Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 640834 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#465801 Jul 25, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
WRONG...
I'M NOT ROMAN CATHOLIC
I DON'T DRINK BLOOD.... NEITHER DO I EAT HUMAN FLESH...
THAT A PRIEST HAS SUPPOSEDLY CREATED...FROM BREAD AND WINE
I FOLLOW THE BIBLICAL PATTERN IN THE COMMUNION OF SAINTS..
THE ACCOUNT GIVEN IN THE BIBLE IS OF HOW THE EARLY CHURCH RECEIVED COMMUNION IS
1Co 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:
1Co 11:24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
1Co 11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying,
This cup is the new testament (THE NEW COVENANT) in my blood:
this do ye, as oft as ye drink it,
in remembrance of me.
1Co 11:26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
1Co 11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and
drink this cup of the Lord,
unworthily,
shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
1Co 11:28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
1Co 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
1Co 11:30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.
You didn't do what "Paul" asked of you, before you posted your response....."let a man examine himself"

Nothing to do with your theory, but more in line with Self.

You'll promote it in one breath, but refute it through another.

You are confused on what Jesus (and "Paul") taught.

They taught about the Spirit.

Move past the words and understand their meanings.
headlines

AOL

#465802 Jul 25, 2013

ISRAEL to give POPE "Custody" of Temple Mount --

http://youtu.be/Qt9kEQB4ti8

Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#465803 Jul 25, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
I'll choose to stick with what the early Church taught.(before Satan over took it and made it into the evil Roman Catholic Church of course).
HAVE YOU REALLY DECIDED TO BECOME A CHRISTIAN...AND BELIEVE IN JESUS
INSTEAD OF ROMAN CATHOLICISM
THAT IS GREAT NEWS...WOW!...MAY WONDERS NEVER CEASE...
Here is what the early Church taught, before the pope Constantine corrupted it...

"It is fitting then, to not only be called Christians, but to be so in reality. Some indeed give one the title of Bishop, but do all things without him. Now such persons it seems to me, are not possessed of a good conscience, seeing they are not steadfastly gathered together according to the commandment"

"obey the Bishop and the Presbyters. with an undivided mind; breaking one and the same bread, which its the medicine of immortality and the antidote to prevent us from dying, but that we live forever in Jesus Christ"

"Wherever the Bishop appears there let the people be, as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church"

"Let us be careful to not set us up in opposition to the Bishop, in order that we may subject to God"

*Ignatius of Antioch, Bishop and Disciple of the Apostle John.

www.calledtocommunion.com

So, did Constantine mess up Christianity or did Ignatius?

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#465804 Jul 25, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?
These believed Christ was the Son of God. Were they saved at the moment they believed????
Leviticus 19:18

New International Version (NIV)

18 “‘Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.
Simple

Chicago, IL

#465805 Jul 25, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets say I die a true born again believer who was even baptized. I don't believe we need to be baptized to go to Heaven but if I'm wrong do you think that would keep me out of Heaven even though the fact is I was baptized?
Probably..you're that dumb
Did Naaman need to dip in the Jordan River to be cleansed of leprosy?
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#465806 Jul 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you again become a Protestant, will you lead others down a wrong path???
After all, you believed that Jesus came to save you when you were a Protestant ... didn't you???
And these days isn't THAT all that matters to the god that once favored ONLY the Jews but now favors only Christians???
Sarcasm intended
June:

Answer #1: I never became a non-Protestant. I still protest.(smiles)

Answer #2: Yes. I believe Jesus came to me first, rather than me going to Jesus, no matter what I previously knew, or understood.

Answer #3: Yes and No.(Compound question). Yes. It is all that matters. And No: God did not favor the Jews, nor does God favor Christians. God loves all, equally and without condition.
Simple

Chicago, IL

#465807 Jul 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The idea is for the two Christian parents- together within the covenant of marriage - to bring forth their child to initiate them into Christianity. Baptism was THAT important to the Apostles.
To you, its not important, so you took it upon yourself to overturn what they taught.
I thought you guys said the Roman Church screwed up Christianity? Baptism of infants pre-dates Romes legalization by at least 225 yrs!
At what point does Chuck say Christianity got Baptism wrong?
Remember....Catholic, Orthodox, and 80% of Protestantland Baptizes infants.
You are incorrect. Few protestant religions baptize infants.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#465808 Jul 25, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You are presuming too much.
a. a soul has never been proven to exist
b. Since a soul has not been proven to exist, I would think that an Atheist's view on the subject would be that since no evidence to verify such an entity exists, they believe it doesn't exist.
- as evidence is provided, then an Atheist may change their mind.
- whether or not "they have/have not souls", is really not for you to determine, but just an opinion you've expressed.
Since I am not Atheist, this is only an opinion of what an Atheist believes.
Of course, I am always welcome to an Atheist posting to me, if I am incorrect.
Thanks!
Not making a determination...am asking a question that only an atheist can answer...

Since: Sep 09

Kitwanga, Canada

#465809 Jul 25, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity has missed many important teachings by Jesus.

Go ahead - show more dishonesty.
You keep on promoting the idea that Jesus spoke words that were over three hundred years later compiled by Catholics in the new testament ... but then you admit that you don't even know if Jesus actually lived TO speak any words.

I suggest you make up your mind one way or the other, so you stop contradicting your own words, which could in turn be perceived as YOUR dishonesty.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

All History ignores Him.

The fact that Christ finds no place in the history of the era in which he lived,—that not one event of his life is recorded by anybody but his own interested and prejudiced biographers,—settles the conclusion, beyond cavil or criticism, that the godlike achievements ascribed to him are naught but fable or fiction.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#465810 Jul 25, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Leviticus 19:18
New International Version (NIV)
18 “‘Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.
What pray tell does that have to do with the price of ice in Alaska!!!!??????
Simple

Chicago, IL

#465811 Jul 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is what the early Church taught, before the pope Constantine corrupted it...
"It is fitting then, to not only be called Christians, but to be so in reality. Some indeed give one the title of Bishop, but do all things without him. Now such persons it seems to me, are not possessed of a good conscience, seeing they are not steadfastly gathered together according to the commandment"
"obey the Bishop and the Presbyters. with an undivided mind; breaking one and the same bread, which its the medicine of immortality and the antidote to prevent us from dying, but that we live forever in Jesus Christ"
"Wherever the Bishop appears there let the people be, as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church"
"Let us be careful to not set us up in opposition to the Bishop, in order that we may subject to God"
*Ignatius of Antioch, Bishop and Disciple of the Apostle John.
www.calledtocommunion.com
So, did Constantine mess up Christianity or did Ignatius?
Both played a part in its corruption. On another note, it has been said without Constantine Christianity would have withered on the vine. If this is the case it is not from God.
Simple

Chicago, IL

#465812 Jul 25, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
When a person dies and has not committed any sin...none..zilch. where will his soul spend eternity????
There will be no such person.
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#465813 Jul 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Not from my opinion.
At one time you were an Atheist that believed all religion was bunk.
Now you are a Catholic and believe that you will go to heaven and others will go to hell.
And by so-doing, you are certain you have UP-graded your self.
I believe you should think again.
June:

Lol....And I already stated that I am prone to overthinking, and you believe I should think again...?

I am always reconsidering, so that I may increase my understanding. Although I have gone up many blind alleyways, and must backtrack to get on in my journey through life.

I do not consider my search through Atheism an entire loss. In a way, I consider it a part of searching for an unbiased view. But more or less, each person comes trying to reinforce their world-view with pre-suppositions..., even the Atheist, and Agnostic.

What is perplexing to me is that most people do not take note of the zeitgeist....I guess they just don't take the time?
hojo

Chaska, MN

#465814 Jul 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I BELIevE you hojo.
The thing is sadly over the centuries Some of this devotion was lost amid politics ..power ..the CHU R CH itself and proclamations and influence in the things if the world..And the world's influence on it.
Made it much greater in the EIGHTIES R OF than in its,Spirit and the WORD.
WHEN corrupt men have influence in God's church it becomes as the TEMPLE.
IMO.
When men led by God pointed these deviations out..they were labelled heretics and excommunicated.
The inquisitors SHOUKD have been the ones excommunicated ..
The corrupt in the very ..should have been also.
Unholy men should never HAVR Bern in Peter's CHair.
A whole lot if deviation frontage original message you cited.
I don't think z Luther s started out to make a,NEW CHURCH.
HE and the others wanted the CHURVH they loved yo come back to Christ instead if politics .
Your church needed the Reformers ..But it took a long time for their influence to be felt in your CHURCH .
VATICAN 2 was,to be a,huge st e p in that reconciliation.
But tiresome I've seen post Herr ..it's message plus those of Pope John Paul ..fell on deaf ears
Just my opinion...
The Catholic Churches teaching on faith and morals has "always" been manifested, upheld and proclaimed in Jesus Christ, in and through HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church........ Reverence, commitment and dedication has (also) "always" been the cornerstone and the vine of the Catholic Church..... Just because some of its members have "gone astray" by their (inappropriate)sinful CONDUCT, doesn't change the fact that the TRUTH OF DOCTRINE has, is and will always (as it has for over 2000 years) be grounded and taught in Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church. Jesus continues to be the "way-the truth-and the life" of the Catholic Faith and the Catholic Church!!!!
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#465815 Jul 25, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>========
You said " We are experiencing God in ways its hard to conceptualize and even more difficult to put into words"
A very Orthodox Truth.
Herme:

I am drawn through the mystics, to the Truth....

To see through ritual is a grace.

I may be more Orthodox...(smiles) in my spirituality, than a RC.(Boy is that gonna make people wonder?) I see the need while on earth for a political center, but also spiritual freedom.

Kitwanga, Canada

#465816 Jul 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Constantine was never a pope. He was a Roman emperor who in order to try to pull the squabbling religious factions together under one authority handed the power of all religion over TO "bishops" of Rome.

Even to this day the pope is called the "bishop of Rome."

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Bishops of Rome under Constantine I

Constantine I's relationship with the four Bishops of Rome during his reign is an important component of the history of the Papacy, and more generally the history of the Catholic Church.

The "Donation of Constantine", an 8th-century forgery used to enhance the prestige and authority of popes, places the pope more centrally in the narrative of Constantinian Christianity. The legend of the Donation claims that Constantine offered his crown to Sylvester I (314-335), and even that Sylvester baptized Constantine. In reality, Constantine was baptized (nearing his death in May 337) by Eusebius of Nicomedia, who, unlike the pope, was an Arian bishop. Sylvester was succeeded by Mark (336) and Julius I (337-352) during the life of Constantine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bishops_of_Rome_...

Killing in "god's" name was their main aim.

Kitwanga, Canada

#465817 Jul 25, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
Lol....And I already stated that I am prone to overthinking, and you believe I should think again...?
You stopped thinking beyond your Catholic religion when you re-entered it with the belief that "What the heck ... it offers me salvation while others go to hell, so I'll just stay right here and dwell in the mushiest scriptures that I LOVE the best ... especially the part about wonderful, special ME being chosen by Jesus to dwell forever with him in eternal bliss."

YUCK!!!

You are as close to brain-dead as it gets without somebody pulling the plug.

Kitwanga, Canada

#465818 Jul 25, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not consider my search through Atheism an entire loss.
I guess NOT!
>>>>>>> >>>>>

Ancient times

Those labeled as atheist, which included early Christians and Muslims, were as a result targeted for legal persecution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_a ...
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#465819 Jul 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
The fact is, "I don't know" if awareness continues after the cells in my brain die.
If that is not a sufficient "answer" for you, then I suggest you tell us exactly what a god fed into your brain so that we can get on the right path and follow you home.
Ignoramus!
June:

To say, "I don't know.", is a sufficient answer for you...?

To me, what you are saying is like this, " I want to go to the store, but I don't know where it is, so I will keep roaming around until I run out of gas, whether I find the store or not."

To put as the foundation of an argument that " I don't know.", does that mean you reject the knowledge, and/or ability to know?

It seems more likely that you postulate, "I don't know.", and then support the postulate with ignorance(forgive the word)?

Could you clarify?

Kitwanga, Canada

#465820 Jul 25, 2013
So if this St. Peter existed as first pope, he would have been known as the "bishop of Rome.

My guess is Peter never was a pope because never even existed.

Observe the following lie ... one among many.

The idea that Jesus would have changed a Jewish name to "sound" more Christian, which in turn whitewashed the name of any its Jewish sound, is another slight of pen in hand by the Catholics.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Of all the disciples called by the Lord Jesus in the gospels, probably the one we can most readily identify with is Peter. Simon Barjona as he was known before the Lord changed his name to Peter.

http://www.biblestudyradio.org/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min onemale 280,830
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Buck Crick 36,757
Do married white women secretly want a black guy? (Nov '10) 19 min too fun 11
Do Indian men like Chinese girls 44 min Theresa000 1
Play "end of the word" part 2 1 hr andet1987 1,688
Chinese are dishonest, greedy and cold-blooded. (Jan '14) 1 hr andet1987 21
Sissy Boys love black guys 1 hr Sissyvanessa74 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Jake from State Farm 969,747
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Ricky F 618,241
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 4 hr Paul is dead 4,043
More from around the web