Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
447,541 - 447,560 of 538,795 Comments Last updated 21 min ago
Clay

United States

#463809 Jul 19, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Clay honestly there is sin in every Church.I dont care about the Pope. If Catholics believe that the Pope is truly Biblical I dont have a problem with that. ts just not my belief. Since coming to Topix I have seen the Catholics post a Catholic version of Orthodoxy they get from Catholic sites. I have seen them ignore the Truth when presented. I have seen them turn mean and nasty and try to hurt people. So have no use for the Catholics here. And they still continue throwing in a side comment here and there about Orthodoxy. As long as they do this there is not one here that I respect or trust.And if I take them as representative of the Catholic Church, then the Catholic Church is my enemy because these Catholics are the enemy of the Orthodox Church here. The catholic church does not want me as an enemy.
For me, Orthodoxy is difficult to understand. I get the Mass and Sacraments of course. But I don't understand the setup of the Churches. The Ukrainian Orthodox, Russian Orthodox, Greek Orthodox....I don't understand the political side of it I guess. But I've always had respect for the beauty of the Mass. And Sera mentioned last week that Confession in the Orthodox Church is done with the Priest and the person facing the alter together. I think that's awesome. I'm willing to understand as much as possible. I personally could never leave my faith, but that doesn't mean I'm curious about others.

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint James, Canada

#463810 Jul 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Guilt is probably the heaviest load that a human being can feel.
If children were taught that they were born "good" instead of "sinners" they wouldn't have guilt for simply being human.

The warped religion is the cause of the guilt.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#463811 Jul 19, 2013
This is a lie:

Adam’s sin is transmitted to his posterity, not by imitation, but by descent.

Here is what God said:
And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life: And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;
In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

God said not one word about Adam's posterity...not one.

Fort Saint James, Canada

#463812 Jul 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Why aren't you putting these people to death as your god commands and expects of your behavior?

Did he call you to service a different note on your trumpet???

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed.(Leviticus 20:9)

If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die.(Leviticus 20:10).

If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death.(Leviticus 20:11)

If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death.(Leviticus 20:14)

If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed.(Leviticus 20:15-16).

If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)

Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death.(Leviticus 20:27)

If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake.(Leviticus 21:9)

People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)

Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community.(Leviticus 24:14-16)
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#463813 Jul 19, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
No they are not but they do nit claim as far as I KNIW to be chosen by the HOLY SPIRIT to be a,direct successor to ST PETER.
THEY are not POPES,claiming to be the head of the TRUE CHURCH.
HOWEVER..I will say I was surprised to read
That the PURPOSE of VATICAN 2. Was,to REJECT THE IDEA,THAT CHRISTS,CHURCH rested SOLEY with the CATHOLIC CHURCH
after reading on this forum ..to read that totally floored me
It's in the second section here
http://vatican2voice.org/6unity/restore_unity...
Lets be honest. Every protestant here has stated the Holy Spirit is guiding them to all truth when they read the bible. They don't give a hoot if they're the successor of St. Peter (especially since they think he wasn't even a very good disciple), they've got what he had and even more. In fact, they claim even MORE authority to infallibly interpret God's will than those Borgia popes you so love to bring up. So don't act like you're impressed by the claim of St. Peter's successor, many of your cohorts think they're the reincarnation of St. Paul. Lol.
Clay

United States

#463814 Jul 19, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>That's what you said clay...God lets them in...that's blameing HIM.
No Sera. I do not blame God, I blame us. Its not His fault, look at what he's got to work with?

God allows evil, right? Its not his fault. He gave us free will and we often use it for sin.
That's not blaming God.
God could have installed every Pope like John Paul 2... But I suppose there weren't any around to fill those shoes. Sometimes God looked down the street to find the Saint- like Francis of Assisi.

I think we've had some remarkable Popes overall. Really really noble men. Especially in the last century and now with the current one.

Fort Saint James, Canada

#463815 Jul 19, 2013
If I stop sinning, that isn't enough for Jesus. He needs MORE. He's very needy. He wants me to follow ONLY him.

If I am kind, I will still go to hell, because Jesus NEEDS me to believe in him ... period!

I think NOT!!!

Stupid theology.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#463816 Jul 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why aren't you putting these people to death as your god commands and expects of your behavior?
Did he call you to service a different note on your trumpet???
:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed.(Leviticus 20:9)
If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die.(Leviticus 20:10).
If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death.(Leviticus 20:11)
If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death.(Leviticus 20:14)
If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed.(Leviticus 20:15-16).
If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)
Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death.(Leviticus 20:27)
If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake.(Leviticus 21:9)
People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)
Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community.(Leviticus 24:14-16)
They ain't got enough "weed" fer Leviticus 20:27!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#463817 Jul 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.catholic.com/magazine/articles/why... ’t-convert-to-eastern-orthodox y
I danced this dance with you before, taking the time to provide accurate info in depth to no avail. Im not dancing with you any more. Believe your Catholic site. I dont care what you believe.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#463818 Jul 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
For me, Orthodoxy is difficult to understand. I get the Mass and Sacraments of course. But I don't understand the setup of the Churches. The Ukrainian Orthodox, Russian Orthodox, Greek Orthodox....I don't understand the political side of it I guess. But I've always had respect for the beauty of the Mass. And Sera mentioned last week that Confession in the Orthodox Church is done with the Priest and the person facing the alter together. I think that's awesome. I'm willing to understand as much as possible. I personally could never leave my faith, but that doesn't mean I'm curious about others.
Peace be with you..
Orville

Vancouver, WA

#463819 Jul 19, 2013
Greetings to all, and greetings in the name above all names. "YHSHWH-Jesus, I am out of the hospital after 7 months. The Blood of the Lamb pulling me back again.

Am I COVERED by GOD’S COVENANTS?

Are you CREATED by GOD?

Are you related to ADAM?

Are you related to NOAH?

Are you COVERED by the BLOOD of the SEED of ABRAHAM
therefore of the SEED of ABRAHAM?

Do you SUBMIT to GOD’S Ten COMMANDS GIVEN to MOSES?

Are you COVERED by the BLOOD of the SON of DAVID?

Do you SUBMIT to GOD’S New COVENANT COVERING you
with YHSHWH’S/JESUS’ SACRIFICED BLOOD
MAKING you HIS New CREATION and INDWELLING
you with HIS HOLY LIVING LAW/HOLY SPIRIT?

In SUBMISSION to GOD YHSHWH’S/JESUS’ WORK
for our REDEMPTION, we are COVERED by the BLOOD
of the SEED of ABRAHAM (the TRUE BLOOD of ISRAEL),
INHERITING HIS HERITAGE (SON of ABRAHAM and DAVID)
therefore, BEING COVERED by ALL of HIS COVENANTS.

=-=-=-=-=-

The SEVEN COVENANTS are:

1. The EDENIC COVENANT
(COVERING everyone who is CREATED by GOD YHSHWH/JESUS)

2. The ADAMIC COVENANT
(COVERING everyone who is related to Adam)

3. The NOAHIC COVENANT
(COVERING everyone who is related to Noah)

4. The ABRAHAMIC COVENANT
(COVERING everyone who is COVERED by the SACRIFICE BLOOD
of the SEED of ABRAHAM, the TRUE BLOOD of ISRAEL,
our SAVIOUR, YHSHWH/JESUS)

5. The MOSAIC COVENANT
(COVERING everyone who SUBMITS to HIS COMMANDMENTS)

6. The DAVIDIC COVENANT
(COVERING everyone who is SUBMITTED to the BLOOD
of the SON of DAVID)

7. The New COVENANT
of the SEED of ABRAHAM, the BLOOD of the SEED of the woman,
the TRUE BLOOD of ISRAEL, our SAVIOUR, YHSHWH/JESUS,
WHO, as a human, was a SON of DAVID)

What GOD SAYS IS LAW.
WHAT GOD PROMISES IS FOREVER.
HE HAS COMPLETED/FINISHED our REDEMPTION.

http://www.thebodyofmessiah.com/authors/godsc...

To my brothers and Sister's, I hope your well and seeking GOD-YHSHWH.

Orville

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#463820 Jul 19, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I wish Maury Povich had some kind of DNA Truth test for Dust Storm.
the luck might be better on The Steve Wilkos Show.

*hold a HOME ALONE face pose*

;o)

Albuquerque, NM

#463821 Jul 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
All 266 Popes since Saint Peter were sinners. Its not God's fault that the only people available are sinners. Christ ensures the truth will be protected.
No matter how they came to be Popes has no bearing on the validity of the Papacy.(although it should make everyone sick that the chair was sold or stolen at one point) Still, God protected it. Truth had to prevail!
Its also interesting that some of the greatest Saints in the history of Christianity were alive and proclaiming the gospel while these Popes sinning.(see Saint Francis of Assisi)
Are sinners infallible? Be careful what you say, Anthony is paying attention.

I'm paying attention....*brightly smiles*....

Location hidden

#463822 Jul 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll tell you once again and hopefully it'll sink in this time:
I know of no Catholic that believes in the power of the Eucharist because they read about it or some Priest told them about it...
We partake in it. We go to the front of the Church and receive it. We eat it and it dwells in us.
Christ installed this brilliant gift so that we would know truth.
The two men on the road to Emmaus didn't recognize Jesus nor the scriptures until Christ gave them the Eucharist.
Luke 24: 13-32
Aunt refused to answer my question regards the following because he can see the truth it will reveal...how about it...will you also turn tail and run???

Drinking and Praying: Proposal Could Tip Irish Priests Over Legal Limit

Both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland want to lower the legal blood alcohol level for drivers. Priests are afraid it might affect their ability to motor around after Mass.

Bad Blood: Priests in Ireland are concerned that lowering the legal drinking level for drivers might leave them stranded after Mass.

The job description for a Catholic priest doesn't include a lot of perks -- perhaps one reason that their numbers are shrinking rapidly across the Western world. In Ireland, though, the gig might be further complicated by a new proposal to lower the legal blood alcohol limit for drivers. Priests there are speaking out against the proposal because it could render them legally drunk after performing Mass.

Clay why is it that you are drinking the blood of Christ....and the priests in Ireland are not....rather they are drinking wine that could get them arrested for DUI???!!!!!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#463823 Jul 19, 2013
Orville wrote:
Greetings to all, and greetings in the name above all names. "YHSHWH-Jesus, I am out of the hospital after 7 months. The Blood of the Lamb pulling me back again.
Am I COVERED by GOD’S COVENANTS?
Are you CREATED by GOD?
Are you related to ADAM?
Are you related to NOAH?
Are you COVERED by the BLOOD of the SEED of ABRAHAM
therefore of the SEED of ABRAHAM?
Do you SUBMIT to GOD’S Ten COMMANDS GIVEN to MOSES?
Are you COVERED by the BLOOD of the SON of DAVID?
Do you SUBMIT to GOD’S New COVENANT COVERING you
with YHSHWH’S/JESUS’ SACRIFICED BLOOD
MAKING you HIS New CREATION and INDWELLING
you with HIS HOLY LIVING LAW/HOLY SPIRIT?
In SUBMISSION to GOD YHSHWH’S/JESUS’ WORK
for our REDEMPTION, we are COVERED by the BLOOD
of the SEED of ABRAHAM (the TRUE BLOOD of ISRAEL),
INHERITING HIS HERITAGE (SON of ABRAHAM and DAVID)
therefore, BEING COVERED by ALL of HIS COVENANTS.
=-=-=-=-=-
The SEVEN COVENANTS are:
1. The EDENIC COVENANT
(COVERING everyone who is CREATED by GOD YHSHWH/JESUS)
2. The ADAMIC COVENANT
(COVERING everyone who is related to Adam)
3. The NOAHIC COVENANT
(COVERING everyone who is related to Noah)
4. The ABRAHAMIC COVENANT
of the SEED of ABRAHAM, the TRUE BLOOD of ISRAEL,
our SAVIOUR, YHSHWH/JESUS)
5. The MOSAIC COVENANT
(COVERING everyone who SUBMITS to HIS COMMANDMENTS)
6. The DAVIDIC COVENANT
(COVERING everyone who is SUBMITTED to the BLOOD
of the SON of DAVID)
7. The New COVENANT
of the SEED of ABRAHAM, the BLOOD of the SEED of the woman,
the TRUE BLOOD of ISRAEL, our SAVIOUR, YHSHWH/JESUS,
WHO, as a human, was a SON of DAVID)
What GOD SAYS IS LAW.
WHAT GOD PROMISES IS FOREVER.
HE HAS COMPLETED/FINISHED our REDEMPTION.
http://www.thebodyofmessiah.com/authors/godsc...
To my brothers and Sister's, I hope your well and seeking GOD-YHSHWH.
Orville
Nice to hear from you! God Bless you!!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#463824 Jul 19, 2013
who="June VanDerMark"
If children were taught that they were born "good" instead of "sinners" they wouldn't have guilt for simply being human.
The warped religion is the cause of the guilt.

Today's parenting proves that you are wrong. Children are taught that they are 'the best', worthy of everything. They are not rewarded for accomplishments; they have no reason to improve themselves. Parents fear getting caught, even losing their children if they attempt to correct them.

The results are showing very publicly. 700 dead teens in Chicago in recent months is proof enough that today's youth do not feel much need of self-improvement.

KayMarie

Albuquerque, NM

#463825 Jul 19, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I thought the Holy Spirit chose the Pope?
No - men of this world elect a Pope.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_conclave

And boy, can they be brutal and get excited when that top hierarchy get together...DAMN!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_of_Ephes...

"These things pollute our ears... Cyril is immortal.... Let Ibas be burnt in the midst of the city of Antioch.... Exile is of no use. Nestorius and Ibas should be burnt together!"

...and you know what, these so-called "Christians" are still arguing on what is the correct belief men are to have. Talk about the pursuit to control people.....sheez.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#463826 Jul 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Christians say that Allah is a false god ... but the word Allah simply "means" god in a different language than English.
They all preach there is only one god, and they all believe they have complete ownership OF the one and only god.
Humans are idiots with no hope of improvement.
Yes and you are a sad proof of that.
Yes allah means god so what. There are 1000's pagan gods.
I'll explain to you what is the mayor flaw with the Muslim religion. Get that peanut in your head ready!
The muslem religion has been trying to establish the califate for centuries. This is a kingdom ruled by sharia law without a king.
On the other hand Christianity has not tried any of that. But Christianity claims the earth will be ruled by a King and Biblical law will be established.
Got it dum dum?
I see no one has stuck a potato in your mouth yet. Maybe you need the whole sack!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#463827 Jul 19, 2013
who="June VanDerMark" If I stop sinning, that isn't enough for Jesus. He needs MORE. He's very needy. He wants me to follow ONLY him.
If I am kind, I will still go to hell, because Jesus NEEDS me to believe in him ... period!
I think NOT!!!
Stupid theology.

Stupid thinking...

KM

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#463828 Jul 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay this is the kind of discussion I thought I would have in Topix I love the Stations of the Cross, the Rosary, the Ashes, the Foot Washing, many many things from the Catholic Church., When other Catholics here present false info re the Orthodox Church,I dont understand the purpose.If you know Christianity and Churches you know that every single one has a "soft underbelly" a weakness.Including Orthodoxy.I know my Church's weaknesses and they have not been found here. LOL But when the Ortho Church is mischaracterized and I try to correct it but it continues I then will go after the weaknesses know in the Cath Church.I ceratinly am not as knowledgeable as you re the Catholic Church but did study independent study as an adult for a year with a Franciscan Nun who I love.I was going to be confirmed but when the sister checked she found that as an Orthodox I am already confirmed so just attend.I attended Cath Church for a couple years. And read.And Orthodoxy is a passion so I love studying it. I memorized and said the Mass silently as took radiation treatnments cause I am claustrophobic and a mask held me down to the table.The Mass (Christ) got me through.Anyway understand your confusion re the Greeks, Ukrainians, etc. Naturally it looks nuts LOL But Christ be with You

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min It aint necessari... 732,762
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 13 min JUDEletePete 117,955
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 14 min Tuco Blondie 226,266
Unborn Baby Up For Adoption (Jan '13) 14 min saa 89
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 24 min Epiphany2 599,838
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 42 min AussieBobby 257,859
Obama FINALLY Talks About The Beheading 50 min Sarah 1
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr KiMare 94,646
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••