Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,374)

Showing posts 447,461 - 447,480 of530,344
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not even reading what you post. You're looking at the surface and not realizing the essentials aren't changed at all.
====

“Don't look now, but there's one too many in this room and I think it's you” Groucho Marx quote

Tipote (different dialect different region of Greece and Us)Gee sometimes that happens with language,

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is EXACTLY what Jesus, said and did, in Matthew 16:19 "To YOU PETER (and only YOU) I give the Keys to the Kingdom of Heaven". Jesus appointed "only Peter" to be HIS (Christs) earthly representative to lead HIS ONE (and only one)(Uiversa CAtholic Church) until HE returns for the second time. The same Church (Catholic) that Ignastis (in a letter)referred to as (CATHOLIC) in 070) AD....... In Matthew 16:16 Peter was the (ONLY ONE) who knew and acknowledged Jesus as the Son of God, when he said: "You are the Christ, the Messiah, the son of the living God!!...... It is here that Jesus "singled out" Peter,(specifically) calling Him Blessed! Furthermore---- Jesus said to Peter " I pray for you that you will give strength and guidance to your OTHER brother Apostles. There is "NO DOUBT ABOUT IT" that Peter was the ONLY APOSTLE that was given the "keys to the kingdom of heaven"........Based upon your (above) remarks, you can "put away" you tanning lotion and swim suit, Confrinting and pack your "long underwear and ice skates!!....... With the "drastic" change in temperature that you predicted---"You'll definitely need them"!!!
Ok HOJO

Will ask you this time

Some if you agreed that not all the POPES..let's take ALEXANDER were good men..But according to you guys they were protected from error .

I am asking

If a Pope ..an unholy man..is elected through politics And Not through the HOLY SPIRIT.

Men CAN ERR..SIN..including those in a conclave .

If the pope is not fit to wash Peter's feet..let alone WEAR His shoes.

SO is that Chair filled ...by an unholy man ..elected through political means

Politics not only of the CHURCH but Monarchs in power ???

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the Catholic Encyclopedia is loaded with the history of holy men and women of the Church. There's a few bad guys too. What other brilliant sources do you have to support your accusation?
Even the catholic enc. is enough on it's own to convict your church leaders. What more could you want, when it comes right from the horse's mouth. It is what it is.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying the quotes we provided from Metropolitan Phillip are lies? Did he really NOT say what was quoted? I know you think he's a renegade and about to be kicked out of the Orthodox Church, but c'mon Hermi.
Explained many many times. A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants,

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It's "tipota", not tipote. I do know. I'm half Greek. I grew up with the Greek Orthodox.
Ever hear of difference in dialect from island to island in Greece and from place to place and even town to town in USA. Ask Metropolitan Phillip.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
The Arians checked with the laity, the Monophytes, Nestorians,iconoclasts and and on. While you are at it the Patriarch of Moscow does not recognize an autocepholous church approved by Bartholemew. So nothing they say has any value whatsoever, but they can be like you and really dont have to listen to the Patriarch or Bishop if you disagree based on your own decisions of your research. Phillip is in a recongized church and no you didnt answer his statement. COuncils refuted heresy and all the councils were approved by the Successor of Peter. Most of the Eastern Bishops went to Arianism. With your method true Orthodoxy is Arianism. The Church is not a bunch of Ethinic groups or territories or Nationalism. It is the truth of the word of God with the full deposit of faith. It isnt now nor was it ever a laity vote on what the truth is.
----------

Everyone,please click the below link.It is the absolute best response I ever gave to Dust Storm.

If the link does not work I will use text

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Explained many many times. A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants,
Now that's my Nico!..lolol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"Thats the Cath style here. Just be aware. And Anthony, who at first I thought was different, has the same stripes."
So I guess your statement that you don't get upset if anyone criticizes your Church is not necessarily correct.
I have been very nice to you. I've been very supportive of the truths in Orthodoxy, admire your liturgy and your people. I haven't called you any names, haven't insulted you in any way, all I've done is pointed out some of the discrepancies in your statements. In return you tell me I'm a waste of time, pointless to talk to and a typical Catholic bully.
Maybe it's your stripes that are coming out?
==========

Confounded how some people could say something untrue, be confronted directly in the face with the Truth, deny, and hold on to the untruth they want to believe.I encountered this before many times but with criminals, not with self proclaimed defenders of the "True Faith". Ill do with yall what I did to them. I would lock them up for a while and let them look at themselves. Consider yourself in " Orthodox Jail"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

There is one infallible decision of a Pope that will agree with.Pope Bennedict's decision to fly off in a helicopter.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

who="RoSesz"
Thanks Kay.
Another question along the same lines.
A person is saved. They stray ..sin ...are called back..REPENT..
Ok we look at the Prodigal parable ..the Father literally runs to embrace the LOST SON.
But though he is welcome ..he HAS spent his inheritance .
He loses rewards ..he loses his "mansion""
???????
What happens ???
HE has been welcomed back but ????

Jesus was the one who was telling the story as an example. When the son repented, and returned home...humbled enough to become a servant, he was received back AS A SON. The father rejoiced to see him; he made a feast, he robed his son (mark of honor), and placed a ring on his finger. The ring was a symbol of authority. He was restored completely as a son.

The inheritance that he had wasted was gone. Jesus gave no details about that issue, but he did not shame his son or drive him away.

Our father is merciful, and John says that when we repent/confess,'He is FAITHFUL TO FORGIVE AND TO CLEANSE US FROM ALL unrighteousness.

He is our Father...not our judge. He will be judge of those who refuse to return or repent...but until that last judgment, He keeps the door (and His arms) open to us.

KayMarie

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
My salvation doesn't hinge on what some guy says in the yr 2013, after reading the Books the Catholic Church installed in the Bible. Thats just the reality Preston.
This morning, I had the Eucharist at the daily Mass. The Mass was set up by the Apostles. Just like the Jews ate the sacrificial Lamb, we eat the Lamb of God made present in the bread. The Jews didThat ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.We don't eat a symbol of a Lamb. We don't eat a symbol of Christ.
This is the word of God. It was preached by Saint Andrew in Greece; Saint Thomas in India. Every Christian until a few hundred yrs ago had the Mass. We Catholics follow the word of God in its full deposit- highlighted around the Eucharist.
And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body. eat: phago: to eat (literally or figuratively):--eat, meat.

And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; drink ye. Drink:: pino, to imbibe (literally or figuratively):--drink.

You say you "eat" and "drink" literally, the body of Christ...which says Christ taught us to be cannibals!!!!!

Plus: You ignore...That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

Wherefore say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Ye eat with the blood, and lift up your eyes toward your idols, and shed blood: and shall ye possess the land?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
The Arians checked with the laity, the Monophytes, Nestorians,iconoclasts and and on. While you are at it the Patriarch of Moscow does not recognize an autocepholous church approved by Bartholemew. So nothing they say has any value whatsoever, but they can be like you and really dont have to listen to the Patriarch or Bishop if you disagree based on your own decisions of your research. Phillip is in a recongized church and no you didnt answer his statement. COuncils refuted heresy and all the councils were approved by the Successor of Peter. Most of the Eastern Bishops went to Arianism. With your method true Orthodoxy is Arianism. The Church is not a bunch of Ethinic groups or territories or Nationalism. It is the truth of the word of God with the full deposit of faith. It isnt nuth ow nor was it ever a laity vote on what the truth is.
I wish Maury Povich had some kind of DNA Truth test for Dust Storm.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok HOJO
Will ask you this time
Some if you agreed that not all the POPES..let's take ALEXANDER were good men..But according to you guys they were protected from error .
I am asking
If a Pope ..an unholy man..is elected through politics And Not through the HOLY SPIRIT.
Men CAN ERR..SIN..including those in a conclave .
If the pope is not fit to wash Peter's feet..let alone WEAR His shoes.
SO is that Chair filled ...by an unholy man ..elected through political means
Politics not only of the CHURCH but Monarchs in power ???
All 266 Popes since Saint Peter were sinners. Its not God's fault that the only people available are sinners. Christ ensures the truth will be protected.

No matter how they came to be Popes has no bearing on the validity of the Papacy.(although it should make everyone sick that the chair was sold or stolen at one point) Still, God protected it. Truth had to prevail!

Its also interesting that some of the greatest Saints in the history of Christianity were alive and proclaiming the gospel while these Popes sinning.(see Saint Francis of Assisi)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
My salvation doesn't hinge on what some guy says in the yr 2013, after reading the Books the Catholic Church installed in the Bible. Thats just the reality Preston.
This morning, I had the Eucharist at the daily Mass. The Mass was set up by the Apostles. Just like the Jews ate the sacrificial Lamb, we eat the Lamb of God made present in the bread. The Jews didn't eat a symbol of a Lamb. We don't eat a symbol of Christ.
This is the word of God. It was preached by Saint Andrew in Greece; Saint Thomas in India. Every Christian until a few hundred yrs ago had the Mass. We Catholics follow the word of God in its full deposit- highlighted around the Eucharist.
When asked to share your testimony on your salvation, this was your reply:I danced around the while the rock band was jamming some Christian toon. Then I walked up and did an alter call.

You know as much about salvation as you do brain surgery!!!!! Which tells me unless something changes in your spiritual life, you will not be with the sheep for eternity!!!!!
socci

Lawson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
All 266 Popes since Saint Peter were sinners. Its not God's fault that the only people available are sinners. Christ ensures the truth will be protected.
No matter how they came to be Popes has no bearing on the validity of the Papacy.(although it should make everyone sick that the chair was sold or stolen at one point) Still, God protected it. Truth had to prevail!
Its also interesting that some of the greatest Saints in the history of Christianity were alive and proclaiming the gospel while these Popes sinning.(see Saint Francis of Assisi)
What did Jesus do when he saw people defiling the temple?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought the Holy Spirit chose the Pope?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~

You post should be captioned

"The opinions of the walking dead...from the Roman Catholic mausoleum."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>What did Jesus do when he saw people defiling the temple?
~~~

The Bible says

1Co_3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

1Co_3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

1Co_6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Explained many many times. A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants,
Lol and unless,I missed it still waiting for an answer to my sincere question about the Pope.

Short version

If the man is unholy ..elected by politics ..Not the SPIRIT

IS he still Peter's SUCCESSOR...ARE His shoes filled.

Is the CHAIR ...which Peter would probably sell for alms..occupied????

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 447,461 - 447,480 of530,344
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

388 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 4 min MUQ1 36,419
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min gort 223,290
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... 8 min Yassir 62
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min It aint necessarily so 717,126
To "Protesters" Of The USA Flag 15 min Patriot 1
Friendship and dating 22 min singleboyindelhi 1
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 25 min Mandela 114,689
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr andet1987 171,519
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Hidingfromyou 598,810