Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,864
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

New Hazelton, Canada

#464277 Jul 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
KAY
what of these passages
Those given to Jesus will not be lost
The lost sheep He goes after
http://biblehub.com/john/6-37.htm
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
And the prodigal belonged to his father's house..
He was welcomed home as we discussed before
????
Why aren't you busy following the orders of the one god in heaven who wants people put to death for offending him???

Could it be that if you do, you will find your Catholic holy butt incarcerated for crimes against humanity???

It's just too bad that Christians can't burn more people at the stake. That damned separation of church and government took all the fun out of being Christian. Sarcasm intended!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

AD

342: Christian Emperors Constans and Contantinus create a law against samesex marriages.

390: homosexuality is declared a crime in several Christian empires&#894; those found guilty are sentenced to be burnt alive in public.

http://hrsbstaff.ednet.ns.ca/cbarre/global%20...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#464278 Jul 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying a Saved person who goes and sins ..Will NOT be -->CALKED<-- back by his own conscience and the SPIRIT to repent.
That THEir sins were Not covered by the Cross ..they are lost forever??
~~~

You wrote

So you are saying a Saved person who goes and sins ..Will NOT be -->CALKED<-- back by his own conscience and the SPIRIT to repent.

SORRY I don't comprehend your post..

the word -->CALKED<--- IN ENGLISH IS DEFINED AS ...

Calked

CALKED, pp. Cauked. Having the seams stopped; furnished with shoes with

iron points.

New Hazelton, Canada

#464279 Jul 21, 2013
The word “homosexual” did not enter the English language until the 19th century. Please note how men added that word to the later editions of the bibles.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

1 Corinthians 6:9

Douay-Rheims Bible
Know you not that the unjust shall not possess the kingdom of God? Do not err: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers,

1 Corinthians 6:9

World English Bible
Or don't you know that the unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don't be deceived. Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor male prostitutes, nor homosexuals,

http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/6-9.htm

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#464280 Jul 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote
SORRY I don't comprehend your post..
the word -->CALKED<--- IN ENGLISH IS DEFINED AS ...
Calked
CALKED, pp. Cauked. Having the seams stopped; furnished with shoes with
iron points.
CALLED BACK ..BY THE SPIRIT ..by Jesus looking for lost sheep.

Your message today seems to be that if a Saved person sins ..they have no hope..And now I'm confused

As yesterday we discussed repentance .

All sin is willful ..

New Hazelton, Canada

#464281 Jul 21, 2013
The words in all self-proclaimed holy books for the most part have been used to bully others into submission.

At one time, if a person left the Catholic religion, that person would not only be chastised, but if recanting was not forthcoming, the person would be put to death as a heretic.

Today we see cults that are filled with seemingly kind people such as the Jehovah's Witnesses, who in turn hold people to their cults with the threat that if they leave they will be shunned by their families and "friends" and will be disowned by "god."

Religion is not good!

#464282 Jul 21, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Gif, i can understand where there are people walking around who will never be saved, this verse comes to mind; Lev 27:29 No person specially set apart for destruction may be bought back. Such a person must be put to death.
But your not talking about those right? Your talking about a person who has been called to repentance and repented and receieved Jesus as their Saviour, correct?
~~~

In it's context
Lev 27:29 None devoted, which shall be devoted of men, shall be redeemed; but shall surely be put to death.

refers to animals....

I gave you scripture that says that if a person falls way...willfully turns their back on God

THEY HAVE INADVERTENTLY SEALED THEIR DOOM,....THEY CANNOT BE RENEWED AGAIN UNTO REPENTANCE...

(IF THEY HAVE OR NOT IS NOT MY DECISION TO MAKE...GOD WILL MAKE THE FINAL CALL)

BUT THIS HAPHAZARD LUFESTYLE THAT MANY LIVE TODAY (THIS LIVING ON THE EDGE) IS A DANGEROUS LIFESTYLE...

Heb 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

Heb 6:5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

Heb 6:6 If they shall fall away,

NOTE
to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

THE BIBLE SAYS...

Heb_12:14 Follow peace with all men, and -->holiness,<-- without which no man shall see the Lord:

-->HOLINESS<-- DEFINED IN GREEK

G38
&#945;&#788;&#947; &#953;&#945;&#963; &#956;&#959;&#769; &#962;
hagiasmos
hag-ee-as-mos'
From G37; properly purification, that is,(the state) purity; concretely (by Hebraism) a purifier:- holiness, sanctification.

Luk 1:70 As he/GOD spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:

Luk 1:71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;

Luk 1:72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

Luk 1:73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,

Luk 1:74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

NOTE
Luk 1:75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.

Luk 1:76 And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways;

Luk 1:77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#464283 Jul 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
my oldest and my newest grandchildren
WELL Congratulations ..And G o d bless them both

New Hazelton, Canada

#464284 Jul 21, 2013
To say that if you leave our religion we will not talk to you again, is one issue ... but to claim that if you leave our religion "god" will disown you ... is a vile teaching, common to those who crave control over the mindsets of others.

And to teach little children that they will burn in hell if they are found offensive to god, is nothing other than child abuse ... PERIOD!!!

New Hazelton, Canada

#464285 Jul 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
All sin is willful ..
Sin to YOU is simply not being of the Catholic religion!

WOW!!!

You really must believe you ARE special to the Jewish father of Jesus ... the only god in existence ... according to your warped theology.

By the way ... how long have you been using a bible to spread more lies?

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#464286 Jul 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You like using words in a bible to bully those who are gay HUH???
I bet you wouldn't like others to use words in a bible to bully YOU though ... would YOU???
It makes a big difference who is on the receiving end compared to who is on the end that is using the bible to hand out the abuse.
I do?

Please provide a link.

Location hidden

#464287 Jul 21, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
TROUBLE!.... From whom....you?
YOU ARE THE ONE THAT TRAVERSES.. PATHS... THAT ANGELS FEAR TO TREAD...
~~~~
Jud 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
Jud 1:15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and
of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.
Jud 1:16 These are murmurers,
complainers,
walking after their own lusts; and
their mouth speaketh great swelling words,
having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.
Jud 1:17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
Jud 1:18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
Jud 1:19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.
Does the following teach that Christ is God????

Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God

Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.

And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God?

#464288 Jul 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
CALLED BACK ..BY THE SPIRIT ..by Jesus looking for lost sheep.
Your message today seems to be that if a Saved person sins ..they have no hope..And now I'm confused
As yesterday we discussed repentance .

All sin is willful ..
~~~

NO... NOT ALL SIN IS WILLFUL ....

NOT IN THE OLD OR NEW TESTAMENT IS ALL SIN WILLFUL..

We were all born with the sin of Adam upon us. Adam's sin was beyond

our control...

but
when we come to the knowledge of the fact that we are sinners through Adam...

we accept the fact that Jesus atoned for that sin and are saved...

~~~

The Old Testament

speaks of sins through ignorance

Lev 4:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,

Lev 4:2 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying,

If a soul shall sin through ignorance against any of the commandments of the LORD concerning things which ought not to be done, and shall do against any of them:

and example of willful sin

would be blatantly disregarding the commandment of GOD and worshiping

idols...
Human Being

Iowa, LA

#464289 Jul 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying a Saved person who goes and sins ..Will NOT be CALKED back by his own conscience and the SPIRIT to repent.
That THEir sins were Not covered by the Cross ..they are lost forever??
RoSesz:

A person's conscience senses pain. That pain is guilt. It is the action of the will, which seeks a remedy for the guilt.

The conscience is a kind of "alert" system.

When one wears out or ignores the conscience due to sin, we say the heart is hardened.

The recourse a Christian(or anyone) has regarding the pain of a guilty conscience is that of repentance which includes contrition. If you recall, contrition can be perfect or imperfect (either out of love for God, or anything other than love of God).

When we think or believe that someone is beyond God's help, we approach being judgmental rather than being humility. You are right, Jesus' death and resurrection covers all sins. And God deals with each of us according to his judgment.

In the end, it is better for us to hastily and most sincerely repent. Those who do not, much unnecessary suffering awaits.

Columbus, OH

#464290 Jul 21, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I do?
Please provide a link.
I'm still waiting, June.

Location hidden

#464291 Jul 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>if you are so lacking in the knowledge of the definition of the word [ignorant], that is your problem, NOT MINE.LOL@U
Answer the question......Where in the following definition of "ignorant" do you see one word about "intelligence or lack of it"?????

ig·no·rant (gnr-nt)
adj.
1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

Columbus, OH

#464292 Jul 21, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I do?
Please provide a link.
June?

June!?!?!

No wonder Einstein disdained atheists.

#464293 Jul 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
KAY
what of these passages
Those given to Jesus will not be lost
The lost sheep He goes after
http://biblehub.com/john/6-37.htm
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
And the prodigal belonged to his father's house..
He was welcomed home as we discussed before
????
~~~

i WILL DISCUSS THE PRODIGAL SON..LATER

i AM OFF TO CHURCH FOR NOW...

G.I.F.

Location hidden

#464294 Jul 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an ignorant ASS!
You prefer to brutalize other humans by using man-created words that stated a god was offended by homosexuality, than to treat homosexuals as being worthy of your self-perceived HOLY time.
I would spit on your image of a kingdom of a god, as it's not worth the paper it was written on, much less being of value whatsoever to humanity.
Show your true colors....burn your bridges for eternity...when you do...remember...there is no turning back....

Mt 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

Mt 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Mr 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:

Lu 12:10 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#464295 Jul 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Sin to YOU is simply not being of the Catholic religion!
WOW!!!
You really must believe you ARE special to the Jewish father of Jesus ... the only god in existence ... according to your warped theology.
By the way ... how long have you been using a bible to spread more lies?
As I said June ..You do Not read..well it at all

I AM NOT CATHOLIC..I do not think it's,a Sin to be NON Catholic .

I BELUEVE CATHOKUCS,can be born again...But so can Any one .

They do Not have to follow ANY CHURCH. THERE IS NO CHURCH or priest between God and those who turn to Him ..

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#464296 Jul 21, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
NO... NOT ALL SIN IS WILLFUL ....
NOT IN THE OLD OR NEW TESTAMENT IS ALL SIN WILLFUL..
We were all born with the sin of Adam upon us. Adam's sin was beyond
our control...
but
when we come to the knowledge of the fact that we are sinners through Adam...
we accept the fact that Jesus atoned for that sin and are saved...
~~~
The Old Testament
speaks of sins through ignorance
Lev 4:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
Lev 4:2 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying,
If a soul shall sin through ignorance against any of the commandments of the LORD concerning things which ought not to be done, and shall do against any of them:
and example of willful sin
would be blatantly disregarding the commandment of GOD and worshiping
idols...
So saved people cannot sin willfully and go to heaven even if they repent that sin..???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Stilgar Fifrawi 751,112
GloBULL warming 5 min andet1987 3
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 5 min Johnny 3,698
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 9 min andet1987 5,508
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 9 min Seraphima 602,234
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 15 min Eagle 12 230,091
Have You Ever Taken Part In Public Nudity? (Dec '07) 24 min The Ghost Rider 794
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr RADEKT 261,707
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Feb '14) 8 hr Dubai Massage 055... 119

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE