Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 673026 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#465747 Jul 25, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sweeping this one under the rug too???
I am not changing the Word of God. I am not a pastor or a teacher so how am I changing it? You said I change...how?
I think you put yourself in a teaching capacity once you open up your Bible and decide to educate people on the Word of God. I would imagine you taught your children that Sola Fide is what Jesus taught?

Its big deal if your interpretations are not what Christ wills for His Ministry.
I hate to say it, by my hands are washed before God, because I do not privately interpret sacred scripture. So if I'm wrong, I can plead to Him that I was only following the Church that installed the Christian Bible.

Since: Sep 09

Kitwanga, Canada

#465748 Jul 25, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
I fall into a bad habit of overthinking subjects
Not from my opinion.

At one time you were an Atheist that believed all religion was bunk.

Now you are a Catholic and believe that you will go to heaven and others will go to hell.

And by so-doing, you are certain you have UP-graded your self.

I believe you should think again.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#465749 Jul 25, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz
I think I understand what you are saying, and God forbid, that I lead you down a wrong path.
We are all experiencing God in ways which are sometimes hard to conceptualize, and even more difficult to put into words.
And at any one time we seem to have a certain clarity in our relationship with God, and try to describe it.
More or less, we are traveling either toward or away from God. And that is our decision, as a part of our free-will.
========

You said " We are experiencing God in ways its hard to conceptualize and even more difficult to put into words"

A very Orthodox Truth.
truth

Perth, Australia

#465750 Jul 25, 2013
lead me i say
i have to go..i know who complain..o did you see someone calling very bad name..noooooo..i never go see someone..definitly not..

i go where lead me see that you know about my warning..

o does meter if i am angry or happy..its still lead me..yes

i been in shop she sweech me.. go but i see what she done..i never fill shop like today..i can't breath full of oh that people..could you think about that..

about your lung..breath meeeeeee uuuuuuuuuhhhuuuuuuuuu..breath meeeeeeee..uuuuhhuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuhhhuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
h=8 u=21
do you see that numbers
proverb 8; 21
love me
love your god with mind and heart
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#465751 Jul 25, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
All I ask was your opinion. No different than you asking me if I believe osas. I guess one of us has the stones....
But you won't address OSAS.
Its proves one side of the born again movement is not guided to truth by the Holy Spirit..
truth

Perth, Australia

#465752 Jul 25, 2013
proverb 8;21
proverb 21;8
did you judge me

Kitwanga, Canada

#465753 Jul 25, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
You never 'believed' in Jesus as Savior. Thus, you were never 'born again'.
"The 'natural' man cannot receive the things of the Spirit.
You MUST be born again.
You are certain you can play a Jew for a sucker ... but I perceive that you have played your self as a sucker by believing such nonsense.

NO Jew in his right mind, even if he existed, would welcome your Protestant arrogance as being holy.

He would be a rabbi in a temple wanting the adoration of only other gullible Jews, who didn't know any better than to worship another human as a savior.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#465754 Jul 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you put yourself in a teaching capacity once you open up your Bible and decide to educate people on the Word of God. I would imagine you taught your children that Sola Fide is what Jesus taught?
Its big deal if your interpretations are not what Christ wills for His Ministry.
I hate to say it, by my hands are washed before God, because I do not privately interpret sacred scripture. So if I'm wrong, I can plead to Him that I was only following the Church that installed the Christian Bible.
I would imagine you taught your children that Sola Fide is what Jesus taught?
- honestly has never ever come up..nor with anyone else in my circle. So once again you are wrong.

I hate to say it, by my hands are washed before God, because I do not privately interpret sacred scripture.
- Yes I know...whatever the Vatican says you believe.

So if I'm wrong, I can plead to Him
- when you leave this earth you will do no such thing.

Kitwanga, Canada

#465755 Jul 25, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
So to be content in unknowing, is a rather insufficient answer,
:)

The fact is, "I don't know" if awareness continues after the cells in my brain die.

If that is not a sufficient "answer" for you, then I suggest you tell us exactly what a god fed into your brain so that we can get on the right path and follow you home.

Ignoramus!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#465756 Jul 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its proves one side of the born again movement is not guided to truth by the Holy Spirit..
Ok...then this question will be easy for you to answer:

If I die a true born again believer who was even baptized. I don't believe we need to be baptized to go to Heaven but if I'm wrong do you think that would keep me out of Heaven even though the fact is I was baptized?

How hard is a YES or No answer....

* If you can read, I'm not asking you to address anything. I asked you a simple question.

Kitwanga, Canada

#465757 Jul 25, 2013
My hope is that one day the scriptures in all the books that mortal men titled as HOLY will be a laughing "matter."

If that doesn't occur, religious right-fighters will continue to use those scriptures to claim that ONLY their own religions were "blessed" by the creator as being based on truth, and religion will continue on its arrogant path of divide and conquer.

This forum is but a tiny example of how religious right-fighters filled with arrogance "perform."
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#465758 Jul 25, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I would imagine you taught your children that Sola Fide is what Jesus taught?
- honestly has never ever come up..nor with anyone else in my circle. So once again you are wrong.
I hate to say it, by my hands are washed before God, because I do not privately interpret sacred scripture.
- Yes I know...whatever the Vatican says you believe.
So if I'm wrong, I can plead to Him
- when you leave this earth you will do no such thing.
Oh? Tell me then, what will happen to me, when I leave this Earth according to Chuck.
Will I wake up in Hell with the Pope, like Oldg says??

Kitwanga, Canada

#465759 Jul 25, 2013
Advertisement

Christians only ... Come to church and be taught that you can OWN a Jew. He'll be your very own chattel. You can use him for a dumping ground for sin, and he'll promise to save you for eternal bliss in a hereafter. He'll be all THINGS to you. He'll make you feel extra-GOOD when you are blue.

It's your day of reckoning. COME to us and we will teach you how to OWN a Jew.

And by the way ... bring your money, as our words of "encouragement" don't come free.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#465760 Jul 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get you guys. There are just so many discrepancies from generation to generation and from minister to minister. There is no continuity.
This doesn't sound like the 'church' you claim Christ started.
Christianity, from the gitgo, had discrepanices and a bogus continuity.

...and it continues today.

Why don't you believe Jesus?
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#465761 Jul 25, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok...then this question will be easy for you to answer:
If I die a true born again believer who was even baptized. I don't believe we need to be baptized to go to Heaven but if I'm wrong do you think that would keep me out of Heaven even though the fact is I was baptized?
How hard is a YES or No answer....
* If you can read, I'm not asking you to address anything. I asked you a simple question.
Are you merely believing that we don't need to be Baptized OR are you teaching it to others?

Imo, the first scenario wouldn't keep you out of Heaven. The answer is no on the first.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#465762 Jul 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh? Tell me then, what will happen to me, when I leave this Earth according to Chuck.
Will I wake up in Hell with the Pope, like Oldg says??
I believe when one leaves this earth it's very simple. Did you know Jesus Christ by faith?

Just like the bible says, we are condemned if we lack faith....period.

So if you're planning on keeping rules and rituals like you folks do at the catholic church to get into Heaven, you better think again. These are not my words but God's so spare me the "I have no authority" routine.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#465763 Jul 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you merely believing that we don't need to be Baptized OR are you teaching it to others?
Imo, the first scenario wouldn't keep you out of Heaven. The answer is no on the first.
My circle of believers/friends agree what baptism is. So again, your accusation about my changing God's Word is a lie. Yes, someone will ask me if I believe if we need to be baptized to go to Heaven and I will say no. That is what I believe, so how am I teaching and changing God's Word?

Are you guilty of false witness Clay?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#465764 Jul 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Imo, the first scenario wouldn't keep you out of Heaven.

*So if I die a true born again believer and I believe in osas and I wrong, your opinion applies to this scenario as well..correct?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#465765 Jul 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Mass started in 394 AD you say??
Why bother correcting you. You're not interested in truth. Keep worshiping your Bible and calling yourself a Deacon. It looks like you're doing pretty well.
Timeline of Roman Catholicism ... church is not supported by church history – not even Roman Catholic history.... Most of these changes resulted from the Roman Catholic church's yielding to ... The Mass as a daily celebration – 394 AD.

Ah am interested in your info that disputes this and shows the correct time table of your mess...err...mass.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#465766 Jul 25, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
My circle of believers/friends agree what baptism is. So again, your accusation about my changing God's Word is a lie. Yes, someone will ask me if I believe if we need to be baptized to go to Heaven and I will say no. That is what I believe, so how am I teaching and changing God's Word?
Are you guilty of false witness Clay?
I guess it comes down to whether or not you truly believe the Apostles taught that you didn't need to be Baptized. I say if they DID teach it, and now you undid it, then you would be guilty of changing if word of God.

The CC teaches that Baptism is necessary. But of course, one has to first hear the Gospel so they can freely make a decision.
You heard the Gospel and made a choice. I heard the Gospel too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min Holy Child Jehova... 104,590
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min Rider on the Storm 184,604
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 12 min blkguylooking 471
Best adult sites (Apr '12) 19 min Eric 9
Want to find a BDSM skype salve for light BDSM (Feb '15) 26 min ZACHSNOW01 11
White Women Feet Smell and Taste! (Jun '12) 40 min jj is cool 35
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 50 min lightbeamrider 4,048
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Holy Child Jehova... 981,223
More from around the web