Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
447,521 - 447,540 of 532,503 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, God evidently allowed a bad Pope. Probably to wake the righteous up, because a greater good will always come out of bad. Lessons were learned.
But lets keep it real. Out of 266, there was only a few bad ones. And we almost exclusively rely on age old Protestant sources to get our info on their lives. An unbiased look into the Popes who are now labeled bad, will reveal that they did much good too, but their sins were blown up by the enemies of the Church and plastered around the world for all to ridicule.
Clay I am gonna be honest with ya.I read your first statement then stopped...You blame God for the mistakes of the popes?? Excuses excuses....so the good out ways the bad....lets just sweep it under the carpet....right?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

JUST WENT BACK AND FINISHED READING YOUR ...JUST BEING HONEST HERE...sorry for the caps...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Many of the apostles were fishermen. They used nets.They were fishers of men for Christ. But the Catholics here use hooks and most of their sole purpose is to bait people to anger. They are very disappointed when they dont succeed.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>God struck down a man who was carrying the Ark of the Covenant for just touching it. f there was a holy " Chair of Peter" why would the Father let some of the horrible popes even near it as the "Vicar of Christ"
That was the Ark of the Covenant. I don't think we Catholics view the chair of Saint Peter like we would the Ark.
Like I stated earlier, we unfortunately rely on Protestant propaganda to shape our impression of these so-called bad popes.
Indeed, one of you guys are probably working feverishly right now to come up with a link detailing their lives. The link will undoubtedly come from a fanatical website.

I only find one or two that were downright corrupt. That's like 1%.. And only God knows what really happened in their minds. Thankfully by the guidance of God, these men did nothing to infiltrate sacred scripture or sacred tradition nor Dogma and doctrine.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Are the successors of St. Andrew sinless men chosen by the Holy Spirit?
Mat 13:55 Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?

Mat 13:56 And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things?

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC ATTEMPTED TO DESTROY (THE DESCENDANTS)

SUCCESSORS OF THE BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF JESUS IN THE CRUSADES

THE SUCCESSORS OF JAMES ..THE BROTHER OF JESUS..

THE SUCCESSORS OF JOSES ..THE BROTHER OF JESUS..

THE SUCCESSORS OF JUDAS ..THE BROTHER OF JESUS...

THE DESCENDANTS OF JESUS' SISTERS...

AND TO COVER THEIR CRIME COMMITTED IN THE CRUSADES...

TO DESTROY THE SEED ROYAL OF JOSEPH...

THEY REFUSE TO ADMIT THAT

MARY AND JOSEPH'S FAMILY OF SEVEN CHILDREN EVER EXISTED.

THIS IS TO CONCEAL THE USURPATION OF THE DYNASTY OF DAVID...

THE DYNASTY OF WHICH JESUS WAS HEIR APPARENT

TO THE THRONE OF DAVID IN JERUSALEM...

WHEN JESUS WAS BORN IN BETHLEHEM OF JUDE AH.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Clay I am gonna be honest with ya.I read your first statement then stopped...You blame God for the mistakes of the popes?? Excuses excuses....so the good out ways the bad....lets just sweep it under the carpet....right?
What??? I blame God? What??!!!??

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Rose,I hope my posts here have helped you to recognize you should not take as the Truth anything they say about Orthodoxy.I dont have the time or the health to continue to correct the ongoing wave of untruths.
Nick! How many times have I told you to stay way from the monkey cage when your at the zoo!!Now go home and wash your hands.Its dinner time!
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>I think maybe you could learn something from torturous history of Russia with the slaughters communism etc The "brave" Catholics here are only brave in Topix. They would change into any religion if threatened with death and torture. The reason I know that is that they dont even have the moral courage to face the Truth when it is presented here.
Are you saying the Russian Orthodox assimilated into the Soviet Orthodox and back to the Russian Orthodox out of fear?
Hey, I acknowledge the brutal oppression the Soviets and Lenin unleashed on the Orthodox Church. But remember, those were largely Orthodox that made up the Communist party, am I right?
Btw, I'm no expert on this history. So don't get mad. I did read a few things about the history of the Russian Orthodox though.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
That was the Ark of the Covenant. I don't think we Catholics view the chair of Saint Peter like we would the Ark.
Like I stated earlier, we unfortunately rely on Protestant propaganda to shape our impression of these so-called bad popes.
Indeed, one of you guys are probably working feverishly right now to come up with a link detailing their lives. The link will undoubtedly come from a fanatical website.
I only find one or two that were downright corrupt. That's like 1%.. And only God knows what really happened in their minds. Thankfully by the guidance of God, these men did nothing to infiltrate sacred scripture or sacred tradition nor Dogma and doctrine.
Clay honestly there is sin in every Church.I dont care about the Pope. If Catholics believe that the Pope is truly Biblical I dont have a problem with that. ts just not my belief. Since coming to Topix I have seen the Catholics post a Catholic version of Orthodoxy they get from Catholic sites. I have seen them ignore the Truth when presented. I have seen them turn mean and nasty and try to hurt people. So have no use for the Catholics here. And they still continue throwing in a side comment here and there about Orthodoxy. As long as they do this there is not one here that I respect or trust.And if I take them as representative of the Catholic Church, then the Catholic Church is my enemy because these Catholics are the enemy of the Orthodox Church here. The catholic church does not want me as an enemy.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

[QUOTE who="confrinting with the wordTHE ROMAN CATHOLIC ATTEMPTED TO DESTROY (THE DESCENDANTS)
[/QUOTE]

My guess is, if you were allowed you would be burning Roman Catholics at the stake and waiting for rewards from a "god" for believing you performed HOLY deeds.

Good Grief!

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Psa 32:1 Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
Psa 32:2 Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.
Psa 32:3 When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long.
Psa 32:4 For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah.
Psa 32:5 I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.
Psa 32:6 For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him.
Psa 32:7 Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.
Psa 32:8 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.
Psa 32:9 Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they come near unto thee.
Psa 32:10 Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that trusteth in the LORD, mercy shall compass him about.
Psa 32:11 Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart.
Thanks,Kay again

Now,I can copy it into the,notebook I am keeping on this,kindle,!!!

Hope you can answer that one about purgatory that I was,ask e d..told

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Christians say that Allah is a false god ... but the word Allah simply "means" god in a different language than English.

They all preach there is only one god, and they all believe they have complete ownership OF the one and only god.

Humans are idiots with no hope of improvement.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Not me clay...I am done looking up links.It waste of time.Its pointless also.You don't have to look towardsanyone to shape the history of your bad Popes.They did it to themselves! it is what it is!Where are you going for your information? On a catholic site.If so, let me know. I would truly like to view your resouraces also.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Mat 13:55 Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?
Mat 13:56 And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things?
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC ATTEMPTED TO DESTROY (THE DESCENDANTS)
SUCCESSORS OF THE BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF JESUS IN THE CRUSADES
THE SUCCESSORS OF JAMES ..THE BROTHER OF JESUS..
THE SUCCESSORS OF JOSES ..THE BROTHER OF JESUS..
THE SUCCESSORS OF JUDAS ..THE BROTHER OF JESUS...
THE DESCENDANTS OF JESUS' SISTERS...
AND TO COVER THEIR CRIME COMMITTED IN THE CRUSADES...
TO DESTROY THE SEED ROYAL OF JOSEPH...
THEY REFUSE TO ADMIT THAT
MARY AND JOSEPH'S FAMILY OF SEVEN CHILDREN EVER EXISTED.
THIS IS TO CONCEAL THE USURPATION OF THE DYNASTY OF DAVID...
THE DYNASTY OF WHICH JESUS WAS HEIR APPARENT
TO THE THRONE OF DAVID IN JERUSALEM...
WHEN JESUS WAS BORN IN BETHLEHEM OF JUDE AH.
~~~

O I LEFT OUT SIMON DID i NOT...

THE TRUTH IS

HAD THE DYNASTY OF DAVID REMAINED/CONTINUED... IN JERUSALEM OVER THE 28

GENERATIONS...between the the rein of David and Joseph...

Joseph and Mary would have been the royal family in Jerusalem at the

birth of Jesus .

Jesus the first born would have been heir apparent to the PHYSICAL

throne OF DAVID at the death of Joseph...

WHEN JESUS ASCENDED TO HIS HEAVENLY THRONE..

JAMES JESUS' EARTHLY BROTHER WOULD HAVE BEEN THE NEXT IN LINE.

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC (so called) CHURCH ATTEMPTED TO USURP THE THRONE

FOR THEMSELVES AND SET PETER ( WHO WAS NOT A DESCENDANT OF DAVID) UPON A

THRONE IN ROME..AND A WHOLE LINE OF GENTILES TO BE PETERS

SUCCESSORS...

ALL TRUE CHRISTIANS KNOW THAT JESUS NEVER INTENDED TO SET A PHYSICAL KINGDOM..

AND HE DID NOT

BUT RATHER A SPIRITUAL KINGDOM IN THE HEARTS OF THOSE THAT BELIEVE IN HIM AS THEIR LORD AND SAVIOR.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

who="Human Being"
confronting
KayMarie:
True....Yet even though we are forgiven, we(and God) do not forget.
And to me, because one does not forget, the soul presently carries not just the penalty for sin, but also guilt. And guilt is not so easily washed away.
Our memories cannot be washed clean, otherwise our minds could not hold memories. In a sense we have a temporary truce with God, and this give us peace and consolation with God, in which together God and oneself can work on rebuilding a better, and lasting relationship....
And guilt, within our souls(specifically within our memories)which could weigh us down into despair, will be transformed. But be cheerful, because in God we hope. And it is when our hope is fulfilled that our guilt ends....

Guilt is probably the heaviest load that a human being can feel.
One may remember their sin, but the one who truly accepts the offer of forgiveness from God, is relieved of the burden of it.

If we ourselves could suffer enough to pay for our sin, or if we could do penance and remove it, no one would be 'sinsick'! Man's problem is that he is too proud to admit that he is a sinner, so he cannot seek forgiveness from Someone he cannot see, for something he has not done.

So he remains in his sin...

KayMarie

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed my post Rose, what a surprise. Yes he was chosen by the Holy Spirit. Yes, he's St. Peter's successor. Yes, they are sinners. Yes, St. Peter was a sinner. And the Orthodox will tell you the same about their episcopate (maybe not the ones here).
I have a few of my own if you don't mind;
Who in your congregation is holy? Any of them free of sin? Are protestant preachers who claim to be chosen by the Holy Spirit free of sin? Is your preacher preaching the truth even if he's having an adulterous affair with one of your congregants? Isn't all sin the same according to protestant doctrine? Wouldn't that mean stealing a loaf of bread is just as bad as visiting a brothel?
No they are not but they do nit claim as far as I KNIW to be chosen by the HOLY SPIRIT to be a,direct successor to ST PETER.

THEY are not POPES,claiming to be the head of the TRUE CHURCH.

HOWEVER..I will say I was surprised to read

That the PURPOSE of VATICAN 2. Was,to REJECT THE IDEA,THAT CHRISTS,CHURCH rested SOLEY with the CATHOLIC CHURCH

after reading on this forum ..to read that totally floored me

It's in the second section here

http://vatican2voice.org/6unity/restore_unity...
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

russians will be converted fully again..

when they start see openly what will be happened they will turn over like never before back and pray on knee
ones again..before to late..

it is written
many prophets see on front
they been killed too..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying the Russian Orthodox assimilated into the Soviet Orthodox and back to the Russian Orthodox out of fear?
Hey, I acknowledge the brutal oppression the Soviets and Lenin unleashed on the Orthodox Church. But remember, those were largely Orthodox that made up the Communist party, am I right?
Btw, I'm no expert on this history. So don't get mad. I did read a few things about the history of the Russian Orthodox though.
Clay Honestly I know that whenever the Catholics want to attack the Orthos they bring up Russia. I havent read a lot about the history of Russia. I read some. For instance I know of the many many Orthodox martyrs that died for the faith. I know that when threatened by Hitler that they paired up with a corrupt Russian government. I know that at times the top hierarchy was in cohoots with the corrupt government. I know there was corruption at the top levels as they went through communism etc. Ill read up on it . Then I will be able to have an intelligent discussion about it. I need to anyway because of how your peers always use this to attack the Orthodox Church. I wont pretend to be knowledgeable about this issue, but I guarantee you I will be when I am ready for our discussion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What??? I blame God? What??!!!??
That's what you said clay...God lets them in...that's blameing HIM.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

<quoted text>Oh i didnt know the Orthodox claimed infallibility.
You wont stop will you? Vle Ask your thessalonicans about that one.
http://www.catholic.com/magazine/articles/why... ít-convert-to-eastern-orthodox y

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

523 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min Stilgar Fifrawi 224,068
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min New Age Spiritual Leader 720,380
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min Dr_Zorderz 256,414
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 7 min Gray 115,005
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 24 min Stilgar Fifrawi 172,289
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 38 min bacon hater 93,678
Xcntrik InVidor is A Fool! (Jul '09) 47 min Anon 65
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 51 min shyam 4,573
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr Helga 72
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••