Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 595782 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#463747 Jul 19, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Explained many many times. A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants,
Lol and unless,I missed it still waiting for an answer to my sincere question about the Pope.

Short version

If the man is unholy ..elected by politics ..Not the SPIRIT

IS he still Peter's SUCCESSOR...ARE His shoes filled.

Is the CHAIR ...which Peter would probably sell for alms..occupied????

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#463748 Jul 19, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I thought the Holy Spirit chose the Pope?
Exactly MY question..asked of all three of them ..unless I missed the answer

Did He choose the Borgia,pope and other unholy men who sat in that chair..????

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint James, Canada

#463749 Jul 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Human Being"
Scripture declares that 'the flesh is enmity (at war) against the Spirit'.
What a sick teaching!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#463750 Jul 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
All 266 Popes since Saint Peter were sinners. Its not God's fault that the only people available are sinners. Christ ensures the truth will be protected.
No matter how they came to be Popes has no bearing on the validity of the Papacy.(although it should make everyone sick that the chair was sold or stolen at one point) Still, God protected it. Truth had to prevail!
Its also interesting that some of the greatest Saints in the history of Christianity were alive and proclaiming the gospel while these Popes sinning.(see Saint Francis of Assisi)
Thanks ..finally an answer ..We all do sin..But the out and out unrepentant sin ...shaming your Church

Was He chosen by the Spirit ..was He Petrs SUCCESsor.

Was the CHAIR vacant when this man with wives and mistresses OPENLY..Sat in it .

With all the nepotism ..bribery unrepentant done..Was he a pope.

PETER denied Christ but repented

Did the POPES who sat by while Jews were t o returned FIR THE FAITH..FILL Peters Shoes ..did they excommunicated the monarchs and clergy involved.

The money gotten by selling indulgences ...WAS IT RETURNED

You all blame Luther .AND the Reformers

.But may be they just lost faith

NOT IN GOD but in that Temple in Rome .

It's not that way now ..But it was.

Maybe. It needed the Reformation as much as the people .
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#463751 Jul 19, 2013
<quoted text>Ever hear of difference in dialect from island to island in Greece and from place to place and even town to town in USA. Ask Metropolitan Phillip.
It's tipota in Thessaloniki where my grandparents were from. Another dialect? Nice try Nick. I'm sorry we couldn't be friends, but I prefer friends with integrity.

Fort Saint James, Canada

#463752 Jul 19, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Human Being wrote:
June:
Although I am overgeneralizing, it is to keep it simple....Men are protectors, women are nurturers
<quoted text>
Some men are nurturers and protectors, while some women are deadbeats.
If we put our minds to it, we could come up with many other scenarios that would plainly fit within these "categories".
I agree.
Clay

United States

#463753 Jul 19, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
Well, God evidently allowed a bad Pope. Probably to wake the righteous up, because a greater good will always come out of bad. Lessons were learned.

But lets keep it real. Out of 266, there was only a few bad ones. And we almost exclusively rely on age old Protestant sources to get our info on their lives. An unbiased look into the Popes who are now labeled bad, will reveal that they did much good too, but their sins were blown up by the enemies of the Church and plastered around the world for all to ridicule.

Fort Saint James, Canada

#463754 Jul 19, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
A person is saved. They stray ..sin ...are called back..REPENT..
How could the children of those in other religions BE sinners, when they were doing their best to follow the rules in their own religions.

You people choose to stay ignorant!
Human Being

Roanoke, LA

#463755 Jul 19, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
But all our sins were crucified with Him.
And,He knew them all..those before we became Christians ..this,after.
If we turn away ...And do not hear the call if the SPIRIT to REPENT. TURN BACK ..confess..then we h a v e hardened our hearts. Or we were not saved in the first place.
And trust me there is no mistaking the SPIRIT in our consciences. If He is calling us back. asking us to REPENT.
I do not KNIW the exact words or scripture..But HE call s the errant Christian ..it is,hard NoT TO AnSWER.
The Shepherd will find that LOST SHEEP...And Christ said NOTHING about throwing the list SHEEP into purgatory.
MayBE KAY MARIE can say it better..
RoSezs:

I am not challenging your salvation, merely stretching your understanding...So be at peace.

If a Christian, as you say, hardens their heart, then what is God to do?

In an absolute sense, yes God has forgiven "all" sins, and covered us in the righteousness of Jesus Christ. But when one hardens their heart, they cannot love God, as God deems good for us. So what is God to do to help us?

Consider Purgatory like the Israelites in the desert, wandering for 40 years. They refused to go in and take, and live in the Promised Land. The Israelites were "saved" by God, but not purged of their "Egyptian"(worldly) ways within their hearts(souls). The same is true for the Christian.

I Cor 3:11-15 describes the purgatorial process, which is done by the Holy Spirit. Note the last verse...."If any man's work burn he shall suffer loss, but he himself shall be saved, yet so AS BY FIRE."

It is not something to be feared, to go into Purgatory, rather it is a comfort to know God is refining us now, and shall refine us, and burn away all our worthless works(sins and our holding onto our sinful ways in our souls).

We stand guilty before God, but redeemed by Jesus Christ's selfless act. Our guilt should propel us toward being righteous. But often it is difficult to relinquish our guilt and shame. Penance helps, but we may not know the full sense of our guilt while on this earth. Leading again to another benefit of purgatorial process within our souls, and not merely as a covering us Christ's righteousness upon us.

Fort Saint James, Canada

#463756 Jul 19, 2013
Our father is merciful, and John says that when we repent/confess,'He is FAITHFUL TO FORGIVE AND TO CLEANSE US FROM ALL unrighteousness.
So a child of a Muslim, a Hindu, a Buddhist, an Atheist is UNRIGHTEOUS because the child isn't Christian???

Your religion is wretched.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#463757 Jul 19, 2013
No offense but it's true. anybody can be Catholic...eh I'm not even going to bother much on this topic.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#463758 Jul 19, 2013
who="RoSesz"
Thanks Kay.
Another question along the same lines.
A person is saved. They stray ..sin ...are called back..REPENT..
Ok we look at the Prodigal parable ..the Father literally runs to embrace the LOST SON.
But though he is welcome ..he HAS spent his inheritance .
He loses rewards ..he loses his "mansion""
???????
What happens ???
HE has been welcomed back but ????
Jesus was the one who was telling the story as an example. When the son repented, and returned home...humbled enough to become a servant, he was received back AS A SON. The father rejoiced to see him; he made a feast, he robed his son (mark of honor), and placed a ring on his finger. The ring was a symbol of authority. He was restored completely as a son.
The inheritance that he had wasted was gone. Jesus gave no details about that issue, but he did not shame his son or drive him away.
Our father is merciful, and John says that when we repent/confess,'He is FAITHFUL TO FORGIVE AND TO CLEANSE US FROM ALL unrighteousness.
He is our Father...not our judge. He will be judge of those who refuse to return or repent...but until that last judgment, He keeps the door (and His arms) open to us.
KayMarie
Thanks so much ..every person here should hear this.

HOPE is what it is .

Sorry I cannot cut and paste text on a web page ..get all the ads etc.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

Just read this in a book ..like God was telling me the answer to the question!!!!

It's PSALM 32

You can get any version there ..:)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#463759 Jul 19, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol and unless,I missed it still waiting for an answer to my sincere question about the Pope.
Short version
If the man is unholy ..elected by politics ..Not the SPIRIT
IS he still Peter's SUCCESSOR...ARE His shoes filled.
Is the CHAIR ...which Peter would probably sell for alms..occupied????
~~~~

Peter never had any successors...

GOD DON'T HAVE ANY GRAND CHILDREN....

Jesus did not have a Chair...He died on a cruel cross

The name is Christ-inanity

NOT PETER INANITY NOR MARY INANITY ..

2Co_6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

YOU ROMAN cATHOLICS GLORY IN PETER... YOU ARE PETER'S PEOPLE INSTEAD OF GOD'S.

1Co 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

1Co 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

1Co 3:18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

1Co 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

1Co 3:20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

1Co 3:21 --> Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;
1Co 3:22

Whether Paul,

or Apollos,

or Cephas,(PETER)

or the world,

or life,

or death,

or things present,

or things to come; all are yours;

1Co 3:23 And ye are Christ's; and

Christ is God's.
Clay

United States

#463760 Jul 19, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>What did Jesus do when he saw people defiling the temple?
I think an Orthodox like you ought to be more concerned with the sins of your own hierarchy.

The Soviet Union influenced the Russian Orthodox Church in ways that should make you shutter.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#463761 Jul 19, 2013
<quoted text>----------
Everyone,please click the below link.It is the absolute best response I ever gave to Dust Storm.
If the link does not work I will use text
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =e6sWmBh3jzIXX
Hahahah!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#463762 Jul 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
All 266 Popes since Saint Peter were sinners. Its not God's fault that the only people available are sinners. Christ ensures the truth will be protected.
No matter how they came to be Popes has no bearing on the validity of the Papacy.(although it should make everyone sick that the chair was sold or stolen at one point) Still, God protected it. Truth had to prevail!
Its also interesting that some of the greatest Saints in the history of Christianity were alive and proclaiming the gospel while these Popes sinning.(see Saint Francis of Assisi)
God struck down a man who was carrying the Ark of the Covenant for just touching it. f there was a holy " Chair of Peter" why would the Father let some of the horrible popes even near it as the "Vicar of Christ"
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#463763 Jul 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
Well, God evidently allowed a bad Pope.

no, that was Satan. God has no hand in the Roman Church.

Revelation 13:2 "...and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority."

Notice the statue of Jupiter now called "St Peter" in the Vatican? Who is Jupiter and where did he come from?

Notice the sun wheel in the court? the obelisk?

Notice the sun symbols all over the pope?
www.youtube.com/watch...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#463764 Jul 19, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSezs:
I am not challenging your salvation, merely stretching your understanding...So be at peace.
If a Christian, as you say, hardens their heart, then what is God to do?
In an absolute sense, yes God has forgiven "all" sins, and covered us in the righteousness of Jesus Christ. But when one hardens their heart, they cannot love God, as God deems good for us. So what is God to do to help us?
Consider Purgatory like the Israelites in the desert, wandering for 40 years. They refused to go in and take, and live in the Promised Land. The Israelites were "saved" by God, but not purged of their "Egyptian"(worldly) ways within their hearts(souls). The same is true for the Christian.
I Cor 3:11-15 describes the purgatorial process, which is done by the Holy Spirit. Note the last verse...."If any man's work burn he shall suffer loss, but he himself shall be saved, yet so AS BY FIRE."
It is not something to be feared, to go into Purgatory, rather it is a comfort to know God is refining us now, and shall refine us, and burn away all our worthless works(sins and our holding onto our sinful ways in our souls).
We stand guilty before God, but redeemed by Jesus Christ's selfless act. Our guilt should propel us toward being righteous. But often it is difficult to relinquish our guilt and shame. Penance helps, but we may not know the full sense of our guilt while on this earth. Leading again to another benefit of purgatorial process within our souls, and not merely as a covering us Christ's righteousness upon us.
Will leave this to Kay or cowboy ..or Herme or Sera..

I grew,up believing in purgatory. You burn for ..years ..hundreds of years for whatever sins you have done .

Bug someone else can pray your years away ???

Fort Saint James, Canada

#463765 Jul 19, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
Hahahahahahahaha
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#463766 Jul 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
How could the children of those in other religions BE sinners, when they were doing their best to follow the rules in their own religions.

Children are unaccountable for sin until they are of age to know better. Jesus was 30 before being baptized. But around 15 is the age to be baptized today outside the RC.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 min Epiphany2 612,589
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min BenAdam 853,534
Rajkot gay Topix 37 min Vishal 150
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 39 min I Am No One_ 444,099
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 48 min The_Box 100,667
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 59 min razz58 2,626
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 2 hr apg 253
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Pegasus 272,043
More from around the web