Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,249
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Guest55

Sikeston, MO

#465295 Jul 23, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>GIF and I believe in Eternal Security. once saved, stay saved. works for me
Well Preston, that sounds like you and GIF are on the 50/50 plan. I used to be.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#465297 Jul 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No intellectuals or know-it-alls teach the "bible" was written many years after the fact. The OT was written long before, which is what St. Paul is referring to, he's not referring to the NT.
I understand pentecostals tend to fall into the anti-intellectual camp, but no serious bible scholar thinks the bible with the NT dropped out of the sky after Jesus's Ascension.
I'm sorry Kay, but no bible expert believes a single letter of the NT was written until at least 10 after Pentecost.
I have no reason to not believe the following:

The New Testament was not written all at once. The books that compose it appeared one after another in the space of fifty years, i.e. in the second half of the first century.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#465298 Jul 23, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
From Hermes site he has been pasting. Yeah, all the Orthodox Ecumenists are devils. Patriarch Barthrolemew what does he know about Orthodoxy he is called the Ecumenist Patriarch. Herme and Sere speak for all the Orthodox. Well maybe not this one, but he is probably not really Orthdox., but then again all the Orthodox have to agree as everyone is equal because that is the way it was always done. ;0
Again, departure from the Apostolic Tradition is "heresy" and, therefore, along with the ancient "sects," the Orthodox Church counts Papists and Protestants as "heretics"—the recent declaration of some Orthodox "ecumenists" notwithstanding. One need only read the sermons and treatises of Orthodox theologians from St. Photius to St. Mark of Ephesus. Likewise, the rejection of Lutheranism by The Three Answers of Patriarch Jeremiah II (1567) or the condemnation of "all Western innovations" by the Councils of Jassy (1642) and Jerusalem (1672). The Orthodox Councils of the 18th and 19th century make it clear that Protestants and Papists are heretics as do the encyclicals of the Eastern Patriarchs (1848, 1895). In 1904, the Holy Russian Synod urged Western Christians to come to the Orthodox Church, "the Ark of Salvation." Two years before, the famous Joachim II, the Ecumenical Patriarch declared, "Our desire is that all the heterodox (heretics) shall come into the bosom of the Orthodox Church of Christ which alone is able to give them salvation."
http://orthodoxinfo.com/ecumenism/heresy.aspx
Presently the ecumenists are a minority.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#465299 Jul 23, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
Hey Protestants your brother Herme is posting in support of this site as well. Here you are. Clerics and Monks real Orthodox according to Herme. What a Phony. Decree
3. The same things apply to an even greater degree to Protestantism, which as the offspring of Papism
has inherited many heresies, but has also added many more. It has rejected Tradition, accepting only
Holy Scripture (Sola Scriptura), which it misinterprets; it has abolished the Priesthood as a unique
Mystery (Sacrament), as well as the veneration of the Saints and of the holy Icons; it has failed to
honor, or even, in some cases, slighted the person of the Most Holy Theotokos (Mother of God); it has
discarded monasticism; among the Holy Mysteries, it accepts only Baptism and the Divine Eucharist,
which are understood in a way that deviates sharply from the teaching and the practice of the Church;
it teaches such things as absolute predestination (Calvinism) and justification through faith alone.
Furthermore, its more "progressive" sector has introduced Priesthood for women and marriage
between homosexuals - whom they even accept into the ranks of the clergy. But above all, it lacks a
proper ecclesiology, because the Orthodox understanding of the nature of the Church does not exist
among them.16
4. The only way that our communion with heretics can be restored is if they renounce their delusion
(plani) and repent, so that there may be a true union and peace: a union with the Truth, and not with
delusion and heresy. For the incorporation of heretics into the Church, canonical precision (akriveia)
requires that they be accepted through Baptism.17 Their previous “baptism,” performed outside the
Church (without the triple immersion and emersion of the one being baptized in water sanctified by a
particular prayer) is in no way a baptism.18 All attempts at baptism outside the Church lack the Grace
of the Holy Spirit (Who does not remain within schisms and heresies) and as such, we have nothing in
common that unites us, as Basil the Great points out:“those who had apostatized from the Church had
no longer on them the Grace of the Holy Spirit, for it ceased to be imparted when the continuity was
broken…they who were broken off had become laymen, and, because they are no longer able to confer
You don't get it do you. The Protestants here know what our beliefs are. They know that our two churches share a lot of the same beliefs.The difference between the catholics here and nick and I is that we respect them and you don't.So stop trying to divide us.The protestants here are much more Christ like than you all are and they LIVE THE PART...unlike you all here.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#465300 Jul 23, 2013
Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God;
“Flesh and blood” refers to the mortal body, so our present bodies in their current condition cannot enter into the kingdom of God. Our present physical organism cannot go to heaven. The idea of “inherit” is to take possession of.
then you should make up your mind just what you believe and follow. you told old jg that you inherit eternal life when you get saved and now you say that your body will not enter Heaven.

eternal life comes when you die as a Christian, Salvation and forgiveness of sin comes when you accept Christ as your Savior. Common sense 101
truth

Perth, Australia

#465301 Jul 23, 2013
Ucviljena majko!
Kolika je tuga obuzela tvoje blago srce kad si primila
u krilo svoga mrtvog sina.
-da nebudem ognjem spaljen vec po tebi branjen na dan
suda strasnoga..jer si po svom svetom krizu svijet otkupio.

“Free gift means FREE”

Since: Jan 09

Chicagoland

#465302 Jul 23, 2013
Simple wrote:
<quoted text>
Then pray tell how come you people continue to die if you have eternal life. Your logic is illogical and started with your conclusion first.
The soul is perfected already, however, the body will be raised incorruptible later.

Location hidden

#465303 Jul 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
When Jesus prays to the Father "that they may all be one" the Catholic prayer in response is "yes, let's see if we can work to heal the schism and become one". The Orthodox prayer is "they can shove it where the sun don't shine!"
Thank God for your patriarchs and bishops!
Phoney Baloney. Christ would not want me to forsake the True Beliefs so that your Church can get numbers.

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

#465304 Jul 23, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you have been gone so I will warn you. this man ran Karen off of this forum with his filthy mouth towards her.
he isn't a Christian, so take it for what it is worth, only marge, the board doofus will call him a Brother in Christ
Old JG?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#465305 Jul 23, 2013
Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>Clay, I'm not sure what your conversations are like with others here, but can you speak to me with a little respect?
Also, if I follow your logic, can I refute you by pointing out that Orthodox folks here are battling it out with Anthony(and now Dust Storm is jumping in)?
You asked for a verse, and I gave you 1 Jo 2:27. Now you insult me?
If you disagree with the Catholic's here, sooner or later they will start the name calling and the personal insults.They are like a pack of dogs foaming at the mouth.Its a long story but they diike us because we don't want reunion with them.

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

#465306 Jul 23, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you have been gone so I will warn you. this man ran Karen off of this forum with his filthy mouth towards her.
he isn't a Christian, so take it for what it is worth, only marge, the board doofus will call him a Brother in Christ
Because he/she(?) used filthy language, that disqualifies someone as being a Christian? I can name a bunch of believers in the Bible, that fell short in conduct.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#465307 Jul 23, 2013
Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, I agree that they were/are believers! However, I don't believe they forfeited their salvation, because God will not take it back , even if you want to! Romans 11:29. So, your "split hell wide open" is just theater drama :)
----------
both of them lied and were struck down by GOD.their last act on this earth was SIN!!!!

and the Bible is clear that no sin will enter into Heaven. the Bible is clear that the soul that sinneth(lying) shall sure die and they did.

looks like you haven't learned anything while you were gone if this simple display of their sin cant convince you.

so to me, you are a liar if you conclude that they didn't forfeit their soul, and you certainly know nothing about God, if you think that He wont reward sin as a Just God.
truth

Perth, Australia

#465308 Jul 23, 2013
Sorrowful Mother.
Remember..How much your heart is been in pain for your Son?

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

#465309 Jul 23, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>then you should make up your mind just what you believe and follow. you told old jg that you inherit eternal life when you get saved and now you say that your body will not enter Heaven.
eternal life comes when you die as a Christian, Salvation and forgiveness of sin comes when you accept Christ as your Savior. Common sense 101
Preston, my mind is made up, and I do have common sense, and I also apply logic. Now, look at that persons question, then my answer. The soul is already perfected, by Christ imputed righteousness, however, the body is not, since it has not been glorified "yet". So, yes, a believer receives "eternal life" upon believing Christ , when a person is born again, they are "born from above". I can give you verses that show a present tense possession of eternal life, which is before this life is over.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#465310 Jul 23, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
Question.....
When does a believer in Jesus Christ receive eternal life?
<quoted text>
Thank you for your answer but the question was directed to Roman Catholics and other non OSAS persons.
Catholics would answer, "As soon as the child has been sprinkled with a few drops of water, some salt and the sign of the cross is made on the forehead."

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

#465311 Jul 23, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>both of them lied and were struck down by GOD.their last act on this earth was SIN!!!!
and the Bible is clear that no sin will enter into Heaven. the Bible is clear that the soul that sinneth(lying) shall sure die and they did.
looks like you haven't learned anything while you were gone if this simple display of their sin cant convince you.
so to me, you are a liar if you conclude that they didn't forfeit their soul, and you certainly know nothing about God, if you think that He wont reward sin as a Just God.
Preston, I have learned quite well, and have repeatedly pointed out that the word "soul" there, is the word "psyche" in the Gr.
Now, concerning "both of them", their bodies did not enter heaven at the moment of their "physical death", premature death at that, just like in 1 Co 5:5. Now, you can use belittling language to the cock crows, but that won't change the facts that have been presented thus forth. Do you deny "imputed righteousness"? And, if you do, then do you also deny Christ "substitutionary atonement"? He who knew no sin BECAME SIN FOR US. There is a transfer there.

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

#465312 Jul 23, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>If you disagree with the Catholic's here, sooner or later they will start the name calling and the personal insults.They are like a pack of dogs foaming at the mouth.Its a long story but they diike us because we don't want reunion with them.
Ecclesiastes 7:20

“Free gift means FREE”

Chicagoland

#465313 Jul 23, 2013
Ecclesiastes 7:17 - Be not over much wicked, neither be thou foolish: why shouldest thou die before thy time?
truth

Perth, Australia

#465314 Jul 23, 2013
seed of sinners

Location hidden

#465315 Jul 23, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
Hey Protestants your brother Herme is posting in support of this site as well. Here you are. Clerics and Monks real Orthodox according to Herme. What a Phony. Decree
3. The same things apply to an even greater degree to Protestantism, which as the offspring of Papism
has inherited many heresies, but has also added many more. It has rejected Tradition, accepting only
Holy Scripture (Sola Scriptura), which it misinterprets; it has abolished the Priesthood as a unique
Mystery (Sacrament), as well as the veneration of the Saints and of the holy Icons; it has failed to
honor, or even, in some cases, slighted the person of the Most Holy Theotokos (Mother of God); it has
discarded monasticism; among the Holy Mysteries, it accepts only Baptism and the Divine Eucharist,
which are understood in a way that deviates sharply from the teaching and the practice of the Church;
it teaches such things as absolute predestination (Calvinism) and justification through faith alone.
Furthermore, its more "progressive" sector has introduced Priesthood for women and marriage
between homosexuals - whom they even accept into the ranks of the clergy. But above all, it lacks a
proper ecclesiology, because the Orthodox understanding of the nature of the Church does not exist
among them.16

(Edited for Space and because Storm is the Heretic)

delusion and heresy. For the incorporation of heretics into the Church, canonical precision (akriveia)
requires that they be accepted through Baptism.17 Their previous “baptism,” performed outside the
Church (without the triple immersion and emersion of the one being baptized in water sanctified by a
particular prayer) is in no way a baptism.18 All attempts at baptism outside the Church lack the Grace
of the Holy Spirit (Who does not remain within schisms and heresies) and as such, we have nothing in
common that unites us, as Basil the Great points out:“those who had apostatized from the Church had
no longer on them the Grace of the Holy Spirit, for it ceased to be imparted when the continuity was
broken…they who were broken off had become laymen, and, because they are no longer able to confer
My friends know where I stand with them. They also know that all the posts you and Anthony and Regina do has the agenda of trying to turn them against us.This agenda now should be clear to everyone here.It just confounds me that it would be so important to you all to damage our relationship with them. Obsessive.

First, the Protestant Church and the Protestants, Born Agains etc didnt make a formal declaration that other churches are not true churches as your wise pope did.

The Protestants are not trying to absorb my church. The Orthodox do not want to absorb the Protestants. Its the Catholics. They have conquering in their soul. They have to have everything. This is obvious to everyone but you and whomever writes those asinine Catholic sites.

Someone who wants to water down the Orthodox beliefs (ecumenists) so that we can join with your Church is my enemy and the enemy of just about all Orthodox.

Let me give you a taste of reality. This is how the Orthodox feel about their faith. When my father found out I was studying Catholicism with a nun, my Mom had to call me. She said he paced the floors for 3 nights without sleep.

If someone in my family converted to Catholicism they would be shunned. No one would speak to them.That would apply to all in my little home town. It would be unheard of.No you dont know how Orthodox feel about reunion.

As far as the Protestants go, you should listen to them. Perhaps you may learn the value of a relationship with Christ. You may learn what Christian compassion is.You may learn to make the rituals you go through by rote now actually mean something spiritually.

You have no idea that Orthodoxy in many ways is closer to Protestantism that the Frankish Church (Catholic).

The Catholic sites are so transparently lies that it only fools people like you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Stilgar Fifrawi 774,547
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 min Holy Pure dr Shrink 604,894
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 11 min Holy Pure dr Shrink 33,166
Why Won't The Government Help Against Select Po... (Aug '12) 17 min I was Scamed 230
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 17 min bad bob 175,586
The World Will End On May 21, 2011 (Aug '08) 18 min Holy Pure dr Shrink 16,451
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min Dr_Zorderz 265,049
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr joe 441,761
More from around the web