Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703798 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#465107 Jul 23, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>great post. Now can you show me the Bible verses that give you the GET OUT OF JAIL FREE card for they way you treat people like me (gays and lesbians) when it comes to Luke 10:25-37 (The parable of the good Samaritan) and Matt. 25-31-46 (The goats and the sheep)?
Folks like you have been thumping Bibles on my head for 50 years. So for spiritual and emotional defense I learned your rules and how to use them with you.
"Going to church doesn't make you any more a christian than going to a garage makes you a car. Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behavior does.
Your words mean nothing if your actions are the complete opposite. Having true faith in whatever you believe must be shown through actions; belief is only half the battle.
Let your dreams be bigger than your fears, your actions louder than your words, and your faith stronger than your feelings."
-seen on Facebook
So now you want clerks in CA to defy authorities but not the AG of PA?
103 Bible verses about Obeying Authority
http://www.openbible.info/topics/obeying_auth...
While you squirm to find a passage that will cover your butt with God, how about you also explain why the New Republic just revoked my membership for posting that link in a commentary?
YOU WROTE

"Now can you show me the Bible verses that give you the GET OUT OF JAIL FREE card..."

A PHILIPPIAN JAILOR GOT OUT OF THE BONDAGE OF SIN WHEN HE HEARD THESE WORDS...

Act 16:25 And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.
Act 16:26 And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed.
Act 16:27 And the keeper of the prison awaking out of his sleep, and seeing the prison doors open, he drew out his sword, and would have killed himself, supposing that the prisoners had been fled.
Act 16:28 But Paul cried with a loud voice, saying, Do thyself no harm: for we are all here.
Act 16:29 Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,
Act 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
Act 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Act 16:32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.
Act 16:33 And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

THE ABOVE IS AN ACCOUNT FROM THE BIBLE...

THAT WORKED FOR THE PHILIPPIAN JAILOR.... AND IT WILL ALSO WORK FOR YOU..

God is no respecter of any man's person...what he did for the PHILIPPIAN JAILOR...

HE WILL ALSO DO FOR YOU..

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#465108 Jul 23, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>according to you, nothing in the Bible is true, has murray written his own Bible that you adhere to?
hey DOM, meet the new guru Tony, if you didn't know him way back when.
Ya know I went to that site and if you read their faith statement
They sound like they believe the bible.

I really only skimmed it..But if this Tony is an example...

They are WAY off from ANY teaching I've known that he brings up.

It's like opposite bible time.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#465109 Jul 23, 2013
Francis displayed that humility in greeting President Dilma Rousseff, saying he understood that to really know Brazilians, one must pass through their heart.

"So let me knock gently at this door," Francis said in Portuguese at the official welcome ceremony. "I have neither silver nor gold, but I bring with me the most precious thing given to me: Jesus Christ."

Pope Francis in Rio today

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#465110 Jul 23, 2013
Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Preston. I do miss this page, and those whom I interacted with here back in the day, you being one of them. I have created a page on facebook, where I established over 200 documents, where I can answer many objections on theological and historical matters. I have been debating on there, for quite some time, though these days lately, not much so, as I'm a busy person these days. It's pass 12 a.m here, and I have to be up early, so, I hope to be back soon, and interact once again with you, and others as well. Blessings
Once again..nice to meet you..God bless

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#465111 Jul 23, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
"here is quite a big difference between what you and I write.
I write to inform, and you write by the seat of your pants..."
THE DIFFERENCE IS
YOU WRITE TO INFORM...
I WRITE TO REFORM...
WHAT YOU WRITE COMES FROM THE EARTH..
WHAT I WRITE COMES FROM GOD'S WORD.
YOU CALL IT "is bullshite, mean and unfounded."
AND MAKE DEROGATORY REMARKS ABOUT GOD'S WORD
IN YOUR DARKENED MIND...YOU HAVEN'T THE SLIGHTEST IDEA,WHAT I AM POSTING ABOUT
YOU ARE DEAD TO IT....AND YOU WONT RESPOND FAVORABLY UNLESS GOD GIVES YOU A DIVINE REVELATION IN YOUR OWN HEART....OF YOUR SPIRITUAL. CONDITION..
THE BIBLE SAYS
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
I STRIVE TO PRESENT GOD'S WORD ...SO THAT... FAITH CAN BE GERMINATED IN THE HEARTS OF THOSE THAT READ IT..
___
YOU IN YOU UNBELIEF WAR AGAINST IT...BECAUSE
Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
~~~
IN YOUR DARKNESS OF MIND AND DEADNESS TO GOD'S WORD..YOU HATE THE LIGHT
OF IT BECAUSE IT REVEALS THE PERSON YOU REALLY ARE.
HIS WORD SAYS
Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and
men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
Joh 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
Actually GiF, I am quite aware of what you are post.

You post everything in opposite of what Jesus taught, because you trust men and not Jesus.

When you can use honesty to post, then I will begin to think you are trying.

Right now, uh-uh, all you continue to post is things that you are clueless on.

Location hidden

#465112 Jul 23, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Jude 1:24 says it all to those who do not believe in "Eternal Security".
Jude 1:24, "Now all glory to God, who is able to keep you from falling away and will bring you with great joy into his glorious presence without a single fault."
Glory to God because.....
1. He will keep you from falling away
2. He will bring you with great joy into his glorious presence.
3. Without a single fault
HALLELUJAH!!! Thank you Jesus.
EXCUSE ME, BUT I BELIEVE IN ETERNAL SECURITY, however that starts at the time of our death.

in this life that we now live in, it is TEMPORAL( enduring for a time only ), NOT ETERNAL.

neither gif/kay or myself would ever insist that Jesus has not the Power to keep us. our problem as humans is to "abide(to endure without yielding ) in Him".

notice that word, "yielding", which indicates that a person can give in to sin and lose their Soul in the process as the husband and wife did by lying to the Holy Ghost.

the "yielded" to the greed and the fact that they didn't wish to actually give their ALL to God and when that happens we falter and stumble, and lose our soul.

NO ONE CAN PLUCK US FROM JESUS EXCEPT OUR SELF

NOW SEE HOW EASY THAT IS TO FIGURE OUT.

Location hidden

#465113 Jul 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again..nice to meet you..God bless
lol, you knew him way back then. he had a different nick back then, but it usually ended with that 7.

Dom lived in Texas and then moved back to Chicago and back to texas.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#465114 Jul 23, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>great post. Now can you show me the Bible verses that give you the GET OUT OF JAIL FREE card for they way you treat people like me (gays and lesbians) when it comes to Luke 10:25-37 (The parable of the good Samaritan) and Matt. 25-31-46 (The goats and the sheep)?
Folks like you have been thumping Bibles on my head for 50 years. So for spiritual and emotional defense I learned your rules and how to use them with you.
"Going to church doesn't make you any more a christian than going to a garage makes you a car. Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behavior does.
Your words mean nothing if your actions are the complete opposite. Having true faith in whatever you believe must be shown through actions; belief is only half the battle.
Let your dreams be bigger than your fears, your actions louder than your words, and your faith stronger than your feelings."
-seen on Facebook
So now you want clerks in CA to defy authorities but not the AG of PA?
103 Bible verses about Obeying Authority
http://www.openbible.info/topics/obeying_auth...
While you squirm to find a passage that will cover your butt with God, how about you also explain why the New Republic just revoked my membership for posting that link in a commentary?
You said, quote, "Going to church doesn't make you any more a christian than going to a garage makes you a car. Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behavior does." End quote.

So as Christians are we supposed to tell you it is OK if you remain a sodomite or lesbian? That would be a lie. Being a sodomite lesbian homosexual is a sin and God destroyed two cities to point it out. Why not change your behavior? You were not born a sodomite lesbian homosexual. Sin, and the sin of being a sodomite lesbian homosexual is a CHOICE. The devil did not make you do it. The problem is you do not believe being a sodomite lesbian homosexual is a sin. Right?

I am wondering? If 50 years of hearing the Gospel has not penetrated your spirit why would you change as a result of hearing it again on this forum. Could it be you want to argue your position and somehow justify your lifestyle.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#465115 Jul 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been an Orthodox Christian for only a few years, hardly time enoguh to get a consensus from "MOST ORTHODOX". And Hermi's poll disputes your statement here.
I think the only fantasy, and I say this based on what I here from your patriarchs and bishops, is your insistence that Orthodox hate the Catholic Church. I know you and Hermi do, but I'll keep praying for you and being nice. God bless.
its been more than a few years Anthony and long enough to get the consensus of what most orthodox in the three churches plus two monastery that Nick and I attend and support.Apples and oranges and throw in a banana and we have a fruit salad!

Location hidden

#465116 Jul 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
Francis displayed that humility in greeting President Dilma Rousseff, saying he understood that to really know Brazilians, one must pass through their heart.
"So let me knock gently at this door," Francis said in Portuguese at the official welcome ceremony. "I have neither silver nor gold, but I bring with me the most precious thing given to me: Jesus Christ."
Pope Francis in Rio today
very nice,I like that

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#465117 Jul 23, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Jude 1:24 says it all to those who do not believe in "Eternal Security".
Jude 1:24, "Now all glory to God, who is able to keep you from falling away and will bring you with great joy into his glorious presence without a single fault."
Glory to God because.....
1. He will keep you from falling away
2. He will bring you with great joy into his glorious presence.
3. Without a single fault
HALLELUJAH!!! Thank you Jesus.
AMen

#465118 Jul 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
But I do believe Gods word. I believe it and will die defending it.
I completely disagree with your opinion on Gods word. But that's ok, so do the previous 1900 yrs of Christianity.
~~~

LONGEVITY ...WHEN IT IS NOT FOUNDED IN GOD'S WORD

MEANS NOTHING...

i HAVE NOT GIVEN YOU MY OPINION...

i HAVE VALIDATED MY POST WITH/from GOD'S WORD...

Something that you Roman Catholics cannot do..

you don't have one scripture from the BIBLE OLD OR NEW TESTAMENT

to give as a foundation to/for what you teach..

ALL YOU HAVE IS ASSUMPTIONS...PRESUMPTIONS. MYTHS AND FABLES

I have challenged you Roman Catholics to give BOOK CHAPTER AND VERSE

over and over again...and all you do/have done is call me names...

Ti 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

2Ti 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

2Ti 3:14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

-->NOTE
2Ti 3:15 And -->that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures,

which are able to make thee wise

unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.<--

THE APOSTLE PAUL SAYS HERE OF THE BIBLE YOU ATTEMPT TO REPLACE

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and

is profitable for doctrine,

for reproof,

for correction,

for instruction in righteousness:

2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect,

thoroughly furnished

unto all good works.

#465119 Jul 23, 2013
who="DNF"great post. Now can you show me the Bible verses that give you the GET OUT OF JAIL FREE card for they way you treat people like me (gays and lesbians) when it comes to Luke 10:25-37 (The parable of the good Samaritan) and Matt. 25-31-46
DNF Many people fail to get the message that GOD LOVES SINNERS, BUT GOD HATES SIN.(We are to be like Him.) People often treat the sinner unkindly, without realizing that GOD IS NOT WILLING THAT ANY SHOULD PERISH. Nothing but love can bring people to Christ, so we need to show love to all PEOPLE.

I pray that you can get the truth that you were not born into such a way of living, and it is against God's plan for you. Did you know that LGBT practices cause a highly multiplied incidence of oral and anal cancers?(Google it.)

God will help you.
KayMarie

#465120 Jul 23, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
Dom, not one letter of the NT was written for at least 10 years after Christ's Ascension. How was the truth transmitted during that time? Are you arguing that every thing spoken during the 10 years was later recorded? Where does the bible say that? Also, if one is assume that what St. Luke's writes here is what you say it is, it would mean that only what St. Luke writes is the exact truth, we wouldn't need the rest of the NT.

Surely you don't believe that people SAW a man raised from the dead, but they waited ten years to write it down???

KayMarie

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#465121 Jul 23, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Her paw-paw started this thread..I am only responding to what is posted...
Who cares..She is a child typing on a phone!!!!!

AND SHARING A GREAT TESTIMONY with other KIDS.

the words and sentiment are MUCH MORE IMPORTANT than spelling

Location hidden

#465122 Jul 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually your leaders are having discussions with us about the role of the Bishop of Rome. They don't want us to ditch the pope. They are in agreement that the issue of the Filioque is based on a misunderstanding of the language. Many Orthodox believe in the Immaculate Conception and it's not considered heresy to do so. Yeah, don't you just hate it?
I know of NO orthodox that believe in the Immaculate Conception and the Filiogue was more than just"a misunderstanding of the language".

#465123 Jul 23, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually GiF, I am quite aware of what you are post.
You post everything in opposite of what Jesus taught, because you trust men and not Jesus.
When you can use honesty to post, then I will begin to think you are trying.
Right now, uh-uh, all you continue to post is things that you are clueless on.
YOU WROTE

"all you continue to post is things that you are clueless on."

IF YOU NEVER MEET THE AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF THE REAL FAITH ,,

UNTIL YOU STAND BEFORE HIM IN JUDGMENT DAY...

ONLY THEN YOU WILL GET A RUDE AWAKENING/REVELATION OF THE TRUTH.

MAY GOD HAVE MERCY UPON YOUR SOUL...

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#465125 Jul 23, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="DNF"great post. Now can you show me the Bible verses that give you the GET OUT OF JAIL FREE card for they way you treat people like me (gays and lesbians) when it comes to Luke 10:25-37 (The parable of the good Samaritan) and Matt. 25-31-46
DNF Many people fail to get the message that GOD LOVES SINNERS, BUT GOD HATES SIN.(We are to be like Him.) People often treat the sinner unkindly, without realizing that GOD IS NOT WILLING THAT ANY SHOULD PERISH. Nothing but love can bring people to Christ, so we need to show love to all PEOPLE.
I pray that you can get the truth that you were not born into such a way of living, and it is against God's plan for you. Did you know that LGBT practices cause a highly multiplied incidence of oral and anal cancers?(Google it.)
God will help you.
KayMarie
He already has. And soon, if you behave, HE will come to you as well.

Good luck with finding that get out of jail free card with Matt. 25-31-46.

Titus 3:9-11
9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;

11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

#465126 Jul 23, 2013
who="RoSesz"
Ya know I went to that site and if you read their faith statement
They sound like they believe the bible.
I really only skimmed it..But if this Tony is an example...
They are WAY off from ANY teaching I've known that he brings up.
It's like opposite bible time.

Murray reads from the Bible a lot, so one has to listen carefully for a while to see where he slips in some 'funny/strange' stuff.

KM

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#465127 Jul 23, 2013
LTM wrote:
With all the religions, with all the rituals and other religious practices.
Remove all that muck, "GOD IS"
Its like we were given a perfect tasty cake, and someone decided to add to this perfect cake to make it taste better, it didn't quite turn out so someone else add something else, and so on.
Before long this perfect wonderful tasting cake, became nothing but a goy mess.
Such as we have today with all the religions in the world.
Psalm 46:10 "Be still Know I am God,
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalt in the earth.
11 "the LORD of Host is with us;
The GOD of Jacob is with us.
All these religions were not and are not in GOD'S plan.
God is not a GOD of confusion, religions are confusing. June is a clear example of that.
We need to come back to our first love, push all the idea man thinks salvation is and grab a hold of what Salvation real is.
We obtain Salvation only through faith, in a never failing God who made away for us humans to go to Him as He planned in the Garden of Eden.
The only thing we have and should be boosting about is in Christ Jesus, and the works that He did to save our sinful sorry souls.
Put your eyes upon Jesus, get it off of man and their man made religious believes.
'BECAUSE WHEN IT IS ALL SAID AND DONE IT IS ; ALWAYS HAS BEEN ABOUT JESUS THE CHRIST; THE ONLY SON OF THE TRUE LIVING GOD.'
DON'T GIVE ME YOUR RELIGIOUS BELIEFS GIVE ME JESUS.
TELL ME ABOUT JESUS, I DON'T CARE ABOUT ALL YOUR RELIGIOUS GUCK.
JESUS IS OUR PERFECT GIFT; YOU DON'T NEED TO ADD A THING, YOU CAN NOT IMPROVE ON ANYTHING HE IS OR HAS DONE.
JUST COME AS YOUR ARE BEFORE GODS THRONE LAY YOUR BURDENS DOWN JUST TRUST HIM.
HE WILL DO THE REST, ITS THAT SIMPLE JUST PLACE YOURSELF IN THE HANDS OF YOUR GOD AFTER ALL HE CREATED YOU AND UNDERSTANDS YOU LIKE NO ONE ELSE.
GOD DOESN'T CARE ABOUT YOUR PASSED; ITS YOUR FUTURE THAT IS IMPORTANT TO HIM.
GOD WANTS YOU TO SPEND IT WITH HIM.
GREAT post..LTM

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 7 min science is god 88,389
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 25 min science is god 996,542
Trump is Gods anointed!!! 1 hr John the Baptist 2
Should I marry my gf who is pregnant with my ch... 1 hr John the Baptist 12
"Doctor REALITY" is FOS 1 hr Pang Sow Foosh 2
Ted Nugent and NRA for president (Jul '14) 1 hr freespeechmcgee 7
Best cosplay costumes online shop 2 hr yesthatistrue 2