Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687370 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#464131 Jul 20, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey RoSesz,
The Word teaches eternal security, i was wondering what group teaches it's ok to sin?
And I never heard of anyone teaching that Christians don't sin, is that another group?
the Bible has never taught that eternal security is a Christian Doctrine, and people like rogers et al have misused His Word to teach that.

Demas alone is proof that a person can walk away from God an lose his soul

Location hidden

#464132 Jul 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I honestly cannot say that..I WAS do not say we cannot sin
They say JESUS died for all sin ..whenever we commit it.
No one could be perfect even after salvation..
They cannot do it..it's impossible.
Salvation makes no one perfect ..in fact we be one targets fir the Evil one..And some saved persons are weak ..for reasons other than outside reasons..
But that blood is still there ..to wash us CLEAN.
I just have never heard that saved people do not sin ..
We are His..he is themSelves who will come for those THE FATHER has given Him.
My favorite part of the bible is
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
Nothing can separate US from God's love.
Charles Stanley says that our sins are forgiven even before we commit them, even if it is 40 years down the road.

that is teaching that tickles the ears of people like Marge

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#464133 Jul 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>there are those who profess that they can and do sin everyday and still are in the ark of safety.
and the Bible is clear that we shall not continue in sin, that Grace may abound.
As I said on my post ..You can stray ...if you 're truly saved ..He is going to pull at you to come back to Him

If your attitude is I will sin like crazy I am saved

If your conscience and the Spirit do not.make you feel awful o n your sins,

Are you even saved ..just a,question only the person and God can knows

Imo
marge

Leesburg, GA

#464134 Jul 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>catholics DONT believe in OSAS< Marge.
No I meant catholics buy indulgences therefore they are the group that thinks its ok to sin.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#464135 Jul 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the Bible has never taught that eternal security is a Christian Doctrine, and people like rogers et al have misused His Word to teach that.
True..And I guess it depends on what kind if soil the seed falls in.

What we do not know..is if the SPIRIT was calling to Demas,to return..was His conscience hurting him..

Did he ignore the Spirit.

Did He repent before he died ..
Only God knows

Location hidden

#464136 Jul 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok now,I'm confused again ..are you saying a Saved person abandons cannot be captured..no one would qualify..
We all sin ..even the saved...But we can repent ..of that sin.
Can we then be raptured??
Rose, It behooves ALL(ministers as well)to keep pour robes Spotless, but if we err and make a mistake, we have ONE that we can go to. however sometimes, people don't want to.

read about Demas, he worked with Paul, He was a slave to the Gospel, but yet he walked away.

now on this forum, people will attack me over these Words, but they are Biblical.

and I believe that Demas could have returned and all would have been forgiven him, God might not have trusted him with as much as he did before but he would have forgiven him , at the Least the God that I know and Have Served for over 30 years.

look at Samson, God gave him back his power and his strength, but He took Samson out of this world when he did.

Location hidden

#464137 Jul 20, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I be looking at you across the room where you sittin on the couch. I be eatin your meatloaf. delicious!!!!
Geesh, a guy will SAY anything just to get good cooking.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#464138 Jul 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Charles Stanley says that our sins are forgiven even before we commit them, even if it is 40 years down the road.
that is teaching that tickles the ears of people like Marge
Well they are paid for before we commit them.obviously..all sin is bought and paid for..he knew,all about our sins on the Cross

.But I have heard him preach we must repent sin ..And if course accept Jesus as Lord whose sAcrifice saved us
We must confess with our mouth He is,Lord..And that He died and rose

...But repentance is necessary.
For our sins to be forgiven .

And we confess to Him directly.

I posted his basic teaching on it above ..

Location hidden

#464139 Jul 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said on my post ..You can stray ...if you 're truly saved ..He is going to pull at you to come back to Him
If your attitude is I will sin like crazy I am saved
If your conscience and the Spirit do not.make you feel awful o n your sins,
Are you even saved ..just a,question only the person and God can knows
Imo
BUT(And I wouldn't be a minister if I didn't say this) a person can so grieve the Holy Spirit that he will stop trying to woo that person back to God. there are people that have left a testimony that God had quit dealing with them
marge

Leesburg, GA

#464140 Jul 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the Bible has never taught that eternal security is a Christian Doctrine, and people like rogers et al have misused His Word to teach that.
That's not what the words say to me, it says we can walk away but He will call us back.

You never fell from grace all these years you've been saved Preston?
Guest55

Cape Girardeau, MO

#464141 Jul 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
As a child I took responsibility for assessing that there was something wrong with my mother's Lutheran beliefs AND my fathers Rosicrucian "Order"-beliefs in reincarnation.
I was too young and inexperienced to assess that maybe they were both simply indoctrinated by divided theology written by men with no more sense than door knobs.
Now I believe I understand why people fought over religion and to this day still right-fight often to their own deaths.
Theologians started the wars, and because they earn (often HIGH wages) for amassing pounds of literature ... they keep writing and preaching nonsense that stems ONLY from their own imaginations.
I can guarantee they won't catch me in their webs of lies any more.
I have outgrown any need for their CON-flicting lies.
Well...June, you will like each born again that has experienced it to not know what the truth is until you are convicted by the Holy Spirit. You have apparently read and heard a lot but have yet been convicted in a saving way. The gospel has been commanded to be preached and has been although error has been used in most ever sermon to one degree or another. It is only by the grace of God that will reveal the truth to you.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#464142 Jul 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
True..And I guess it depends on what kind if soil the seed falls in.
What we do not know..is if the SPIRIT was calling to Demas,to return..was His conscience hurting him..
Did he ignore the Spirit.
Did He repent before he died ..
Only God knows
Didn't we just agree that YES God would bring say Demas back to repentance, didn't we just agree HE would never leave us?

Location hidden

#464143 Jul 20, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what the words say to me, it says we can walk away but He will call us back.
I have made mistakes, but I knew it and asked for forgiveness. but I cant ask for forgiveness for something that I might do 40 years or so in advance, and that Marge is where Stanley has transgressed the Word of God.

we ask for forgiveness for what we have done(past tense) and if we desire to think that in the years to come, we need to ask for forgiveness, then we are missing what God wishes for His Children, which is "be ye Holy, as I am Holy"
marge

Leesburg, GA

#464144 Jul 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Rose, It behooves ALL(ministers as well)to keep pour robes Spotless, but if we err and make a mistake, we have ONE that we can go to. however sometimes, people don't want to.
read about Demas, he worked with Paul, He was a slave to the Gospel, but yet he walked away.
now on this forum, people will attack me over these Words, but they are Biblical.
and I believe that Demas could have returned and all would have been forgiven him, God might not have trusted him with as much as he did before but he would have forgiven him , at the Least the God that I know and Have Served for over 30 years.
look at Samson, God gave him back his power and his strength, but He took Samson out of this world when he did.
If Demas was indeed a son of God then God would have called Demas again out of this world, that's how the Bible reads to me, never sat under a real teacher of the word except The Teacher.

Location hidden

#464145 Jul 20, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
show me in the Bible where Demas ever came back. you cant because it is not in there.

But I would hope that maybe he did, I don't wish for one person to die lost.

Location hidden

#464146 Jul 20, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't we just agree that YES God would bring say Demas back to repentance, didn't we just agree HE would never leave us?
I have said this time and time again.

God never left Demas,

demas left God.

and even for the dummy that you think that I am, that is very simple for me to understand since that is what the Bible teaches and SAYS.

Location hidden

#464147 Jul 20, 2013
2 Tim 4:10For Demas hath forsaken me,{having loved this present world}(NOTICE THESE WORDS), and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia.

James 4:4
Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the [friendship of the world is enmity with God](SEE THIS)? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

You can not serve Mammon and God. you have to choose.

a sinful life or a Holy life.

the choice is ours and that is how God has chosen it to be. He doesnt want a person that is so afraid of Him that we follow Him, NO, He wants and wishes us to love Him and choose to follow Him because we do Love Him.
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#464148 Jul 20, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="marge"
Do you know who teaches that?
or are we talking about the catholics again?
I think the CC is against OSAS. I'm not sure who teaches it.
I have no doubt that I am secure in Christ...as long as "I" abide in Him.
KayMarie
No, KM' you are secure as long as He abides in you.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#464149 Jul 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>BUT(And I wouldn't be a minister if I didn't say this) a person can so grieve the Holy Spirit that he will stop trying to woo that person back to God. there are people that have left a testimony that God had quit dealing with them
Yes,I think you are right..

That's,kind of the message I got from that wonderful pastor.That if God was done with me I would not even be there. Seeking TRUTH.

Long story not of much interest ..But I believe God sent me to this,Church to receive truth ad comfort that I had not felt felt in the Church I had been studying at ..who knew. That after being raised a CATHOLic..I would wind up being baptized in a BAPTIST CHURCH ..in my fifties !!!our congregation was,so small we met in the meeting hall

Rented out the Church proper. And provided space for a,small Haitian congregation.

After the renters,left for their own church we had to join with a church that was,previously a Home CHURCH in order to fix the Church up and survive...SO MUCH FIR RICH CHURCHES..
BUT these people were so welcoming and God filled..And the pastor a true saint..They a 'll were.

And I dont think you can feel sorrow,misery over sin..if you are so hardened..as you mentioned..And it is a truly sad person who can resist the Spirit. IMO..

And what you said about STANLEY...I think even saved people could possibly go astray even for forty years ...But could be repentant before life's end...if their hearts are not so hardened.

We have no way of knowing what God in His mercy will do .

And I believe that Nothing ..Not even the Evil one can separate US from God's love...

Just told all this because I think God can reach ANY heart

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#464150 Jul 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I looked on my tv guide which is for two weeks ahead .
Nothing under that name.
There is a Bishop Herman L Murray..Jr
As I said I don't watch many on tv ..
Dr Stanley
a few others occasionally.
Thanks anyway :)
Well here ya go. This may help.

www.shepherdschapel.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 8 min dotard tracker 31,342
MY hot aunt 21 min Mr M 3
Little Jojo 24 min Johnny 2
the REAL reasons O.J. Simpson beat murder charges 29 min Johnny 30
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Robert F 987,386
Why Won't The Government Help Against Select Po... (Aug '12) 1 hr Cheated 269
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Tony 6,490
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Prophet Meowmed 286,596
More from around the web