Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665402 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#465997 Jul 26, 2013
who="Osas7" Has This Passage Ever Bothered You?
Matthew 25:31-46 - Works Salvation?
http://www.faithalone.org/magazine/y1988/88ma...
The Judgment of
Matthew 25:31-46
http://www.faithalone.org/magazine/y2011/11E2...

This is not 'works' salvation. It is...the Bible says...a JUDGMENT.
It judges between those who SAY they are good, and those who obey the gospel.

The conscience of the born again is troubled by the need of others, and they will 'feed the hungry','cloth the naked', etc.

The ones who do not do this will be judged 'guilty' of a lack of love.

KayMarie

Since: Sep 09

Chilliwack, Canada

#465998 Jul 26, 2013
Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone has a world view. Not just those of "religion".
I agree! But according to many devout religious believers (who only place high value on their own religions)... Atheists and other religionists have a misguided view of all issues and those in their own specialized religions have a "guided" view of all issues.

The imbalance is evident
For those who want to SEE
Look into the mirror
Self-inspection is the KEY

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#465999 Jul 26, 2013
who="June VanDerMark"
What the Catholics authorized it to say when they compiled that data in the new testament!
You worship the same words authorized by the Catholics whom you refer to as liars.
Silly fool!

Were that the case, it would be foolish to accept those words as truth.

However, the Catholics have been TAUGHT that their 'founders' authorized the Bible. But IF THAT WERE TRUE, the Bible would contain their teachings, and nothing in it would oppose their teachings.

KayMarie

Chilliwack, Canada

#466000 Jul 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
KayMarie
You indicate that you alone know the "MIND-SET" of the one and only GOD.

You are one of millions and millions of others who also perceived their selves as WISE men.

Arrogant fool!

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#466001 Jul 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If a god loves you (a Protestant) and disowns Catholics, he is one messed up ex-Jewish god!
:)
God talking to his self ... "Well, let's see now ... I first committed to love only the Jews ... but then the Catholics talked me into loving only them. But now KayMarie is even more persuasive than were those Catholics, so I guess I will flatter KayMarie as being the special one of the day. I wish they would all leave me alone to love who I want to love."
:)
This is the grave of Nicky Dee
Who died defending his Deity
His belief was true, his faith was strong
But he's just as dead as if he was wrong.

Chilliwack, Canada

#466002 Jul 26, 2013
The conscience of the born again is troubled by the need of others, and they will 'feed the hungry','cloth the naked', etc.
You honestly believe that you were called by a god to guide us on a righteous path.

You poor misguided mortal human-animal!

I believe that humans are no more important than are all other forms of life.

Religion is BUNK!

“Free gift means FREE”

Since: Jan 09

Chicagoland

#466003 Jul 26, 2013
The Judgment of
KayMarie
So, in your view of Scripture, if one does not feed the hungry, or cloth the naked, they will be judged on whether they will go to heaven or not?

Chilliwack, Canada

#466004 Jul 26, 2013
I don't feed the hungry. I feed me.

I don't clothe the naked. I clothe me.

Observe how the pope and his entourage live, and you will see that the ones who started the Catholic religion by writing words in a new testament, preached words of love, while living lives of over-stuffed hogs.

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

#466005 Jul 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! But according to many devout religious believers (who only place high value on their own religions)... Atheists and other religionists have a misguided view of all issues and those in their own specialized religions have a "guided" view of all issues.
The imbalance is evident
For those who want to SEE
Look into the mirror
Self-inspection is the KEY
Just as you believe you are right, on what you just posted here, which means, I don't see the difference between believers and non-believers thinking they are right!

Chilliwack, Canada

#466006 Jul 26, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the grave of Nicky Dee
Who died defending his Deity
His belief was true, his faith was strong
But he's just as dead as if he was wrong.
Hahahahahahaha

Good one ... thanks.

This is the smoke from June VanDerMark
Who went up in the sky with one big spark
She cluttered the air with her debris
Now nobody knows where she may be

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

#466007 Jul 26, 2013
The Judgment of
KayMarie
Also, as a addendum to my last response to you for this post, what separates your view from the Catholic view, which believes "love" is necessary(when they quote Galatians 5:16)? I only ask this question, if this is your view in relation to "salvation".

Chilliwack, Canada

#466008 Jul 26, 2013
Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>So, in your view of Scripture, if one does not feed the hungry, or cloth the naked, they will be judged on whether they will go to heaven or not?
The "matter" is written in KayMarie's head.

Rumor has it that brain-cells are conditioned to follow all commands of their human masters.

There is no free will for those cells.
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#466009 Jul 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When the brain-cells are all dead, there is NO resuscitation ... period.
If that were not so there would be NO morgues.
June:

That is why I asked the question concerning consciousness.

But I agree with you..., you have no clue about being conscious, whether alive or dead. I accept your not knowing....

Chilliwack, Canada

#466010 Jul 26, 2013
Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>Just as you believe you are right, on what you just posted here, which means, I don't see the difference between believers and non-believers thinking they are right!
Of course I hope I am right ... but I don't try to persuade others that a god believes I am right.

That is the difference.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#466011 Jul 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's another finger-pointing self-perceived holy one.
I suggest that if you study why women have abortions, you will learn to not be so judgmental.
I have never had an abortion, but under the circumstances faced by some women, if I was young I would choose abortion even at the risk of my own life.
I suggest that you live and learn instead of using your bible to believe that with your judging on behalf of a god that you are pleasing TO the god.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
From the book …“Abortion … by R. F. R. Gardner”… comes the following….first published in 1972.
The Worn-out Mother
There is, however, another group which the Scandinavians class as “the worn-out mother.” Writing of a group in Norway, Kolstad states:“All women within the group of medico-social indications were mentally or physically impaired beforehand; the pregnancy was merely the drop that caused the cup to overflow. Characteristic of their reaction are statements to the effect that they ‘cannot bear the thought of pregnancy and another child to tend.’ The state of impairment visible in the patient has, on the whole, been caused by social or economic factors. The housewife has, during a number of years, been worn down by chores, by bad living conditions, unhappy conjugal relations, heavy labor, many children, abuse of alcohol, etc. She has thus grown nervous and exhausted, she has lost her physical and mental resources, and is afraid of the future, of what will happen to the husband, the children and herself.”
You know nothing June from your comment of the desperation a pregnant teen or woman can feel .

It still would be better FOR HER SAKE not to have that child's blood on her hands..

Many people will give the child a home if she cannot .

Abortion is NOT reversible ..

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#466012 Jul 26, 2013
Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>So, in your view of Scripture, if one does not feed the hungry, or cloth the naked, they will be judged on whether they will go to heaven or not?
GROW UP.

it has to do with the [rewards] that one garners arriving in Heaven.

now cut and paste me to death.

Chilliwack, Canada

#466013 Jul 26, 2013
This was the Protestant who ordered a child of seven years of age to death for striking his parents.

He believed that a god saved him from Catholicism by making him over into a HOLY Protestant.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

To this pursuit I endeavored faithfully to apply myself in obedience to the will of my father; but God, by the secret guidance of his providence, at length gave a different direction to my course. And first, since I was too obstinately devoted to the superstitions of Popery to be easily extricated from so profound an abyss of mire, God by a sudden conversion subdued and brought my mind to a teachable frame, which was more hardened in such matters than might have been expected from one at my early period of life.

John Calvin, Commentary on the Psalms

http://www.theopedia.com/John_Calvin

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

#466014 Jul 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I hope I am right ... but I don't try to persuade others that a god believes I am right.
That is the difference.
Sure, because you put yourself in God's place. We say we are right, based on our view of God. You say, you are right, based on yourself. Either way, all sides believe they are right!

Chilliwack, Canada

#466015 Jul 26, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
That is why I asked the question concerning consciousness.
But I agree with you..., you have no clue about being conscious, whether alive or dead. I accept your not knowing....
I asked you to explain what you KNOW and HOW you believe you know, but I'm still waiting for your profound ANSWER!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#466016 Jul 26, 2013
Osas7 wrote:
Has This Passage Ever Bothered You?
The Judgment of
Only when I see Bible thumpers who don't live it as part of their religion. But I'm a weird sort of christian.

You see I will stand before God and offer myself in place of any goat he chooses to send to hell. After all if heaven is the way these hateful people describe, I don't want to spend eternity with people who's main practice in this life was to persecute folks like me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Rosa_Winkel 88,264
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 5 min MUQ2 968
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min truth 284,593
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 19 min bad bob 184,763
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 1 hr Seentheotherside 179
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 1 hr truth 597
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Aussie Kev 977,403
The Future of Politics in America 5 hr Nohweh 259
More from around the web