Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 545,221
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#465489 Jul 24, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Clay, I READ. What I believe was clearly written by the Apostles. Jesus is ALIVE, and He empowers us BY HIS SPIRIT. The 'power' of men cannot build His church.
KayMarie
Bologna.

You'll cater to the forum with this untruth, and they may believe you - for a moment, but I've already shown you how you contradict yourself in your belief - daily.

Own it Kay.....and be truthful for a change.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#465490 Jul 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I comprehend that you are certain as a new age spiritual leader that your self is the image to be followed.
Once we figure YOU out, we will have it made and be on the right path to creating harmony in the world.
My self is not able to be a leader. It's too mortal and selfish and unruly to follow your "spiritual correctness."
Ah yes - no citations, but just more admonishments.

I understand.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#465491 Jul 24, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, there were many sects and cultures who had "burned innocents" at teh stake - not just the Catholics.
The early Pagans were the ones that taught the Catholics that the angry gods lusted after sacrifices of human and non-human animals.

Religion was used as an excuse for humans to be brutal in the guises that they were following the wills of gods.

Prince George, Canada

#465492 Jul 24, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
I FOUND FREEDOM WHEN I RECEIVED JESUS CHRIST
You perceive that OTHERS are evil and fodder for hell.

Your supposed freedom is not healthy for your self or for those around you who might take your words as truth and believe that they will indeed go to hell.

You are a danger to impressionable minds.

Prince George, Canada

#465493 Jul 24, 2013
KayMarie gives the impression that he is a puritan in his own eyes ... but I suggest there's much more to his story that he isn't telling.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
Years ago I watched, and listened to an interview of a mainstream Christian minister, who was dying from AIDS. He told of how in his earlier ministry, he had preached that those who proclaim to be gay could change if they chose to change … and if they didn’t, it was because they were just using it as an excuse to continue the “life-style” of promiscuous behavior.

He was a married man with two daughters, and as he traveled around the country, preaching his gospel to the believers, because he was telling them exactly what they wanted to hear, in their states of excitement, they would clap and cheer.

However, there was a story that he was not sharing with these believers. And that was that he had the same tendencies as what he was preaching against.

He told the woman who was interviewing him of how back then he was so desperate to change his attraction to other men, that he would place the bible over his crotch, and would then pray in sincerity, that he would be relieved of such feelings.

Then, his desire was such, that one weekend, crazed with passion, he had unprotected sex with twelve different men. That is when he contacted AIDS.

The interview took place eleven days before his death.

When asked what happened within his church, he said that he was expected to get up in front of the congregation and share all of the details … and then they fired him. He told of how he was a completely broken man … how he had lost everything … his family … his income, and what he thought were his friends in the church.

He shared how in the marriage with his wife, that she knew he was attracted to men, and he told of how they had only had sex a very few times, because to him it just was not natural.

He was very weak by the time the interview ended, but when asked what were his greatest regrets, he shared that he was the most sorry for preaching to young gays that they could change if they chose to change. He said he had heard that after hearing him preach, some of the young gays had committed suicide. And for being responsible for that, he was MOST sorry.

Prince George, Canada

#465494 Jul 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Ah yes - no citations, but just more admonishments.
I understand.
I'm stating my opinions, just as you are stating yours. I don't ask you for citations, as I don't have a need for them.

Prince George, Canada

#465495 Jul 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Bologna.
You'll cater to the forum with this untruth, and they may believe you - for a moment, but I've already shown you how you contradict yourself in your belief - daily.
Own it Kay.....and be truthful for a change.
You forgot to post "Self."

Prince George, Canada

#465496 Jul 24, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
I FOUND FREEDOM WHEN I RECEIVED JESUS CHRIST AS MY PERSONAL SAVIOR
IN AND AROUND 1940... IN A LIL PENTECOSTAL HOLINESS CHURCH IN SIX WEST
VIRGINIA I AM NOW 79...
Do you believe with those words you could impress a Jewish rabbi???

:)

My guess is, he wouldn't be PHASED or MOVED by the pride you have in Protestantism. He would be about as impresses as would the pope.

Prince George, Canada

#465497 Jul 24, 2013
impressed
Clay

United States

#465498 Jul 24, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I have the same problem. I went to bed around 11:00 and couldn't sleep. I sometimes am still up when Cathie comes home at 7:30
We know you guys are really up all night because you're watching EWTN..

“Free gift means FREE”

Since: Jan 09

Chicagoland

#465499 Jul 24, 2013
Simple wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why this soul thing being a spirit was perpetrated. The soul being separate from the body is not biblically correct.
Some say the soul is the mind, so perhaps I worded it incorrectly, and should have said our spirit is perfected? What's your thoughts?

Prince George, Canada

#465500 Jul 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Like I've always stated, you have much to learn.
A fellow stated yesterday ... he has given up on learning.

It seems that you missed what I posted earlier about Pagan cultures burning humans and non-human animals in the flames to appease the supposed gods.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the book …“The Golden Bough” by James Frazer

The Burning of Men and Animals in the Fires.

The Druidical sacrifices which we are considering were explained in a different way by W. Mannhardt. He supposed that the men whom the Druids burned in wicker-work images represented the spirits of vegetation, and accordingly that the custom of burning them was a magical ceremony intended to secure the necessary sunshine for the crops. Similarly, he seems to have inclined to the view that the animals which used to be burnt in the bonfires represented the corn-spirit, which, as we saw in an earlier part of this work, is often supposed to assume the shape of an animal. This theory is no doubt tenable, and the great authority of W. Mannhardt entitles it to careful consideration. I adopted it in former editions of this book; but on reconsideration it seems to me on the whole to be less probable than the theory that the men and animals burnt in the fires perished in the character of witches. This latter view is strongly supported by the testimony of the people who celebrate the fire-festivals, since a popular name for the custom of kindling the fires is “burning the witches,” effigies of witches are sometimes consumed in the flames, and the fires, their embers, or their ashes are supposed to furnish protection against witchcraft.
Clay

United States

#465501 Jul 24, 2013
<quoted text>
God sent Luther(that rose up from their own ranks ) with the reformation and renaissance...
They attempted to kill him...as they had untold thousands with
torture,..murder,.. burnings at stake ..in the inquisition.
and don;t forget the crusades.
No one will ever convince me that a true CHRISTIAN Church would ever
commit such atrocities.
THE BIBLE SAYS
Rom 12:16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.
Rom 12:17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
Rom 12:18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
Rom 12:19 ==> Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. <==
Rom 12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger,
feed him;
if he thirst,
give him drink:
for in so doing
thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
Rom 12:21 Be not overcome of evil,
but overcome evil with good.
See what I mean. You are not interested in truth at all. Truth frightens you.

"killed untold thousands, torture, burning at the stake. Inquisition , Crusades Blah Blah"

Why bother taking the time to inform you of facts when you could care less.

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#465502 Jul 24, 2013
Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I dont believe in your religious atheism either.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/06/24/ca...

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/06/22/chur...

There is even a site where they can get ordained as ministers!!!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#465503 Jul 24, 2013
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

~~~~~~

NO WHERE IN THE BIBLE DOES IT MENTION A ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...

IT IS A SHAME THAT A

Roman Empirical religion

(that has continued the dynasty

of Constantine) HAS HY-JACKED Christianity for OVER

1600 years, IN ROME ....

THAT WAS WHEN THE CONSPIRACY AGAINST THE TRUE WORD OF GOD WAS STARTED...AND IT CONTINUES TODAY...

GOD INTERVENED AND ATTEMPTED TO RESTORE TRUE

CHRISTIANITY IN THE REFORMATION

BUT THE SAME SPIRIT OF CONSPIRACY AGAINST GOD'S WORD CONTINUES TODAY...

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#465504 Jul 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you are pulling my leg.
Women of Judaism KNOW how strict are some of those RULES that come from the rabbis, who claim that GOD ordained the rules.
Observe Christopher Hitchens raking rabbi Kushner over the coals concerning the barbarism of circumcision.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Xx_ov2NiNo4XX
You realize that there almost as many differences among Jews as Christians, right ?

Judaism is referred to by Jews as "Tradition" and no Rabbi carries the authority of "God's Word".

You seem to think that there are only Hasidim. That is like thinking all Christians are Amish. LOL

Prince George, Canada

#465505 Jul 24, 2013
Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>Some say the soul is the mind, so perhaps I worded it incorrectly, and should have said our spirit is perfected? What's your thoughts?
Preachers state whatever comes to their mind.

That's why they are a danger to society, as they claim the gods told them what to say and what to do ... such as burning evil offenders of gods in the flames.

http://www.thecontroversialfiles.net/2013/04/...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#465506 Jul 24, 2013
who="Clay "
We know you guys are really up all night because you're watching EWTN..

What is EWTN?

KM

“Free gift means FREE”

Since: Jan 09

Chicagoland

#465507 Jul 24, 2013
Simple wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why this soul thing being a spirit was perpetrated. The soul being separate from the body is not biblically correct.
What do you think of this short study?

http://versebyversecommentary.com/1-corinthia...

Prince George, Canada

#465508 Jul 24, 2013
After watching that video, do you still believe that non-human animals are DUMB?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Stilgar Fifrawi 744,418
Are Women Intentionally Stupid? 18 min barelyable2 23
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 24 min WasteWater 4,610
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 27 min Kid_Tomorrow 4,250
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 29 min Paul is dead 2,902
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 34 min Kid_Tomorrow 1,119
Beko Servis TARABYA SERVISI (| 299 I5 34 |) Bek... 35 min halentfr 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 46 min Charlie Sheen 260,269
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr mike 601,449
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 hr Roberta G 174,213

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE