Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
449,141 - 449,160 of 537,098 Comments Last updated 14 min ago

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God;
“Flesh and blood” refers to the mortal body, so our present bodies in their current condition cannot enter into the kingdom of God. Our present physical organism cannot go to heaven. The idea of “inherit” is to take possession of.
Looks like while you were on your little sabbatical from Topix, you actually learned something.

Good for you!

Keep it up!

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Dust Storm wrote:
Hey Protestants your brother Herme is posting in support of this site as well. Here you are. Clerics and Monks real Orthodox according to Herme. What a Phony. Decree
3. The same things apply to an even greater degree to Protestantism, which as the offspring of Papism
has inherited many heresies, but has also added many more. It has rejected Tradition, accepting only
Holy Scripture (Sola Scriptura), which it misinterprets; it has abolished the Priesthood as a unique
Mystery (Sacrament), as well as the veneration of the Saints and of the holy Icons; it has failed to
honor, or even, in some cases, slighted the person of the Most Holy Theotokos (Mother of God); it has
discarded monasticism; among the Holy Mysteries, it accepts only Baptism and the Divine Eucharist,
which are understood in a way that deviates sharply from the teaching and the practice of the Church;
it teaches such things as absolute predestination (Calvinism) and justification through faith alone.
Furthermore, its more "progressive" sector has introduced Priesthood for women and marriage
between homosexuals - whom they even accept into the ranks of the clergy. But above all, it lacks a
proper ecclesiology, because the Orthodox understanding of the nature of the Church does not exist
among them.16
4. The only way that our communion with heretics can be restored is if they renounce their delusion
(plani) and repent, so that there may be a true union and peace: a union with the Truth, and not with
delusion and heresy. For the incorporation of heretics into the Church, canonical precision (akriveia)
requires that they be accepted through Baptism.17 Their previous “baptism,” performed outside the
Church (without the triple immersion and emersion of the one being baptized in water sanctified by a
particular prayer) is in no way a baptism.18 All attempts at baptism outside the Church lack the Grace
of the Holy Spirit (Who does not remain within schisms and heresies) and as such, we have nothing in
common that unites us, as Basil the Great points out:“those who had apostatized from the Church had
no longer on them the Grace of the Holy Spirit, for it ceased to be imparted when the continuity was
broken…they who were broken off had become laymen, and, because they are no longer able to confer
The voice of Christianity that wants to keep Christianity divided.

Good for you - helping to destroy Christianity - one past at a time.

Thanks!

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>Preston, I have learned quite well, and have repeatedly pointed out that the word "soul" there, is the word "psyche" in the Gr.
Now, concerning "both of them", their bodies did not enter heaven at the moment of their "physical death", premature death at that, just like in 1 Co 5:5. Now, you can use belittling language to the cock crows, but that won't change the facts that have been presented thus forth. Do you deny "imputed righteousness"? And, if you do, then do you also deny Christ "substitutionary atonement"? He who knew no sin BECAME SIN FOR US. There is a transfer there.
"psyche" = mind

Mind = Spirit

Spirit = Self.

Thanks for the lead-in!

What can you do without the "psyche"?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to figure out what it is you believe. You can't trash members in good standing in your church and post declarations of what real Orthodox believe that Protestants are heretics and have no grace, just snipping the part that refers to Catholics as heretics. You cant have it both ways. Its doubletalk. Its hypcorisy and shows the phony you are. Nobody speaks for the Orthodox except you apparently and you can't seem to come to grips with what you believe. Its obvious you are trying to pull out points that punch Catholics alone, but deceptively leave out the statements on the far worse Protestants according to your wonderful sites which blast on Protestants. So your hatred is plainly obvious. No Grace unless triple dipped by a Herme Approved Orthodox. Do you even read the tripe you post? Oh...thats right you only posted the part on Catholics.
You are not being truthful when you say "far worser Protestants".

As you do not know the exact truth we each live.

Shame on you for thinking the HS is exclusive.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not even worth debating with someone who is so mind boggling ignorant....
It honestly hurts. I don't like to see Christians forcing themselves into this world. I understand its the only way you can carry on as a Minister, Confrint. But come on. Enough is enough. Are you interested in truth or not?
~~~~~

ON THE THIRD DAY JESUS ROSE AGAIN FROM THE DEAD...

TO BECOME THE -->EXECUTOR<-- OF HIS WILL... THE NEW TESTAMENT...

Executer
EX'ECUTER, n. One who performs or carries (A WILL AND TESTAMENT) into effect.[See executor.

JESUS HAS NO

Co-executor
CO-EXECUTOR, n. A joint executor.

NOR DOES HE HAVE A

CO-EXEC'UTRESS

CO-EXEC'UTRIX, n. A female executor; a woman appointed by a testator to execute his will.[The latter word is generally used.]

HE ALONE IS KING OF KING AND LORD OF LORDS

Sorry about your self appointed Lil gods ..

.and one day you will be too.

Heb 8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;

Heb 8:2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.

----

Sorry about your lil gods ...

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
hey marge is this the post from Karen that made you want to tell her a lie about me?
Full of Love
Since: Feb 08
Location hidden
Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012
Judged:
marge wrote:
Of course Ltm would take away peoples medicines with the role she is on, Love you big sister:)
Legalize it
Can I ask you something?
What illness do you have that you feel you need pot?
Why do you let hate from the past, affect your future?

Live in love, you'll be a better person for it.

BTW - I see a piece of wood in your eye, do you need some help removing it?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>with the billions of galaxies out there, there is no way we can be alone, some day we might, and I hope I'm here, the evidence found from thousands of years ago is quite compelling, especially the drawing in south America that can only to seen from the sky, explain why a civilization would do that? and why those particular drawings, a giant ant? why? and lets not forget all the cave drawings from around the world, not just in one place but multiple places, people who didn't know the other existed, drew almost identical drawings? that is very interesting, what your saying is back then it was a world wide massive hallucination.
Welcome back jethro.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
One can glean insight into the mind of a preacher by reading his own "authorized" words.
Observe how this S.D.A. pastor acknowledges that Jesus in his religion was a Jew raised in Judaism, and yet he believes that Jesus came to earth to save only those of his S.D.A Protestant Christian religion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
God Invented Sex … Charles Wittschiebe … Seventh-Day-Adventist
Jesus, in His life on earth, lived as a male. While speaking with reverence and delicacy, we may still point out the He came into the world through a woman’s uterus. The Jewish religious leaders ritually introduced Him into Israel by the rite of circumcision
Do you think Jesus didn't have sexual relations?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

my creator exist

others evil too

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I've asked you before, and I will ask once more - please stop projecting your beliefs onto me.
Thank you.
You first!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not even worth debating with someone who is so mind boggling ignorant....
It honestly hurts. I don't like to see Christians forcing themselves into this world. I understand its the only way you can carry on as a Minister, Confrint. But come on. Enough is enough. Are you interested in truth or not?
~~~

JESUS SAID..

Joh_8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Joh_8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

SOME TIME THE TRUTH HURTS...

especially if it hits you right in the face...

THE TRUTH WILL MAKE YOU FREE FROM THE BONDAGE OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC

DOMINATION OF YOUR SOUL IF YOU Will ACCEPT IT...

THEN THE PAIN WILL CEASE..

The pain comes when the light of the gospel hits your eyes..

Ecc_3:16 And moreover I saw under the sun the place of judgment, that wickedness was there; and the place of righteousness, that iniquity was there.

Mal_4:2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

<quoted text>
Do you think Jesus didn't have sexual relations?
When will you comprehend that I believe that Jesus was a mythical character created in imagination by men with pens in hand ... just as were all the other many savior gods and sons of savior gods created by myth-making story-tellers in other religions?

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~~
ON THE THIRD DAY JESUS ROSE AGAIN FROM THE DEAD...
How come the authors stated that it took him three days to rise from the dead ... when theologians now teach that the soul departs from the body immediately after the body dies and flies off to heaven?

You would believe anything that attached itself to an image of you being holy and saved.

Imagine YOU ... a perfected Protestant slobbering over the image of a Jew.

Funny stuff in deed!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

<quoted text>
"psyche" = mind
Must we all match our psyche=minds up to your psych=mind so we can find the "right" self???

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

enquirer mind wrote:
<quoted text> Is that you in the photo? Cause you look like a psycho B##CH from hell!!!
No, I think you are talking bout yo mama.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

<quoted text>
Many men and women, of many cultures and class, wrote many things that I consider useful for this life.
Yes indeed ... they taught that religion was all about how to love one another ... as they set out on their torturing and killing sprees.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

THERE IS ONLY ONE... NEW COVENANT...WILL AND TESTAMENT...CONTRACT
BETWEEN GOD AND MAN
And a god told you that it belongs to you and nobody but those who believe as YOU believe ... RIGHT???

And you believe you got it straight from "god" as did millions of other trouble-making preachers before you.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
How come the authors stated that it took him three days to rise from the dead ... when theologians now teach that the soul departs from the body immediately after the body dies and flies off to heaven?
You would believe anything that attached itself to an image of you being holy and saved.
Imagine YOU ... a perfected Protestant slobbering over the image of a Jew.
Funny stuff in deed!
I feel sorry for you...not only for you in your abstract atheism

but in the fact that you are allowing your self to be such an instrument

of blasphemy in the hands of your own worst enemy..

The devil will cuddle you and gratify your ego at the present...

but in the end he will destroy your soul in an eternal destruction..

he is setting you up for the worst fall a person could ever experience..

and you ...poor ignorant soul ...are aiding and abetting you own demise..

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
JESUS SAID..
Catholic authors wrote that Jesus said you are an idiot if you think that the Jew they created for their own religion loves Protestants. They converted that Jew to Catholicism before Protestantism was ever a twinkle in your Protestant eye. Jesus' mommy is a Catholic saint ... in case you are not aware.

Tongue in cheek
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Athanasian Creed
1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

<quoted text>
I feel sorry for you...not only for you in your abstract atheism
It's not my atheism that bothers you. It's that I won't follow you and your Protestant B.S.

Protestantism didn't arise until 16 centuries after the supposed crucifixion of your supposed master. Why was he hiding the truth from Protestants for so many centuries if he thought little old you was "special???"

Religion is BUNK ... and that includes YOUR specialized brand that you put upon your self.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 min Matt from Akron 441,092
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 min bad bob 172,935
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Just Think 730,125
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 19 min Most Smart dr Shrink 599,541
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 21 min Johnny 2,184
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 23 min Classic 1,743
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 26 min Remnant of 144000 38,593
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 37 min WasteWater 259,295
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 44 min Tim Osman 117,803
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 7 hr andet1987 76

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••