Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,375)

Showing posts 447,481 - 447,500 of511,590
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for responding to my comment on "Jesus became as sin for us."I am in the middle of much going on in my life,so I frequent this thread.Maybe that is good,because most of what is posted is frustrating to say the least. NO one agrees with anyone ever,and everyone is there own isolated belief system,never the twain shall meet.
We are having a heat wave,as most of the country.Hopefully it will break soon.But it is not as bad as last year,our summer was brutal in 2012,at least we have some days in the 70s now.And most of all some rain.We actually this year had just regular rain falls without all the severity.Have a great day!
Glad it's a bit better.

It's always bad when LANdings,or Nina neutral neutral prevails in my experience..means actually the Deep sea to the west of South America is ACTUALlY cooler..But it means for us no real upper level wind to blow storms away..Really messes with our weather here. It's all part if the NATURAL weather cycle..IMO

In other words. We are hot and very wet...And the height of hurricane season is nit even here Yet ..I really hate this time of year!!!

It's really quite interesting if you are into it

http://www.elnino.noaa.gov/lanina.html

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/analysi...

Current condition is neutral.

And yes on the posts about Jesus taking in all our sins as He hung there..That awful cup of our transgression.

How much He must love us..when I think on that. I am humbled.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus appointed St. Peter. St. Peter appointed a successor, he appointed successors. It contiunues to this very day.
You picked up a KJV and appointed yourself.
Not even close.
that is a lie Anthony. Jesus never [appointed] peter as any type of pope.

HE [CALLED] HIM TO PREACH THE WORD. NOT TO BE MIXED UP WITH THE SCANDLEOUS LIFESTYLE THAT YOUR CHURCH IS INFAMOUS FOR.

DEAL WITH IT!

and to help you, I can refute anything that you say about your church since it stinks to high heavens

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. I never said or implied two Greek bishops covered the same territory. I specifically stated "different traditions" decribing them as "Serb, Russian, Ukrainian, Greek", etc.
You may have misundertood me, but you denied it initially, then reconsidered after realizing you were wrong.
As far as changing our mass, the essential parts of the mass have never been changed. See St. Justin Martyr (circa AD 150) for reference.
Metropolitan Phillip says this of modern Orthodoxy:
"Eastern Orthodoxy is plagued by excessive nationalism, liturgical decay, and doctrinal fluctuations - all factors which have crippled its apostolic energies."
==========

Here is the Metropolitan Phillip that is the SOURCE of the quote disparaging the Ortho Church. Basically he is a rogue Orthodox Metropolitan who is an ecumenalist that favors the Papal Monarchal form of Church government.

Research on Metro Phillip indicated many of his own people have reported that he refuses to listen to his former chancellors, he refuses to listen to his Brother Bishops on the Local Synod.

He refuses to be accountable to the Holy Synod. They describe him as a a tyrant and a bully.( He will probably be getting the boot although the Orthodox Church always will take the time to try to work it through)

One quote: "Instead of an American church which must be conciliar we see a structure that rivals the medieval papacy of the Roman church." Instead of an eye towards all of America we see a Bishop playing to a small ethnic club. Instead of a gentle Shepherd we see a promoter of self, a propagandist, a businessman, and sometimes a thug"

Antiochian magazine some in 1982 (or so) contained picture of Metropolitan Philip dressed in a cowboy suit, complete with bandana and six- with a six-shooter pointed at the reader, with the inscription "Pay your diocesan assessment, or else," or something similar."

The knowledgeable Orthodox I spoke to re Metropolitan Phillip describe his view as not alligned with Orthodoxy and that is a polite way of putting it.

I posted this to John, but I guess that was far enough back that he can post Metro Phillip's comments again and others may have missed my clarifying Metro Phillip's lack of any credibility.

Thats the Cath style here. Just be aware. And Anthony, who at first I thought was different, has the same stripes.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
who=" Anthony MN"
They were sinners. We are all sinners. There were a few scoundrels in St. Peter's chair, but the gates of hell did not prevail. Even the worst did not teach error.
Anthony...the rest of us, and the Bible, make it plain that one's actions teach more than their words.
If one 'teaches' the Word, but lives in opposition to it, what do you think his hearers believe? Do?
Honest people call that HYPOCRISY...
KayMarie
Right. A few of the popes were hypocrites, like the pharisees. Jesus said listen to them, do what they say, but not what they do. It doesn't mean they taught error.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
who=" Anthony MN"
They were sinners. We are all sinners. There were a few scoundrels in St. Peter's chair, but the gates of hell did not prevail. Even the worst did not teach error.
Anthony...the rest of us, and the Bible, make it plain that one's actions teach more than their words.
If one 'teaches' the Word, but lives in opposition to it, what do you think his hearers believe? Do?
Honest people call that HYPOCRISY...
KayMarie
And furthermore, your husband is a sinner. Does that mean you and others shouldn't listen to him or do what he says?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. I never said or implied two Greek bishops covered the same territory. I specifically stated "different traditions" decribing them as "Serb, Russian, Ukrainian, Greek", etc.
You may have misundertood me, but you denied it initially, then reconsidered after realizing you were wrong.
As far as changing our mass, the essential parts of the mass have never been changed. See St. Justin Martyr (circa AD 150) for reference.
Metropolitan Phillip says this of modern Orthodoxy:
"Eastern Orthodoxy is plagued by excessive nationalism, liturgical decay, and doctrinal fluctuations - all factors which have crippled its apostolic energies."
==========

CORRECTION I POSTED TO ANTHONY NOT JOHN

Here is the Metropolitan Phillip that is the SOURCE of the quote disparaging the Ortho Church. Basically he is a rogue Orthodox Metropolitan who is an ecumenalist that favors the Papal Monarchal form of Church government.

Research on Metro Phillip indicated many of his own people have reported that he refuses to listen to his former chancellors, he refuses to listen to his Brother Bishops on the Local Synod.

He refuses to be accountable to the Holy Synod. They describe him as a a tyrant and a bully.( He will probably be getting the boot although the Orthodox Church always will take the time to try to work it through)

One quote: "Instead of an American church which must be conciliar we see a structure that rivals the medieval papacy of the Roman church." Instead of an eye towards all of America we see a Bishop playing to a small ethnic club. Instead of a gentle Shepherd we see a promoter of self, a propagandist, a businessman, and sometimes a thug"

Antiochian magazine some in 1982 (or so) contained picture of Metropolitan Philip dressed in a cowboy suit, complete with bandana and six- with a six-shooter pointed at the reader, with the inscription "Pay your diocesan assessment, or else," or something similar."

The knowledgeable Orthodox I spoke to re Metropolitan Phillip describe his view as not alligned with Orthodoxy and that is a polite way of putting it.

I posted this to Anthony, but I guess that was far enough back that he can post Metro Phillip's comments again and others may have missed my clarifying Metro Phillip's lack of any credibility.

Thats the Cath style here. Just be aware. And Anthony, who at first I thought was different, has the same stripes.

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I believe it you jackass, I wouldn't have said "he is" unless I believed it.
Now how 'bout you?
Temper, temper Anthony.

*sighs*

Why do you believe the Pope is infallible, even though he is a man who "falls short of the glory of "God" (whom you also to believe is infallible)? The Pope and "God" are equal?

How is it that this man can be equal to "God"? Is the Pope really this powerful of a man? Or in truth, this label is just an illusion the RCC has placed upon its followers, to promote a "dog and pony show"?

BTW - if you want to begin name-calling in our discussion, so be it - mine aren't going to be very 'nice' if you continue. Of course, this will all depend upon you, as you seem frustrated with my posts. In other words, we CAN go your route if you decide to continue with that level of play.

....OR....instead - you could just answer with honesty.....and we discuss these pondering issues with rationalism and insight.

Imagine that - you get to choose how YOU get to act.....huh!!

So far, I'm not that sure that either of the two paths are your way of progressing in the discussion, as these choices are still seems to be on the table for you......

- avoid answering altogether?
- redirect and begin to ask me questions?
- use man's definition instead of your own?

"Now how 'bout you?"
- about me what? This forum is not about me.
- Am I infallible?
+ No Anthony, I am not, because I am a man. No man is infallible, except the ones YOU decide to be. But even when you make this decision to believe someone is 'infallible', you really haven't done enough research on the term or the subject to come to this conclusion anyhow. So in essence, you mislead others with false information. No doubt based upon other men's decision with this.
+ IMO - you only believe the Pope is infallible, because it was stated by those other men that you believe are telling you the truth. Once again we find men defining an infallible entity without any infallibility characteristics to allow them such a feat.

*sighs*

You haven't used any logic in your decision to believe this. I understand. Religion takes logic away from a person, replacing it with conjecture and misinformation.

Self.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, ok. I know by now whatever is presented the Caths here will either refuse to acknowledge they are wrong or just lie. Go with your bros and leave me alone.I am wasting time with your group. The Protestants are absolutely correct. You dont know the truth and dont want to know the truth. You are the best. Go team.
I waste my time, thinking you are somehow sincere, and this is how you respond. Wont happen again, chum.
I did not wish to tell you so, because I knew that you would find out what type of person that Anthony really was.

to err from what the Bible teaches , is not what Christianity is all about.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I believe it you jackass, I wouldn't have said "he is" unless I believed it.
Now how 'bout you?
:o)

Where's "geneD" at, when you need support for your statement?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed.(Leviticus 20:9)
If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die.(Leviticus 20:10).
If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death.(Leviticus 20:11)
If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death.(Leviticus 20:14)
If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed.(Leviticus 20:15-16).
If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)
Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death.(Leviticus 20:27)
If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake.(Leviticus 21:9)
People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)
Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community.(Leviticus 24:14-16)
Hey now.....there will be no posting of Bible verses that are not valid, because that causes the Bible to be invalid.....in which so-called "Christians" will not have them being told that they have been incorrect in their theology.

:o)
disciple

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Vatican prelate in 'gay romance' with Swiss guard

http://www.france24.com/en/20130719-vatican-p...

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey NASaL, it's the Church that says he's infallible, so the Church is the one who defines infallibility. The #4 definition is pretty close.
No "we" don't know because a pope doesn't have any "qualifications" to meet other than what is described in the definition.
Backsliding?

Wait a minute!!

You either believe he is infallible or not. It has nothing to do with the so-called "Church" - which are - in your own words, is made up by 'priests and bishops'- which is other men.

So now you are saying men can place infallibility upon whom they choose?

So where does that leave you with your belief?
- You believe because other men told you to believe this?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So Babylon is Rome in Revelation, but it's not Rome in 1 Peter. And Ananias wasn't supposed to tell St. Paul that baptism would wash away his sins. lol.
Yes, Sts. Peter and Paul were in Rome. All respected biblical scholars INCLUDING protestant say St. Peter was there and died a martyr. They built up the Church in Rome and appointed and ordained successors. St. Paul says the faith of the Church at Rome is reknowned throughout the whole world.
Neither of them say one word about two goofy self-appointed, self annointed loudmouthed fundamentalist preachers in AD 2013. Sorry.
glad that you love to lie.

if peter was writing from Babylon(Rome), then WHY don't you flee from Rome(Babylon) since Revelation teaches that Jesus is going to destroy that city that sets on seven hills (Rome nee Babylon).

Rev 17.

I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads....

And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication....

And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains [or hills], on which the woman sitteth.

Looks like God is telling us that people like you who follow the catholic church blindly have no wisdom.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, ok. I know by now whatever is presented the Caths here will either refuse to acknowledge they are wrong or just lie. Go with your bros and leave me alone.I am wasting time with your group. The Protestants are absolutely correct. You dont know the truth and dont want to know the truth. You are the best. Go team.
I waste my time, thinking you are somehow sincere, and this is how you respond. Wont happen again, chum.
You can sure dish it out Hermi, but I'm a waste of time if I dish it back. I guess the only way I'm sincere is if I don't question anything you say.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>

From the article: However maybe Fr. Cleenewerck wore a cowboy suit and isnt really Orthodox. I guess Herme has to check with his sources unknown to us. Regardless Herme has a propensity to twist everything.
There remains the fact, however, that in the words of a recent OCA theologian Fr. Laurent A. Cleenewerck (cf. his recent volume "His Broken Body"):
For his part, Fr. Cleenewerck goes far in his admission of the need to have a universal Primate in the Church since:
"the universal vocation of the Church is connected to a universal primacy that should neither be absolute nor empty... History shows that the Churches need some kind of international center or mechanism of unity and arbitration."
Fr. Cleenewerck frankly admitted:
"Orthodox would almost like to forget that their [liturgical] calendar and theology is replete with ‘Popes of Rome’ whose teachings about their own authority is better left unmentioned."
http://credo.stormloader.com/Ecumenic/philioc...
======

Cmon , you guys got to do better than this. First a "Cowboy Bishop". Now this guy. For your info, with the least bit if little checking, you would have discovered Laurent (Laurence) Alain Cleenewerck was received in the Orthodox Church in America in 2007.We are not in communion with the OCA. Cleenewerck wants reunion!! LOL He is an ecumenist. He wants us all to just join together. So what if a few things are compromised in the faith. OL Go look for another source. So far you have used a Orthodox who converted to Catholicism, a "Cowboy Bishop" and now an ecumenist from a Church we are not in Communion with.Keep searching.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
"I WANT and therefore DEMAND to believe that GOD only gave Christians in MY denomination the truth.
I WILL have MY way, and let no man put MY way with words asunder!!!"
Remember - you aren't part of any denomination. You haven't forgotten that already?

Hmmmm.....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I did not wish to tell you so, because I knew that you would find out what type of person that Anthony really was.
to err from what the Bible teaches , is not what Christianity is all about.
Thanx cowboy.I got it now and I wont forget. Thanx again.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are on earth.
:)
Humble, aint I? lol@U
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony actually that was another Orthodox Fr Cleenewwerk in his book who said that. It is no secret that the Patriarchs of Constantinople and Russia have a serious problem. Metropolitan Hilarion who was to attend the Joint commission at Ravenna did not participate because I believe its Estonia was present. I would have to look it up again. Regardless Bartholemew gave them autocephoulous nature. Russia does not recognize this nor do they accept that Bartholemew had the righ to do it. Both of them are accusing the other of ceasar popism. A serious insult I guess. Likoudis talked briefly about the interpretation of Canon 28 as being interpret by Metropolitan Philip. Ultimately it is because of the different interpretations of Canons applied today that it creates division and there is no authority to look to as everyone is equal. The church should not be divided along ethnic lines. Likoudis goes briefly into Canon 28 and Philips interpretation. It should be noted which is not in the article that Canon 28 was proposed by about 60 Bishops of the 650 present. Its a matter of record it was not approved by the Pope and it was hinging upon his approval. The language is very clear that Pope Leo was recognized as the head of the church. So was the proclamation to Hormisda in AD 519 where 2500 Eastern Bishops signed it and again signed by those who opposed Photius.
I didnt do any of things Herme twisted and setting up a strawman to call me a liar, there is no reasoning with that guy. I clearly posted the link to read. It is an article by James Likoudis who yes has high credentials and is a Historian. He merely quoted what Phillip said and then points to why its of interest to Catholics. Divisions among the Orthodox is a big problem because talks cant begin if they are fighting with one another on who is in charge and who has authority to do what.
From the article: However maybe Fr. Cleenewerck wore a cowboy suit and isnt really Orthodox. I guess Herme has to check with his sources unknown to us. Regardless Herme has a propensity to twist everything.
There remains the fact, however, that in the words of a recent OCA theologian Fr. Laurent A. Cleenewerck (cf. his recent volume "His Broken Body"):
For his part, Fr. Cleenewerck goes far in his admission of the need to have a universal Primate in the Church since:
"the universal vocation of the Church is connected to a universal primacy that should neither be absolute nor empty... History shows that the Churches need some kind of international center or mechanism of unity and arbitration."
Fr. Cleenewerck frankly admitted:
"Orthodox would almost like to forget that their [liturgical] calendar and theology is replete with ‘Popes of Rome’ whose teachings about their own authority is better left unmentioned."
http://credo.stormloader.com/Ecumenic/philioc...
I stand corrected. I'm really trying to be charitable with Hermi but it seems if I disagree with him or produce evidence that disputes his assertions I'm somehow not sincere and nothing but a Catholic bully.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I have to go under the knife again,it will be my fourth surgery,in the same area.I must have weak abdominal muscles,have a hernia.
What, you don't believe "God" heals you?
- I guess "He" thinks it requires you to go through four surgeries for you to listen, huh?

What "weak abdominal muscles"?
- No way!! "God" short-changed you on the muscles? Bummer for you. Just think how lucky you are, you could have an entire limb missing at birth. Just think of how much of a bummer it is for those people that "God" had born like that.

*sighs*

Yes Pad - there was an underlying message there - let's see if you can figure it out.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 447,481 - 447,500 of511,590
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

662 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Aerobatty 216,241
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min BenAdam 679,155
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 min Toby 89,370
Remember there's always someone suffering mor t... 11 min kandikisses44 5
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 13 min PetesaKe 109,341
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 25 min RADEKT 250,251
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 41 min lovewithin 37,984
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 1 hr zoelitchfieldx 215
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Divinity Surgeon 596,443
•••
•••
•••