Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687265 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#464029 Jul 20, 2013
who="hojo"
OldJG wrote:
Many people struggle with uncertainty about their salvation. If you are facing this struggle, here are some questions you can ask yourself to help you be certain about your relationship to God.
Have you believed in Jesus Christ as the substitute for your sins and received him as your personal Savior?
The Bible says that this is the only requirement for salvation.
Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God (John 1:12).
Are you trusting feelings, rather than God's Word, for assurance of salvation?
The Bible says:
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him (John 3:36).
I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned, he has crossed over from death to life (John 5:24).
Are you basing your salvation on what you do for God, instead of what God has done for you?
The Bible says that we can do nothing to earn our salvation. God, because of His grace, did all that needs to be done.
He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy (Titus 3:5a).
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast (Ephesians 2:8-9).
The Bible says that we can know for certain that we have eternal life if we have believed in Jesus as our Savior!
And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life (1 John 5:11-13).
Evidences of the Christian Life
Belief in Jesus Christ as the Son of God who died as the substitute for our sins is the only requirement for salvation. The following are not tests of our faith, because we cannot be good enough to merit God's salvation. We can be encouraged that we do have eternal life because God says so, because changes have taken place in our lives, because we want to share Christ with others, and because we desire to live lives that would be pleasing to God.
We know that we have eternal life because God says we do. God's Word tells us that we have eternal life if we have received Christ as our Savior.
I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life (1 John 5:13).
We know that we have eternal life because changes have taken place in our lives since we became a Christian.
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!(2 Corinthians 5:17).
These may be small changes. At first, they may not even be noticeable to others. But this verse tells us that positionally, we become a new person when we accept Christ and changes in our life are inevitable.
We know that we have eternal life because we want to share Christ with others.
I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile (Romans 1:16).
We know that we have eternal life because we want to live godly lives.
For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say no to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in the present age…(Titus 2:11-12).
http://christiananswers.net/home.html

Great post ..Thanks

hojo: YES!!! Great post-------for those who "don't know or refuse to know, accept and follow the TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the Bible!!!
Please read that post carefully. You have a adopted a group that leaves your salvation in doubt. Read what the Word says about it.

KayMarie
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#464030 Jul 20, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>You still do not give an alternative,
Yes I DO give an alternative. Leave ALL religion behind and try (on your own) to be as kind as human selfishness allows.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#464031 Jul 20, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Clay "
Scripture is made useless when people install their own ideas on what the Apostles wrote about.
The Apostles did not teach sola fide, Martin Luther did. Therefore those verses that OldJg quoted may as well have not been written if folks are going to interpret the exact opposite teaching from it.
That's why I'm Catholic, Rose. We go with the Word of God, orally communicated to the people, and sometimes documented by the Disciples of the Apostles.
That's what gets you in trouble. It's as if you started listening to this forum, and expecting to know the truth about God. All kinds of dogmas being presented here, and you don't know the persons who are presenting them.
The Apostles and Prophets who wrote the Bible were known to walk with God/Jesus. You do not know the presenters of the 'oral opinions' of men 2,000 years ago. Their 'records' that you DO have now are written, they are no longer oral (unless you can talk with ghosts). And you have to trust the writings of some pretty questionable characters to accept those writings as 'scripture'.
KayMarie
Questionable characters? To whom are you referring? Never read a single thing they wrote have you Kay? And no, we don't accept their writings as scripture. But you accept your husband's opinon as scripture.

The Church fathers sat at the foot of the apostles and those they taught and expounded on scripture verses.

Your husband pastes scripture verses and expounds on them 2000 years after Christ, having never heard one spoken word from the apostles.

And he knows better than they did?

I think your sanity is questionable.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#464032 Jul 20, 2013
who="hojo"
OldJG wrote:
Many people struggle with uncertainty about their salvation. If you are facing this struggle, here are some questions you can ask yourself to help you be certain about your relationship to God.
If a person doesn't believe in a god, then a person won't be anxious about that word salvation.

I believe that if a creator does exist kindness is all that is necessary.

On the other hand, people such as you that believe they need to defend dogmas in order to appease the whims of a god are NOT kind, as the dogmas dictate the behavior.

You continually threaten me that I will go to hell.

That in my opinion is anything BUT kindness.

I am not in any religion ... and I wish nothing but the best for you.

So what has your religion done TO you "simply" because you allowed it to happen???

#464033 Jul 20, 2013
Zec 12:9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

Zec 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem,

the spirit of grace and

of supplications: and

they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and

they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and

shall be in bitterness for him,

as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Zec 12:11 In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon.

Zec 12:12 And the land shall mourn,

every family apart;

the family of the house of David apart, and

their wives apart; the family of the house of Nathan apart, and

their wives apart;

Zec 12:13 The family of the house of Levi apart, and

their wives apart;

the family of Shimei apart, and

their wives apart;

Zec 12:14 All the families that remain,

every family apart, and their wives apart.

-----

Zec_14:12 And this shall be the plague

wherewith the LORD will smite all the people

that have fought against Jerusalem;

Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and

their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and

their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#464034 Jul 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Questionable characters? To whom are you referring? Never read a single thing they wrote have you Kay? And no, we don't accept their writings as scripture. But you accept your husband's opinon as scripture.
The Church fathers sat at the foot of the apostles and those they taught and expounded on scripture verses.
Your husband pastes scripture verses and expounds on them 2000 years after Christ, having never heard one spoken word from the apostles.
Ever hear of telephone..one person passes,things along..etc

You have breaks near as I can tell in your Spirit filled successors to PETER.
The CC Sadly follows bad leaders..for a time..git caught in politics ..monarchies..inquisition..had folks selling indulgences.

IF THAT GUY WAS IN ERROR was the money returned and the people who have it told they did nit really have the indulgence.

It's like buying carbon credits..so SOMEONE else can conserve. When you own mansions and fly on private jets..
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#464035 Jul 20, 2013
As a child I took responsibility for assessing that there was something wrong with my mother's Lutheran beliefs AND my fathers Rosicrucian "Order"-beliefs in reincarnation.

I was too young and inexperienced to assess that maybe they were both simply indoctrinated by divided theology written by men with no more sense than door knobs.

Now I believe I understand why people fought over religion and to this day still right-fight often to their own deaths.

Theologians started the wars, and because they earn (often HIGH wages) for amassing pounds of literature ... they keep writing and preaching nonsense that stems ONLY from their own imaginations.

I can guarantee they won't catch me in their webs of lies any more.

I have outgrown any need for their CON-flicting lies.

#464036 Jul 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~

The sanity of any person (such as yourself) that attempts to upstage God is questionable...

____

Rom 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?

Rom_3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

The above verses certainly make your religious system questionable

#464037 Jul 20, 2013
who="Clay "
So let me get this straight: you go straight to the 66 Books of your Bible, but ignore the 7 Books that Luther removed. Then you disregard what the Apostles communicated about those Books?
Why don't you and the OldGees just accept that Christ gives your graces when you pray, but you are no authority to preach the Word of God. Especially when its opposite of what the Apostles taught.

Clay...how could the Word we teach be opposite what the Apostles taught...WHEN WHAT WE TEACH IS WHAT THEY WROTE?

Are you saying that they were double-minded?

KayMarie
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#464038 Jul 20, 2013
My guess is that many modern Pagans aren't aware that the one they honor as the "father of Wicca" was a homophobe ...(a man of his era) who believed that the goddess curses homosexuals.

It took the bi-sexual Alex Sanders to spin the religion off in another direction to where now they teach that the goddess loves everybody without condition.

You will only see the lies of the theologians that spin words as spiders spin webs when you open your mind to the possibility that you can be kind to others with ease if you set all that religion nonsense free so it no longer holds your minds in its bondage.

Been there ... done that!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#464039 Jul 20, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
The sanity of any person (such as yourself) that attempts to upstage God is questionable...
____
Are you CERTAIN that a god exists to agree with your EVERY statement???

Pathetic creature!

Without using those words to preach at others as evil offender of a god ... you would be a nothing ... in your own eyes. Your self-perceived POWER over others would be defunct.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#464040 Jul 20, 2013
whoClay...how could the Word we teach be opposite what the Apostles taught...WHEN WHAT WE TEACH IS WHAT THEY WROTE?
You are eager to believe that OTHER theologians wrote ONLY lies and your own preferred theologians wrote ONLY truth.

THAT is YOUR downfall!

You were sucked in by your greed for bliss in an afterlife.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#464041 Jul 20, 2013
If a god exists and is of the nature of love, none of us need to worry.

And if the god exists and is NOT of the nature of love ... worry will do no good, as the god (on a whim) could send ALL followers to eternal damnation and laugh and laugh at the gullibility of those who fell for the promise of salvation.

Religion is BUNK!

#464042 Jul 20, 2013
who="Anthony MN"

Very complimentary, aren't you?

The questionable characters I referred to are the Pope's and bishops that history reveals were guilty of various evils...even 'buying' the Pope's position.

No, I don't accept anyone's 'opinion' as scripture. I check out all that I hear by the Word.

I read what the Apostles said, not what someone says that they said.

I HEAR what Jesus has to say sometimes, too, and it agrees with the Word.

KayMarie

#464043 Jul 20, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
____
Rom 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
Rom_3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.
~~~

EXAMINE THIS SCRIPTURE CLOSELY..

TRUTH IS ..AS..ESTABLISHED BY...COMPARED TO ... THE WRITTEN WORD OF GOD...

Rom_3:4 God forbid: yea,

let God be true, but

every man a liar;

NOTE
-->AS IT IS WRITTEN,<--(NOT AS IT IS ORALLY SPOKEN BY SOME (so called) Holy fathers.)

That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings,

and mightest overcome when thou art judged.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#464044 Jul 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever hear of telephone..one person passes,things along..etc
You have breaks near as I can tell in your Spirit filled successors to PETER.
The CC Sadly follows bad leaders..for a time..git caught in politics ..monarchies..inquisition..had folks selling indulgences.
IF THAT GUY WAS IN ERROR was the money returned and the people who have it told they did nit really have the indulgence.
It's like buying carbon credits..so SOMEONE else can conserve. When you own mansions and fly on private jets..
Sure, you guys use the telephone game scenario all the time to reject what they wrote. What you don't realize is these writings are no more copies of copies than scripture is. And what does a pope 1400 years later have to do with the writings of the disciples of the apostles anyway Rose? What is your obssession with the Borgias?

St. Clement of Rome's writings exist. He was St. Paul's co-worker in Phillipians and was ordained by St. Peter. St. Ignatius's writings exist. He was taught personally by St. John. St. Irenaeus's writings exist. He was taught by St. Polycarp who was taught by St. John.

It's not a telephone game Rose, these men recorded what they were taught. They told us the meaning of verses that you now change into something else. Do you, like Kay, think these guys were questionable?
Clay

Garden City, MI

#464045 Jul 20, 2013
who="Clay "
So let me get this straight: you go straight to the 66 Books of your Bible, but ignore the 7 Books that Luther removed. Then you disregard what the Apostles communicated about those Books?
Why don't you and the OldGees just accept that Christ gives your graces when you pray, but you are no authority to preach the Word of God. Especially when its opposite of what the Apostles taught.
Clay...how could the Word we teach be opposite what the Apostles taught...WHEN WHAT WE TEACH IS WHAT THEY WROTE?
Are you saying that they were double-minded?
KayMarie
Lets take for example, the Eucharist. Catholics and Orthodox believe its really the very presence of Jesus Christ upon the words of the validly ordained Priest via Apostolic succession.

Do you believe that? No. You simply read the writings of the Apostles and determined what you were going to believe about this.
They already explained it Kay. There is no need for anyone to put the Bible under a microscope to see the real hidden meaning behind what was written.

You're guilty of undoing what Christ willed and the Apostles taught. You weren't guilty before you came on this forum, because you truly didn't know. Now you know and forced ignorance won't wash your hands.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#464046 Jul 20, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
____
Who taught you how to take scripture that warns against sin and unbelief and apply it to the Catholic Church? The Holy Spirit? rotflol. The men who were taught by the apostles say it refers to heretics like you.
socci

Osceola, MO

#464047 Jul 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If a person doesn't believe in a god, then a person won't be anxious about that word salvation.
I believe that if a creator does exist kindness is all that is necessary.
On the other hand, people such as you that believe they need to defend dogmas in order to appease the whims of a god are NOT kind, as the dogmas dictate the behavior.
You continually threaten me that I will go to hell.
That in my opinion is anything BUT kindness.
I am not in any religion ... and I wish nothing but the best for you.
So what has your religion done TO you "simply" because you allowed it to happen???

Denying Jesus is who he said is .. not very kind. It is to teach a lie.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#464048 Jul 20, 2013
I'm amazed when I think back that my mother and father although they depended on different theologians to tell them truth, that they didn't fight among their selves over whose dogmas were right and whose were wrong.

It's too bad that when they were alive I didn't think to ask either one of them how they came to terms with that issue. It's simply another one of those issues that remain a mystery to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
READ! Tuxedo Crew is OFFICIAL! They are the BEST (Jun '14) 2 hr Sufi 29
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr River Tam 619,794
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Gabriel 987,310
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 hr Bongo 30,971
My "thorn in the flesh" God won't fix....this s... 5 hr Doctor REALITY 4
loan shark needed asap (Mar '09) 6 hr Panteri11 17
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 hr RADEKT 286,555
More from around the web