Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658419 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

socci

Osceola, MO

#464064 Jul 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
Saint Patrick wasn't Irish. He was Portuguese or Spanish I believe. I can't remember, but he definitely wasn't Irish.
And yes he was Catholic. He converted the Irish using the Shamrock to help them understand the Trinity in one body.

There's a section of this video that says he came from i believe Scotland or England to evangelize the Irish.

www.youtube.com/watch...

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html...

This is a book, there's a section about Patrick and how the Vatican stole his history..
www.sundaylaw.net/books/other/wilkerson/tttoc...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#464065 Jul 20, 2013
who="Clay "
Lets take for example, the Eucharist. Catholics and Orthodox believe its really the very presence of Jesus Christ upon the words of the validly ordained Priest via Apostolic succession.
Do you believe that? No. You simply read the writings of the Apostles and determined what you were going to believe about this.
They already explained it Kay. There is no need for anyone to put the Bible under a microscope to see the real hidden meaning behind what was written.
You're guilty of undoing what Christ willed and the Apostles taught. You weren't guilty before you came on this forum, because you truly didn't know. Now you know and forced ignorance won't wash your hands.

I haven't learned anything on here, except how mean that people can be who claim to have the 'truth'.

Jesus DID say that the bread and wine were His body and blood...BEFORE any priest touches it. It IS because HE says that it is, not because someone performed some incantation over it.

Jesus, Himself gave it into the hands of the Apostles.

KayMarie

Location hidden

#464066 Jul 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>oh, isn't there. well here it is again for you to ponder on.
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Next time don't sit under him...sit to his side....that way you will not ingest what he is putting out that is meant for the sewer!!!!!
what ever you say, Oxbore.
now go make plans to enter into your very own heaven or make room for tony, you two are just alike.
IGNORANT.
NOW WHAT PART OF THE WORD [IGNORANT] ARE YOU UNFAMILIAR WITH?
ig·no·rant (gnr-nt)
adj.
1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

Where in the above definition of "ignorant" do you see one word about "intelligence or lack of it"?????.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#464067 Jul 20, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a section of this video that says he came from i believe Scotland or England to evangelize the Irish.
www.youtube.com/watch...
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html...
This is a book, there's a section about Patrick and how the Vatican stole his history..
www.sundaylaw.net/books/other/wilkerson/tttoc...
The Vatican stole his history? Is there anything you guys will not touch when it comes to conspiracy crap?

You just stole Saint Patricks history by claiming he was Irish and now Scottish. He was neither.

You know, I just drove by the East Side SDA building (St. Paul, MN) and my heart goes out to those people gathered outside. That cult has got em trapped. You're proof of what that stuff does to someones intellect. No amount of evidence; science, reason, logic, video, anything will get you guys to admit error. You will march forward preaching a conspiracy Christianity and falsely accusing the Catholic Church. Its truly heartbreaking Soc.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#464068 Jul 20, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I WILL TAKE THE NEW COVENANT..CONTRACT..WILL OF GOD THROUGH JESUS CHRIST
OVER YOUR HEARSAY... ORAL CONJECTURE.. AND MAN MADE LIES ... AND TRUST
MY
ETERNAL SOUL TO IT'S AUTHENTICITY...
Heb_4:12 For the word of God
is quick,(ALIVE) and
powerful, and
sharper than any twoedged sword,
piercing
even to the dividing asunder of soul and
spirit, and
of the joints
and marrow, and
is a discerner of the thoughts and
intents of the heart.
___
2Ti 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
2Ti 3:14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
2Ti 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
NOTE
2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
___
Rev_1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and
out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
No, you will take your own vain and prideful OPINIONS of the meaning of scripture OVER the testimony of the men who were taught by the apostles. It requires humility to accept the fact that you aren't the final arbiter of God's Word, that others, especially those who were actually there know better than you. You lack this Christian attribute. You should pray for God's mercy and repent.

Location hidden

#464069 Jul 20, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Many people struggle with uncertainty about their salvation. If you are facing this struggle, here are some questions you can ask yourself to help you be certain about your relationship to God.
Have you believed in Jesus Christ as the substitute for your sins and received him as your personal Savior?
The Bible says that this is the only requirement for salvation.
Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God (John 1:12).
Are you trusting feelings, rather than God's Word, for assurance of salvation?
The Bible says:
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him (John 3:36).
I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned, he has crossed over from death to life (John 5:24).
Are you basing your salvation on what you do for God, instead of what God has done for you?
The Bible says that we can do nothing to earn our salvation. God, because of His grace, did all that needs to be done.
He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy (Titus 3:5a).
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast (Ephesians 2:8-9).
The Bible says that we can know for certain that we have eternal life if we have believed in Jesus as our Savior!
And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life (1 John 5:11-13).
Evidences of the Christian Life
Belief in Jesus Christ as the Son of God who died as the substitute for our sins is the only requirement for salvation. The following are not tests of our faith, because we cannot be good enough to merit God's salvation. We can be encouraged that we do have eternal life because God says so, because changes have taken place in our lives, because we want to share Christ with others, and because we desire to live lives that would be pleasing to God.
We know that we have eternal life because God says we do. God's Word tells us that we have eternal life if we have received Christ as our Savior.
I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life (1 John 5:13).
We know that we have eternal life because changes have taken place in our lives since we became a Christian.
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!(2 Corinthians 5:17).
These may be small changes. At first, they may not even be noticeable to others. But this verse tells us that positionally, we become a new person when we accept Christ and changes in our life are inevitable.
We know that we have eternal life because we want to share Christ with others.
I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile (Romans 1:16).
We know that we have eternal life because we want to live godly lives.
For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say no to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in the present age…(Titus 2:11-12).
http://christiananswers.net/home.html
Catholics will say "BS...tain't what said the pope!!!!"

#464070 Jul 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Who taught you how to take scripture that warns against sin and unbelief and apply it to the Catholic Church? The Holy Spirit? rotflol. The men who were taught by the apostles say it refers to heretics like you.
~~~

I DARE YOU TO TAKE THE SCRIPTURES THAT I HAVE GIVEN ON THIS FORUM TODAY

AND SYSTEMATICALLY PROVE I AM WRONG...

i SAY i DARE YOU...BECAUSE i believe WHEN YOU ATTEMPT TO PROVE ME WRONG....

YOU WILL GET A REVELATION OF YOUR OWN ERROR...AND CONCLUDE THAT

WE SHOULD let the word of God be true and every man a liar...

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#464071 Jul 20, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Denying Jesus is who he said is .. not very kind. It is to teach a lie.
I believe that no character named Jesus ever existed, so from my perspective I am not being unkind. I am being honest to my "concept" of truth.

You only value that myth because you are certain that having faith in it it will reward you with salvation ... not because it makes sense, as it doesn't make sense.

I believed as a child that a god of love would not send a savior to earth that would only save those who USED the title of Christian.

Ridiculous blather.

Location hidden

#464072 Jul 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
its unfortunate the Apostles decided not to explain their writings. The world had to wait 1900 yrs for the born again movement to teach that sola fide is what Christ realty willed.
lol.
Actually, its not funny that you created a false sense of spiritual security in this country and abroad.
Christ says, "He who endures til the end shall be saved"
Old Gee says, "Nope, I'm saved no matter what"
When asked to share your testimony on your salvation, this was your reply:I danced around the while the rock band was jamming some Christian toon. Then I walked up and did an alter call.

You know as much about salvation as you do brain surgery!!!!! Which tells me unless something changes in your spiritual life, you will not be with the sheep for eternity!!!!!

#464073 Jul 20, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
"I don't accept"..."I check out all"..."I read what the apostles said"..."I HEAR what Jesus..." and of course YOU decide if it agrees with the word or not. You've just made yourself infallible and more powerful than any pope in history.
Tell us Kay why you think you can sit down with a bible and decide one verse means something, but a man who was taught by the apostles had the wrong opinion when he read the same verse?

I can sit down with a Bible, and ask the Holy Spirit to help me understand what I read...and He does. I can do that, because I gave myself to Him when He invited me to do so.

"The natural (carnal) man does not receive the things of the Spirit, nor can he, for they are spiritually discerned."

Of course there are different opinions...in the CC as well as in Protestant churches. This occurs because many do not know HIM. They will do better as they learn the Word.

As there is a spiritual battle (between good and evil), there are those who are demonically influenced, and they work to confuse. There ARE different opinions...some just don't know the truth, but some work to oppose the truth.

KayMarie

Quesnel, Canada

#464074 Jul 20, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Your religion is.
I no longer am stuck in the bondage of any religion ... period. I believe I am mortal and such as it is that all of me is here on earth.

Location hidden

#464075 Jul 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Scripture is made useless when people install their own ideas on what the Apostles wrote about.
The Apostles did not teach sola fide, Martin Luther did. Therefore those verses that OldJg quoted may as well have not been written if folks are going to interpret the exact opposite teaching from it.
That's why I'm Catholic, Rose. We go with the Word of God, orally communicated to the people, and sometimes documented by the Disciples of the Apostles.
You are a typical Catholic bag of wind...that is why you are not answering me.....

Tell us the word of God that was given orally.

Tell us who He give it to...give us the names of all who were/are involved in making this known to you....from the first person God gave it to....down to yourself...

Quesnel, Canada

#464076 Jul 20, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
It probably worked like this - your daddy was freemason. rosicrucians are often just masons - both founded by Templars. Your beloved mother although im sure was a kind and loving woman was likely eastern star mason. they often claim to be christian, especially lutheran when the husband is rosicrucian (cross & rose) as the rosicrucians erroneously claim Luther was rosicrucians.
Rosicrucians were alligned with the papal knights and Jesuits, not the Protestants. The Rosicrucians were the infiltrators into the church to lead it back to Rome for their Jesuit masters, as Jesuits rarely do such a thing themselves.
Billy Graham and Pat Robertson are known Freemasons who may also be Rosicrucian and Knights of Malta.
www.jesus-is-savior.com/Wolves/700_club.htm
www.reformation.org/pat-robertson.html
Anyway, there's no truth in any of the papal secret societies. It is Gnosticism.
All religion is bunk. Yours is nothing special except to you and those who agree with you.

You don't want to see that you have been shafted by theological masters of deception.

When I recognized that I had been shafted by their cunning manipulations with words, I opted OUT from under the blanket of deception that had been put upon me.

You can do the same ... but you won't if you keep believing that you are special to a god.

You can't have it both ways.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#464077 Jul 20, 2013
who="hojo"
OldJG wrote:
Many people struggle with uncertainty about their salvation. If you are facing this struggle, here are some questions you can ask yourself to help you be certain about your relationship to God.
Have you believed in Jesus Christ as the substitute for your sins and received him as your personal Savior?
The Bible says that this is the only requirement for salvation.
Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God (John 1:12).
Are you trusting feelings, rather than God's Word, for assurance of salvation?
The Bible says:
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him (John 3:36).
I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned, he has crossed over from death to life (John 5:24).
Are you basing your salvation on what you do for God, instead of what God has done for you?
The Bible says that we can do nothing to earn our salvation. God, because of His grace, did all that needs to be done.
He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy (Titus 3:5a).
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast (Ephesians 2:8-9).
We can be encouraged that we do have eternal life because God says so, because changes have taken place in our lives, because we want to share Christ with others, and because we desire to live lives that would be pleasing to God.
We know that we have eternal life because God says we do. God's Word tells us that we have eternal life if we have received Christ as our Savior.
I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life (1 John 5:13).
We know that we have eternal life because changes have taken place in our lives since we became a Christian.
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!(2 Corinthians 5:17).
These may be small changes. At first, they may not even be noticeable to others. But this verse tells us that positionally, we become a new person when we accept Christ and changes in our life are inevitable.
We know that we have eternal life because we want to share Christ with others.
I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile (Romans 1:16).
We know that we have eternal life because we want to live godly lives.
For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say no to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in the present age…(Titus 2:11-12).
http://christiananswers.net/home.html
Great post ..Thanks
hojo: YES!!! Great post-------for those who "don't know or refuse to know, accept and follow the TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the Bible!!!
Please read that post carefully. You have a adopted a group that leaves your salvation in doubt. Read what the Word says about it.
KayMarie
Thanks KayMarie, but I have read it! No matter how many times we, as Catholics, tell you bible only believers, it just seems to go in "one ear and out the other" that the Catholic Church DOES NOT believe or teach in "works only" regarding Salvation...OLDJG conveniently "avoids" the book of James regarding "faith without works is dead, works without faith is dead, which is precisely what we believe........ OldJG said that "people struggle with uncertainty about their Salvation---(as they should). As Paul says in Phil 2:12 that we are to "work out our Salvation with trembling and fear"!! NOWHERE does he ever tell us that Salvation is "once saved always saved"!
Have a good weekend KayMarie and God Bless!!

Quesnel, Canada

#464078 Jul 20, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
If the catholic converts to atheism this is certainly not an improvement.
If all people leave religion, they will tear down the walls built by the cunning theologians.

The theologians will lose all their power that they held over the minds of other humans.

I'll repeat the sentiments of my earlier post.

If a god exists and is of the nature of love, none of us need to worry.

And if the god exists and is NOT of the nature of love ... worry will do no good, as the god (on a whim) could send ALL followers to eternal damnation and laugh and laugh at the gullibility of those who fell for the promise of salvation.

Religion is BUNK!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#464079 Jul 20, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
I DARE YOU TO TAKE THE SCRIPTURES THAT I HAVE GIVEN ON THIS FORUM TODAY
AND SYSTEMATICALLY PROVE I AM WRONG...
i SAY i DARE YOU...BECAUSE i believe WHEN YOU ATTEMPT TO PROVE ME WRONG....
YOU WILL GET A REVELATION OF YOUR OWN ERROR...AND CONCLUDE THAT
WE SHOULD let the word of God be true and every man a liar...
We should let the word of God be true, and we should let any man like you who accuses without proof and mangles scripture to be known as a liar. And I know you to be a liar.

#1 - Not one of the verses you posted makes a single reference to the Church of Rome.

#2 - Every protestant group since the reformation has had members who are guilty of each of the sins and unfaithfulness you accuse EACH AND EVERY Catholic of.

#464080 Jul 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you will take your own vain and prideful OPINIONS of the meaning of scripture OVER the testimony of the men who were taught by the apostles. It requires humility to accept the fact that you aren't the final arbiter of God's Word, that others, especially those who were actually there know better than you. You lack this Christian attribute. You should pray for God's mercy and repent.
If my conclusions are not given from the word of God...you have had the option of taking the word of God an proving me wrong over a period of several years...

To date all you have done is call me a liar..

YOU ARE-- evidently afraid that if you do attempt to prove me in error...

You will have to acknowledge that I have posted the truth...

IF YOU ARE TO LAZY TO PROVE ME WRONG,

THEN BE HONEST AND SAY THAT YOU DON'T KNOW...

BECAUSE IT IS QUITE EVIDENT THAT YOU ARE GROSSLY IGNORANT OF GOD'S

ETERNAL PLAN OF REDEMPTION...

Quesnel, Canada

#464081 Jul 20, 2013
I can sit down with a Bible, and ask the Holy Spirit to help me understand what I read...and He does.
Your arrogance has allowed you to imagine that is true.

As the priest said to the young lad who really didn't want to become a priest but was pressured by his Catholic parents to go in that direction ...(paraphrasing)... "Don't necessarily believe that God is calling you, as it might just be the rector's breathing that you hear."

Quesnel, Canada

#464082 Jul 20, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks KayMarie, but I have read it! No matter how many times we, as Catholics, tell you bible only believers, it just seems to go in "one ear and out the other"
Right-fighting in religion will never end unless you choose to end it by admitting three words concerning the telling of the your concept of truth ... "I don't know!"

"I don't know if there is a god, or if the god loves me ... but I will trust that if I do my best to be kind that if there is a god, the god will read my heart and my actions ... NOT my preachy words."

Quesnel, Canada

#464083 Jul 20, 2013
<quoted text>
If my conclusions are not given from the word of God...you have had the option of taking the word of God an proving me wrong over a period of several years...
But when you believe that a god supports every word that you utter, you won't pay heed to what any other person on earth suggest to you.

That is what the wall of arrogance has built in your mind ... because you have not only allowed it to BE built ... you have built it your self.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 min Drip403 6,087
Why do black children behave worse in school th... (Sep '10) 12 min Desirezzzz5412 413
Malay Janda Baik Punya (Sep '09) 16 min Moanz9112 8
I hate 'God' (Apr '14) 19 min Slit354 194
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 23 min Cookie4237 618,829
Ever masturbated in school thinking of a teacher (Jun '13) 26 min Catch4673 18
HILLARY CLINTON lS DEAD! 30 min Jemz1115 9
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 48 min Gurlee4766 88
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 974,642
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 70,128
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 2 hr Twizzler4158 4,937
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr BonBon6156 282,874
More from around the web