Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,050
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#464450 Jul 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
My opinion is "the link" to what I believe concerning your nasty self-righteous attitude of superiority.
Translation: You have no link to support your claim that I "like using words in a bible to bully those who are gay".

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5...

I get it.

Columbus, OH

#464451 Jul 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Einstein was an Atheist before he died....
Incorrect.

"Then there are the fanatical atheists whose intolerance is of the same kind as the intolerance of the religious fanatics and comes from the same source. They are like slaves who are still feeling the weight of their chains which they have thrown off after hard struggle. They are creatures who in their grudge against the traditional 'opium for the people' cannot bear the music of the spheres."

-- Max Jammer quoting Einstein in "Einstein and Religion: Physics and Theology", p. 97.

Harbinger from The Music of the Spheres by Oldfield, child:

Since: Sep 09

New Hazelton, Canada

#464452 Jul 21, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: You have no link to support your claim that I "like using words in a bible to bully those who are gay".
I get it.
NO ... it's my opinion. DO you like to bully those who are gay???

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#464453 Jul 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Based not on Scripture...but on hot air!!!!!!
Testimonies of Tradition
And indeed, illustrious documents of venerable antiquity, of both the Eastern and the Western Church, very forcibly testify that this doctrine of the Immaculate Conception of the most Blessed Virgin, which was daily more and more splendidly explained, stated and confirmed by the highest authority, teaching, zeal, knowledge, and wisdom of the Church, and which was disseminated among all peoples and nations of the Catholic world in a marvelous manner -- this doctrine always existed in the Church as a doctrine that has been received from our ancestors, and that has been stamped with the character of revealed doctrine. For the Church of Christ, watchful guardian that she is, and defender of the dogmas deposited with her, never changes anything, never diminishes anything, never adds anything to them; but with all diligence she treats the ancient documents faithfully and wisely; if they really are of ancient origin and if the faith of the Fathers has transmitted them, she strives to investigate and explain them in such a way that the ancient dogmas of heavenly doctrine will be made evident and clear, but will retain their full, integral, and proper nature, and will grown only within their own genus -- that is, within the same dogma, in the same sense and the same meaning.
Eastern Church does not support the Immaculate Conception Doctrine. The quote must be from a Cath site

Since: Sep 09

New Hazelton, Canada

#464454 Jul 21, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect.
"Then there are the fanatical atheists whose intolerance is of the same kind as the intolerance of the religious fanatics and comes from the same source. They are like slaves who are still feeling the weight of their chains which they have thrown off after hard struggle. They are creatures who in their grudge against the traditional 'opium for the people' cannot bear the music of the spheres."
-- Max Jammer quoting Einstein in "Einstein and Religion: Physics and Theology", p. 97.
Harbinger from The Music of the Spheres by Oldfield, child:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =dlqDEnzfI_0XX
I guess it's rather like picking your favorite theologian in concern with which religion you want to believe preaches the one and only truth.

I want to believe Einstein was an Atheist, and you want to believe he was ... what ... a faithful Jew to Judaism ... or a Christian? OH WAIT ... let me guess ... just like Jesus ... you want to believe that Einstein the Jew favored Christianity.

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Scientific research is based on the idea that everything that takes place is determined by laws of nature, and therefore this holds for the action of people. For this reason, a research scientist will hardly be inclined to believe that events could be influenced by a prayer, i.e. by a wish addressed to a Supernatural Being.

Albert Einstein, 1936, responding to a child who wrote and asked if scientists pray. Source: Albert Einstein: The Human Side, Edited by Helen Dukas and Banesh Hoffmann

Columbus, OH

#464455 Jul 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
NO ... it's my opinion. DO you like to bully those who are gay???
Perhaps you didn't actually understand what I wrote here:

If you need help. give me a holler.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#464456 Jul 21, 2013
Peter not a pope was!!!!

Matthew 16:18-19, "And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

The Catlicks say the above Scripture proves Peter was the greatest of the disciples, in that Christ made him the first pope....if that be so, why, two chapters later, did they ask "At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?"

But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them. But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;

Minister: an attendant, i.e.(genitive case) a waiter (at table or in other menial duties); specially, a Christian teacher and pastor (technically, a deacon or deaconess):--deacon, minister, servant.

That is not what does a pope!!!!!!!

Look!!!! Pope... A person considered to have unquestioned authority:

Location hidden

#464457 Jul 21, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Eastern Church does not support the Immaculate Conception Doctrine. The quote must be from a Cath site
Apostolic Constitution issued by Pope Pius IX on December 8, 1854.

Columbus, OH

#464458 Jul 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I want to believe Einstein was an Atheist....
Of course you do, child.

But it doesn't matter much what you want.

What matter is what is, and Einstein was not an atheist and despised the likes of you.

Columbus, OH

#464459 Jul 21, 2013
matter - matters

Location hidden

#464460 Jul 21, 2013
Why did God take my child whom I loved? Why would God be so heartless and cruel? How could a loving God do such a thing? Why does God allow suffering? Does God even exist?

The fact is, some bad things happen by chance, others because of another's sin, or because of our own sin.

Does God care when we grieve the loss of a loved one? Yes you are grieving right now, but how dare you blame it on God and think he doesn't even care!

God loves you and cares for you. Set your hopes on what is above, not the earth.

"Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day. For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal."

Columbus, OH

#464461 Jul 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Why did God take my child whom I loved? Why would God be so heartless and cruel? How could a loving God do such a thing? Why does God allow suffering? Does God even exist?
The fact is, some bad things happen by chance, others because of another's sin, or because of our own sin.
Does God care when we grieve the loss of a loved one? Yes you are grieving right now, but how dare you blame it on God and think he doesn't even care!
God loves you and cares for you. Set your hopes on what is above, not the earth.
"Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day. For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal."
BibleGod's pretend, child.

He can't care about anything.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#464462 Jul 21, 2013
who="atemcowboy" I think after years of fighting about it on this forum, we should all just walk in the light that we are given.
if you cant understand that OSAS might not be Biblical, then just leave it alone.and vice versa.

&&&&&& &&&&&

That is a good idea for all of those questions about which the Bible does not give a specific answer.

Scripture says that 'those things that are revealed to us are ours, but those not revealed, belong to God.'

May not be the exact quote; I'm writing in the dark (don't want to wake anyone else up), so I can't look it up.

KayMarie
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#464463 Jul 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I was taught ..
Hey. Do you know,any one ...I might have heard if it listened to??
And I don't mean a minister. Lol
What?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#464464 Jul 21, 2013
who="Oxbow" Why did God take my child whom I loved? Why would God be so heartless and cruel? How could a loving God do such a thing? Why does God allow suffering? Does God even exist?

Isa 57:1 The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come...

God knows the future.

KayMarie

Location hidden

#464465 Jul 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Apostolic Constitution issued by Pope Pius IX on December 8, 1854.
Im finding that the catholics often mischaracterize the Orthodox position to support theirs. There are some things we share that I know you are opposed to. The immaculate conception is not one of them. We dispute that.Why would they draw us in? Stand your own ground on your own beliefs.
truth

Perth, Australia

#464466 Jul 21, 2013
i don't care what you say..
civilization before exist evil left..posessors and decivers..yepppppppppppppp
now
i been in church after 4 weeks..i dopn't be..no
jaaaaaaa..horiblle evil..could you imagen that..they are looks nice..no they are not..maybe we are not better..no..but..they think they can hide..no..they are looks nice in nice suits with nice lips..no they are not..that woman two of them..jaaa..ones in white jacket uder in gry jumper..yep must be indian..they looks nice..but 'i see'..horible..could you imagen black dark birds going from them..they think i can't see..yes i see..they come in church but send to others..jes ..why..could you imagen that..and after euharistic that man..ye..young man..see and he took a book..no its not belong to church ..must be funny book..but i see..do yopu understood..they posess deciver..its deference that you think..

people can see you are jelouse now why..horibblle..i liked run from this place..
no no no deference between prayewrs no..why she send that to other people..

Location hidden

#464467 Jul 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Oxbow" Why did God take my child whom I loved? Why would God be so heartless and cruel? How could a loving God do such a thing? Why does God allow suffering? Does God even exist?
Isa 57:1 The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come...
God knows the future.
KayMarie
I am not a grieving parent....but if I were, and you told me "God knows the future" my reply would be "stuff it...you know where"....

Location hidden

#464468 Jul 21, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Im finding that the catholics often mischaracterize the Orthodox position to support theirs. There are some things we share that I know you are opposed to. The immaculate conception is not one of them. We dispute that.Why would they draw us in? Stand your own ground on your own beliefs.
I was once a Catlick...and as such, I swallowed all the swill fed to me by the vatacan..

By the Grace of God, my Spiritual eyes and ears were opened..I keep praying that by His Grace, one Catlick on this forum will experience His Grace and mercy, and say to me "Now I see. Now I hear!!!"

That would be the greatest reward I could ever receive for the endless hours I have invested in that hope...

I hate not Catholics...my whole family is Catholic...what I do detest is the tripe the vatacan keeps feeding them....

Location hidden

#464469 Jul 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I was once a Catlick...and as such, I swallowed all the swill fed to me by the vatacan..
By the Grace of God, my Spiritual eyes and ears were opened..I keep praying that by His Grace, one Catlick on this forum will experience His Grace and mercy, and say to me "Now I see. Now I hear!!!"
That would be the greatest reward I could ever receive for the endless hours I have invested in that hope...
I hate not Catholics...my whole family is Catholic...what I do detest is the tripe the vatacan keeps feeding them....
Ox the Catholics here dislike my wife and me.WE correct their deliberate or misled versions of history. I find the Cath sites tell untruths re Orthodoxy and rewrite history. I know what beliefs you and I disagree on. We have talked about this before.
But I respect your sincerity in your beliefs.I have discovered that the Protestants here have more Christian behavior and love than the Catholics here. When I look for a Christian, I look at the behavior.I have a hard time with some of the stuff that the Catholics put out on their sites and people post by rote here.
I also found that many Caths here will misquote, lie and remake Topix history to win an argument.I am not just talking. I started out with a clean slate and have learned things here in Topix by experience.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Im no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 9 min Barnsweb 441,756
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 29 min pusherman_ 774,058
Does anyone like watching people masterbate? (May '14) 37 min devilkitty666 14
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr lightbeamrider 175,557
Couch Potato Alert 2 hr yon 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Seraphima 604,838
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 5 hr Neelakaran 1,243
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr onemale 265,020
More from around the web