Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 555,038
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#465456 Jul 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes indeed ... they taught that religion was all about how to love one another ... as they set out on their torturing and killing sprees.
You've only taken one aspect of many attributions within religion.

Can you please post a citation that shows Hindus did this?

Can you please post a citation that shows Buddhists have done this.

What about SDAs doing this? Jehovah Witnesses?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#465457 Jul 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic authors wrote that Jesus said you are an idiot if you think that the Jew they created for their own religion loves Protestants. They converted that Jew to Catholicism before Protestantism was ever a twinkle in your Protestant eye. Jesus' mommy is a Catholic saint ... in case you are not aware.
Tongue in cheek
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
Athanasian Creed
1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith
Not to worry about me...

My old account was settled long ago..

paid in full.... by the BLOOD OF JESUS...

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and

the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

HE TOOK MY PAST SINS AWAY..

AND PROMISED ME THAT FROM THEN ON..

1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

2Ti_1:12 ......... I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#465458 Jul 24, 2013
First the Catholics tried to steal the one and only supposed god from the Jews by insinuating that he sent his only beloved son to save only Catholics. And then Protestants tried to steal Jesus away from the Catholics by claiming Jesus came to save only Protestants and NOT the Catholics at all.

I suggest these preachers that are pretending to teach us the meaning of love are fooling a lot of people when they claim that they KNOW the meaning of love.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book,“The Papal Conspiracy Exposed, and Protestantism Defended,” by Rev. Edward Beecher, published in 1855, comes the following.

At this time we aim; because it is our firm conviction that we, as a Protestant nation, have received our principles from God, and that he has assigned to us the sublime mission and the glorious destiny of making them universal.

#465459 Jul 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not my atheism that bothers you. It's that I won't follow you and your Protestant B.S.
Protestantism didn't arise until 16 centuries after the supposed crucifixion of your supposed master. Why was he hiding the truth from Protestants for so many centuries if he thought little old you was "special???"
Religion is BUNK ... and that includes YOUR specialized brand that you put upon your self.
Protestantism ...FIRST CAME ABOUT WHEN THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH WAS ESTABLISHED IN ROME..

AND THEY HAVE PROTESTED AGAINST GOD AND AGAINST HIS TRUE CHURCH SINCE THEIR INCEPTION.

Prince George, Canada

#465460 Jul 24, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You've only taken one aspect of many attributions within religion.
Can you please post a citation that shows Hindus did this?
Can you please post a citation that shows Buddhists have done this.
What about SDAs doing this? Jehovah Witnesses?
I've posted such issues many times! They all taught and teach that hells exist for the evil ones, who always happen to be OTHERS ... not their selves.

When YOU mention the word "self" again and again, it is plain that you believe you are not evil or marred by such imperfections as are others.

"New age spiritual leader" means what it states.

There's nothing humble about your stance.

Prince George, Canada

#465461 Jul 24, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to worry about me...
I don't worry about you. And you don't worry about me either. Nothing would make you happier than if your Jewish savior would boot my butt into your Christian hell.

You don't fool me with your preaching about love.

Your heart is cold as are the scriptures you choose to lambast others as evil sinners.

I've asked you why you don't preach that your god wants you to put others to death, but you ignore that, as I believe it strikes too close to your actual truth of what you would like to do to others, if only the laws would allow such activities!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed.(Leviticus 20:9)

If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die.(Leviticus 20:10).

If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death.(Leviticus 20:11)

If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death.(Leviticus 20:14)

If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed.(Leviticus 20:15-16).

If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)

Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death.(Leviticus 20:27)

If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake.(Leviticus 21:9)

People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)

Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community.(Leviticus 24:14-16)

Prince George, Canada

#465462 Jul 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Protestantism ...FIRST CAME ABOUT WHEN THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH WAS ESTABLISHED IN ROME..
Martin Luther created the Protestant religion in the 16th century.

There was much written about Christianity ... much squabbling among idiot right-fighters before the Catholics compiled the data in the new testament, but there were no Protestants on earth at that time.
Clay

United States

#465463 Jul 24, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
JESUS SAID..
Joh_8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
Joh_8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
SOME TIME THE TRUTH HURTS...
especially if it hits you right in the face...
THE TRUTH WILL MAKE YOU FREE FROM THE BONDAGE OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC
DOMINATION OF YOUR SOUL IF YOU Will ACCEPT IT...
THEN THE PAIN WILL CEASE..
The pain comes when the light of the gospel hits your eyes..
Ecc_3:16 And moreover I saw under the sun the place of judgment, that wickedness was there; and the place of righteousness, that iniquity was there.
Mal_4:2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
I get why Protestantland thinks like they do, at first. Basically, Protestants had the floor for the last 400 yrs. Everywhere they went, they could easily sway the folks into their thinking by simply opening up their Bible and pointing to a verse. Nobody ever questioned the minister because, hey, it says it right there in the Holy Bible!!!
But does it say that? Or does if self proclaimed Minister says it says that?
The information super highway will be the end of you and the other paper Popes. No longer will your accusations go unquestioned.
Catholicism can be proven, both from scripture, sacred tradition, history and logic.
I find it hard to believe no Protesters bothered to read the writings of the first Christians to see what the Apostles communicated orally- before, during and after some of their teachings were put down on scroll.

The evidence is in. You have changed the word of God to mean something different than what was taught. You were excused for the last 50 yrs because you didn't know any different. But are you now? Ignorance won't set you free, I guarantee it.

Prince George, Canada

#465464 Jul 24, 2013
To my awareness, pope Benedict was the first pope to preach that the death penalty was not ordained by "god."

That should put up red flags all over your mental maps that religion was never based on any semblance of kindness whatsoever.

"God needs sacrifices ... burn prisoners and non-human animals in the flames to appease the angry gods."

"Put 'em to death ... the evil sinners!"

Horrible history ... nothing appealing about it whatsoever.

#465465 Jul 24, 2013
<quoted text>
AND THEY HAVE PROTESTED AGAINST GOD AND AGAINST HIS TRUE CHURCH SINCE THEIR INCEPTION.
God sent Luther(that rose up from their own ranks ) with the reformation and renaissance...

They attempted to kill him...as they had untold thousands with

torture,..murder,.. burnings at stake ..in the inquisition.

and don;t forget the crusades.

No one will ever convince me that a true CHRISTIAN Church would ever

commit such atrocities.

THE BIBLE SAYS

Rom 12:16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

Rom 12:17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.

Rom 12:18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

Rom 12:19 ==> Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. <==

Rom 12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger,

feed him;

if he thirst,

give him drink:

for in so doing

thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

Rom 12:21 Be not overcome of evil,

but overcome evil with good.
Clay

United States

#465466 Jul 24, 2013
<quoted text>
How come Catholic teaching looks remarkably similar before and after Rome legalized Christianity.

Doesn't it strike you at all, that the Catholic Church established the Bible at the Councils of Laodicea, Rome, Carthage and Hippo. And the sole purpose of having a Bible was to use during the Holy Mass? It wasn't to pass out to the folks so they can determine their own Christianity?

The Eucharist is the New Testament.
Christ said 'Do this in memory of me'.

You say He meant, "write this in memory of me"?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#465467 Jul 24, 2013
I like the Bible and early Judeo-Christian manuscripts. find them interesting, deep and meaningful.

However, the use of them by Christianity reminds me of a bad cellist at an audition.

The Maestro, after hearing her attempt to play, said, "My dear woman, you have an instrument between your legs that could bring pleasure to thousands and all you seem to be able to do is scratch it.".
truth

Perth, Australia

#465468 Jul 24, 2013
paza vaza waz zaw
https://www.google.com.au/search...
ww.google.com .au/search?q=keith+vaz&sti ck=H4sIAAAAAAAAAGOovnz8BQMDAy8 HixKnfq6-gWFVnnFebnLh-ohJ7hwvl zw9ujzxxLZbWheVAOqkrz8qAAAA &sa=X&ei=HwDwUZi5Do6Si Qfey4HoBg&ved=0CKcBEOkTMA8 &biw=1600&bih=767

your law is not my law
nooooooooooooooo

never

Prince George, Canada

#465469 Jul 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I get why Protestantland thinks like they do, at first. Basically, Protestants had the floor for the last 400 yrs. Everywhere they went, they could easily sway the folks into their thinking by simply opening up their Bible and pointing to a verse. Nobody ever questioned the minister because, hey, it says it right there in the Holy Bible!!!
That was exactly what the Catholics did when they burned innocent humans at the stake. They claimed that the god of the bible hated evil and heretics and witches were perceived BY THE CATHOLICS AS evil.

You just don't GET IT because that word "salvation" means EVERYTHING to you, just as occurs with the indoctrinated Protestants.

You are all squabbling for the attention of a JEW that you are so gullible as to believe if he existed would give a rat's ass about Christians ... of all things.

He would as always simply be a Jewish master with the Jewish title "RABBONI."

Religion is very silly in deed!

GOOD GRIEF!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#465470 Jul 24, 2013

Prince George, Canada

#465471 Jul 24, 2013
Picture the pope teaching the Protestant religion.

Now picture Jesus teaching Catholicism in a Jewish temple ... or just as silly ... picture him preaching Protestantism in a Jewish temple.

Ridiculous!

#465472 Jul 24, 2013
who="Oxbow"
We share something in common...
I have severe apnea...checked 6 mos ago...awoke 100 times in 4 hours...
Urinating need...every hour...
Wonju North Korea haunts me..I have kicked my wife out of bed...several times...have punched her more than once in my dreams.......hence...twin beds...
In my twin bed..I sleep with my dog..I have kicked him out of bed...several times...so he insist on sleeping next to my back...away from my legs...so he wakes me to turn over...

Many are haunted by N.Korea...and other such places. I would suggest making the dog sleep on his own bed. You make be using it for comfort that only God can give you. Commit your Korean experience to the Lord, and TRUST HIM to give you peace.

David said, "I will BOTH (1) lay me down in peace, AND (2) sleep, for you Lord only make me to dwell safely." Using this Word before going to bed can give you peace.(I grew up in a full house, but when first married, he worked all night. I had no peace...terrified to be alone at night. That verse helped me to overcome.)

I have brothers who suffer from sleep apnea, but they have never been to war. It seems to be affecting more people these days.

Peace to you.
KayMarie

Prince George, Canada

#465473 Jul 24, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
I like the Bible and early Judeo-Christian manuscripts. find them interesting, deep and meaningful.
Especially the part about how you believe you are loving and holy and treasured by god and how those other nasty evil ones will end up in hell.

That is the most meaningful part of all those old religions.

Sarcasm intended.

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#465474 Jul 24, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You continue to confirm EXACTLY what I have said over and over again, Confrinting, that Protestant bible only (so-called Christianity) "cannot" exist on its own with attacking, condemning and passing their "judgemental heretical and hypocritical OPINIONS" against Jesus Christ and His One (and only one) historically and biblically PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church!!!(all 42,000 of you)!!
My church exists,just fine..Not once have I ever heard the word Catholic..except back when I said I had been raised as,one..

I I imagine it's the same in most bible believing Chuches

You guys are not mentioned.

It could be that you are h e 're because that is the subject on the thread.

Also because if someone asks what your church believes,on a subject
For example where babies go if baptized...do they go to LIMBO as,I was taught..it sparks,a long bunch of posts,..finally an answer ..well kind of .

Maybe people just want yo know and every time they ask what is your opinion they get sent to websites.

Anthony finally answered what He felt.

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#465475 Jul 24, 2013
.....again with my auto correct ..fir some reason it won't keep the word UN BAPTIZED...obviously what I meant

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 765,081
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 17 min Innocent Holy dr ... 603,691
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 19 min Protester 33,136
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 24 min Trunketeer 4,966
Macy's Parade - Bah Humbug! 28 min Protester 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 31 min Remnant of 144000 39,166
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 263,608
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 2 hr Ayyan 1,187
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 8 hr truth 932

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE