Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
448,301 - 448,320 of 537,022 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic theologians compiled and approved of all the data in the new testament. They created the Jesus-myth which was simply a re-warmed myth from other religious history.
You were fed that information and taught to believe it was based on truth.
Every theologian in every religion committed the same atrocities by programming the minds of their devout followers.
sorry June ,but with me, you got your hands on a different animal.

I was fed nothing about Jesus from any catholic source, and concerning Truth about If he is real or not, I can depend on my own sensory capacity.

For on around Jan.30, 1965, on my way to the killing fields of Vietnam, I saw him with my own eyes as He sat beside me, shortly thereafter, I myself was being transported to a Military Hospital almost dead.

you might convince some mone else with your words but NEVER ME. I KNOW BETTER. MY JESUS LIVES AND LIVES FOREVER.

AND THE CHURCH SAYS; AMEN!!!!

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Could this number reference that is found in the Western Hemisphere and in the East, be an earlier reference to the current death rate?
http://www.hebrew4christians.com/About_HFC/De...
http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/live-world...
If you believe it "fits" for your desired belief ... for you it WILL fit.

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="RoSesz"
So the prodigal is not the Believer who sins??
And the Shepherd will not go after His lost sheep th as t The FATHER gave Him??
And when He told us about forgiveness..??
It just makes some of scripture confusing to believe that a repentant
Believe cannot be forgiven..Has shut the door on salvation
That's nit to speak of one who never turns back to the Lord.
Or the Jews the Hebrew writer addressed who were going back t o practice of Sacrificial Judaism
If ALL sin and fall short if the glory of God ..how can it be that The blood will not cover sin of the believer..
Sorry Kay ..gif ..But very contradictory..???
God created man to LIVE BY FAITH. The Bible instructs us that we may not only live, but LIVE ETERNALLY if we have faith in Him.
I was born to my father, and was given his name. I could be a good, honorable daughter, or I could be a rebellious, dishonorable daughter...but I remain his daughter.
The Greek word that is translated 'shall' in our Bible, means "must", or "will HAVE TO BE". Paul said, "BELIEVE on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you SHALL (must or will have to) be saved. One cannot maintain 'faith' in Him and be lost.
He will instruct or correct us, as necessary...but as we trust HIM, He is continually working to perfect us. Don't give up on Him...He will never give up on you.
BELIEVE in His salvation...not your own goodness. Keep your faith alive.
KayMarie
Ok I do believe This..We must maintain Faith.

Your?? Posts,yesterday seemed to be saying a Saved person who sins
Has,crucified Christ..made His blood not cover new sin
And there is no repentance

And this was confusing ..as if the SPIRIT convicts you and you repent ..can you not be reconciled..especially if your s inning ..had nothing to do with going to say belief in Apollo ..

You still believe Jesus is Lord ..never deny Him..But DON'T we all sin
And some people may even turn away by say not praying or getting bogged down in other things..

Just saying if He looks for LOST SHEEP His Father gave Him ..won't He want us back ..Not make it that we have shut the door behind us.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>chill out. she is just a young child. the fact that she has a testimony to give is wonderful,AND ON FACEBOOK WHERE ALL OF HER FRIENDS CAN READ IT.
now look at the difference between you and this woman(am deleting her name)
XXXXX XXXX your welcome it blesses my heart to see[[[[[ young people]]]]]] serving the Lord .
I do not view the use of god to refer to God as serving the Lord...but as insulting him....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Step away from the Bible, the answer is not there.
*hands you a Geology book*
Much better information in regards to climate change, the Ace Age, how volcanic landslides into the Med Sea has caused tsunamis in other parts of the Med Sea.
It so happens that the Bible is a Book of Science if you can read and understand.

the water rushed in where the earth rose as the Bible states.Not my fault if he cant understand it, he aint a Christian

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

marge wrote:
who="RoSesz"
So the prodigal is not the Believer who sins??
And the Shepherd will not go after His lost sheep th as t The FATHER gave Him??
And when He told us about forgiveness..??
It just makes some of scripture confusing to believe that a repentant
Believe cannot be forgiven..Has shut the door on salvation
That's nit to speak of one who never turns back to the Lord.
Or the Jews the Hebrew writer addressed who were going back t o practice of Sacrificial Judaism
If ALL sin and fall short if the glory of God ..how can it be that The blood will not cover sin of the believer..
Sorry Kay ..gif ..But very contradictory..???
yes very contradictory...
only to the unlearned is the Bible appearing to be contradicting, as you have proven yourself to be.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

who="Coffee Freak"
It is human nature to worry, whether you are God fearing, God loving or a non believer. The God of my understanding knows that and He IS love. There are so many contradictions in the Bible and of what people say. That's why, in my opinion, I just try to be the best person I can be. I believe God (whoever He/She/It is) loves us all, despite what we do and who we are. It is inconceivable to me how God can love a child molester, a murderer, and others who commit evil acts but if God is love, than He loves them anyway, just doesn't love what they do. We, according to the Bible, were made in His image. All I can say is just be the best person you can be and learn from mistakes. The 10 Commandments are a basic guideline for living. If we try and follow them, I think we'll be ok.=)

In other words, it is just a matter of trusting God's Word.
As for 'contradictions in the Bible', I'm discovering that some things seem contradictory because WE DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING.

KayMarie

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

marge wrote:
A Christian is a new creation.“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!”(2 Corinthians 5:17). This verse speaks of a person becoming an entirely new creature as a result of being “in Christ.” For a Christian to lose salvation, the new creation would have to be canceled and reversed.
Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-lose-sa...
I agree - one must beleive in all of what Jesus taught to understasnd what he taught. One cannot do this with just a portion of his teachings.

Looks like you have fallen short of the goal you seek.

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>she had went and gave her life to the Lord around a year ago but didn't go to church regularly
Well it is,wonderful for all of you that she is a believer

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
Sometimes you ALMOST get it right!
(1) There IS a God.
(2) He IS love.
(3) Worry will NOT guarantee that He will love me.
1 ... that is your opinion.
2 ... a god of love would not allow a devil to run his kingdom.
3 ... worry will not guarantee that a god exists OR loves only your Protestant butt.

If you believe that without strings attached a god loves everyone unconditionally ... you would have not need to believe in it's existence, or to worship it , or to preach nonsense ... period.

You are a worry-wart that if you don't convert the people of the world to your Protestant religion, they will spend eternity in hell.

Worry ... worry ... worry!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Ye of little faith believe that a perfect god would be so low as to allow a devil his dues.

What a sinister religion.

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>It so happens that the Bible is a Book of Science if you can read and understand.
the water rushed in where the earth rose as the Bible states.Not my fault if he cant understand it, he aint a Christian
Only in those minds that have deluded Science in error.

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Coffee Freak wrote:
<quoted text>
That's wonderful that you can quote the Bible but do you practice what you preach or are you like a lot of religious people I know who are rude to others, and sin all week only to go to church to beg for forgiveness, walk out the door and start the sin cycle all over again? I waitress and yesterday my co worker waited on a Priest and 3 of his companions. She went over to them to see how they were doing and he rudely shooed her away without even looking up at her. I think so many religious people are biggots and hypocrites. It disgusts me and is a major reason why I gave up organized religion in the first place.
ORGANUZED RELIGION
sometimes has very little to do with belief in Christ.

That relationship is between us,and Him...in our hearts ..nit in a Church

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not view the use of god to refer to God as serving the Lord...but as insulting him....
suffer the little children to come to me.

only a senile idiot such as yourself would attack a childs testimony.

when I read it, I almost choke up, ok, I do choke up that a young person would go on facebook and give a testimony that all other children can read.

and I like her last one that I posted, where she said that He spoke to her. I would that He would speak to you and get you to remove your satanic attitude towards people.

as I said to LTM, this was on a mobile device that she posted on. it might not even have CAPS. I dont know since I don't text and my cellphone still has a antenna

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

PS.

I many times on this forum have not capitalized the name of Jesus
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Rosesz, a couple verses;

And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever--

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it is,wonderful for all of you that she is a believer
thanks your opinion is much different than that of Oxbore

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>It so happens that the Bible is a Book of Science if you can read and understand.
Is that why early scientists that were imprisoned and/or put to death as heretical offenders of a god???

Only after Luther broke the power of the Catholic church were scientists able to come out of hiding.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Microbe Hunters by Paul de Kruif … published 1926

But at that time, in the middle of the seventeenth century, great things were astir in the world. Here and there in France and England and Italy rare men were thumbing their noses at almost everything that passed for knowledge.“We will no longer take Aristotle’s say-so, nor the Pope’s say-so,” said these rebels.“We will trust only the perpetually repeated observations of our own eyes and the careful weighings of our scales; we will listen to the answers experiments give us and no other answers!” So in England a few of these revolutionists started a society called The Invisible College, it had to be invisible because that man Cromwell might have hung them for plotters and heretics if he had heard of the strange questions they were trying to settle.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Romans 8:34

Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died--more than that, who was raised to life--is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

who="Coffee Freak"
That's wonderful that you can quote the Bible but do you practice what you preach or are you like a lot of religious people I know who are rude to others, and sin all week only to go to church to beg for forgiveness, walk out the door and start the sin cycle all over again? I waitress and yesterday my co worker waited on a Priest and 3 of his companions. She went over to them to see how they were doing and he rudely shooed her away without even looking up at her. I think so many religious people are biggots and hypocrites. It disgusts me and is a major reason why I gave up organized religion in the first place.

Very sad, CF. Some 'religious' people are 'religious' but their 'head' is not Christ Jesus. He teaches us to "do unto (all) others, as you wish them to do unto you'.

Good word for those who think their mean treatment of others on this forum could possibly prove their religion to be 'right'.

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 min Stilgar Fifrawi 225,619
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min JudgeNJury 259,186
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 min NEWS-FLASH 172,909
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 6 min Naveen kumar 976
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 6 min DeAngelo of Memphis 2,178
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Buck Crick 729,935
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 18 min Hot hot 664
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 41 min CALYPS017 117,773
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 52 min Jennette 75

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••