Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653888 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Chilliwack, Canada

#466133 Jul 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
What if it is a simple as this.
The Church started with the Apostles.
The church started with the Catholics teaching that a Jew named Jesus came to earth to save ONLY those in the Catholic faith, and that he was coming back to TAKE only those in the Catholic faith to Christian heaven.

The supposed apostles were simply part of the story to mislead with the idea that Jews left Judaism along with Jesus to support Christianity.

It was all nonsensical gibberish, as was and is all religion put forth by the lying theologians.

“Unadulterated Grace - Rom 11:6”

Since: Jul 13

Chicagoland

#466134 Jul 26, 2013
This is my(Osas7) new name handle. Free Grace 7

Chilliwack, Canada

#466135 Jul 26, 2013
The idea that the mother of Jesus, a staunch Jew (according to theology) became a Catholic saint, is one huge whopper of a lie.

That would be as unlikely as the pope's mother becoming a Protestant saint.

Chilliwack, Canada

#466136 Jul 26, 2013
Mormons didn't mess around. They promised that anyone belonging to the Mormon church "automatically" became a saint.

That was and is quite a "drawing card" for those who are easily swayed by titles.

Chilliwack, Canada

#466137 Jul 26, 2013
Free Grace 7 wrote:
WOW! That IS an impressive title!!! If it's free, you have nothing to work for, as the work has all been done. Mental wrapping paper and ribbon ought to give you an even bigger thrill.

I suggest that you keep those endorphins active within your state of hypnosis, or your well might run dry.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#466138 Jul 26, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
You posted so much misinformation above its hard to know where to begin. However as I said you are happpy with propoganda lies and dont want the truth nor to seek it. You learned from where? No I would bet you dont have the first clue what the church even means when it says infallible or impeccability. The Apostles were sinners, they made mistakes, yet you accept what they taught and you accept some of the books the church said are scripture, but you choose your own interpretation and own history. The church did not forbid the bible in other languages. A myth! I wonder how many Protestants would have a bible if they had to pay 15-20,000 which is what a bible today would cost if compared to time. Today half the world still cannot read. Jesus didnt say pass out these books and see what everyone thinks. He said Preach. He founded a church, the Apostles appointed others. Paul says to Timothy not to ordain just anyone. That doesnt sound like a mail oder preacher. Hebrews says to obey those who are over you and do not give them grief. When thEIR was a dispute on circumcision a council was held. There was a way. In your world everyone has their own truth of what they say the bible says. Noone has more authority than anyone else so truth is cast to relativity. ALL Rabbis had authority to bind and losse but not to the exlusion of the Key Holder or high priest. Peter was given the keys. King David committed murder and adultery. Is he no longer a prophet? Was he no longer a King? Does receiving Christ exempt you from backsliding? Some protestants will say yes others no. But the subjects are endless. No I dont think God will find differences foolish. False teachers are warned about. Yeah I know the church is the beast and the antichrist and all according to some protestants. Hey some protestants are contesting Paul as scripture too. Some say you left too many out. The church was redefined so its all good now depending on who you ask. And NO JOhn Paul did not teach what you claim
http://www.columbia.edu/cu/augustine/a/unity....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_apologie...

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/a...

We,all sin ..I know that .

When I was a young person never heard of the Inquistion..

It happened ..if the Church did nit bring it about...it did not stop it.

Those responsible ...if not the Holy Office. Could have Been excommunicated.

Your church was entwined in politics,..plain and simple

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#466139 Jul 26, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
You posted so much misinformation above its hard to know where to begin. However as I said you are happpy with propoganda lies and dont want the truth nor to seek it. You learned from where? No I would bet you dont have the first clue what the church even means when it says infallible or impeccability. The Apostles were sinners, they made mistakes, yet you accept what they taught and you accept some of the books the church said are scripture, but you choose your own interpretation and own history. The church did not forbid the bible in other languages. A myth! I wonder how many Protestants would have a bible if they had to pay 15-20,000 which is what a bible today would cost if compared to time. Today half the world still cannot read. Jesus didnt say pass out these books and see what everyone thinks. He said Preach. He founded a church, the Apostles appointed others. Paul says to Timothy not to ordain just anyone. That doesnt sound like a mail oder preacher. Hebrews says to obey those who are over you and do not give them grief. When thEIR was a dispute on circumcision a council was held. There was a way. In your world everyone has their own truth of what they say the bible says. Noone has more authority than anyone else so truth is cast to relativity. ALL Rabbis had authority to bind and losse but not to the exlusion of the Key Holder or high priest. Peter was given the keys. King David committed murder and adultery. Is he no longer a prophet? Was he no longer a King? Does receiving Christ exempt you from backsliding? Some protestants will say yes others no. But the subjects are endless. No I dont think God will find differences foolish. False teachers are warned about. Yeah I know the church is the beast and the antichrist and all according to some protestants. Hey some protestants are contesting Paul as scripture too. Some say you left too many out. The church was redefined so its all good now depending on who you ask. And NO JOhn Paul did not teach what you claim
Dust believe and worship how you please,..We all will

JESUS CHRIST IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANY DENOMINATION.

These all read the same thing ..look at any version

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#466140 Jul 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe that a god called you to his service to teach others that if they don't follow your interpretation of biblical words they will go to hell.
You are a vile human, who should not be allowed anywhere near children whom you could infect with your idiocy.
Even adults take their chances with you as their supposed teacher of truth.
Arrogant idiot!
~~~

I am whom God says I am....and your gods opinion is the same toward you as it is toward me...

He HATES US BOTH AND aspires to destroy both of us...

You don't realize that you are but a

pawn/AN instrument in his hands..and

when he gets through using YOU.... to destroy as many believers s he can,

HE WILL DESTROY YOU.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#466141 Jul 26, 2013
Free Grace 7 wrote:
I like it !!!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#466142 Jul 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You have the scriptures that establish the Roman Catholic church. It's called the new testament on which you re-lie.
PROVE IT...Show me where?

Chicagoland

#466143 Jul 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW! That IS an impressive title!!! If it's free, you have nothing to work for, as the work has all been done. Mental wrapping paper and ribbon ought to give you an even bigger thrill.
I suggest that you keep those endorphins active within your state of hypnosis, or your well might run dry.
Salvation is a...GIFT(Ephesians 2:8,9). A gift, is given to a recipient, expecting nothing in return.
However, or hopefully, the recipient is thankful, an lives a life of gratitude and appreciation(though it is not required).
truth

Thornlie, Australia

#466144 Jul 26, 2013
without believers is not church ..without believers not leaders and truthful politics..politics is good leadership..
'who is my brothers and sisters'= Jesus say..you are my brothers and sisters who listen me..
Who is my church=you are my alive church people and believers..

it is written

'all of them will bow down'

Chicagoland

#466145 Jul 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I like it !!!!
Thanks!!!
truth

Thornlie, Australia

#466146 Jul 26, 2013
god love us..all weakness and error heavenly know about us all..
now
Are you for sure someone not see creation?

Chicagoland

#466147 Jul 26, 2013
Augustine...rejected the idea that ‘the power of the keys’ had been entrusted to Peter alone.

His primacy was simply a matter of personal privilege and not an office. Similarly, he never reproached the Donatists for not being in communion with Rome, but with lack of communion with the apostolic Sees as a whole. His view of Church government was that less important questions should be settled by provincial councils, greater matters at general councils (W.H.C. Frend, The Early Church (Philadelphia: Fortress, 1965), p. 222).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Hugh_Cli...

Before his passion the Lord Jesus, as you know, chose those disciples of his, whom he called apostles. Among these it was only Peter who almost everywhere was given the privilege of representing the whole Church. It was in the person of the whole Church, which he alone represented, that he was privileged to hear,‘To you will I give the keys of the kingdom of heaven’(Mt 16:19). After all, IT ISN'T JUST ONE MAN that RECEIVED THESE KEYS, but the Church in its unity. So this is the reason for Peter’s acknowledged pre–eminence, that he stood for the Church’s universality and unity, when he was told,‘To you I am entrusting,’ what has in fact been ENTRUSTED TO ALL.
I mean, to show you that it is the Church which has received the keys of the kingdom of heaven, listen to what the Lord says in another place to ALL HIS APOSTLES:‘Receive the Holy Spirit;’ and straightway,‘Whose sins you forgive, they will be forgiven them; whose sins you retain, they will be retained’(Jn 20:22-23). This refers to the keys, about which it is said,‘whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven’(Mt 16:19). But that was said to Peter. To show you that Peter at that time stood for the universal Church, listen to what is said to him, what is said TO ALL the faithful, THE SAINTS:‘If your brother sins against you, correct him between you and himself alone’(John Rotelle, Ed., The Works of Saint Augustine (Hyde Park: New City, 1994), Sermons, III/8 (273-305A), On the Saints, Sermon 295.1-3, pp. 197-198).
truth

Thornlie, Australia

#466148 Jul 26, 2013
Now i am going pick up my money i have 3 tickets extra not collect my money..i win something again.

i can if i want..o inside will be now full of everything..could you imagen deference eye over your head..ohhhh
truth

Thornlie, Australia

#466149 Jul 26, 2013
i told you your planet is less then child marble..
planet up to planet..
could you imagen someone who can control entire sun system and control with mind..
truth

Thornlie, Australia

#466150 Jul 26, 2013
they teach about virtue..
'conciseness' is one of them..mind=if someone can control entire system of this civilization..

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#466151 Jul 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine with me and you do not understand ..I do not HATE the CC.
I was,most disillusioned when I learned it's,history in the Middle
Ages. I was taught the CC was,every thing good in the world .
That it's,POPES were,infallible holy men.
That was,NOT always the case,..And its,sad that you all cannot admit
it
Your Blessed,Pope did and I think if anything is,responsible fir your church gaining believers,it was,HIS,honesty...And humility .
Just my opinion .
And as,I have shown more than once ..the bible's used by most CHRISTIANS,INCLUDING THE CC..say the same thing .
As fir bibles ..your church and the Church of England did nit even want them printed in language of the people .
I've said before this is one reason that freedom to worship as codified in this country.
So t her is,NO STATE,RELIGION as was in the Middle,ages ..intertwining Church and the monarchies.
Treating the,Pope and bishops as king and princes.
This is,not how,JESUS,intended His,CHURCH to be .
Not a temple with only the priests to tell us what God meant .
Peter was the servant of the people ..no one kissed his ring..he had none .
I'm glad,you all NOW have bible study
Maybe in a few generations,our churches churchrescan unite under JESUS,CHRIST not under an earthly king.
And the one POPE who wanted unity and was,humble enough to apologize fir all that was wrong ..You all ignore it deny what He said ...while canonizing him .
Her strange imo
But it is your church ..worship how you choose .
I do nit hate the CC.
I have Saud GOD USED THE CC AND THE REFORMERS at different times times in history for HIS,PURPOSES..But you hate us so much y oh cannot even see that none of the Reformation was an accident or against His plan .
There were real problems..they did nit want a new Church but reformation of your Church
BUT any mention at history is seen as hate..so believe as you choose about me or your Church.
In the end I think our Lord will find our differences. To be foolish
Hang in the Rose. the sun always shines after the Storm lol......God Bless!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#466152 Jul 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.columbia.edu/cu/augustine/a/unity....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_apologie...
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/a...
We,all sin ..I know that .
When I was a young person never heard of the Inquistion..
It happened ..if the Church did nit bring it about...it did not stop it.
Those responsible ...if not the Holy Office. Could have Been excommunicated.
Your church was entwined in politics,..plain and simple
SShhhh Rose(whispers) don't tell them the truth,those things never happened...lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min onemale 281,852
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 13 min ROCCO 63,676
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 15 min WasteWater 2,572
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 50 min Gabriel 973,749
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 59 min Peace_Warrior 618,735
Looking for Female Yorkie to mate with my male ... (Mar '13) 2 hr washington 167
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Annaleigh 106,489
More from around the web