Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683812 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#465568 Jul 24, 2013
Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, belief, but belief for...?
Of course the evil one and his minions know Jesus ..know who He is..

But they do not believe His precious blood was spilled to SAVE them.

It is nit at allergen some th ing as,US believing and trusting in Him..

“Free gift means FREE”

Since: Jan 09

Chicagoland

#465569 Jul 24, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
THANK YOU
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#465570 Jul 24, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
As ONE EXAMPLE
Known as "people of the Book," scripture is what embodied the faith of the Waldensians
No evidence has been found which reveals a Waldense Church prior to Waldo, and neither Waldo himself nor modern Waldense historians ever asserted such claims. Scholars hostile to the Roman Catholic Church have concurred with historians of that body in affirming Waldo as founder of the sect that still bears his name.

Now let's get the facts on the table concerning the Waldenses that answer these wild speculations of Hunt and others.]
WHAT DID WALDO AND THE WALDENSES REALLY BELIEVE?
http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/num3.htm

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#465571 Jul 24, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I have said from the very beginning that this was and is the worst thing that topix could have done.
it allows COWARDS hide behind those icons rather than engage in honest debate.
I can understand why people would use the "agree or heart" icons, but very few others.
If I disagree with a poster, I can and will tell them why I disagree and use my Bible verses as Proof that a thought or post might be wrong
Those judge icons are pointless.Some people here know how to change them to make opinions seem all one sided.Dont even bother to judge a post...you would think that someone could use the time much better and strive to become what they preach.

Location hidden

#465572 Jul 24, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol well someone liked your post on emoticons but not mine below it on the Waldensians
I am quite sure I know..But That's ok..makes my posts stand out don't you think..
And yes it is for cowards
Rose,it is sad that someone can take the time to judge a post out of hate and anger verses out of truth.Those icons are now meaningless...I have watched positive judges on post that nick and I have made changed moments later to negative icons..It remains clearly and doesn't take a rocket sciencetist to know who did them. lol Even post that were pure and positive were judged negative..Pay no attention to those icons.You know who your friends are and they know your heart as does God.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#465573 Jul 24, 2013
Osas7 wrote:
Some simple observations (concerning James 2:19)
It is surprising that James 2:19 is used so often when a few simple observations would disarm the argument that it proves the necessity of works for saving faith.
First, this verse is not about eternal salvation, because demons cannot be saved. Their fate and condemnation is sealed (Matt. 8:29; 25:41; Jude 6). That is why they tremble when they think of God.
Second, the object of the demons’ faith is the fact that there is one God, that is, monotheism. No one is saved by belief in monotheism anyway, so this verse is not used soteriologically. Many of the world’s non-Christian religions are monotheistic.
Third, it does not say that the demons believe in Jesus Christ as their Savior. Jesus Christ did not die and rise from death to save demons but humans. While Christ’s work saves humans, it destroys the devil (Heb. 2:14).
Fourth, a quick survey of commentaries shows the difficulty of properly interpreting this verse in the context of James 2:16-20. At question is when James’ words end and the objector’s words begin and end. If, as some argue, verse 19 is spoken by an objector to James, should it be used to prove a crucial theological point? Also, if it is from such a difficult passage to interpret, should it be used as a primary text to prove or disprove anyone’s salvation? Much clearer passages dismiss works as necessary for obtaining eternal salvation (eg., Rom. 4:4-5; Eph. 2:8-10; Titus 3:4-5).
gracelife.org
Here is a hypothetical ONLY question

We know of at least one instance ..Job..And another when Sat an is allowed to tempt Jesus. That there is communication between him and God.

Is there any possible provision that ANY OF THE FALLEN angels,can turn back and be forgiven ...??

This has nothing to do with Jesus dying for us..But is it POSSIBLE.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#465574 Jul 24, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Those judge icons are pointless.Some people here know how to change them to make opinions seem all one sided.Dont even bother to judge a post...you would think that someone could use the time much better and strive to become what they preach.
WEll I did not know You could actually change them .. But it is a sure sign someone is reading and judging Lol..too funny .

Location hidden

#465575 Jul 24, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The evil one is the Master of lies and deception.Spiritual Warefare is an everyday battle and we must be ready and know when we are being attacked.

Location hidden

#465576 Jul 24, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, clay, But I was up all night because around 10:30, I fell when my leg gave out and the pain bothered me to much to sleep
So sorry to hear about your fall.I hope your flling much better by now.As always,your in our prayers.

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

#465577 Jul 24, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a hypothetical ONLY question
We know of at least one instance ..Job..And another when Sat an is allowed to tempt Jesus. That there is communication between him and God.
Is there any possible provision that ANY OF THE FALLEN angels,can turn back and be forgiven ...??
This has nothing to do with Jesus dying for us..But is it POSSIBLE.
And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way. And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither TO TORMENT US BEFORE THE TIME?”(Matthew 8:28,29)

Seems like a expectation in the reverse here. Believers have a hopeful expectation of heaven, whereas, according to this verse, they have a expectation of torment. I don't believe they can or will be saved. imho

Location hidden

#465578 Jul 24, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
WEll I did not know You could actually change them .. But it is a sure sign someone is reading and judging Lol..too funny .
I didn't either until someone told me they knew how to do it..Pitiful...

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

#465579 Jul 24, 2013
“For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down TO HELL, and delivered them into CHAINS of darkness, TO BE RESERVED unto judgment” (2nd Peter 2:4)

Location hidden

#465580 Jul 24, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Want to bet that a whole lot of topix posts come late at night from us MATURE posters!!!
SORRY about your pain
why thank you very much! LOL
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#465581 Jul 24, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagree.
Aren't you a Catholic Catholicnow
When you go to confession aren't you repentant
We are to repent our sins ..even those after after we are saved.
Or else IMO..We are thumbing our noses at God.
And that same blood that washes us..was shed for ALL our sins before we were born.
Doesn't your c conscience bother you if you SIN??
Where does that come from if nit the SPIRIT telling us we are hurting Our Lord.
RoSezs

I think we are disagreeing, more in our understanding of language(namely "repentance"), than in the concepts....

More or less, let me describe it this way. If one is born-again, then they first must have repented. If this is not so, then God would have overridden the free-will. This "repentance" is a lifelong commitment of turning from evil, the devil, sin and self, to God.

One is born-again only once. It is not a repeatable process. If it were repeatable, that would mean Jesus would need to be crucified again. So also, repeating repentance would mean one is truly not born-again.

In order for one to be born-again, one must be sufficiently knowledgeable, and be of contrite heart. If for instance one is emotionally "carried" away for a time, and consider themselves "born-again", this may or may not be true. Some emotional response, or insufficient understanding of the gospel, God may be leading a person to being born-again.

I think the conscience arises from the heart, thus one must have "ordered" passions, and this is an ongoing process. Actually if one's conscience is well-formed, the Holy Spirit does not need to tell us we are sinning, we will know it. I think when one is born-again, the conscience is well-formed, but it is our lack of understanding which generally leads us into sin. And the conscience then begins to harden. So one must have a contrite heart, which breaks this hardening process.( I am not equating that the heart is the conscience.)
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#465582 Jul 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. But I do know that when the brain-cells quit functioning ... humans can think no more ... so my guess is, the cells in the brain keep thought active.
According to medical science fetuses don't have any brain activity until the brain-cells develop to the point where the brain is then activated.
I believe that our brains are programmed by our surroundings.
For instance ... Feral (wild) children raised with dogs, will think and behave in dog language and dog behavior, which other humans can't understand ... yet those children will never adapt to human society.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =PR-cWZ4CChIXX
June:

If you don't know..., then you don't know if you are conscious?

And you lean more toward thinking chemical interactions in the brain is consciousness?
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#465583 Jul 24, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
RESPONSE TO BISHOP MAXIMUS CHAIR OF SITE ANTHONY USES TO SHOW ORTHODOX SUPPORT REUNION W CATHOLICISM
Gee, if he represented the position of the Orthodox Church why would they "avoid all communication with him" to keep our doctrine "unperverted"???
Why would his views undermine the foundation of the Church??????
In what follows, we cite earlier statements by distinguished “pioneers” of ecumenism and later—more recent—statements which bear witness to the “unity of spirit” of the ecumenists and the astonishing ecclesiological erosion of the Orthodox through their participation in the ecumenical movement, as well as their steadfast tendency towards the realization of a “Universal Visible Church
THESE VIEWS, AS WELL AS OTHER SIMILAR ONES, TELLINGLY CHARACTERIZE ECUMENISM AS AN ECCLESIOLOGICAL HERESY THAT COMPLETELY ABROGATES THEECCLESIOLOGICAL FOUNDATIONS OF THE ONE (AND ONLY) CHURCH, THAT IS, THE
ORTHODOX CHURCH
4. The views of Bishop Maximos of Pittsburgh (now Metropolitan of Aenos).
“The Holy Spirit is at work at any Christian baptism”; “when we confess faith in one baptism for the forgiveness of sins, we do not mean by that (only) Orthodox baptism, but any Christian baptism”; the Holy Spirit “is not limited by human canonical boundaries we have established for our convenience; we cannot bind the Spirit, and not allow Him to work with all the other Christians, just becaus some of us so decided”; “Orthodoxy and Roman Catholicism, the two ‘sister churches’ of old, continue to recognize one another’s baptism, as well as the other sacraments celebrated in these churches”; the rebaptism by Orthodox of baptized heterodox Christians is inspired by “narrow-mindedness, fanaticism and bigotry,”“is an injustice committed against Christian baptism, and eventually a blasphemy against God’s Holy Spirit.”
Of the foregoing un-Orthodox views, the Orthodox in resistance to the panheresy of ecumenism, abiding on the basis of “sound and unperverted doctrine,” as St. Basil the Great puts it, are
FULLY JUSTI&#64257;ED IN AVOIDING COMMUNION WITH ECUMENISTS,“PUTTING TRUTH AND THEIR OWN FIRMNESS IN THE RIGHT FAITH BEFORE ALL ELSE.”
* Source: Orthodox Tradition, Vol. XVI, No. 2 (1999), pp. 11-14.
Herme:

I am ignorant when it comes to Bishop Maximus, I am sorry to say, but I am more comfortable with Maximus the Confessor....

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#465584 Jul 24, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
A post about EARLY believers who did NOT want to be a,part of the CATHOLIC CHURCH on a board about the CATHOLIC CHURCH being the one true church. Is OFF TOPIC..please explain ..
How do you know that "early believers" did not want to be part of the Catholic Church, considering the "Catholic Church" was not established until 325 CE.

That was an easy one.

Maybe you are confused on what was the "catholic" church and what was the "Church".

Albuquerque, NM

#465585 Jul 24, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT DID WALDO AND THE WALDENSES REALLY BELIEVE?
That they couldn't "find Waldo"???

:o)

Albuquerque, NM

#465586 Jul 24, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>The evil one is the Master of lies and deception.Spiritual Warefare is an everyday battle and we must be ready and know when we are being attacked.
DUCK!!

An inbound is heading your way!!

*pfffffttttzzzz*

PHEW!!

*wipes his brow*

That was a close call!

Albuquerque, NM

#465587 Jul 24, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't either until someone told me they knew how to do it..Pitiful...
Correct - some emoticons will "cancel" out another emoticon, if it was judged.

For example:

If I were to agree with this post and place a check mark ont he "Agree" judgicon, and if it posts to the forum, it will remain attached to the post until someone check marks the "Disagree" judgicon.

Once that happens, the "Agree" disappears, and the "Disagree" won't show up until another disagree judgicon is marked.

FYI - some computers, like the one I am on, is a hit-or-miss when it comes to these things - more of a miss than the hit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 11 min Ms Sassy 16,459
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 1 hr andet1987 23
So how exactly did O.J. Simpson pull off a doub... 2 hr Mirrormirorwall 24
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr oldman 983,123
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 6 hr Awesome Facts 33,213
the REAL reason for General Motors sales slumps 6 hr Doctor REALITY 8
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 15 hr Born Again Past JW 619,696
More from around the web