Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,587
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“Free gift means FREE”

Since: Jan 09

Chicagoland

#465598 Jul 24, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never known any car that could drive...up the road...down the road...or around he road!!!!!
I guess you never drove up a mountain road! Swing and a miss for you :)
Simple

United States

#465599 Jul 24, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
Sorry for the typos ..part is,me ..part auto correct.
our whole political make up would have been different..This country's founders may never have shaken off Spain. And England Had they been the ONLY religion here ...
I don't think so..God knew EHAT we needed. Actually what HE NEEDED us for.
To become a powerful nation..spread OUR FAITH all over the world ..win WW 2
AND BE INFLUENTIAL enough that the United Nations was
Moved to declare Israel a country ..And then ally with her all these years.
Would that have Ben possible or probable with ONLY CATHOLic settlers. Only the RCC..I really don't thinks
So. Not in God's GOOD timing
All I can say is wow to such a confused view of God. You think you know God so you know how he works and his desires. I do not think so.
Simple

United States

#465600 Jul 24, 2013
Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, the moment of "belief", that is correct, however, what you "may" not understand, is what is this "belief" in? I believe cars drive down the road, but that doesn't give me eternal life. Did you even bother reading that short study on James 2:19?
If you are saved at the moment of belief what happens at the moment of disbelief.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#465601 Jul 24, 2013
Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>The soul is perfected already, however, the body will be raised incorruptible later.
No it won't. That's absolute nonsense. The only possibility to transcend to the ALL is the state of pure energy--one not afflicted with any attribute of physicality.

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

#465602 Jul 24, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
So then....the answer to my question is "yes"....
"but belief for" is answered in your words "At the moment of belief"....do don't see it?????
Let's just cut to the chase, shall we? You believe that "faith alone" is false, right?

My whole point of "belief", is not in our belief, but the OBJECT of our faith. Works don't save, not even faith saves. Still with me?
Look at Ephesians 2:8,9
For "by" grace you have been saved(past tense)...

Observation: The ONLY word associated with the word "by" is "grace".
Not "by" faith. Not "by" works. BY GRACE.

When Sola Fide(Faith alone) is used, it is in its reception, not the means of saving. Faith is the vehicle of reception, to the offer of GRACE.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

CHRISTMAS

#465603 Jul 24, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSezs
I think we are disagreeing, more in our understanding of language(namely "repentance"), than in the concepts....
More or less, let me describe it this way. If one is born-again, then they first must have repented. If this is not so, then God would have overridden the free-will. This "repentance" is a lifelong commitment of turning from evil, the devil, sin and self, to God.
One is born-again only once. It is not a repeatable process. If it were repeatable, that would mean Jesus would need to be crucified again. So also, repeating repentance would mean one is truly not born-again.
In order for one to be born-again, one must be sufficiently knowledgeable, and be of contrite heart. If for instance one is emotionally "carried" away for a time, and consider themselves "born-again", this may or may not be true. Some emotional response, or insufficient understanding of the gospel, God may be leading a person to being born-again.
I think the conscience arises from the heart, thus one must have "ordered" passions, and this is an ongoing process. Actually if one's conscience is well-formed, the Holy Spirit does not need to tell us we are sinning, we will know it. I think when one is born-again, the conscience is well-formed, but it is our lack of understanding which generally leads us into sin. And the conscience then begins to harden. So one must have a contrite heart, which breaks this hardening process.( I am not equating that the heart is the conscience.)
Well nit exactly how,I would put it

We are born again

We may sin..the Spirit within us tells us it's,wrong.

If we keep sinning His voice ..pinching whatever you may want to call it gets,stronger.

God help us if we harden our souls to that prodding . Our consciences are a tool of the SPIRIT in a believer..imo

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

#465604 Jul 24, 2013
Simple wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are saved at the moment of belief what happens at the moment of disbelief.
if we are faithless, he remains faithful, for he cannot disown himself. 2 Tim 2:13. God does the preserving of salvation, since He is the "author" and "finisher" of faith.

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

#465605 Jul 24, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have often wondered if all this fallen angels ..one of them might repent a,hasty decision..their lived cannot possibly be better than they were in heaven. Imho
Well that is up to GOD
I agree, it is up to GOD. Based on the data He has revealed in His written testimony, it at least "seems", their fate is sealed, much like the believer's is(Ephes 1:13)

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

CHRISTMAS

#465606 Jul 24, 2013
Simple wrote:
<quoted text>
All I can say is wow to such a confused view of God. You think you know God so you know how he works and his desires. I do not think so.
We live in a country ..which up until recently ..was rooted in Judeo Christian belief.

The founding fathers,made sure FREEDOM TO WORSHIP was codified.

Do you think if it had not been that the NEW ENGLAND settlers,had been persecuted for their FAITH..That this freedom wouldn't have been so important to them

Do you really think it's coincidence that the settlers brought their faith with them

And do you thunk it's coincidence that this COUBTRY was,influential in ISRAEL becoming and remaining ..so far ..a sovereign nation .

There is NO COINCIDENCE with God.

You think He dies not USD HIS PEOPLE for HIS PURPOSE???

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#465607 Jul 24, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Herme:
I am ignorant when it comes to Bishop Maximus, I am sorry to say, but I am more comfortable with Maximus the Confessor....
You are aces in my book then,Maximus the Confessor, a real protector of the faith

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

CHRISTMAS

#465608 Jul 24, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know that "early believers" did not want to be part of the Catholic Church, considering the "Catholic Church" was not established until 325 CE.
That was an easy one.
Maybe you are confused on what was the "catholic" church and what was the "Church".
The Roman Church ..better?? All entwined with The Emperor .

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

CHRISTMAS

#465609 Jul 24, 2013
Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>Correct, because they have never been given the opportunity of being "redeemed". They don't have a substitute for their sin, like believers have. He who knew no sin became sin FOR US. Know the verse?
IMO

They all knew,and lived with God .

They did not have the evil one tempting them.because he hates them as he hates us.

They knew God as well as he did..just fell for his line of reasoning.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#465610 Jul 24, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a hypothetical ONLY question
We know of at least one instance ..Job..And another when Sat an is allowed to tempt Jesus. That there is communication between him and God.
Is there any possible provision that ANY OF THE FALLEN angels,can turn back and be forgiven ...??
This has nothing to do with Jesus dying for us..But is it POSSIBLE.
Angels do not receive salvation.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

CHRISTMAS

#465611 Jul 24, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Angels do not receive salvation.
Oh I know .Jesus died for us

The perfect HUMAN sacrifice

.as I said I just wonder if sometime since they fell..any one if them looked st their leader and said..This is NOT WHAT I signed
On for ..And prayed to the Father

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#465612 Jul 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Correct - some emoticons will "cancel" out another emoticon, if it was judged.
For example:
If I were to agree with this post and place a check mark ont he "Agree" judgicon, and if it posts to the forum, it will remain attached to the post until someone check marks the "Disagree" judgicon.
Once that happens, the "Agree" disappears, and the "Disagree" won't show up until another disagree judgicon is marked.
FYI - some computers, like the one I am on, is a hit-or-miss when it comes to these things - more of a miss than the hit.
Well I sure this info will carry me thru my Gold Years lol

Location hidden

#465613 Jul 24, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Misery loves company.
Well,I don't like miserable company...lol

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#465614 Jul 24, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I know .Jesus died for us
The perfect HUMAN sacrifice
.as I said I just wonder if sometime since they fell..any one if them looked st their leader and said..This is NOT WHAT I signed
On for ..And prayed to the Father
I wonder why you accept Jesus' death - your "HUMAN sacrifice", over the Maya's?
" the sacrifice of a human life was the ultimate offering of blood to the gods, and the most important Maya rituals culminated in human sacrifice. "
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_sacrifice_...

Is it because someone told you to believe that "Jesus did it for our sins"?

The odd thing about this, Jesus taught us that the Spirit transcends, and his death was to show that this was the case.

(11) Jesus says:

(1) "This heaven will pass away, and the (heaven) above it will pass away.
(2) And the dead are not alive, and the living will not died.
(3) In the days when you consumed what was dead, you made it alive.
When you are in the light, what will you do?
(4) On the day when you were one, you became two.
But when you become two, what will you do?

(17) Jesus says:

"I will give you what no eye has seen, and what no ear has heard,
and what no hand has touched, and what has not occurred to the human mind."

(22)

(1) Jesus saw infants being suckled.
(2) He said to his disciples:
"These little ones being suckled are like those who enter the kingdom."
(3) They said to him: "Then will we enter the kingdom as little ones?"
(4) Jesus said to them: "When you make the two into one,
and when you make the inside like the outside and the outside like the inside
and the above like the below
(5) that is, to make the male and the female into a single one,
so that the male will not be male and the female will not be female
(6) and when you make eyes instead of an eye
and a hand instead of a hand and a foot instead of a foot,
an image instead of an image,(7) then you will enter [the kingdom]."

(24)

(1) His disciples said: "Show us the place where you are,
because it is necessary for us to seek it.
(2) He said to them: "Whoever has ears should hear!
(3) Light exists inside a person of light, and he shines on the whole world.
If he does not shine, there is darkness."

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

Why don't you believe Jesus?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#465615 Jul 24, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Well I sure this info will carry me thru my Gold Years lol
Yes, young padawan, thru your "Golden Years".

:o)

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#465616 Jul 24, 2013
Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you never drove up a mountain road! Swing and a miss for you :)
I have driven up mountain roads...I have driven down mountain roads...but my car has not driven...anywhere at no time........

fyi: Drive: To guide, control, or direct (a vehicle)

Tain't what does a car!!!! Honest....check with the MVD...or any car dealership personnel!!!!!

Location hidden

#465617 Jul 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes, young padawan, thru your "Golden Years".
:o)
Whats a padawan, please.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Dave Nelson 775,493
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min Just Think 265,164
Why Im no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 16 min duststorm 441,781
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 20 min Chris Clearwater 175,666
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 21 min pmscomputers 96,744
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 37 min YTubeHeadlines 605,035
"1-STATE Solution" for ISRAEL says U.N. Official 40 min YTubeHeadlines 1
More from around the web