lord set up this doctrinal free for all we call 'Protestantism'

Since: Nov 08

usa

#466201 Jul 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The early ape-like humans had imaginations that went flying off in all directions, and in that regard nothing has changed.
There is not a religion on earth that didn't have "teachers" who were certain they should be leaders of others.
Even the Buddhist teachings encourage "followers" to think on their own ... but within that milieu to be sure to believe in reincarnation, with the untouchables being the most unfortunate ones that have to reincarnate countless times to suffer more and more before they reached enlightenment as was and is the lofty position of their "teachers."
When someone promises you that if you follow their string of words you will attain enlightenment (eternal bliss)... it's time to run the other way.
I've never ran from anything in my life, there will always be men in the world that get a taste of a little power and they get hungry for more, especially when they see there is money to be made in it, that's why we have so many of these phony tv evangelists, living mansions, collecting antique airplanes and cars, art work, and yet there thousands out there starving, they claim to of heard the calling, to go out and spread gods word, did god also tell them to squeeze every penny out of them that they could?? them tell these poor people to just have faith? how can people be so blind not to realize they are being duped, I'll never understand it.

usa

#466202 Jul 27, 2013
tis is for those who have wished me well during my cancer battle and said prayers for me and given their best wishes, I had my tests done a few days ago and a small inoperable tumor show up in the middle of my back, there hoping a new radiation technique, will take care of the problem, so it sit and wait time, it was caught very early, it's so small they can not even do a biopsy on it yet, so hopefully I'll get lucky once again.
headlines

AOL

#466203 Jul 27, 2013

ISRAEL to give POPE "Custody" of Temple Mount --

http://youtu.be/Qt9kEQB4ti8

usa

#466204 Jul 27, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You continue to confirm EXACTLY what I have said over and over again, Confrinting, that Protestant bible only (so-called Christianity) "cannot" exist on its own with attacking, condemning and passing their "judgemental heretical and hypocritical OPINIONS" against Jesus Christ and His One (and only one) historically and biblically PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church!!!(all 42,000 of you)!!
still slinging the bull cookies I see, historically and biblically PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church!!! you you state this in just about every post you put up, yet you show no proof, historically or biblically. lets see this proof, show us where Jesus declares the catholic church his church? what book, chapter is this written? he never says this he was not even alive when the church was created by pagan emperor Constantine, since Jesus never really moved to far away from his homeland, why would he out of the blue decide to go to a land that conquered his people, raped, killed burned and stole everything they owned, now tell me it makes sense he would go to this country and build what would be the greatest wonder of the world? out of all the people on this post you are the most blind person I've ever seen on here, closed to any idea outside of the unholy church teachings. in a way I feel sorry for you. "deaf, dumb and blind boy, but he plays a mean game of pinball"
a (passage from a song I like.)

usa

#466205 Jul 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Ellen G. White ... leader of the Seventh Day Adventist religion.
If the bible is easy to understand ... why did so many preachers get the URGE to write books about its "meanings" ... yet they never agree ON the meanings???
Human insight or outsight is not at all dependable.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
During her lifetime she wrote more than 5,000 periodical articles and 40 books; but today, including compilations from her 50,000 pages of manuscript, more than 100 titles are available in English.
http://www.whiteestate.org/about/#who
It's all about money, nothing more, they make it sound difficult, but it's really not, but to make money, they must make it seem impossible to really understand

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#466206 Jul 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Typos
Salvation is from JESUS ALONE ..
~~~

AMEN

JESUS IS SALVATION...yeshu&#770; &#8219;a&#770;h

Isa 59:16 And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore his arm brought ==>SALVATION<-- unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him.

Isa 59:17 For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of ==>SALVATION<== upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloke.

SALVATION (JESUS)DEFINED

H3444
&#1497;&#1513;&#14 73;&#1493;&#1468;& #1506;&#1492;

yeshu&#770;&#8219;a &#770;h JESUS

yesh-oo'-aw
Feminine passive participle of H3467;

something saved, that is,(abstractly)

(JESUS IS)

deliverance;

hence aid,

victory,

prosperity:-

deliverance,

health, help (-ing),

salvation,

save, saving (health), welfare.

“Unadulterated Grace - Rom 11:6”

Since: Jul 13

Chicagoland

#466207 Jul 27, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>cant you use and give YOUR OWN OPINE, instead of relying on the shirttails of others ,just as you used to do with me.lol
Atem, Im teachable, and that is one of the differences between us. Also, I can tell when something is counterfeit, by comparing what is said out there. There is no need for "opinion", when evidence is presented.

Chicagoland

#466208 Jul 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not wish to start dissension ..really .
I knew,Marge was,having the same confusion I as.
Dom? Showed me a teaching that was enlightening
I passed it to Marge,
Please,don't blame them .it was,my fault.:(
You are teachable. No fault in that.

Chicagoland

#466209 Jul 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
your very first example is a lie. There is no need to examine the next 50.
Your list only proves why Christ set up an authority to make those decisions. you seem to think Our Lord set up this doctrinal free for all we call 'Protestantism'
No its not. Just Try two more, and see where that list goes :)

Location hidden

#466210 Jul 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ox really
Why are you having such a hard time with what this,child
Posted on a,social network from her phone
In this,day and age children are ashamed to talk about belief
To mention GOD even can cause them to be ostracized by their peers.
If my grandchild did such a thing I would be very proud ..caps or not .
Mine are too young for phones, but I hope they have such a testimony in the future:)
First...I am not addressing a child...unless Atemcowboy has had a sex change..

Second....a born again Christian has not a problem confessing Christ before men: Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

Chicagoland

#466211 Jul 27, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have something to say to me...say it..I will respond...
I will sum it up for you. Mt 10 is dealing with the Tribulation period, and like I have been saying, salvation is not always in regard to heaven, but sometimes a reference to temporal deliverance i.e ones physical life being spared. Also, what is in view is rewards or reigning with Christ. Examine all the particulars.

#466212 Jul 27, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>I've never ran from anything in my life, there will always be men in the world that get a taste of a little power and they get hungry for more, especially when they see there is money to be made in it, that's why we have so many of these phony tv evangelists, living mansions, collecting antique airplanes and cars, art work, and yet there thousands out there starving, they claim to of heard the calling, to go out and spread gods word, did god also tell them to squeeze every penny out of them that they could?? them tell these poor people to just have faith? how can people be so blind not to realize they are being duped, I'll never understand it.
~~~

ANY THING, THAT MAN STARTS....

no matter whether it is A religious program...welfare, a supposedly

non -profit organization (SUCH AS THE ASPCA) always ends up as a profit

scheme of some kind...

SOME ONE ALWAYS ADDS A SCHEME TO PAD THEIR POCKETS...

LIKE THE "GOOD WILL" STORES HAS CREATED A MULTI- MILLIONAIRE.

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS UNTOLD WEALTH...Yet those that work

for it have taken an oath of poverty...

Supposing to represent Jesus Christ ...the pope sets on the UNTOLD

wealth

while thousands of souls perish from hunger every day...

___

JAMES THE BROTHER OF JESUS WROTE

Jas 2:13 For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.

Jas 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

Jas 2:15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,

Jas 2:16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed

and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are

needful to the body; what doth it profit?

Jas 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

___

THE MISERS OF ROME ...ARE A STENCH IN THE NOSTRILS OF GOD.

THEY TEACH...

DO AS I SAY

BUT,

NOT AS I DO.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#466213 Jul 27, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
tis is for those who have wished me well during my cancer battle and said prayers for me and given their best wishes, I had my tests done a few days ago and a small inoperable tumor show up in the middle of my back, there hoping a new radiation technique, will take care of the problem, so it sit and wait time, it was caught very early, it's so small they can not even do a biopsy on it yet, so hopefully I'll get lucky once again.
I pray that is so ..God bless you

And I agree on the rich churches..GOD'S,money ..That given to those,asking in His,name is,not for His,preachers,..or churches,.

They need Monet to serve their missions,..even internet and tv ministry .But enrichment ..no way.

Someone gave as site..

I looked up my favorite Christian Charity...

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm...

They use so little money for administration and fundraising ..all their money goes into helping ..a,lot of it into disaster areas and places like the SUDAN

SAMARITANSPURSE.org

They have a,4 star rating from this,Charity navigator

And wouldn't YOU know they are targeted among other Christian orgs

By t he,I R S.

Along with right leaning 501 and Pro Israel organizations ..

Anyway the point is not all religious orgs who collect money are charlatans.

These,people are at every disaster here and abroad with Practical help.

And did this in some places,like DARFUR way before the CELEBS found it on the map .

Probably the reason thEY were targeted...

The second part of this article is,MOST TELLING

http://www.aish.com/ci/s/52292422.html...

#466214 Jul 27, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Second....a born again Christian has not a problem confessing Christ before men: Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
~~~

YOUR ATTITUDE THAT YOU SHOW HERE TOWARD OTHERS, NEEDS A BIT OF OVERHAUL..

IT DOES NOT SHOW A GOOD CONFESSION OF CHRIST...YOU SELDOM PASS UP ANY

OPPORTUNITY THAT PRESENTS ITSELF ...TO CRUSH AND INSULT YOU SEEM TO

GLORY IN IT.

EXAMPLE OF MY OBSERVATION..

YOU WROTE..

QUESTION..
IS THAT A REMARK THAT SHOULD COME FROM A CHRISTIAN?

How does your word fit the words of Jesus that said

Luk_6:31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

Luk_6:33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#466215 Jul 27, 2013
Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>Clay, with all due respect, I challenge your church authority in its singular sense, against all other churches. I challenge you both theologically, and even within using the patristics, even your own church historians/theologians. Are you up for that? For starters, where would you point to, to establish authority, aside from Scripture?
Maybe you can help me out with what your faith is. Because this is what I see from you all:

1. Christ is not guiding anyone to Biblical truth.

2..Or he's only guiding some of the born agains?
Or just you?

3. Christ and His Apostle were executed so that the world would be confused on the truth, mainly do to inept first and second century Christians- who believed and taught:
A. The Eucharist.
B. infant Baptism
C. Church hierarchy
D. Sunday as the day of the Lord.

4. Christ established a Biblical canon with no Earthly authority to interpret it?

5. The truth (although clearly messed up in the first century) was really messed up when Constantine legalized Christianity and combined Pagan Sun god worship with Christianity in 313 AD?

6. Five of the Apostles wrote letters to people but mysteriously, never explained exactly what they were trying to instruct. The truth was not that essential? Or it took Bible scholars in the 20th century to decipher the Ministry of Jesus Christ?

I literally could go on and on at the thousands of make believe scenarios and lack of logic coming from you guys. The Evangelicals are terrible at addressing the truth. They just mumble: bible bible bible bible. word of God. word of God.

If your scenario is truth, then Christ is a fraud and Christianity is nothing but another Hindu type or ancient mythology religion. Got it? He established Church, not a Book. You now wage a war against this Church with terribly misguided info, slander and propaganda.

truth

Thornlie, Australia

#466216 Jul 27, 2013
1/3=not save
1/3=save but not for so long
1/3=save for 1000 years
then

peace be with you all..
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#466217 Jul 27, 2013
http://youtu.be/AgmP3giuYCk

NEW POPE VOWS TO KILL EVERY PROTESTANT

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 25 min Elerby 100,534
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr another viewer 980,168
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Jehowa Witness 46,179
Treating others with respect 3 hr UnderstandPeople 14
Do any attractive cougars or milfs want to trad... (Dec '11) 5 hr Seejay 4
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 6 hr Peter Ross 6,147
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 hr Peter Ross 445,656
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 hr Pegasus 286,455
More from around the web