Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596280 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#464526 Jul 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
THE RETURN OF THE PRODIGAL SON (THE JEWS)IS PROPHESIED IN...
Faithful Jews to Judaism don't believe that Jesus was the messiah ... as according to them other issues had to unfold before the savior could come to earth, and those issues have not yet occurred.

But then ... compared to you, a Protestant ... what could the Jews possible know about their own religion?

Sarcasm intended.
truth

Perth, Australia

#464527 Jul 22, 2013
how many Gods you have..yes..many god as rich..godly as timmoty say
did jesus died that someone need be rich..all thiefs=is that your ministers judges scribers this and that who work very hard let down many..yep according rich godly life all thiefs is together..

by

don't save me with them

Prince George, Canada

#464528 Jul 22, 2013
possibly
observer

Roselle, IL

#464529 Jul 22, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Sorry
I see no relevance to the subject... in what you have posted....
The relevance is I just pulled the rug out from under your fairytale religion.Im done here, NEXT!!!!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#464530 Jul 22, 2013
fear

no

Mercy ..as God have title.

Creator not created you for suffering.
no
truth

Perth, Australia

#464531 Jul 22, 2013
liar from bigining
yepppppppppppppppppppppp

Prince George, Canada

#464532 Jul 22, 2013
<quoted text>
YOU HAVE BEEN DEFINED/DESCRIBED IN THE WORDS OF APOSTLE PAUL
2Co_12:7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations,
-->there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. <--
I understand that you believe you are full of the holiness of a god and that I am the spawn of your Christian devil.

That is what over-dosing on those preferential scriptures has done to you.

What a shame that you perceive other humans as fodder for hell, and your self as holiness for heaven.

What a sickening belief!

Prince George, Canada

#464533 Jul 22, 2013
It's so interesting that according to theology, the god of the Jews also created evil, yet not one of these Christians will admit that some of the evil is IN them. They always push the evil stuffing off on others and grab the holy stuffing for their selves.

Greed is the name of their game!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#464534 Jul 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
I John 3:3-12, 3 "And everyone who thus hopes in him purifies himself as he is pure. 4 Everyone who makes a PRACTICE of sinning also PRACTICES lawlessness; sin is lawlessness. 5 You know that he appeared in order to take away sins, and in him there is no sin. 6 No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him. 7 Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever PRACTICES righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous. 8 Whoever makes a PRACTICE of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. 9 No one born of God makes a PRACTICE of sinning, for God's seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God. 10 By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not PRACTICE righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother. 11 For this is the message that you have heard from the beginning, that we should love one another."
What is the meaning of the words I have capitalized in I John 3:3-11? The words are practice and practices? Please explain.
~~~

I TOLD YOU WHAT I BELIEVE...

IF YOU WANT TO BELIEVE THAT A MAN CAN SIN MORE OR LESS EVERY DAY AND STILL GET TO HEAVEN...

i TOOK THE SHANGLE DOWN WHEN i WAS BORN AGAIN...

HAVE AT IT.

TO ME ....ETERNAL SECURITY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GOD'S ETERNAL PLAN OF SALVATION...

I AM NOT GOING TO BE DRAWN INTO NON ESSENTIAL SIDE BAR SUBJECTS.

I AM BORN AGAIN

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

I AM REGENERATED

Tit_3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

I AM A SON OF GOD

Joh 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

I AM A NEW CREATURE IN CHRIST JESUS..

2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
2Co 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

MY HEART HAS BEEN CIRCUMCISED..

Rom_2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Rom_2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

I AM A JOINT HEIR WITH CHRIST.

Rom_8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

I AM A FELLOW CITIZEN WITH THE SAINTS..

Eph_2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

I AM THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN CHRIST JESUS.

2Co_5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin;

that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

#464535 Jul 22, 2013
who="RoSesz"
So the prodigal is not the Believer who sins??
And the Shepherd will not go after His lost sheep th as t The FATHER gave Him??
And when He told us about forgiveness..??
It just makes some of scripture confusing to believe that a repentant
Believe cannot be forgiven..Has shut the door on salvation
That's nit to speak of one who never turns back to the Lord.
Or the Jews the Hebrew writer addressed who were going back t o practice of Sacrificial Judaism
If ALL sin and fall short if the glory of God ..how can it be that The blood will not cover sin of the believer..
Sorry Kay ..gif ..But very contradictory..???
God created man to LIVE BY FAITH. The Bible instructs us that we may not only live, but LIVE ETERNALLY if we have faith in Him.
I was born to my father, and was given his name. I could be a good, honorable daughter, or I could be a rebellious, dishonorable daughter...but I remain his daughter.
The Greek word that is translated 'shall' in our Bible, means "must", or "will HAVE TO BE". Paul said, "BELIEVE on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you SHALL (must or will have to) be saved. One cannot maintain 'faith' in Him and be lost.
He will instruct or correct us, as necessary...but as we trust HIM, He is continually working to perfect us. Don't give up on Him...He will never give up on you.
BELIEVE in His salvation...not your own goodness. Keep your faith alive.
KayMarie

#464536 Jul 22, 2013
who="Oxbow"
In a large part....herein is the problem..Catholics view my posts as arguments.
I am not trying to win an argument when I post...but I am praying that, somehow, at least one Catholic on this forum,will see that they are being led down the wrong road by their piped piper...and make the necessary changes in their beliefs...

My intent/hope also.
KayMarie

#464537 Jul 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that you believe you are full of the holiness of a god and that I am the spawn of your Christian devil.
That is what over-dosing on those preferential scriptures has done to you.
What a shame that you perceive other humans as fodder for hell, and your self as holiness for heaven.
What a sickening belief!
~~~

Rom_6:13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

Rom_6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Prince George, Canada

#464538 Jul 22, 2013
Why would a creator that is perfect, allow a devil and hell in his own kingdom???

If the god hates evil, surely he would not allow a devil to tempt his beloved humans that are so special to him.

Are you people crazy that you stoop so low as to believe such ridiculous blather???

Even as a little child preachers couldn't succeed in force-feeding me such nonsense. I simply would not allow it to enter my brain. I knew instinctively that there was something very wrong with what they were trying to teach me.

#464539 Jul 22, 2013
who="Oxbow"
If I were in deep sorrow....deeply grieving over the lost of my child, and your best shot to comfort me is "God knows the future"....
you best be at least ten feet away from me...because your words tell me you are as phony as a three dollar bill...
You are a fool if you follow the teaching of paw-paw, whom says God is not God Almighty... He is only God!!!!!

My reference was to Isaiah 57:1 in which the prophet said that no one knows but what God has taken the righteous away from some evil to come.

We need to be comforted in our grief by the knowledge that He has not left us alone, nor has HE stolen something from us. Some things ARE NOT good, but "He WORKS ALL THINGS TOGETHER FOR OUR GOOD."

KayMarie

Prince George, Canada

#464540 Jul 22, 2013
God created man to LIVE BY FAITH.
That is how theologians held minds in bondage. They taught you to have faith in their words, and not think for your selves.

Now you are a recording unto your self. "Jesus loves me and will save me ... period!"

No more thoughts are allowed to enter your mind.

Totally indoctrinated!

Pathetic creature!
Clay

United States

#464541 Jul 22, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
I believe in conditional eternal security...
The Bible says...
1Jn 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
Commentary Geneva Bible dated 1599
1 John 3:3
(4) And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even (e) as he is pure.
(4) Now he describes this adoption (the glory which as yet consists in hope) by the effect that is, because whoever is made the Son of God, endeavours to resemble the Father in purity.
(e) This word signifies a likeness, but not an equality.
but why are Born Again Evangelicals divided on this?
Again, Sola Fide is no minor disagreement. One of yous are committing a terrible sin by preaching opposite of the will of God.

Prince George, Canada

#464542 Jul 22, 2013
I could never believe that others were evil and that I was holy.

If a god agreed with that presumptuous assessment, the god (in my opinion) would have to be a total write-off.

How repulsive.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

To say that a person is evil is an eradication of having to think about it.

Author unknown

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#464543 Jul 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
my granddaughters testimony on facebook.
A month ago i re-entered church and asked god to be apart of my life,Not because he had given up on me but because i had given up living my life for him. I thought this experience would be a breeze but its been one of the roughest rides ive been on. This past week has been filled with nothing but heart break,And it threw me off in the beginning but its opened my eyes to many things. I see how this life is short and im completely done with thinking were guaranteed tomorrow.I have a wonderful life and some pretty special people in it and its time to start appreciating it more!— feeling blessed.
Cling to God in times of needs and he will comfort you!God Bless!!!

#464544 Jul 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
but why are Born Again Evangelicals divided on this?
Again, Sola Fide is no minor disagreement. One of yous are committing a terrible sin by preaching opposite of the will of God.
~~~

2Co_13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Prince George, Canada

#464545 Jul 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
One of yous are committing a terrible sin by preaching opposite of the will of God.
How funny.

The Jews claim that Jesus is not the messiah.

The Catholics claim that Jesus is the messiah who came ONLY to save those of the Catholic faith.

Some Muslims claim that the 12th imam will come to save them and Jesus will come with him, as Jesus will have been converted to Islam.

Protestants suck the hind tit and claim whatever suits them.

Hahahahahaha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Justise League 854,769
The Christian Atheist debate 15 min HipGnosis 988
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 19 min ChristineM 444,332
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr PortaBella ITA 612,614
my wife neha ki chudai (May '14) 1 hr raavan 15
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 2 hr WasteWater 6,138
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 2 hr Grunt56 221,822
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 4 hr The swamiji 7,335
More from around the web