Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,372)

Showing posts 447,421 - 447,440 of511,649
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader:
You asked and answered your own question....
("So why have men chosen books considered inspired and others are not?" Answer: "Because only men deemed them to be such, no "God" was involved.")
This begs a reflection...." So why have YOU(NASL) chosen books considered inspired and others not? Answer: Because YOU deemed them such, no God involved."
Your thesis is no "God" involved. And you support your thesis with supposition and conclusion that Christians are misled, believe lies, partial truths....
My reply is, "But if God was involved?" That would make your supposition and conclusion wrong, with a bit of detached self-deception in your cognitive bias....
Other Christians may not have faced this question, so they also rely on a supposition. And they may not be able to express themselves within the framework of your question....
Your concern then is "why" don't they investigate? Answer:It is more a matter of faith, than of physical evidence. Thus it is not of importance to them. Or of course it could be a habit, fear, or laziness...
Can you prove "God" was involved?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
How come you guys disregard the word of God that was given orally?
and just what might that me, mr Clay?

the Words that Jesus gave Orally, I abide by, but do you?

and they are written down for us to abide by.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the Catholic Encyclopedia is loaded with the history of holy men and women of the Church.
Those men were about as holy as was Hitler.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have answered your question ..precisely .
I would not advise nor aid in aborting anyone .
And it has nothing to do with teaching anyone a lesson ..
You depositing a young girl with NO CONTROL over her life.
I then Said that raping her ..then forcing an abortions to violate her all over again is wrong ..since if it was the case she had NO CONTROL ..That would be true .
I would never advise taking an innocent life to COVER UP A CRIME..no
And for further answers ask someone else I have answered
You are quite arrogant in your belief to think that an unwanted child is more important than a person's life who never wanted the child to begin with.

WOW!

Forcing a child to carry an unwanted child, just because you don't want the child aborted.

Very "Christian" of you.

Why not, huh? Must be "God's plan".

Be sure to claim the 50 shekels from the "father", so he can have her hand in marriage.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

"28 If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;

29 Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days."

Why would you advocate this?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>CAN YOU SHOW ME WHERE IT DOESNT?
I myself can not document what they did after they had to flee from the Romans. Nor does it matter.
People get saved by WHAT is written in the Bible(read about the eunuch).
as far as the whereabouts of Peter they are not essential to the Salvation of ONE person living today, not ONE!
and some day, Clay, if you get Saved before you die, you will fully understand, that your church has failed you concerning Salvation
My salvation doesn't hinge on what some guy says in the yr 2013, after reading the Books the Catholic Church installed in the Bible. Thats just the reality Preston.
This morning, I had the Eucharist at the daily Mass. The Mass was set up by the Apostles. Just like the Jews ate the sacrificial Lamb, we eat the Lamb of God made present in the bread. The Jews didn't eat a symbol of a Lamb. We don't eat a symbol of Christ.
This is the word of God. It was preached by Saint Andrew in Greece; Saint Thomas in India. Every Christian until a few hundred yrs ago had the Mass. We Catholics follow the word of God in its full deposit- highlighted around the Eucharist.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
He does a fine job if you ask me.
I pray we all here get to the same Truth Anthony, it is the reason all of us born-agains are here to share God's Truth with you.
He bears false witness and abuses and erroneously interprets scripture. If that's fine for you, you can keep whatever you're trying to share.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit babbling nonsense. I told you he's infallible under the proper definition. But you don't know what that is and think its something else.
You may have stated "he's infallible under the proper definition", but you are yet to admit it is your belief.

Please stop stalling and answer the question, well that is if you are honest enough to do so. Which appears you aren't.

Well?

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Humans of all religions imagined the deities into their "realities" through individual preferential "treatment."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Judaism

Main article: Gender of God in Judaism

Although God is referred to in the Hebrew Bible with masculine imagery and grammatical forms, Jewish philosophy does not attribute to God either sex or gender.[7] At times, Jewish aggadic literature and Jewish mysticism do treat God as gendered, though these are not uniformly masculine or feminine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_of_God
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Please,follow,WHAT has,been said..in context ..
Clay said,I should know,because,of previous,posts over the years..how,I don't know. know Since I was not here .....about the infallibility being about doctrine .regards the popes
I said I know,that is,what your church teaches. When the pope,is is speaking what you all call Ex,Cathedra..But I mentioned that you Said the Church teaches,the pope is,infallible.
He himself is,not.
Not even by your own teaching unless he is,making doctrine
So I posted what YOU Said..Not me
And,I mentioned that some POPES were,far from it .personally ..
Then I asked another question..waiting on that answer..
Yes he is infallible as the Catholic Church defines infallibility. You have some other definition apparently. What question did you ask, I have trouble deciphering your posts.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit babbling nonsense. I told you he's infallible under the proper definition. But you don't know what that is and think its something else.
in·fal·li·ble/&#618;n& #712;fæl&#601;b&#601;l /[in-fal-uh-buhl]
adjective
1. absolutely trustworthy or sure: an infallible rule.
2. unfailing in effectiveness or operation; certain: an infallible remedy.
3. not fallible; exempt from liability to error, as persons, their judgment, or pronouncements: an infallible principle.
4. Roman Catholic Church . immune from fallacy or liability to error in expounding matters of faith or morals by virtue of the promise made by Christ to the Church.

Maybe you don't understand the definition.

We all already know that many Popes in the history fo the RCC have not met these qualifications.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
One would think the worst would be the one's that teach falsely...
God given common sense. So sad you can't see it.
No pope has ever declared a doctrine on faith and morals that is in error. Even the bad ones.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>and just what might that me, mr Clay?
the Words that Jesus gave Orally, I abide by, but do you?
and they are written down for us to abide by.
So YOU follow Jesus huh?

Do you agree with the idea that your supposed Jesus taught that only Christians deserve heaven???

Even as a child, those preachers couldn't catch me in that mental trap by in turn giving me the silly PROMISE of salvation.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
What other definition would I use?
I;m not asking for any definition, I was asking if you believe the Pope is infallible.

The definition would only be used, to make a decision in your mind on whether you have decided if this is true for your belief of the person or not.

Anthony, can you make a statement that says you believe he is infallible?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Anthony I know that ..thus as persons,nit infallible.
Now may be you can answer
AS Just ONE example
If the Borgia,pope..a man NOT KNOWN FOR HOLINESS..was elected fir political reasons..And not by the leading of the HOLY SPIRIT .
Was He in fact a true successor to St Peter.
Or was it just politics ...Not holy at all.
Really would like an HONEST answer..
Yes, he was a true successor to St. Peter. A bad guy, very sinful, but a true successor who did not err when he declared doctrine on the apostolic faith. He was more like the pharisees Jesus said we should listen to, do what they say, but not what they do.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
My salvation doesn't hinge on what some guy says in the yr 2013, after reading the Books the Catholic Church installed in the Bible. Thats just the reality Preston.
This morning, I had the Eucharist at the daily Mass. The Mass was set up by the Apostles. Just like the Jews ate the sacrificial Lamb, we eat the Lamb of God made present in the bread. The Jews didn't eat a symbol of a Lamb. We don't eat a symbol of Christ.
This is the word of God. It was preached by Saint Andrew in Greece; Saint Thomas in India. Every Christian until a few hundred yrs ago had the Mass. We Catholics follow the word of God in its full deposit- highlighted around the Eucharist.
without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin, eating a piece of grain will never and has never saved one person.

anything set up by any Apostle should be Biblical. I see no words by any Apostle that eating that bread might save a person.

if that was the case just like being Baptised, then the death of Jesus would not have had to have happened.

and you don't know those people Preached anything of the sort. it is just some lie that your church has told you to accept. just like the lie told about Polycarp et al being disciples of John. who knows,but they might have been the ones that left John because they couldn't abide by his Words and the Truth.lol

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
My salvation doesn't hinge on what some guy says
Some people will fall for any LINE, and many people in religion have fallen for such lines written by mortal arrogant men!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I;m not asking for any definition, I was asking if you believe the Pope is infallible.
Which one? They never agreed on anything. The old popes believed "god" ordained putting "sinners" to death was a righteous idea. Pope Benedict preached that he didn't agree with the death penalty as being acceptable to "god."

Ridiculous people speaking as though they personally know the will of one or another god!!!

Religion is the worst blight to ever infect human imagination.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So YOU follow Jesus huh?
Do you agree with the idea that your supposed Jesus taught that only Christians deserve heaven???
Even as a child, those preachers couldn't catch me in that mental trap by in turn giving me the silly PROMISE of salvation.
lol@U.

there isn't a person ever living on this earth that ever {deserved] heaven and you are lying about.

If and when I make it Home, it will because of His Sacrifice, nothing that I have ever done with ONE Exception.

BTW< It doesn't bother me one bit concerning your raging, as it is written, "Oh, How the heathen rage!"

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
How come you guys disregard the word of God that was given orally?
~~~

WHY SHOULD ANY ONE ON EARTH TRUST THEIRS SOULS DESTINY
WHEN THE BOOK THAT IS THEIR BIBLE SAYS

" their catechism.

explains clearly what infallibility means ....

as it pertains the pope.

Regardless of the sinful behavior of some popes,

not one of them has

ever erred when teaching doctrine on faith and morals."

If you want to trust you soul to the words of a bunch of sinful men that

have no standard of holiness...

I want my physical food from a clean vessel I DON'T EAT FROM GARBAGE CANS.

I DON'T WANT MY ORAL SPIRITUAL FOOD FROM SPIRITUALLY DEAD

EVIL DIRTY MINDED LIARS.

THAT HAVE CONTAMINATE THE WORD OF GOD WITH THEIR CARNAL MINDS FOR OVER

1600 YEARS...

i AM NOT A SPIRITUAL CANNIBAL,,,

Mat_23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

I DON'T GET MY SPIRITUAL FOOD FROM A MAUSOLEUM!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
Dust Storm provided a quote from a Metropolitan Phillip to support that the conciliar nature of the Ortho Church made it disorganized and chaotic.
THE QUOTE AS PROVIDED BY STORM GAVE THE IMPRESSION THAT A GREEK ORTHODOX CHURCH WOULD HAVE 2 BISHOPS COVERING THE SAME TERRITORY. ANTHONY THOUGHT THIS MEANT THEY WOULD CROSS INTO EACH OTHER'S TERRITORIES, ETC. CHAOS! RIGHT!
Well Metro Phillip was talking about Eastern Orthodox Churches under different Patriarchs (remember we do not have a "king Pope")
So the Antiochan Orthodox would have their Bishop for a district and the Greek Orthodox would have a Bishop for the same district if they had a church there. be Greek Bishop would never cross into another Greek Bishop's territory. A Greek Bishop would never cross into an Antioch Bishop's territory and vice versa.
But their Orthodox faith is the same. They are united in love and faith, not in dictatorship. And the Bishop presides in love, not dictatorship. is job is to coordinate with the other Bishops- Greek, Antiochian, etc to insure the faith is protected.
You that know history know that the Orthodox Church, following this conciliar system, have preserved the same faith for about 2000 years whereas the Catholics have for example changed the Mass about 50 times. Our Liturgy goes back to the 3rd Century with Hymns and Prayers from the first.
The second deception is that when I debunked Storm's source, this Metro Phillip who dressed in a cowboy outfit pointing a gun at his flock saying pay your diocese fees and is considered a dictator and basically a Papist by his own flock,
Storm says his source was not Phillip by Likouris.
But Likouris only authored the article. He quoted Phillip.Likouris,(although a Catholic convert LOL)has impressive credentials.SO STORM MADE IT SOUND LIKE THIS SCHOLAR SAID THE QUOTE.
BUT THE QUOTE WAS NOT THE SCHOLAR LIKOURIS', THE MAN WITH THE CREDENTIALS. LIKOURIS WAS JUST THE WRITER WHO WAS QUOTING THE "COWBOY BISHOP".IT WAS NOT LIKOURIS HE WAS QUOTING BUT THE "COWBOY BISHOP". SO DUST STORM LIES AROUND THE COWBOY AND MAKES THE READER THINK THE SCHOLAR MADE THE QUOTE AND LISTS THE SCHOLAR'S CREDENTIALS.
Not true. I never said or implied two Greek bishops covered the same territory. I specifically stated "different traditions" decribing them as "Serb, Russian, Ukrainian, Greek", etc.

You may have misundertood me, but you denied it initially, then reconsidered after realizing you were wrong.

As far as changing our mass, the essential parts of the mass have never been changed. See St. Justin Martyr (circa AD 150) for reference.

Metropolitan Phillip says this of modern Orthodoxy:

"Eastern Orthodoxy is plagued by excessive nationalism, liturgical decay, and doctrinal fluctuations - all factors which have crippled its apostolic energies."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 447,421 - 447,440 of511,649
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

739 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min wilderide 679,253
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min Dr_Zorderz 250,268
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min Ratloder 109,358
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min RiversideRedneck 216,281
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 13 min yon 376
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 21 min Neelakaran 2,913
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 24 min Liam 37,986
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr wilderide 89,377
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 2 hr JACK 216
•••
•••
•••