Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,451)

Showing posts 449,001 - 449,020 of511,962
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
who=" Anthony MN"
Did you read what the official teaching of the Church says????
Rose, what does the bible say???
IMO you are the one instigating.
I don't think that the Bible specifically speaks of aborted babies, but it does say that GOD HATES THE SHEDDING OF INNOCENT BLOOD.
I don't recall a specific note about their destination...but it's not hard to see, for when David's son died, he said, "He cannot come to me, BUT I CAN GO TO HIM."
KayMarie
The bible says He formed us in the womb

It also says Suffer the children to cone to HIM

Not someplace without His presence called LIMBO..

Imo
Human Being

Kinder, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
The very idea that a god would love people who brag that the god loves only them ought to put red flags up in the minds of such believers.
But the endorphins that flood the brain with euphoria when the bible opens to expose those words to the eyes ... blocks out all common sense.
I never allowed those words in a bible to go to my head and in turn to take control over my emotions, as instinctively I believed that if a god existed the god would love all creation, including non-human forms of life.
Religion is NOT good.
June:

Do you think the mind is distinct from the body(brain)? If not, then how do you, or can you explain a conscious decision?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, contrary to your personal opinion and experience, there are Orthodox Christians who believe in the IC. And they aren't considered heretical. And the majority support reunification according to Nicks own poll. You two apparently are in the minority.
it is not our personal opinion it is YOURS...enough ssid...

“No Troll Feeding”

Since: Apr 08

Abortion;OneDeadOneWounded

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"Maybe I should have said 'convert many souls' so you can understand better."
- Oh I understood you perfectly well when you posted it the first time. But now that YOU understand your textual fau paux, we don't need to dwell on it.
Remember - one can convert their thoughts to become whom they choose. One can not be "won" by someone's words.
It requires a choice made by an individual.
Self - no religion required.
I'm sorry you don't see it this way.
You are correct, IT was Jesus that said “no one can come to the Father unless HE calls you.”

Don't be sorry.....we all have free will, you can use yours as you like.

Let's not "dwell" on it any longer okay...

:)
Ba-bye!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
WE GENTILES WERE GRAFTED IN...
Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
Rom 11:14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
Rom 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
Rom 11:16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
NOTE..
==>THIS DOES NOT TEACH ETERNAL SECURITY..
Rom 11:22 ==>Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.<--
Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.
Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?
~~~

ABOUT THE GENTILE CHURCH

Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles
and
prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>John was really a great guy, even when he was caught lying and started to weasel his way out of the hole that he dug.
but I missed him when he left this world to enter into another one, I cried for several days after the Lord told me that he had died.
I wasn't on here when reg told people that he had passed away. I was at the VA hospital trying to die with a blockage in my artery to the heart
Well glad you survived to read your granddaughters testimony..to see that baby ..And hopefully to welcome your Son home :)

Just from Johns posting I have the feeling he is doing just fine where he is..

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

OldJG wrote:
Jude 1:24 says it all to those who do not believe in "Eternal Security".
Jude 1:24, "Now all glory to God, who is able to keep you from falling away and will bring you with great joy into his glorious presence without a single fault."
Glory to God because.....
1. He will keep you from falling away
2. He will bring you with great joy into his glorious presence.
3. Without a single fault
HALLELUJAH!!! Thank you Jesus.
~~~
So you believe as some teach...
That if you are a Christian and are in the bosom of a whore, are setting in a bar drunk ,,,
That if at that time... Jesus comes to catch away his bride that you will qualify as a part of the bride of Christ...
Question..
How do you explain away this verse
2Co 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
2Co 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
I was hoping that this foolishness of OSAS would be hinderd if not stopped since it divides, but DOM comes back and they pick up again with a renewed vengeance.

I just don't understand why they cant see it that if you sin, after you are Saved, and don't confess that sin, you are not going to Heaven.

and we explain it to them and make it so simple that even a 3 y/o child could understand.

Satan has blinded them just as he did those in the day of Peter

“No Troll Feeding”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Streaming LIVE at 2:30 pm PST, opening Mass.[I heard it might be at the beach.]

See it @.....
http://www.ewtn.com/multimedia/live_player.as...

http://www.ewtn.com/multimedia/live.asp...

Theme of WYD ….“Go forth and make disciples of all men.“

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually your leaders are having discussions with us about the role of the Bishop of Rome. They don't want us to ditch the pope. They are in agreement that the issue of the Filioque is based on a misunderstanding of the language. Many Orthodox believe in the Immaculate Conception and it's not considered heresy to do so. Yeah, don't you just hate it?
==========

Blatant lie despite clear past post.

""Sympathetic skepticism" and unwavering faithfulness to Orthodox Tradition aptly describe the attitudes, some positive, some negative that the 2010 Orthodox Lay People Survey recorded from Orthodox respondents when faced with the prospect of reunion between the Roman Catholic Church and the Orthodox Churches. Although most respondents were remarkably open to exploring reconciliation and even for receiving a Council's decision authorizing and enabling reunion, Orthodox respondents envisioned reunion only along strictly Orthodox theological lines, leaving little room for dogmatic diversity and with a significantly redefined notion of Roman Papal Primacy if one is to be retained at all. Despite exhaustive mutual consultation and general councils, reconciliation between the Orthodox and Catholic Churches may not take place at the grassroots, where lay Orthodox Christians reject membership within the reconciled Churches, making reconciliation a mere canonical formality without practical consequences and real liturgical communion between the Churches.

In other words if the Catholics ditch their Pope and convert to Orthodoxy basically they will unite with the Cath Church. LOL
==========
vern in love not authority.explained the atriarchs
Pope= King, Patriarch= Another servant of God like the people

==========
I presented significant differences in our beliefs and theology that the people will not abandon.
----------
I explained how in the past the people said the sword of the (Barbarians) rather than meet Romes demands to recognize the Pope before the Rome would help them with their defense. In other words they would rather be slaughtered than be Western.

Quotes
""BETTER THAT MY BROTHER'S EMPIRE
SHOULD PERISH, THAN THE PURITY OF THE ORTHODOX FAITH."

" In spite of a sustained campaign by Patr. Bekkos to defend the union intellectually, and with vigorous and brutal repression of opponents by emperor Michael, the Orthodox Christians remained implacably opposed to union with the Latin "heretics"."

==========
I offered a historic event where the people were told to reunite with the Western Church the people told the Emperor and Patriarch to take a hike with their ruling. You ignore this.
==========
I explained the difference in government in the Orthodox Church.
==========
I offered quotes from high ranking Orthodox opposed to reunion.
==========
I quoted a letter in which an Orthodox Metropolitan had to quiey down the Metropolitans of Greece who were outraged at rumors that there would be a reunion with Rome.
==========

This should demonstrate to everyone that despite a plethora of Truth presented to contradict their untruths Caths here will keep posting the same trash- lying, denying, remaking history, etc

I try to not waste time on you but get drawn in by my amazement that you can continue to say the same things despite being confronted in your face with the Truth. I have to learn to let this go.You are playing games and only a 1 little man on a computer spieling lies. In a real dialogue with anyone you would be destroyed. You are no threat to anyone's church.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Did gif take a vacation? I think you should first worry about your husband's approach, it would do wonders for the discourse here.
I think perhaps you should try to say something Catholic or spiritual instead of focusing on attacking people. I have very very seldom heard you say anything enlightening spiritually. Or for that matter anything close to spiritual.Share these wonderful insights of this Church you are defending. Sound like just using the Church to abuse others. More offense than defense.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>Preston, I disagree. First of all, abiding , has to do with fellowship, not justification. Regarding the "soul"/psyche:
http://www.bing.com/search?q=a bide&form=IE10TR&src=I E10TR&pc=HPDTDFJS

in this post, you ask me if I agree with your premise. first <I seldom if ever agreed with you. you go off on a tangent that isn't Biblical.

so there is the meaning of that word "abide". if you can not accept it, why would I not be surprised?

and as the Bible states, darkness hath no fellowship with light.

If a person sins, they are forfeiting their Right to Have fellowship with Jesus. God WILL NOT look on sin.

“Free gift means FREE”

Since: Jan 09

Chicagoland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I was hoping that this foolishness of OSAS would be hinderd if not stopped since it divides, but DOM comes back and they pick up again with a renewed vengeance.
I just don't understand why they cant see it that if you sin, after you are Saved, and don't confess that sin, you are not going to Heaven.
and we explain it to them and make it so simple that even a 3 y/o child could understand.
Satan has blinded them just as he did those in the day of Peter
Preston, it is not a matter of understanding, that we can't grasp, but, a matter of "disagreement". I believe, assurance, is the essence of saving faith.

“Free gift means FREE”

Since: Jan 09

Chicagoland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.bing.com/search...
in this post, you ask me if I agree with your premise. first <I seldom if ever agreed with you. you go off on a tangent that isn't Biblical.
so there is the meaning of that word "abide". if you can not accept it, why would I not be surprised?
and as the Bible states, darkness hath no fellowship with light.
If a person sins, they are forfeiting their Right to Have fellowship with Jesus. God WILL NOT look on sin.
Definitions, don't stand alone, but are shaped by the surrounding context, and in regards to "abid-ing", it is in reference to fellowship. I don't accept your position, and have been quite polite in representing my views here. Fellowship is intimacy, and of course, light and darkness are not intimate. You forget, that our souls are perfected, yet, our bodies are not, but will be, when our bodies are raised incorruptible. Your body now, is certainly not incorruptible, correct?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well glad you survived to read your granddaughters testimony..to see that baby ..And hopefully to welcome your Son home :)
Just from Johns posting I have the feeling he is doing just fine where he is..
I don't think that John made it. Christians don't cry "in sorrow" when a person passes away.

John NEVER LEFT a testimony that he was Born Again or that he was Saved, only that he had Salvation because of his church status, and none of us were Saved because we didn't attend his church.

a belief and attitude much different than we read from Hermi and Sera

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I know of NO orthodox that believe in the Immaculate Conception and the Filiogue was more than just"a misunderstanding of the language".
Thats another typical Catholic ploy.When they want to move closer to our Church they will say-Oh its just a misunderstanding of language.
The other thing the Cath Church does is make a ruling a teaching or a dogma and then when they move from the middle ages and realize the ruling has no credibility before people that know the Bible or are educated they have perhaps 50 categories to put the ruling so they can say well it wasnt really definitive.These are the games.If anyone studied this closely they would see the same games I do.Recently I have seen them to pretend to move more to the middle to draw in numbers.And how about modernization?? Vatican? Call them on it and like a liar they will say give me an example so they can meander some more in argument.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>Preston, it is not a matter of understanding, that we can't grasp, but, a matter of "disagreement". I believe, assurance, is the essence of saving faith.
the Bible clearly indicates that Ananias and his wife were believers, filled with the Holy Ghost, yet they split hell wide open.

that alone shows that you who believe in OSAS cant understand SIMPLE Bible Verses.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been an Orthodox Christian for only a few years, hardly time enoguh to get a consensus from "MOST ORTHODOX". And Hermi's poll disputes your statement here.
I think the only fantasy, and I say this based on what I here from your patriarchs and bishops, is your insistence that Orthodox hate the Catholic Church. I know you and Hermi do, but I'll keep praying for you and being nice. God bless.
==========

I SHOULD HAVE POSTED THIS RESPONSE TO REPLY TO THIS POST NOT THE ONE ABOUT THE FILOQUE

Blatant lie despite clear past post.

""Sympathetic skepticism" and unwavering faithfulness to Orthodox Tradition aptly describe the attitudes, some positive, some negative that the 2010 Orthodox Lay People Survey recorded from Orthodox respondents when faced with the prospect of reunion between the Roman Catholic Church and the Orthodox Churches. Although most respondents were remarkably open to exploring reconciliation and even for receiving a Council's decision authorizing and enabling reunion, Orthodox respondents envisioned reunion only along strictly Orthodox theological lines, leaving little room for dogmatic diversity and with a significantly redefined notion of Roman Papal Primacy if one is to be retained at all. Despite exhaustive mutual consultation and general councils, reconciliation between the Orthodox and Catholic Churches may not take place at the grassroots, where lay Orthodox Christians reject membership within the reconciled Churches, making reconciliation a mere canonical formality without practical consequences and real liturgical communion between the Churches.

In other words if the Catholics ditch their Pope and convert to Orthodoxy basically they will unite with the Cath Church. LOL
==========
vern in love not authority.explained the atriarchs
Pope= King, Patriarch= Another servant of God like the people

==========
I presented significant differences in our beliefs and theology that the people will not abandon.
----------
I explained how in the past the people said the sword of the (Barbarians) rather than meet Romes demands to recognize the Pope before the Rome would help them with their defense. In other words they would rather be slaughtered than be Western.

Quotes
""BETTER THAT MY BROTHER'S EMPIRE
SHOULD PERISH, THAN THE PURITY OF THE ORTHODOX FAITH."

" In spite of a sustained campaign by Patr. Bekkos to defend the union intellectually, and with vigorous and brutal repression of opponents by emperor Michael, the Orthodox Christians remained implacably opposed to union with the Latin "heretics"."

==========
I offered a historic event where the people were told to reunite with the Western Church the people told the Emperor and Patriarch to take a hike with their ruling. You ignore this.
==========
I explained the difference in government in the Orthodox Church.
==========
I offered quotes from high ranking Orthodox opposed to reunion.
==========
I quoted a letter in which an Orthodox Metropolitan had to quiey down the Metropolitans of Greece who were outraged at rumors that there would be a reunion with Rome.
==========

This should demonstrate to everyone that despite a plethora of Truth presented to contradict their untruths Caths here will keep posting the same trash- lying, denying, remaking history, etc

I try to not waste time on you but get drawn in by my amazement that you can continue to say the same things despite being confronted in your face with the Truth. I have to learn to let this go.You are playing games and only a 1 little man on a computer spieling lies. In a real dialogue with anyone you would be destroyed. You are no threat to anyone's church.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Thats another typical Catholic ploy.When they want to move closer to our Church they will say-Oh its just a misunderstanding of language.
The other thing the Cath Church does is make a ruling a teaching or a dogma and then when they move from the middle ages and realize the ruling has no credibility before people that know the Bible or are educated they have perhaps 50 categories to put the ruling so they can say well it wasnt really definitive.These are the games.If anyone studied this closely they would see the same games I do.Recently I have seen them to pretend to move more to the middle to draw in numbers.And how about modernization?? Vatican? Call them on it and like a liar they will say give me an example so they can meander some more in argument.
The games people play....I'm off to BINGO!...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>Definitions, don't stand alone, but are shaped by the surrounding context, and in regards to "abid-ing", it is in reference to fellowship. I don't accept your position, and have been quite polite in representing my views here. Fellowship is intimacy, and of course, light and darkness are not intimate. You forget, that our souls are perfected, yet, our bodies are not, but will be, when our bodies are raised incorruptible. Your body now, is certainly not incorruptible, correct?
Jesus said "If ye abide in me and I abide in you, then you can ask anything ".Jesus wants us to have fellowship with Him but as GIF/Kay just said, Jesus is NOT going into a honky tonk and set down with a bunch of drunks doing what ever drunks do.

another Scripture says our body is the temple(Saved) of God, and God will not reside in an unclean(sinful) Temple.

if you et al cant understand that, I feel sorry for you on Judgement Day.

“No Troll Feeding”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Have a great evening.. its on NOW!!!

Streaming LIVE at 2:30 pm PST, opening Mass in Rio.[I heard it might be at the beach.]

See it @.
http://www.ewtn.com/multimedia/live_player.as...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 449,001 - 449,020 of511,962
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

678 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 min No Shiite 216,758
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min scaritual 679,883
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 min wilderide 89,517
Gay Snapchat Names 15 min Jeffeagle 1,323
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 27 min Dr Shrink 596,492
White House says bad intelligence fed WMD claim (Apr '06) 33 min swedenforever 90
Bush job approval falls to 29 pct in new poll (May '06) 47 min swedenforever 64
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 1 hr Aiso82 234
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr Dang It 109,526
•••
•••
•••