Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665307 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Free gift means FREE”

Since: Jan 09

Chicagoland

#465727 Jul 25, 2013

“In his opposition to accepting the Florentine canon and the equalization of traditions with Holy Scripture, Seripando did not stand alone. In the particular congregation of March 23, the learned Dominican Bishop Bertano of Fano had alreadyexpressed the view that Holy Scripture possessed greater authority than the traditions because the Scriptures were unchangeable; that only offenders against the biblical canon should come under the anathema, not those who deny the principle of tradition; that it would be unfortunate if the Council limited itself to the apostolic canons, because the Protestants would say that the abrogation of some of these traditions was arbitrary and represented an abuse… Another determined opponent of putting traditions on a par with Holy Scripture, as well as the anathema, was the Dominican Nacchianti. The Servite general defended the view that all the evangelical truths were contained in the Bible, and he subscribed to the CANON OF ST. JEROME, as did also Madruzzo and Fonseca on April 1. While Seripando abandoned his view as a lost cause, Madruzzo, the Carmelite general, and the Bishop of Agde stood for the LIMITED CANON, and the bishops of Castellamare and Caorle urged the related motion to place the books of Judith, Baruch, and Machabees IN THE "canon ecclesiae." From all this it is evident that Seripando was by no means alone in his views. In his battle FOR THE CANON OF ST. JEROME and against the anathema and the parity of traditions with Holy Scripture, he was aligned with the leaders of a minority that was outstanding for its theological scholarship.”

Source: Hubert Jedin, Papal Legate At The Council Of Trent (St Louis: B. Herder Book Co., 1947), pp. 281-282.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#465728 Jul 25, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't ask you to determine.
I just asked your opinion.
If I die a true born again believer who was even baptized. I don't believe we need to be baptized to go to Heaven but if I'm wrong do you think that would keep me out of Heaven even though the fact is I was baptized?
How hard is a YES or No answer....
A yes or no answer based on your question is impossible because I'm not God.

Since: Sep 09

Kitwanga, Canada

#465729 Jul 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You were/are correct.
According to your assessment of the issue, I am no longer correct.

When I was under the spell of religion I believed that Jesus was a real man who preached of love, but was not a savior.

Now I believe that the Character of Jesus and his apostles, et cetera was a staged play created by the ex-Jew Christians to start a new religion.

Without that savior tale (which was re-warmed from other savior-myth tales in other religions)... there would BE no Christianity ... no popes sitting on thrones beating their drums of (truth) as they excommunicated each other ... no Martin Luther salivating to marry his beloved to in turn start the Protestant religion ... no Joseph Smith claiming to restore the new testament back to its original "truth" ... et cetera.

Imagine all the killing that could have been avoided had there been no religion over which to shed blood!
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#465730 Jul 25, 2013
Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree, for the very fact of what Jesus said in Luke 24:44. Also, it's not a proven fact, that the OT Canon came "after" Christianity. Some speculate the OT Canon was closed at Jamnia, however, some say it was closed during the Hasmonean Dynasty. Look into that. I agree Christ established a Church, however, the word "church" means Ekklesia, which is not a isolated reference or code name for your Rcc. Also, if you do a word search, on a Bible search engine, the words "the church" are in reference to many established "church-es". The are many, but one, no different than the Trinity being 3 in 1.
I don't get you guys. There are just so many discrepancies from generation to generation and from minister to minister. There is no continuity.

This doesn't sound like the 'church' you claim Christ started.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#465731 Jul 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't want to touch that one huh?

And you accuse others of sweeping things under the rug.

Kitwanga, Canada

#465732 Jul 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus DID tell us about salvation.
Neither did Santa Claus "tell us" about receiving presents ONLY if we were good.

Men created Santa Claus to threaten children if there behavior was bad ... Santa wouldn't love them.

Kitwanga, Canada

#465733 Jul 25, 2013
their

Kitwanga, Canada

#465734 Jul 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I would never disagree with the early Christian writers on Dogma and sacred teachings from the Apostles.
The early popes disagreed with each other over who the god ordained should sit on the throne.

Religion is bunk, and that includes your religion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

From the book,“History of Christianity,” by Clyde L. Manschreck … comes the following ……..

With two popes reigning during the Great Schism, each anathematizing the other, many voices cried for reform, among them Conrad of Geinhausen, Heinrich of Langenstein, Peter of Ailli, John Gerson, and Nicholas of Clemanges. The agitation for a reforming council became so great that the cardinals of both Popes finally issued a call in Piza in 409. Neither the Pope of Avignon nor the one at Rome attended. Pisa declared both of them deposed, and elected Alexander V to be Pope. But the Popes at Avignon and Rome refused to be deposed, so that Christendom was faced with the spectacle of three Popes. The situation was intolerable.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#465735 Jul 25, 2013
[QUOTE whok="Chuck"]<quo ted text>
Don't want to touch that one huh?
And you accuse others of sweeping things under the rug.
[/QUOTE]

Exactly, i personally don't wanna touch that one. Your asking me if you're going to Heaven. I don't know your soul.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#465736 Jul 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sweeping this one under the rug too???

I am not changing the Word of God. I am not a pastor or a teacher so how am I changing it? You said I change...how?
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#465737 Jul 25, 2013
Osas7 wrote:
Philo the Jewish philosopher (20BC-AD40) never once quotes from the Apocrypha
Josephus the Jewish historian (AD30-100) specifically identifies the 22 books which equate to the Protestant canon (Antiquities, Against Apion 1:8).
The Jews acknowledged the cessation of prophecy with Malachi ca.400BC
Christ's division of Scripture (Luke 24:44) into the three classes accepted by the Jews (the Law, the Prophets and the Psalms) endorses the Jewish canon.
To the Jews were committed 'the very words of God'(Romans 3:2) and Christians receive these oracles from them.
The Essenes and Qumranite Jews around the time of Christ had Tobit and Sirach in their Scriptures.

The Sadduccees had only the Books of the Torah.
Isaiah and Daniel were not considered scripture by them...

If official Jewish canon came AFTER Christianity.
truth

Perth, Australia

#465738 Jul 25, 2013
after me stay lady
she tremble..i try speak but she not say nothing..i try ones more short words but she tremble..i try again say words until i see how she tremble..why?
greater is who is within you..she tremble..yes..what she see within me..

i am fine..perfectly fine..
proverb 2;8

Kitwanga, Canada

#465739 Jul 25, 2013
Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>Stop mischaracterizing me.
If you are in religion, you have the opinion that your religion has improved you a step higher than others.

People don't belong to religions unless it makes them feel superior in their journey to other poor dumb uninitiated slobs.

Do you think the dalai lama believes that HE is one of those "untouchables" and that the supposed untouchables are "enlightened?"

Get real!

It's not religion that the devout adherers yearn to save. It's their own BRAND of religion that they hold dear to their selves that they believe needs to be protected and nurtured for upcoming generations.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#465740 Jul 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, i personally don't wanna touch that one. Your asking me if you're going to Heaven. I don't know your soul.
All I ask was your opinion. No different than you asking me if I believe osas. I guess one of us has the stones....
truth

Perth, Australia

#465741 Jul 25, 2013
proverb 3;25
wicket can't have holy ticket

she follow me..where i move that day
good day i say
she tremble..

Kitwanga, Canada

#465742 Jul 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Save it June for after your ordination as an atheist minister
I gave you the link
You can start your own church ...just like the other atheists,.
Nit a religion. REALLY ??
Always felt that it was...it is churches and all.
My guess is, people that refer to their selves as Atheists and in turn start up a church, are making a mockery OF religion by playing the same games played by those IN religion.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#465743 Jul 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Look Oxbow
There is belief you have in your head..You are taught something ..say theology about Jesus ..You believe it.
But there is also the belief from your heart and soul..a movement within your spirit toward Him..a belief that it Was HIS SHED BLOOD is the ONLY source of salvation ...the only atonement needed to take your sins as,far from you as the east is to the west .
To say it's a feeling gives it less meaning maybe ...But it is your soul answering the CALLING of the SPIRIT ...the knowing that Christ is your only salvation..You REPENT and give your heart to Him
There is a big difference between knowing something and believing EITH your head
And believing and knowing in your heart and soul .
Excellent. Well said.

Kitwanga, Canada

#465744 Jul 25, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I understand what you are saying, and God forbid, that I lead you down a wrong path.
If you again become a Protestant, will you lead others down a wrong path???

After all, you believed that Jesus came to save you when you were a Protestant ... didn't you???

And these days isn't THAT all that matters to the god that once favored ONLY the Jews but now favors only Christians???

Sarcasm intended
truth

Perth, Australia

#465745 Jul 25, 2013
did you see my city
did you see train station bus station before free waymountby

did you see on edge as trocut tiny arhitect mistake..mountby before freeway
then did you see on other side free way look upon kings park monument up..take pencil lok in right direction toward which building..then look inside
light a skee<<<<<..look symbols

mistake error

Kitwanga, Canada

#465746 Jul 25, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Oxbow"
Demons know that we have such an invitation. They do not.
KayMarie
You are a despicable creature to believe that others are full of demons and you are holy.

You are a religious VAMPIRE!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Aura Mytha 88,110
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 7 min USAUSAUSA 124
News Medicare looms over Trump-Ryan alliance 11 min Taco-smacko 2
The Future of Politics in America 14 min Buck Crick 222
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min New Age Spiritual... 977,292
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 18 min LAWEST100 184,720
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 30 min Buck Crick 551
More from around the web