Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,379)

Showing posts 447,561 - 447,580 of529,852
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
For me, Orthodoxy is difficult to understand. I get the Mass and Sacraments of course. But I don't understand the setup of the Churches. The Ukrainian Orthodox, Russian Orthodox, Greek Orthodox....I don't understand the political side of it I guess. But I've always had respect for the beauty of the Mass. And Sera mentioned last week that Confession in the Orthodox Church is done with the Priest and the person facing the alter together. I think that's awesome. I'm willing to understand as much as possible. I personally could never leave my faith, but that doesn't mean I'm curious about others.
Clay this is the kind of discussion I thought I would have in Topix I love the Stations of the Cross, the Rosary, the Ashes, the Foot Washing, many many things from the Catholic Church., When other Catholics here present false info re the Orthodox Church,I dont understand the purpose.If you know Christianity and Churches you know that every single one has a "soft underbelly" a weakness.Including Orthodoxy.I know my Church's weaknesses and they have not been found here. LOL But when the Ortho Church is mischaracterized and I try to correct it but it continues I then will go after the weaknesses know in the Cath Church.I ceratinly am not as knowledgeable as you re the Catholic Church but did study independent study as an adult for a year with a Franciscan Nun who I love.I was going to be confirmed but when the sister checked she found that as an Orthodox I am already confirmed so just attend.I attended Cath Church for a couple years. And read.And Orthodoxy is a passion so I love studying it. I memorized and said the Mass silently as took radiation treatnments cause I am claustrophobic and a mask held me down to the table.The Mass (Christ) got me through.Anyway understand your confusion re the Greeks, Ukrainians, etc. Naturally it looks nuts LOL But Christ be with You

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
no, that was Satan. God has no hand in the Roman Church.
Revelation 13:2 "...and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority."
Notice the statue of Jupiter now called "St Peter" in the Vatican? Who is Jupiter and where did he come from?
Notice the sun wheel in the court? the obelisk?
Notice the sun symbols all over the pope?
www.youtube.com/watch...
Notice the carved, gold relics found in Mayan tombs of pre-700 CE, that are shaped like airplanes, and when scaled up, actually fly.

Begin 7:36....
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

I like this game, especially when it involves facts.

I wonder what will be next that changes what we thought was history!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Clay uit was the Catholic ass that memorized and said during my radiation treatments not the Ortho Divine iturgy. Just to clarify my last post.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Catholic Mass my my my

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Children are unaccountable for sin until they are of age to know better. Jesus was 30 before being baptized. But around 15 is the age to be baptized today outside the RC.
Gotta "rope them in" during those formidable years.

*sighs*

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Catlicks: Why is this guy worried about drinking wine at Mass???!!!!

Police Forums & Law Enforcement Forums @ Officer.com > Public Forums > Ask a Cop > Communion then driving?
PDA

Communion then driving?

PirateScoobs
12-13-2010, 06:43 PM
This may sound stupid, but I would like to know. On Sunday's I partake in communion at my church, and as you know you drink alcoholic wine. I drive myself to and from church. I am also underage(17). If I were to be pulled over and the officer smelt alcohol on my breath and I was to take a breathalyzer would anything come up since it is such a minute amount of wine? Legally, what could happen? DUI? Minor consumption?
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Are sinners infallible? Be careful what you say, Anthony is paying attention.
I'm paying attention....*brightly smiles*....
I assure you as the sky is blue, Anthony and I will have the same understanding of Papal infallibility. Do you comprehend?*brightly smiles*
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Aunt refused to answer my question regards the following because he can see the truth it will reveal...how about it...will you also turn tail and run???
Drinking and Praying: Proposal Could Tip Irish Priests Over Legal Limit
Both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland want to lower the legal blood alcohol level for drivers. Priests are afraid it might affect their ability to motor around after Mass.
Bad Blood: Priests in Ireland are concerned that lowering the legal drinking level for drivers might leave them stranded after Mass.
The job description for a Catholic priest doesn't include a lot of perks -- perhaps one reason that their numbers are shrinking rapidly across the Western world. In Ireland, though, the gig might be further complicated by a new proposal to lower the legal blood alcohol limit for drivers. Priests there are speaking out against the proposal because it could render them legally drunk after performing Mass.
Clay why is it that you are drinking the blood of Christ....and the priests in Ireland are not....rather they are drinking wine that could get them arrested for DUI???!!!!!
I think the home should limit your computer time. Maybe you could let one of the other residents get online.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
That seed of Satan nonsense..He was NOT the tree..Cain was Adams son
So says the BIBLICALLY ILLITERATE.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
No - men of this world elect a Pope.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_conclave
And boy, can they be brutal and get excited when that top hierarchy get together...DAMN!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_of_Ephes...
"These things pollute our ears... Cyril is immortal.... Let Ibas be burnt in the midst of the city of Antioch.... Exile is of no use. Nestorius and Ibas should be burnt together!"
...and you know what, these so-called "Christians" are still arguing on what is the correct belief men are to have. Talk about the pursuit to control people.....sheez.
Ya!
An these same varmints are the turkeys that chose the "books" in the bible...
EEEEEEW!

DAT AIN'T GOOD HOMEY!

Homey don't play dat shit!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Hello Catlicks.....Are you really sure you are drinking blood at mass??? These guys certainly are not....any idea why the difference????

Chaplain Keppy
12-15-2010, 09:33 AM
Actually, if we want to talk about issues relating to driving after having communion wine, the issue isn't with worshippers who have only a sip, or even less than that if they dip the host into the cup.

The issue relates to the priest.

In some churches, we use real wine-- and communion wine is a fortified wine (it has a higher-than-usual alcohol content). That is meant to protect people because we use a common cup.

After all the worshippers have received communion, the priest consumes whatever wine is left in the chalice. You may be able to estimate what you need pretty well on a typical Sunday, but there are sometimes when you can be WAY off, and left with a lot of wine-- for example, if you are doing a wedding or funeral, and have no way to guess how many of those present will want to receive communion. The wine can and is reserved for use at hospitals/sick beds, if it hasn't been poured into a chalice yet, but once it has gone into the chalice it would be difficult to pour it back into a cruet without spilling.

At my church, I don't have to drink it all myself-- I get the chalice-bearers and assisting clergy to help. But I have had services where I was pretty much on my own, or had a chalice-bearer who for some reason was not able to help. If you have to down half a chalice of fortified wine, you DO want to stick around for Coffee Hour before getting behind your wheel.

PS to Stormz-- If you think the communion wine tastes like slop, try putting away a whole chalice of it!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Clay this is the kind of discussion I thought I would have in Topix I love the Stations of the Cross, the Rosary, the Ashes, the Foot Washing, many many things from the Catholic Church., When other Catholics here present false info re the Orthodox Church,I dont understand the purpose.If you know Christianity and Churches you know that every single one has a "soft underbelly" a weakness.Including Orthodoxy.I know my Church's weaknesses and they have not been found here. LOL But when the Ortho Church is mischaracterized and I try to correct it but it continues I then will go after the weaknesses know in the Cath Church.I ceratinly am not as knowledgeable as you re the Catholic Church but did study independent study as an adult for a year with a Franciscan Nun who I love.I was going to be confirmed but when the sister checked she found that as an Orthodox I am already confirmed so just attend.I attended Cath Church for a couple years. And read.And Orthodoxy is a passion so I love studying it. I memorized and said the Mass silently as took radiation treatnments cause I am claustrophobic and a mask held me down to the table.The Mass (Christ) got me through.Anyway understand your confusion re the Greeks, Ukrainians, etc. Naturally it looks nuts LOL But Christ be with You
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =S6jKx0lajZ0
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Catholic Mass my my my
Lol!! I figured you meant that.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

<quoted text>
You will have to provide amicable proof that you are suited to teach on the first chapters of Genesis, before I will believe that you are capable of doing this task.
Whatcha got?
Please post the source which gave you the correct interpretation of these texts.
Uhh. There is no greater source that I can provide than the scriptures. In our congregation we let the scriptures interpret the scriptures as opposed to trying to add out own interpretation to the scriptures as most misled people tend to do. They then tend to end up totally mis-interpreting the scriptures and end up coming up with erroneous interpretations such as that non-sense like Adam and Eve ate the wrong produce so God got angry and drove them out of the garden.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

<quoted text>Clay this is the kind of discussion I thought I would have in Topix I love the Stations of the Cross, the Rosary, the Ashes, the Foot Washing, many many things from the Catholic Church., When other Catholics here present false info re the Orthodox Church,I dont understand the purpose.If you know Christianity and Churches you know that every single one has a "soft underbelly" a weakness.Including Orthodoxy.I know my Church's weaknesses and they have not been found here. LOL But when the Ortho Church is mischaracterized and I try to correct it but it continues I then will go after the weaknesses know in the Cath Church.I ceratinly am not as knowledgeable as you re the Catholic Church but did study independent study as an adult for a year with a Franciscan Nun who I love.I was going to be confirmed but when the sister checked she found that as an Orthodox I am already confirmed so just attend.I attended Cath Church for a couple years. And read.And Orthodoxy is a passion so I love studying it. I memorized and said the Mass silently as took radiation treatnments cause I am claustrophobic and a mask held me down to the table.The Mass (Christ) got me through.Anyway understand your confusion re the Greeks, Ukrainians, etc. Naturally it looks nuts LOL But Christ be with You
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Nsft01S4Lwc

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

<quoted text>
Notice the carved, gold relics found in Mayan tombs of pre-700 CE, that are shaped like airplanes, and when scaled up, actually fly.
Begin 7:36....
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I like this game, especially when it involves facts.
I wonder what will be next that changes what we thought was history!!
Speaking of oddities...why did Lord Pacal have 144,000 on his forehead, when he was a "Pagan", and knew nothing about the "christian" beliefs?
Perhaps he was aware of a far earlier teaching...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Catholic Mass my my my
LOL!

Same difference!

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Are sinners infallible? Be careful what you say, Anthony is paying attention.
I'm paying attention....*brightly smiles*....
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I assure you as the sky is blue, Anthony and I will have the same understanding of Papal infallibility. Do you comprehend?*brightly smiles*
As you can see, your response did not answer my question.

I'll try again. Are you really going to be like the others?

Are sinners infallible? We won't go back to the original post by you - paraphrasing of course - "even though some popes were sinners....."....etc, etc, etc.

So I asked you, "are sinners infallible?" in reference to the issuance of Pope infallibility, but now, including the "sinner" label attached to many of them.

Since you agree with Anthony on believing in your mind that the Pope is infallible, and a sinner can be infallible.

Gotcha, I've made a note of this, just in case I decide to revert to your religion.

Remember - honesty Clay. Very simple, right?

*rolls eyes*

"C'mon People!! Is this all I have to work with??"

"Calgon!! TAKE ME AWAAY!!"

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Uhh. There is no greater source that I can provide than the scriptures. In our congregation we let the scriptures interpret the scriptures as opposed to trying to add out own interpretation to the scriptures as most misled people tend to do. They then tend to end up totally mis-interpreting the scriptures and end up coming up with erroneous interpretations such as that non-sense like Adam and Eve ate the wrong produce so God got angry and drove them out of the garden.
You know scriptures.....good.

Please tell me:
- since St Thomas is considered inspired, and I understand that "God" only inspired a few select people and Thomas was one of them -- where is it written, by "God", that states that Thomas' gospel is not inspired?

Thanks!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Where's that old coot called OldJG that used to be wasting time trying to elucidate on the scriptures. Haven't heard from him in some time.

I don' tend to really read most of these posts so if he happened to post in my abscence, then I may have missed what he posted because as I stated I don't really read most of these posts.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 447,561 - 447,580 of529,852
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

625 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 2 min RFD 1,403
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 min waaasssuuup 223,137
loan shark needed 3 min Josh 5
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 min HipGnozizzz 171,436
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min piknar 716,319
private money lender in glasgow/south lanarkshi... (Feb '13) 16 min Josh 64
Sarah Palin: 'It's Time to Impeach' 32 min Xavier Breath 7
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Charlie Sheen 255,652
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 2 hr Liz 61