Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683714 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#464640 Jul 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>do you have any degrees in Science?
BTW - knowing the Bible, has nothing to do with any Science degree. Please put your strawman back into his pouch for another day.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#464641 Jul 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I TOLD YOU WHAT I BELIEVE...
IF YOU WANT TO BELIEVE THAT A MAN CAN SIN MORE OR LESS EVERY DAY AND STILL GET TO HEAVEN...
i TOOK THE SHANGLE DOWN WHEN i WAS BORN AGAIN...
HAVE AT IT.
TO ME ....ETERNAL SECURITY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GOD'S ETERNAL PLAN OF SALVATION...
I AM NOT GOING TO BE DRAWN INTO NON ESSENTIAL SIDE BAR SUBJECTS.
I AM BORN AGAIN
Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
I AM REGENERATED
Tit_3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
I AM A SON OF GOD
Joh 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
I AM A NEW CREATURE IN CHRIST JESUS..
2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
2Co 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
MY HEART HAS BEEN CIRCUMCISED..
Rom_2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Rom_2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
I AM A JOINT HEIR WITH CHRIST.
Rom_8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
I AM A FELLOW CITIZEN WITH THE SAINTS..
Eph_2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
I AM THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN CHRIST JESUS.
2Co_5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin;
that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
You said, quote, "I TOLD YOU WHAT I BELIEVE...
IF YOU WANT TO BELIEVE THAT A MAN CAN SIN MORE OR LESS EVERY DAY AND STILL GET TO HEAVEN...
i TOOK THE SHANGLE DOWN WHEN i WAS BORN AGAIN..." End quote.

What does this actually mean? Are you stating that because you are born again you don't sin or can't sin? Your statement to that effect is a sin in itself because it is a lie. You and I sin everyday. Whether by commission or omission. Do you understand?

You said, quote, "O ME ....ETERNAL SECURITY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GOD'S ETERNAL PLAN OF SALVATION..." End quote.

It has everything to do with it. If you believe the promises of God and are saved then how can you be ever lost again? It can never happen therefore God's eternal plan of salvation has everything to do with our being "ETERNAL SECURE" in Him.

Do you believe we receive eternal life as God's plan of salvation when we believe and trust in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior?

Albuquerque, NM

#464642 Jul 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
ORGANUZED RELIGION
sometimes has very little to do with belief in Christ.
That relationship is between us,and Him...in our hearts ..nit in a Church
....which seems tobe a problem with you, because you seem to reject these teachings.

How's that relationship working out for you?

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

If it is working for you, then you just contradicted your own belief.

If it isn't working for you, then maybe you should consider learning and understanding them.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#464643 Jul 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>suffer the little children to come to me.
only a senile idiot such as yourself would attack a childs testimony.
when I read it, I almost choke up, ok, I do choke up that a young person would go on facebook and give a testimony that all other children can read.
and I like her last one that I posted, where she said that He spoke to her. I would that He would speak to you and get you to remove your satanic attitude towards people.
as I said to LTM, this was on a mobile device that she posted on. it might not even have CAPS. I dont know since I don't text and my cellphone still has a antenna
If, God forbid, I inadvertently made a typo, and wrote god instead of God, as soon as I realized my error, I would correct it.

If I used a device that had no way to capitalize words, I would so state that in my text...

If I had a granddaughter that did not have the wherewithal to make those corrections and/or explanation, I would do it for her..
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#464644 Jul 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
L o l sorry
I even forgot what I meant
A very famous person comes from the city it says you come from :)
Just wondering if you knew him or his family
Now that sounds silly..
I have no idea how big your city is.
I suppose you mean'Rush'. No, I don't know him. His brother David is also quite well know in conservative circles. Don't know him either. Sorry.
bible examainer

Rolling Meadows, IL

#464645 Jul 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
A whole lot of nitwits, guiding other nitwits to be nitwits.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.
Bible
There are at least thirty six different authors, who wrote in three continents, in many countries, in three languages, and from every possible human standpoint. Among these authors were kings, farmers, mechanics, scientific men, lawyers, generals, fishermen, ministers and priests, a tax-collector, a doctor, some rich, some poor, some city bred, some country born—thus touching all the experiences of men—extending over 1500 years.
You ask any priest or pastor and see what they say about who exactly wrote the bible.Its all guesses my friend.They say well john the baptist could have wrtoe that or maybe another john.They dont know man!!!!!

Albuquerque, NM

#464646 Jul 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If you find yourself standing before God at the Great White Throne Judgment Seat, you can ask Him face to face.....but it will be too late to be of any benefit to you.....the ball game, at that time, will be over...
....HEED THE WARNING.....

Afterall - Oxbow has died, stood next to "God" and came back to exclaim his journey.

*sighs*

Oxbow - why do try and mislead others with false information?

Albuquerque, NM

#464647 Jul 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
hypocrite you say? I agree with you. Many Books of the NT were likely not written by the 12 Apostles. Paul probably had Luke write some and perhaps Clement (Peters successor).
Even 2Peter was probably written by one of His Disciples according to some Biblical scholars.
You have no way of knowing if the Gospel of Thomas is authentic or any texts of the Bible. We are both relying do the declaration of men. I rely on the authority of the Catholic Church. You rely on yourself.
It's good that you can agree. Many refute this...and then continue with their false argument.

You on the other hand, joyfully give men credit for creating your "God".

BTW - I don't rely on myself, as I've relied on thousands of year of investigation work, published works by accredited scholars and what "Jesus said". I also don't take men's word for telling me what is inspired by "God", whereas you do.

Shoot, I've asked multiple times on where "God" has stated that GoThomas is NOT inspired, yet not one of the posters on here can supply that detail.

I guess it goes alongside - into the void of nowhere - with your clear response that you or Anthony have stated, "I believe the Pope is infallible."

Twisting the truth around to suit your own agenda will not bring you to the truth.

Location hidden

#464648 Jul 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>suffer the little children to come to me.
only a senile idiot such as yourself would attack a childs testimony.
when I read it, I almost choke up, ok, I do choke up that a young person would go on facebook and give a testimony that all other children can read.
and I like her last one that I posted, where she said that He spoke to her. I would that He would speak to you and get you to remove your satanic attitude towards people.
as I said to LTM, this was on a mobile device that she posted on. it might not even have CAPS. I dont know since I don't text and my cellphone still has a antenna
"Testimony"???? I must have missed it...unless you mean where she said something about coming back to church...if that be so, I fail to see that as a testimony...as in: A public declaration regarding a religious experience.

Location hidden

#464649 Jul 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
PS.
I many times on this forum have not capitalized the name of Jesus
Nothing else need be said....

Location hidden

#464650 Jul 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the Word "almighty" is an adjective, does that help you?
Your paw-paw needs help...he says that God and God Almighty are two different Gods!!! That he was called by God...not by God Almighty!!!!!
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#464652 Jul 22, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it matter if I do?
Do you have a degree in "God" inspired writings?
AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's the best joke yet!

Location hidden

#464653 Jul 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>thanks your opinion is much different than that of Oxbore
Share with us your Salvation testimony....
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#464654 Jul 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, so you and Confrint are on the same page. But Oldg, Chuck and 4gvn are not. And depending what day it is. One of you two will have LTM and Mar? And we all agree that Ox is off in the corner playing in the sand box.
I still say this is a serious issue. If I'm new to religion and I seek Christ. I can go into OldJG's church and his Pastor will tell me to come to the alter and I will be saved. Once saved, always saved.
Then if I go into your church you'll tell me to come to the alter to get saved, BUT I now need to cooperate with this grace and endure til my death. For I could fall back into sin and lose my salvation. Right?
I say one of you two groups are in trouble for not preaching the will of God. One of you two obviously does not have the Holy Spirit bringing you to Biblical truth.
What in the world does cooperate with grace mean?
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#464655 Jul 22, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
....HEED THE WARNING.....
Afterall - Oxbow has died, stood next to "God" and came back to exclaim his journey.
*sighs*
:)

I'll bet when he was there he never had the courage to ask the god if it was true that he favored only Jews.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#464656 Jul 22, 2013
Encyclical of the Eastern Patriarchs (1848). "We believe that in this sacred rite our Lord Jesus Christ is present not symbolically [typikos], not figuratively [eikonikos], not by an abundance of grace, as in the other Mysteries, not by a simple descent, as certain Fathers say about Baptism, and not through a ‘penetration’ of the bread, so that the Divinity of the Word should ‘enter’ into the bread offered for the Eucharist, as the followers of Luther explain it rather awkwardly and unworthily – but truly and actually, so that after the sanctification of the bread and wine, the bread is changed, transubstantiated, converted, transformed, into the actual true Body of the Lord, Which was born in Bethlehem of the Ever-Virgin, was baptized in the Jordan, suffered, was buried, resurrected, ascended, sits at the right hand of God the Father, and is to appear in the clouds of heaven; and the wine is changed and transubstantiated into the actual true Blood of the Lord, which at the time of His suffering on the Cross was shed for the life of the world. Yet again, we believe that after the sanctification of the bread and wine there remains no longer the bread and wine themselves, but the very Body and Blood of the Lord, under the appearance and form of bread and wine."
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#464657 Jul 22, 2013
bible examainer wrote:
<quoted text> You ask any priest or pastor and see what they say about who exactly wrote the bible.Its all guesses my friend.They say well john the baptist could have wrtoe that or maybe another john.They dont know man!!!!!
They don't CARE who compiled all that stuff in the bible, as they are very busy picking and choosing the best parts such as following Jesus ... being holy ... looking forward to salvation ... et cetera ... for their selves.

It's a very handy book to use against others as evil sinners that deserve only hell, and to pat the self on the back as being worthy of heaven.

Location hidden

#464658 Jul 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>if you and she were both taken out of this world right now, she would go to Heaven, she has confessed her Salvation.
YOU WOULD SPLIT HELL WIDE OPEN
"she has confessed her Salvation".

I missed it..show me where to find it...I am interested...

BTW...you do not have the Godly Wisdom of knowing whom is and whom isn't going to Heaven...or hell...

Location hidden

#464659 Jul 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
ALL I CAN GIVE YOU IS THE WORD OF GOD...
Isa_9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and
his name shall be called
Wonderful,
Counsellor,
The mighty God,
The everlasting Father,
The Prince of Peace.
~~~~~~~~~
NOW YOU CAN ARGUE/DEBATE.... WITH THE
MESSIANIC PROPHET ...
ISAIAH...
I conclude that God knows his son's name...
I thank you should too
I WILL TAKE HIS WORD FOR IT...
Thanks for confirming the truth in my words...you are too kind!!!!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#464660 Jul 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
"Testimony"???? I must have missed it...unless you mean where she said something about coming back to church...if that be so, I fail to see that as a testimony...as in: A public declaration regarding a religious experience.
Every exhilarating experience concerning church is one person's or another person's testimony.

It's advertising what a religion can do for you ... if only you are wise enough to join. If you join our group we can gang up on others in other religions that dare to disagree with ours.

Come join the fun ... activities such as throwing rocks at sinners is free.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min bad bob 15,882
So how exactly did O.J. Simpson pull off a doub... 27 min Doctor REALITY 12
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 29 min Aerobatty 983,116
I'm very saddened by Kryie wanting away from Le... 54 min Doctor REALITY 2
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 58 min Born Again Past JW 46,265
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Devoted Child Prayer 619,691
What did O.J. Simpson do with the murder weapon... 2 hr George Justapose 23
More from around the web