Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 649805 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Willow River, Canada

#465075 Jul 23, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Threatening others?
Yep - this is the "Christian love" that you find in the Bible.
NOT!
Take your hate elsewhere.
Christianity divides.
Why don't you believe Jesus?
Again you ask "Why don't you believe Jesus?" as though the teaching of the existence of Jesus itself does not divide.

According to Christian theologians Jesus stated that those who did no follow him were destined to burn in hell.

You keep playing their game WITH them, and then chastise them for not following Jesus.

Had Jesus lived, he would have been nothing but another leader of a religious cult ... divisive and arrogant in such claims.

Christian myths are as much based on fallacy and outright lies as are all other myths.

Willow River, Canada

#465076 Jul 23, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE...IN YOUR HATRED....
The arrogance of the RCC will not allow the RCC to unite with the Orthodox Church, because of one reason, the RCC is not willing to remove the office of Pope.
WHY DON'T YOU PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH?
Religion created hatred. You pretend that you love others as god loves others when you preach that others will go to hell.

Can you be so ignorant as to believe that a god wants you to preach that the majority of people in the world will go to hell for not believing as YOU believe "god" wants you to believe?

You and you heavily indoctrinated wife choose to over-stuffed arrogant buffoons with a ridiculous bible for your AID!

Willow River, Canada

#465077 Jul 23, 2013
to be

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#465078 Jul 23, 2013
who="Oxbow"
When will you learn??? Never tell a lie that can be easily proven as such!!!
You said: only oxbore is finding fault with a young girl pouring out her heart to all of her friends.
I am not finding fault with her....I am finding fault in the language she uses to refer to God.....

We were taught to show respect for God by capitalizing the G. Todays children are not even allowed to speak His name...or hear anything about Him.

Be thankful when one of them even mentions Him.

KayMarie

Willow River, Canada

#465079 Jul 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
He seemed a nice man very grounded in his,Faith.. if I remember correctly:)
He must have been "grounded" in YOUR indoctrinate faith. Otherwise you would perceive him as a heretic.

Willow River, Canada

#465080 Jul 23, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said and I quote
I suggest you go stuff your self with more biblical quotes of your own choosing, as that is ALL on which you choose to FEED.

#465081 Jul 23, 2013
who="Clay " What happens to the group who changed the Word of God?
I hate to rain on your anti Catholic parade... but one group of the born agains on here are guilty of changing the Word of God. One is going to a not-so-good judgement for undoing the teachings of Jesus Christ.
One group does not have the Holy Spirit bringing them to Biblical truth. Who is it? Preston, Confrint, and LTM vs Oldg, Chuck, OSAS, and 4gvn?
Looks like you guys had a night of Bible verse warfare. Everyone is tired, but still convinced the Holy Christ is bringing them to Biblical truth. Wow!

~~~

YOU WROTE
I hate to rain on your anti Catholic parade...

GO AHEAD AND RAIN...

I HAVE GOD'S PROMISE..

Isa_43:2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee:

when thou walkest through the fire,

thou shalt not be burned;

neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

THERE IS SAFETY IN THE TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD.

YOU ARE HEADED FOR A PLACE WHERE IT NEVER RAINS...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#465082 Jul 23, 2013
FOR CLAY:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
For me, Orthodoxy is difficult to understand. I get the Mass and Sacraments of course. But I don't understand the setup of the Churches. The Ukrainian Orthodox, Russian Orthodox, Greek Orthodox....I don't understand the political side of it I guess. But I've always had respect for the beauty of the Mass. And Sera mentioned last week that Confession in the Orthodox Church is done with the Priest and the person facing the alter together. I think that's awesome. I'm willing to understand as much as possible. I personally could never leave my faith, but that doesn't mean I'm curious about others.

Since you asked this question I have studied it. I had question myself regarding the ethnicity of the Eastern Orthodox .I am Americanized. I did not understand why there was the various ethnic churches in my town.

I went home and attended the Church in which I was baptized. This is a small community where nearly all the Greeks come from Rhodes. Two generations prior to me they came over from Greece. Like many Orthodox ethnic groups they viewed themselves as part of a diaspora. Basically one man from my hometown brought most of them over and got them jobs. They remained in one section of this small town. Many only spoke Greek. They knew nothing about America.They founded a Church. They were baptized, married and buried in this church. They passed it on to their children and then myself.

As I grew older because of the influx of some nonGreeks, the Priest began to give the Gospel in Greek and English.

When returned to my home church I saw that many of those I knew as a child and spoke to almost every day had passed. Some younger in the Church had married non-Greeks who converted. And then there were "American converts" of all ethnicities. It is the same with my new church where I live. Many many nonGreeks are joining.

When the Greeks first arrived the Church was the center of their community. Therefore the Church grew as their community. It is changing.

I understand this also happened with the Catholic Church in its history but we went further generations like it was.

I have more scholarly info but I thought it would best to relay personal experience. Hope this is helpful.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#465083 Jul 23, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Without Eternal Security, JUSTIFICATION WOULD NOT BE JUSTIFICATION.
To "justify" in Bible terms--and particularly in Paul's theology--means to declare righteous. To pronounce righteous. It is a legal matter. It affects the books of heaven. Heaven's record of our lives is changed. When God saves us, He justifies us--He pronounces us righteous. Righteous enough to get into heaven. And how righteous is that? Perfectly righteous.
But now, here is the key. How can wicked, fallen sinners be pronounced righteous? What is the basis of God's righteous verdict? As we've already seen, it's not our own works. Instead it is the righteousness of Christ that has been credited to us. The believer has Christ's righteousness credited to his account (II Corinthians 5:21).
Those who suggest that a saved soul can ever be lost again have moved the ground of justification. They are saying, "Although I was saved on the basis of Christ's righteousness, I'm kept saved on the basis of my own righteousness. But that can never be. When I get to heaven I'll never be able to say, "Thanks, Lord--but as we both know, I'm here partly because of my own goodness and faithfulness." Never! My justification is by grace. That excludes my deserving it in any sense. My heavenly destiny rests forever and only on the righteousness of Christ. Romans 3:24, "Justified freely, by His grace, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus."
Consider carefully: I am justified because of Christ's righteousness. I am saved because of His faithfulness. Until Christ sins, I am justified! The record next to my name shows that I'm as righteous as Christ. For any charge anyone in the universe brings against me, God's answer is always the same: It is God who justifies on the basis of the finished work and perfect righteousness of Christ (Romans 8:33-34). Is that righteous enough? Indeed it is! If I can ever be lost again, then God does not mean what He says, and justification is not justification.
Well, does that mean it's okay to go on sinning? Should we, as Martin Luther once bluntly put it, "Go out and sin boldly"? No, of course not. Sin is a barrier to fellowship with God. Sin robs us of peace and joy in the Spirit. Sin hinders our witness and our fruitfulness. Sin affects our future rewards. Sin dishonours the name of the One we love. But it cannot alter a relationship that is determined by the sinlessness of Someone else. And that's what justification is all about.
Obviously there are two schools of thought on here by 2sets of devout Christians.

Thanks so much for this one

#465084 Jul 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
KayMarie is not a pope, but also believes that as a Protestant-preacher he and his wife are destined for heaven and others are destined for hell.
Religion is NOT good!
It simply teaches people to be arrogant in the belief that a god is partial to their sermons.
~~~

I DON'T PACK YOUR LUNCH ..YOU DO

WHEN IT'S TIME TO EAT,

YOU ONLY HAVE WHAT YOU PUT IN THE BAG..

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#465085 Jul 23, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE...IN YOUR HATRED....
The arrogance of the RCC will not allow the RCC to unite with the Orthodox Church, because of one reason, the RCC is not willing to remove the office of Pope.
WHY DON'T YOU PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH?
Stop diverting from the post I responded to you with.

And I do stand by my assessment of why the RCC and the Orthodox churches will not be united. It is quite telling and truthful.

Whereas, with you telling someone that they are going to "hell" if they don't do something you think should be done, is bullshite, mean and unfounded.

Ironic, how you don't beleive in Jesus, but will promote some atrocity on another without any proof or viable citation that shows it to be true.

Maybe you should begin to preach through honesty instead of misleading unfounded with threats.

There is quite a big difference between what you and I write.

I write to inform, and you write by the seat of your pants - all the while thinking yourself as better than another.

Albuquerque, NM

#465086 Jul 23, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD OR HIS SON JESUS CHRIST, you are not saved at this point in you life there for if you died to day with your soul in the state it is you will not go to heaven.
You must be born again June.
Born again through Spirit.

You failed by thinking you know who will be saved or not.

This will be your downfall - the arrogance you profess when you think you can dictate another person's life.

*sighs*

Time for you to re-evaluate your life to see if you will make it yourself, don't you think?

Location hidden

#465087 Jul 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
So even if you're a complete jerk to everyone who doesn't agree with you; even if you mock the Eucharist; reverse Apostolic teaching; spread slander about another group; mock the Mother of Christ; use sick vulgar language to condemn Homosexuals to Hell; manipulate Holy Scriptures; ignore everything the Apostles taught their Disciples; add to the prophecy of John in the Book of Revelation..... you're still saved??
No wonder you new born agains have success evangelizing! Its a guaranteed path to salvation. Its a chaotic free -for- all!! Sign me up! Not.
You are not credible...You know as much about salvation as you do brain surgery!!!!! Which tells me unless something changes in your spiritual life, you will not be with the sheep for eternity!!!!!
cult observer

Rolling Meadows, IL

#465088 Jul 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks so much for that site...glad to meet you .
Your welcome missy,Now dont be a stranger ya hear!!!!!

Albuquerque, NM

#465089 Jul 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>

You keep playing their game WITH them, and then chastise them for not following Jesus.
Yes - they don't believe in Jesus, and I am one to make sure they admit to this fact.

I will until they can state - through honesty that they do beleive in Jesus.

If they couldm they would not be a so-called "Christian", because Jesus didn't teach others to be "justified in his death", he taught to be justified in your Spirit.

Men changed and twisted Jesus' teachings to fit their own wild-eyed fantasies, which has caused many generations to not believe in Jesus.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#465090 Jul 23, 2013
who="Clay " What happens to the group who changed the Word of God?
I hate to rain on your anti Catholic parade... but one group of the born agains on here are guilty of changing the Word of God. One is going to a not-so-good judgement for undoing the teachings of Jesus Christ.
One group does not have the Holy Spirit bringing them to Biblical truth. Who is it? Preston, Confrint, and LTM vs Oldg, Chuck, OSAS, and 4gvn?
Looks like you guys had a night of Bible verse warfare. Everyone is tired, but still convinced the Holy Christ is bringing them to Biblical truth. Wow!
You didn't finish the list:
"Who is it? Preston, Confrint, and LTM vs Oldg, Chuck, OSAS, and 4gvn?"
...AND CLAY.
I'm not on that list. I don't privately interpret Sacred Scripture.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#465091 Jul 23, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Tony,read what you want into everything you want the fact is MOST ORTHODOX do not want anything to do with the Catholic Church Period,Dream on that's the a big problem with Catholics...fantasy
You've been an Orthodox Christian for only a few years, hardly time enoguh to get a consensus from "MOST ORTHODOX". And Hermi's poll disputes your statement here.

I think the only fantasy, and I say this based on what I here from your patriarchs and bishops, is your insistence that Orthodox hate the Catholic Church. I know you and Hermi do, but I'll keep praying for you and being nice. God bless.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#465092 Jul 23, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>In case you dont get it until its too late for you. Read it again. They want you to ditch your Pope and dogma that differs from them and become Orthodox. Then they will unite. LOL
In other words convert to the Orthodox Church. Join the Orthodox Church.The position of the Orthodox does not get any clearer than that. nd you pulled another Catholic "confuse them with words".They tell you take a hike and you say oh wait a few generations it will happen.This has been the Catholic game. Bend the Truth. Twist it.
Actually your leaders are having discussions with us about the role of the Bishop of Rome. They don't want us to ditch the pope. They are in agreement that the issue of the Filioque is based on a misunderstanding of the language. Many Orthodox believe in the Immaculate Conception and it's not considered heresy to do so. Yeah, don't you just hate it?
Clay

Garden City, MI

#465093 Jul 23, 2013
Osas7 wrote:
Sola Scriptura~
Revelation 1:11
11 saying,“ WRITE IN A [a]BOOK what you see, and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea.”
Luke 1:1-4
Introduction
1 Inasmuch as many have undertaken to compile an account of the things [a] accomplished among us, 2 just as they were HANDED DOWN TO US by those who from the beginning [b]were eyewitnesses and [c] servants of the [d]word, 3 it seemed fitting for me AS WELL, having [e]investigated everything carefully from the beginning, to WRITE IT OUT for you in consecutive order, most excellent Theophilus; 4 SO THAT YOU MAY KNOW THE EXACT TRUTH about the things you have BEEN [f] TAUGHT.(See 2 Thessalonians 2:15)
Romans 15:4
4 For whatever was WRITTEN in earlier times was written for our instruction, so that through perseverance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.
Jeremiah 36:2
2 “Take a [a] scroll and WRITE ON IT all the words which I have spoken to you concerning Israel and CONCERNING Judah, and CONCERNING all the nations, from the day I FIRST SPOKE to you, from the days of Josiah, EVEN TO THIS DAY.
Isaiah 30:8
8 Now go, WRITE it on a tablet before them
And INSCRIBE it on a scroll,
That it may [a]SERVE IN THE TIME TO COME
[b]AS A WITNESS FOREVER.
Sola Scripture means 'scripture alone'.
Those verses you provided say nothing about scripture being the only thing. In fact, nowhere does Jesus Christ command the Apostles to compile a Bible to be the authority on His Ministry, let alone the ONLY thing.

I stated earlier, that if someone changes the Word of God, are they still saved? I believe you added your personal take on those verses above. Now they mean something different than what the authors meant. That's changing the Word of God.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#465094 Jul 23, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~~
My wife and I have given over 13000 post on this forum that is at least 95% Bible...
between the two of us we have over 100 years of Bible study...
If you do not believe God's word you a an infidel...
if you ignore it and write your own you are bound for hell.
But I do believe Gods word. I believe it and will die defending it.
I completely disagree with your opinion on Gods word. But that's ok, so do the previous 1900 yrs of Christianity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 13 min Dr Banonator 55,967
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 25 min Flower-Child 53,840
how long after taking the Vivitrol shot can i f... (Nov '12) 37 min Danielle 171
Black gay brothers drop your BBM pins 37 min from uk 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 58 min Toby 972,384
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Toby 106,052
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Student 44,924
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web