Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683583 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Canning Vale, Australia

#464982 Jul 22, 2013
at it
an en in on un
marge

Leesburg, GA

#464983 Jul 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Jude 1:24 says it all to those who do not believe in "Eternal Security".
Jude 1:24, "Now all glory to God, who is able to keep you from falling away and will bring you with great joy into his glorious presence without a single fault."
Glory to God because.....
1. He will keep you from falling away
2. He will bring you with great joy into his glorious presence.
3. Without a single fault
HALLELUJAH!!! Thank you Jesus.
And eternal life is a command! Thank you Jesus. Love you Bro.
truth

Canning Vale, Australia

#464984 Jul 22, 2013
your baby is
nunoninaneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
did mother say like that
cuniiiniiiiiinanaaaaaaaaaaaaAA AAAAAAAAAAA
yes

then see so simple
an en in on un
ah eh ih oh uh
nunoinena=baby

aeiou

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#464985 Jul 22, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm....lets see...I've done Acts 16:31, Rom 10:9, John 3:16....as has every faithful Catholic. Is there something else we're missing?
Ac 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Joh 3:16 is a parallel verse and supports the message in Ac 16:31

"shalt be saved" is not "are saved"....

Ro 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

"thou shalt be saved" is not "thou art saved"...

If that is your Salvation testimony...bring fans and kool-aid...you will need them

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#464986 Jul 22, 2013
Protopriest Theodor Zisis
Professor of the Theological School at Aristotle University in Thessaloniki:

In a number of specific confessions of the Fathers, there exists the saying, "Bad Obedience and Holy Disobedience". We are simply reminded of the indicative opinion of the great fighter of Orthodoxy, Great Athanasius against the Arian heresies.

He writes that in situations where the bishop or presbyter, the eyes of the Church, behave badly and causes the people to become scandalized, they must be expelled, even if it risks for the faithful to be without a shepherd.

It is better and advantageous to meet in the churches without bishops and priests, rather than the faithful be cast in hell together with the bishops and priests.

No matter how many meetings occur between the Pope and the Orthodox Patriarchs, the only way of re-evangelization of the Christians is the return through repentance, in imitation of St Peter's shedding of tears for denying Christ, now by the Pope for denying Holy Orthodoxy of the common Fathers and Saints of the first millennium.

If he continues to selfishly insist on the so called claim of Peter and the keys of the Kingdom as he does these days in Constantinople in his secular ambitions and primacy, then the saying "shepherd my flock" does not apply but "go behind me Satan, for you do not mind the things of God but of the people".

Location hidden

#464987 Jul 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh for heaven sake. What is,wrong with you ..She is a child typing on a,phone.
She forgot a cap ..You think God looks at that in comparison to a,public testimony .
Sometimes,I have no idea what you are aiming at OX.
All this,stuff about who GOD is .or is Jesus,God ..or is,God ..God almighty.
Makes ,me dizzy ..
Lay off the kid
We all know,
Her paw-paw started this thread..I am only responding to what is posted...
truth

Canning Vale, Australia

#464988 Jul 22, 2013
many will come in jesus name

its not me

nk

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#464989 Jul 23, 2013
As usual some of you are confused about whether or not we can lose our salvation.

No we cannot lose our salvation perse because once Christ saves you, NO ONE CAN PLUCK YOU OUT OF HIS HANDS. However you can CHOOSE of your own volition to throw your salvation away.

One must understand this point. Once we become saved and we sin then we must repent of those sins when we commit sins after being saved. If you never repent of sins committed after being saved then this will separate you from God because sin cannot dwell in Gods presence.

If you never repent then what do you think is gonna happen to your soul? Use a little common sense people with this situation. Yes you can lose your salvation after being saved if you choose to throw it away. God will not force anyone to serve Him if they do not wish to.

That's a dangerous thing to say that you cannot lose your salvation. You cannot lose it in the sense that once Christ saves you no one can take away that salvation but you of your own free volition can throw it away if you sin and never repent of those sins. SIN CANNOT DWELL IN THE PRESENCE OF THE LORD.

http://vmason.wordpress.com/2009/11/23/marrie...

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#464990 Jul 23, 2013
I'm busier than a one armed man trying to hang wallpaper tonight. I had a patient code on me tonight. She survived thank God.

I always go into my patients room when I'm at work and I say a silent prayer for them that God will touch them and restore them to good health. I do this whenever I'm at work.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#464991 Jul 23, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You said:
It was okay TO BE A MURDERER AND ADULTERER and still be a man after Gods own heart. But if he looked sideways at another man then all bets are off,LOL,LOL.
Which sin is greater,being a homosexual or being a murderer and adulterer?
Mah answer:
In English the word homosexual was first used in 1892 in the English translation of Krafft-Ebing's "Psychopathia sexualis" which was a reference work, in German, on sexual perversions. It first appeared in 1886 and was enormously popular, being reprinted about once a year!
Ro 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
When the words in the above Scripture were spoken and written, it is clear He was speaking above heterosexuals guilty of the acts of:
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Tell me which of these sins is greater than the other:
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Ah await your response.....
Wow! I just discovered that I'm a Catamite,LOL,LOL. Well ex-Catamite. I never heard this word before till tonight.

Location hidden

#464992 Jul 23, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Wow! I just discovered that I'm a Catamite,LOL,LOL. Well ex-Catamite. I never heard this word before till tonight.
Last call...

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#464993 Jul 23, 2013
And about this idea that one cannot lose their salvation.

Those of you that believe that one cannot lose their salvation,then what do think about Judas?

If you believe that Judas was lost because he betrayed Christ, then did he lose his salvation or not. After all, did Christ not choose Judas Himself?

You guys do understand that Judas was created for the very purpose of betraying Christ right?

So if God created you to do what you did,is it fair for Him to then destroy you for carrying out the purpose that He created you for? Imagine if Judas had not betrayed Christ where would we be now?

Things that make you go HMMMM.

So lets not condemn Judas so harshly but rather lets leave all the judging up to God. Okay!

I get the feeling that when all is said and done we are gonna be surprised to see people in heaven that you just knew was going straight to hell and you'll see people in hell that you knew would be in heaven. That's what you get for trying to judge who is righteous and who is not. Only God knows a persons heart so lets leave the judging up to God.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#464994 Jul 23, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Last call...
I asked the question first. So I await your response.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#464995 Jul 23, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
Ecumenism Awareness: False Union With Rome
St. Mark of Ephesus
Some of our hierarchs and "professional theologians" today call Rome a "Sister Church".
They will tell you that there is a "new openness" to Rome, that we "understand things better in light of new developments" (e.g., "eucharistic ecclesiology").
For example, here is a quote from Bishop Maximos of Pittsburgh, a person whom many consider to be one of the most conservative and erudite bishops in the GOA.
The quote is from his Foreward to The Quest for Unity: Orthodox and Catholics in Dialogue (Crestwood, NY: St. Vladimir Seminary Press and Washington, DC: United States Catholic Conference, 1996), ed. by John and John Borelli:
Common prayer and participation as far as possible in the prayer life of the other church has also been part of our lives together in dialogue...
We have responded to the work of the Joint Theological Commission for the dialogue between our two sister churches, the "two lungs" of the one Church of Christ. These two have to synchronize anew their breathing, so that the Church of Christ may begin breathing properly again.(p. 3).
Although there has not been an official synodal declaration that it is heretical, there is no doubt that the consensus of the Holy Fathers concerning Roman Catholicism is such that an "official declaration" is a formality, a kin to the Church officially glorifying a Saint who is already widely acknowledged and venerated as such by the pious pleroma of the Faithful.
Source Orthodox Church Information Center
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
Ecumenism Awareness: False Union With Rome
St. Mark of Ephesus
Some of our hierarchs and "professional theologians" today call Rome a "Sister Church".
They will tell you that there is a "new openness" to Rome, that we "understand things better in light of new developments" (e.g., "eucharistic ecclesiology").
For example, here is a quote from Bishop Maximos of Pittsburgh, a person whom many consider to be one of the most conservative and erudite bishops in the GOA.
The quote is from his Foreward to The Quest for Unity: Orthodox and Catholics in Dialogue (Crestwood, NY: St. Vladimir Seminary Press and Washington, DC: United States Catholic Conference, 1996), ed. by John and John Borelli:
Common prayer and participation as far as possible in the prayer life of the other church has also been part of our lives together in dialogue...
We have responded to the work of the Joint Theological Commission for the dialogue between our two sister churches, the "two lungs" of the one Church of Christ. These two have to synchronize anew their breathing, so that the Church of Christ may begin breathing properly again.(p. 3).
Although there has not been an official synodal declaration that it is heretical, there is no doubt that the consensus of the Holy Fathers concerning Roman Catholicism is such that an "official declaration" is a formality, a kin to the Church officially glorifying a Saint who is already widely acknowledged and venerated as such by the pious pleroma of the Faithful.
Source Orthodox Church Information Center
Lord. Quit thieving.

Thief.
truth

Canning Vale, Australia

#464996 Jul 23, 2013
your evil justice is not my justice

acusers set up

evil is evil

i am not care

don't asked anything from me

necu=nooooooooooo

serve your evil masters not meeeeeeeeeeee

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#464997 Jul 23, 2013
Osas7 wrote:
<quoted text>Here are some helpful notes on this verse:
http://gracelife.org/resources/gracenotes.asp...
Thanks so much for that site...glad to meet you .

“Free gift means FREE”

Since: Jan 09

Chicagoland

#464998 Jul 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks so much for that site...glad to meet you .
You're welcome, and you as well.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#464999 Jul 23, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Jude 1:24 says it all to those who do not believe in "Eternal Security".
Jude 1:24, "Now all glory to God, who is able to keep you from falling away and will bring you with great joy into his glorious presence without a single fault."
Glory to God because.....
1. He will keep you from falling away
2. He will bring you with great joy into his glorious presence.
3. Without a single fault
HALLELUJAH!!! Thank you Jesus.
So even if you're a complete jerk to everyone who doesn't agree with you; even if you mock the Eucharist; reverse Apostolic teaching; spread slander about another group; mock the Mother of Christ; use sick vulgar language to condemn Homosexuals to Hell; manipulate Holy Scriptures; ignore everything the Apostles taught their Disciples; add to the prophecy of John in the Book of Revelation..... you're still saved??

No wonder you new born agains have success evangelizing! Its a guaranteed path to salvation. Its a chaotic free -for- all!! Sign me up! Not.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#465000 Jul 23, 2013
What happens to the group who changed the Word of God?
I hate to rain on your anti Catholic parade... but one group of the born agains on here are guilty of changing the Word of God. One is going to a not-so-good judgement for undoing the teachings of Jesus Christ.
One group does not have the Holy Spirit bringing them to Biblical truth. Who is it? Preston, Confrint, and LTM vs Oldg, Chuck, OSAS, and 4gvn?
Looks like you guys had a night of Bible verse warfare. Everyone is tired, but still convinced the Holy Christ is bringing them to Biblical truth. Wow!
truth

Perth, Australia

#465001 Jul 23, 2013
yes
every code and formula have law

spiritual law is deference..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min get it spelled right 15,516
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 4 min George Justapose 12
Mohamed Noor: GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY 5 min Doctor REALITY 1
What did O.J. Simpson do with the murder weapon... 10 min George Justapose 12
Ryan Prince ♡ R.I.P. 18 min Piston 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 25 min Aerobatty 983,071
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 36 min waaasssuuup 619,687
More from around the web