Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646589 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#463896 Jul 19, 2013
Considering that religious teaching go back at least 50,000 years (according to archeologists)... and probably a lot longer ... humans have not accomplished a darn thing by preaching words from their religions. The right-fighters are still right-fighting and creating yet more and more divisions.

Religion is NOT good.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#463897 Jul 19, 2013
Noah's flood was NOT worldwide.

http://emahiser.christogenea.org/Comparet1%20...

Prince George, Canada

#463898 Jul 19, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Hook up with June.
No thanks!

If I had to live with any of you religious preachers, your lives would be in danger, as I would probably stuff the bible where the sun doesn't shine.

:)

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#463899 Jul 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>so. you finally come out with what I HAVE KNOWN all along.
NOT ONE PERSON HAS EVER SAID THAT JESUS WAS GOD THE FATHER AND YOU KNOW IT.
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>since I am several times smarter than you are.
I believe that He is God and was God in His[ Surrogate] mothers womb. it became Biological after a few days.
wanna argue with me, Bring your Masters Degree in Biology with you.lol

FYI:

GOD: This name, the derivation of which is uncertain, we give to that eternal, infinite, perfect, and incomprehensible Being, the Creator of all things, who preserves and governs all by his almighty power and wisdom, and is the only proper object of worship.

If, as you are saying, God the Father Almighty, and God, are two different Gods, then this is dead wrong: Therefore I make a decree, That every people, nation, and language, which speak any thing amiss against the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, shall be cut in pieces, and their houses shall be made a dunghill: because there is no other God that can deliver after this sort.

You were not called by God the Father Almighty.....but was called by God?????!!!!! Really!!!!

Prince George, Canada

#463900 Jul 19, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>You're still NOT thinking. How did only eight souls care for the number of species that would have been on that boat had the flood story happen the way misled Christians think it did,FEEDING THEM EVERYDAY, etc,etc.

The Woman’s Dictionary of Symbols and Sacred objects … by Barbara G. Walker.

Ark

Even pious scholars have boggled at the myth of Noah’s ark because of its sheer absurdity. Excluding species that can live in fresh or salt water, the ark would have had to house 7000 species of worms, 80,000 species of mollusks, 30,000 species of crustaceans, 50,000 species of arachnids, 900,000 species of insects, 2,500 species of amphibians, 6,000 species of reptiles, 8,600 species of birds, and 3,500 species of mammals, plus food for one and all. The only vessel truly capable of holding all this is Spaceship Earth.

Prince George, Canada

#463901 Jul 19, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Noah's flood was NOT worldwide.
http://emahiser.christogenea.org/Comparet1%20...
The flood-myth was told in many cultures before Christianity existed.

It was simply a re-warmed myth.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#463902 Jul 19, 2013
Now watch this folks. I'm gonna further demonstrate how Christians don't have the ability to think and REASON. If the flood of Noah was global,and the water rose over the entire earth for about a height of 6 miles over the entire WHOLE earth..........WHERE DID ALL THAT WATER GO? It can't recede from off the earth into the oceans given the fact that if the water even rose from the oceans to a height of supposedly about 6 miles high over the entire earth, WHERE DID ALL THAT WATER GO?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#463903 Jul 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Woman’s Dictionary of Symbols and Sacred objects … by Barbara G. Walker.
Ark
Even pious scholars have boggled at the myth of Noah’s ark because of its sheer absurdity. Excluding species that can live in fresh or salt water, the ark would have had to house 7000 species of worms, 80,000 species of mollusks, 30,000 species of crustaceans, 50,000 species of arachnids, 900,000 species of insects, 2,500 species of amphibians, 6,000 species of reptiles, 8,600 species of birds, and 3,500 species of mammals, plus food for one and all. The only vessel truly capable of holding all this is Spaceship Earth.
But you can't get Christians to comprehend this.

Location hidden

#463904 Jul 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>at no time have I ever suggest that any person reach out for the Baptism of the Holy Ghost as a definite second work of Grace on this forum.
and FYI, I Pastored a church that had split many years ago over that Work. I was with the one that didn't leave(just like Hermi differing with Anthony) and didn't believe in Holiness.
did that make me a hypocrite, NOPE> when I went before the Ordination Board, I told them when I was Saved, and I will admit that I was grilled for over a half hour and I never wavered. one night my pastor asked me why I was in this denomination instead of the other and my words to him were these. I believe the Sanctified person goes where God wants him to go,and does what God wants him to do.there were no more questions asked of me. from that point on.
my convictions are what I live, the Bible is what I have Preached. Amen!
This tripe is not supported by Scripture....

According to some Christian traditions, a second work of grace is a transforming interaction with God which may occur in the life of a Christian. The defining characteristics of this event are that it is separate from and subsequent to salvation (the first work of grace), and that it brings about significant changes in the life of the believer.
Pure nonsense: In the Holiness movement, the second work of grace is considered to be a cleansing from the tendency to commit sin, an experience called entire sanctification which leads to Christian perfection.

You are a phony....

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#463905 Jul 19, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>You're still NOT thinking. How did only eight souls care for the number of species that would have been on that boat had the flood story happen the way misled Christians think it did,FEEDING THEM EVERYDAY, etc,etc.
http://www.factmonster.com/ipka/A0934288.html
Logistically it would have been impossible for only 8 souls to have carried out. Now make another false statement and say that God sent angels to care for and feed the animals ,LOL.
And those animals that require cold weather in order to survive, what did they do on that ark given the warm climate in that region? And just what did the carnivores eat,the other animals,LOL.
To think the flood was worldwide as opposed to regional is sheer lunacy.
We don't know ..Maybe God had them governorate!!

You are a Christian???

One of the 144 thousand ELECT..who thinks,Cain was the son of the SERPENT..

AND now the flood ..

Do you even OWN a bible???

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#463906 Jul 19, 2013
CORRECTION..HIBERNATE..they took care of them!!!!

Location hidden

#463907 Jul 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the home should limit your computer time. Maybe you could let one of the other residents get online.
You are a coward...same as Aunt...you put your tail between your legs and cowered.......

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#463908 Jul 19, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>But you can't get Christians to comprehend this.
SO YOU ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN.

what a waste of time
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#463909 Jul 19, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
http://www.factmonster.com/ipka/A0934288.html
Logistically it would have been impossible for only 8 souls to have carried out. Now make another false statement and say that God sent angels to care for and feed the animals ,LOL.
And those animals that require cold weather in order to survive, what did they do on that ark given the warm climate in that region? And just what did the carnivores eat,the other animals,LOL.
To think the flood was worldwide as opposed to regional is sheer lunacy.
How could Jesus have been born of a virgin? Total lunacy?
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#463910 Jul 19, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
what a waste of time
He struggles to be right 1% of the time.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#463911 Jul 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
No thanks!
If I had to live with any of you religious preachers, your lives would be in danger, as I would probably stuff the bible where the sun doesn't shine.
I doubt you would make it that far with that mouth of yours.

Location hidden

#463912 Jul 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="June VanDerMark"
If children were taught that they were born "good" instead of "sinners" they wouldn't have guilt for simply being human.
The warped religion is the cause of the guilt.
Today's parenting proves that you are wrong. Children are taught that they are 'the best', worthy of everything. They are not rewarded for accomplishments; they have no reason to improve themselves. Parents fear getting caught, even losing their children if they attempt to correct them.
The results are showing very publicly. 700 dead teens in Chicago in recent months is proof enough that today's youth do not feel much need of self-improvement.
KayMarie
These are really simple questions...you should have no problem with them...it requires not any spirituality...just common sense.

Who is living in you??? You live by the faith of whom???

Gal_2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Location hidden

#463913 Jul 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed my post Rose, what a surprise. Yes he was chosen by the Holy Spirit. Yes, he's St. Peter's successor. Yes, they are sinners. Yes, St. Peter was a sinner. And the Orthodox will tell you the same about their episcopate (maybe not the ones here).
I have a few of my own if you don't mind;
Who in your congregation is holy? Any of them free of sin? Are protestant preachers who claim to be chosen by the Holy Spirit free of sin? Is your preacher preaching the truth even if he's having an adulterous affair with one of your congregants? Isn't all sin the same according to protestant doctrine? Wouldn't that mean stealing a loaf of bread is just as bad as visiting a brothel?
Where are you aunt??

Aunt he be saying: I receive the Precious Blood twice a week.

Drinking and Praying: Proposal Could Tip Irish Priests Over Legal Limit

Both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland want to lower the legal blood alcohol level for drivers. Priests are afraid it might affect their ability to motor around after Mass.

Bad Blood: Priests in Ireland are concerned that lowering the legal drinking level for drivers might leave them stranded after Mass.

The job description for a Catholic priest doesn't include a lot of perks -- perhaps one reason that their numbers are shrinking rapidly across the Western world. In Ireland, though, the gig might be further complicated by a new proposal to lower the legal blood alcohol limit for drivers. Priests there are speaking out against the proposal because it could render them legally drunk after performing Mass.

Aunt....why is it that you are drinking the "precious blood" of Christ....and the priests in Ireland are not drinking the "precious blood of Christ", but wine that could get them arrested for DUI???!!!!!

Location hidden

#463914 Jul 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
All 266 Popes since Saint Peter were sinners. Its not God's fault that the only people available are sinners. Christ ensures the truth will be protected.
No matter how they came to be Popes has no bearing on the validity of the Papacy.(although it should make everyone sick that the chair was sold or stolen at one point) Still, God protected it. Truth had to prevail!
Its also interesting that some of the greatest Saints in the history of Christianity were alive and proclaiming the gospel while these Popes sinning.(see Saint Francis of Assisi)
Whadda bout it Clay???? Why is not Christ sending anyone to purgatory??

A. He forget there is a purgatory?
B. No one ever told Him there is a purgatory?
C. There is not purgatory to send any one to?

And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats. And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#463915 Jul 19, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
what a waste of time
Considering what is passing for a Christian these days,I prefer that people NOT identify me with a so called Christian. Just call me a servant of the MOST HIGH GOD. But do not call me a Christian.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min here 48,617
guys what color panties are you wearing today??... 6 min andet1987 2
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 9 min andet1987 2,050
Best "budget burger" I've ever had!! 14 min andet1987 2
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 16 min Toby 105,590
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 min VIKING 971,659
Prepare To Meet Thy God 1 hr Oh No You Di-nt 3
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 hr Steve III 44,682
More from around the web