Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687432 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#465063 Jul 23, 2013
o confe you allready put me in fire did youuuuuuuuu
oh horiblle

no i don't burn not at all

now
where you going put me now in rubbish bin

o really

Remember

Creator not created us for suffering.
truth

Perth, Australia

#465064 Jul 23, 2013
lias
yep
sickness is not liar
attackers from who organize is not liar..its crime what wicket try cover up..someone know who they are?
someone follow them too for sure

who seek my life must died
its written
truth

Perth, Australia

#465065 Jul 23, 2013
i speak to much
don't make me very angry please..
as well
i never say
i am bigger then God
you say that not me

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#465066 Jul 23, 2013
who="Clay " What happens to the group who changed the Word of God?
I hate to rain on your anti Catholic parade... but one group of the born agains on here are guilty of changing the Word of God. One is going to a not-so-good judgement for undoing the teachings of Jesus Christ.
One group does not have the Holy Spirit bringing them to Biblical truth. Who is it? Preston, Confrint, and LTM vs Oldg, Chuck, OSAS, and 4gvn?
Looks like you guys had a night of Bible verse warfare. Everyone is tired, but still convinced the Holy Christ is bringing them to Biblical truth. Wow!

You didn't finish the list:

"Who is it? Preston, Confrint, and LTM vs Oldg, Chuck, OSAS, and 4gvn?"

...AND CLAY.

#465067 Jul 23, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Threatening others?
Yep - this is the "Christian love" that you find in the Bible.
NOT!
Take your hate elsewhere.
Christianity divides.
Why don't you believe Jesus?
~~~

YOU WROTE...IN YOUR HATRED....

The arrogance of the RCC will not allow the RCC to unite with the Orthodox Church, because of one reason, the RCC is not willing to remove the office of Pope.

WHY DON'T YOU PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#465068 Jul 23, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>same one as when you were on here way back when
He seemed a nice man very grounded in his,Faith.. if I remember correctly:)
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#465069 Jul 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Billy Graham also believed he was moved by "GOD" to preach that only Christians would be in heaven.
Now he changed his mind he doesn't admit he made a mistake ... he just carries on preaching as thought nothing is amiss!
Damned fool! He was warned, but he didn't pay any heed.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
Charles Templeton was a famous evangelist who was equally as popular as Billy Graham, but who could no longer abide with his own preaching, and therefore quit the ministry. He and Billy had been the best of friends when Charles was an evangelist. Following is their discussion taken from Charles Templeton's diary.
Our backgrounds were radically different. Billy was a country boy, raised on a farm in the American South in a deeply religious household. He had been converted and called to the ministry in his teens and had studied in fundamentalist schools; at Bob Jones College and at Wheaton, where he had earned a B. A. in anthropology. All our differences came to a head in a discussion which, better than anything I know, "explains" Billy Graham.
I had said. "But Billy, it's not possible any longer to believe the biblical account of creation. The world wasn't created; it has evolved over millions of years. It's not a matter of speculation, it's demonstrable fact."
"I don't accept that," he said, "And there are reputable scholars who don't."
"Who are they?" I said. "Men in conservative Christian colleges?"
"Most of them, yes. But that's not the point. I believe in the Genesis account of creation simply because it's in the Bible. I've discovered something in my ministry: when I take the Bible literally, when I proclaim it as God's Word, I have power. When I stand before the people and say,'God says,' or 'The Bible says,'the Holy Spirit uses me. There are results. People respond. Wiser men than you or I have been arguing questions like this for centuries. I don't have the time or the intellect to examine all sides of each theological dispute, so I've decided, once and for all, to stop questioning and to accept the Bible as God's Word."
"But Billy," I protested, "you can't do that. You don't dare stop thinking. Do it and you begin to die. It's intellectual suicide."
"I don't know about anybody else, "he said, "but I've decided that that's the path for me."
Jesus said and I quote, you must be born again to enter the Kingdom of God. JOHN 3:16
For one to be born again, you must FIRST believe that Jesus Christ is the 'ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF THE TRUE LIVING GOD'.
YOU MUST REPENT FOR ALL YOUR SINS,AND ASK CHRIST INTO YOU HEART.
TO BE YOUR LORD AND KING.
RECIEVE THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT'( REBIRTH )
BE BAPTIZED IN WATER, WHICH IS NOT SALVATION BUT IT IS A PUBLIC ADMISSION, THAT YOU DIE TO SELF, BE BURED WITH CHRIST, AND RISE AGAIN A NEW CREATOR IN CHRIST JESUS. WHICH MEANS YOU HAVE BEEN ADOPTED IN TO GODS FAIMLY AND HAVE PASSED FROM DEATH INTO LIFE .
FROM THE EARTHLY REALM, IN TO GOD'S HEAVENLY REALM.

Ephesians 2

King James Version (KJV)

2 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ,(by grace ye are saved;)

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#465070 Jul 23, 2013
Jesus said and I quote, you must be born again to enter the Kingdom of God. JOHN 3:16
For one to be born again, you must FIRST believe that Jesus Christ is the 'ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF THE TRUE LIVING GOD'.
BE BAPTIZED IN WATER, WHICH IS NOT SALVATION BUT IT IS A PUBLIC ADMISSION, THAT YOU DIE TO SELF, BE BURED WITH CHRIST, AND RISE AGAIN A NEW CREATOR IN CHRIST JESUS. WHICH MEANS YOU HAVE BEEN ADOPTED IN TO GODS FAIMLY AND HAVE PASSED FROM DEATH INTO LIFE .

Ephesians 2

King James Version (KJV)

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ,(by grace ye are saved;)

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#465071 Jul 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Billy Graham also believed he was moved by "GOD" to preach that only Christians would be in heaven.
Now he changed his mind he doesn't admit he made a mistake ... he just carries on preaching as thought nothing is amiss!
Charles Templeton was a famous evangelist who was equally as popular as Billy Graham, but who could no longer abide with his own preaching, and therefore quit the ministry. He and Billy had been the best of friends when Charles was an evangelist. Following is their discussion taken from Charles Templeton's diary.
Our backgrounds were radically different. Billy was a country boy, raised on a farm in the American South in a deeply religious household. He had been converted and called to the ministry in his teens and had studied in fundamentalist schools; at Bob Jones College and at Wheaton, where he had earned a B. A. in anthropology. All our differences came to a head in a discussion which, better than anything I know, "explains" Billy Graham.
I had said. "But Billy, it's not possible any longer to believe the biblical account of creation. The world wasn't created; it has evolved over millions of years. It's not a matter of speculation, it's demonstrable fact."
"Most of them, yes. But that's not the point. I believe in the Genesis account of creation simply because it's in the Bible. I've discovered something in my ministry: when I take the Bible literally, when I proclaim it as God's Word, I have power. When I stand before the people and say,'God says,' or 'The Bible says,'the Holy Spirit uses me. There are results. People respond. Wiser men than you or I have been arguing questions like this for centuries. I don't have the time or the intellect to examine all sides of each theological dispute, so I've decided, once and for all, to stop questioning and to accept the Bible as God's Word."
"But Billy," I protested, "you can't do that. You don't dare stop thinking. Do it and you begin to die. It's intellectual suicide."
"I don't know about anybody else, "he said, "but I've decided that that's the path for me."
YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD OR HIS SON JESUS CHRIST, you are not saved at this point in you life there for if you died to day with your soul in the state it is you will not go to heaven.
You must be born again June.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#465072 Jul 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Billy Graham, has always preached salvation through Jesus Christ, and the works He did on the cross for the remission of sins.
I think you fib "A LOT"
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#465073 Jul 23, 2013
LTM wrote:
Ephesians 2
King James Version (KJV)
Sorry for the repeat.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Willow River, Canada

#465074 Jul 23, 2013
<quoted text>
The arrogance of the RCC will not allow the RCC to unite with the Orthodox Church, because of one reason, the RCC is not willing to remove the office of Pope.
KayMarie is not a pope, but also believes that as a Protestant-preacher he and his wife are destined for heaven and others are destined for hell.

Religion is NOT good!

It simply teaches people to be arrogant in the belief that a god is partial to their sermons.
June VanDerMark

Willow River, Canada

#465075 Jul 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Threatening others?
Yep - this is the "Christian love" that you find in the Bible.
NOT!
Take your hate elsewhere.
Christianity divides.
Why don't you believe Jesus?
Again you ask "Why don't you believe Jesus?" as though the teaching of the existence of Jesus itself does not divide.

According to Christian theologians Jesus stated that those who did no follow him were destined to burn in hell.

You keep playing their game WITH them, and then chastise them for not following Jesus.

Had Jesus lived, he would have been nothing but another leader of a religious cult ... divisive and arrogant in such claims.

Christian myths are as much based on fallacy and outright lies as are all other myths.
June VanDerMark

Willow River, Canada

#465076 Jul 23, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE...IN YOUR HATRED....
WHY DON'T YOU PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH?
Religion created hatred. You pretend that you love others as god loves others when you preach that others will go to hell.

Can you be so ignorant as to believe that a god wants you to preach that the majority of people in the world will go to hell for not believing as YOU believe "god" wants you to believe?

You and you heavily indoctrinated wife choose to over-stuffed arrogant buffoons with a ridiculous bible for your AID!
June VanDerMark

Willow River, Canada

#465077 Jul 23, 2013
to be

#465078 Jul 23, 2013
who="Oxbow"
When will you learn??? Never tell a lie that can be easily proven as such!!!
You said: only oxbore is finding fault with a young girl pouring out her heart to all of her friends.
I am not finding fault with her....I am finding fault in the language she uses to refer to God.....

We were taught to show respect for God by capitalizing the G. Todays children are not even allowed to speak His name...or hear anything about Him.

Be thankful when one of them even mentions Him.

KayMarie
June VanDerMark

Willow River, Canada

#465079 Jul 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
He seemed a nice man very grounded in his,Faith.. if I remember correctly:)
He must have been "grounded" in YOUR indoctrinate faith. Otherwise you would perceive him as a heretic.
June VanDerMark

Willow River, Canada

#465080 Jul 23, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said and I quote
I suggest you go stuff your self with more biblical quotes of your own choosing, as that is ALL on which you choose to FEED.

#465081 Jul 23, 2013
who="Clay " What happens to the group who changed the Word of God?
I hate to rain on your anti Catholic parade... but one group of the born agains on here are guilty of changing the Word of God. One is going to a not-so-good judgement for undoing the teachings of Jesus Christ.
One group does not have the Holy Spirit bringing them to Biblical truth. Who is it? Preston, Confrint, and LTM vs Oldg, Chuck, OSAS, and 4gvn?
Looks like you guys had a night of Bible verse warfare. Everyone is tired, but still convinced the Holy Christ is bringing them to Biblical truth. Wow!

~~~

YOU WROTE
I hate to rain on your anti Catholic parade...

GO AHEAD AND RAIN...

I HAVE GOD'S PROMISE..

Isa_43:2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee:

when thou walkest through the fire,

thou shalt not be burned;

neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

THERE IS SAFETY IN THE TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD.

YOU ARE HEADED FOR A PLACE WHERE IT NEVER RAINS...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#465082 Jul 23, 2013
FOR CLAY:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
For me, Orthodoxy is difficult to understand. I get the Mass and Sacraments of course. But I don't understand the setup of the Churches. The Ukrainian Orthodox, Russian Orthodox, Greek Orthodox....I don't understand the political side of it I guess. But I've always had respect for the beauty of the Mass. And Sera mentioned last week that Confession in the Orthodox Church is done with the Priest and the person facing the alter together. I think that's awesome. I'm willing to understand as much as possible. I personally could never leave my faith, but that doesn't mean I'm curious about others.

Since you asked this question I have studied it. I had question myself regarding the ethnicity of the Eastern Orthodox .I am Americanized. I did not understand why there was the various ethnic churches in my town.

I went home and attended the Church in which I was baptized. This is a small community where nearly all the Greeks come from Rhodes. Two generations prior to me they came over from Greece. Like many Orthodox ethnic groups they viewed themselves as part of a diaspora. Basically one man from my hometown brought most of them over and got them jobs. They remained in one section of this small town. Many only spoke Greek. They knew nothing about America.They founded a Church. They were baptized, married and buried in this church. They passed it on to their children and then myself.

As I grew older because of the influx of some nonGreeks, the Priest began to give the Gospel in Greek and English.

When returned to my home church I saw that many of those I knew as a child and spoke to almost every day had passed. Some younger in the Church had married non-Greeks who converted. And then there were "American converts" of all ethnicities. It is the same with my new church where I live. Many many nonGreeks are joining.

When the Greeks first arrived the Church was the center of their community. Therefore the Church grew as their community. It is changing.

I understand this also happened with the Catholic Church in its history but we went further generations like it was.

I have more scholarly info but I thought it would best to relay personal experience. Hope this is helpful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 37 min another viewer 987,438
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr Aura Mytha 31,641
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 2 hr Ricky F 39,265
Trump: "Get that Son of a B- - - - off the fiel... 2 hr Johnny 6
the REAL reasons O.J. Simpson beat murder charges 3 hr Johnny 32
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 hr Tony 6,495
bathing nephew (Apr '16) 5 hr tom 5
More from around the web