Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,611
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint James, Canada

#463578 Jul 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol@U.
there isn't a person ever living on this earth that ever {deserved] heaven
You are on earth.

:)
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#463579 Jul 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>a few days ago, I paraphrased a verse that indicates that Minister will be judged by the same words that judge everyone else.
that goes along with what GIF is telling you and Peter is saying that also.
three of us disagree with your knowledge of the word of God.
MYSELF, GIF, AND PETER.
You and your new buddy gif maybe. Funny that it was only a short time ago when you were railing on him as a fraud. lol.

Sorry preston, Jesus appointed St. Peter to lead the Church after His Ascension. You, like gif think Jesus made a mistake. Too bad you weren't around then, you might've gotten the call...lol.

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#463580 Jul 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I am not certain what the word [mire] means. are you misspelling the word "more"?
anyway, it makes no difference if you can read or not. His Word doesn't change to fit intelligencia. It means what it says and say what he means.
marge doesn't have enough sense to know when to shut her mouth and she never has, and IF she makes it to heaven, look for her to get a good "Chewing Out".
sad to say, I don't look for her to get into heaven, some peoples sins go before them to the judgement, and some peoples sins follow them to the Judgement. I think that her sins will [follow] her
Yes I meant the word more.

What I was speaking to however however was in those days women usually were not schooled in scripture as men were.
They did nit have any education..though they were believers

AND also not speaking regarding Marge.

I am saying that women can read the bible and be given insight from the Spirit.

Do you really think as the poster was implying....That no women should be allowed to post on here here regarding the bible or our beliefs.

Fort Saint James, Canada

#463581 Jul 19, 2013
It's disturbing how many people believe that they are vile if they don't have religion in their lives.

I don't believe I am holy, but I do believe I am whole.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#463582 Jul 19, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct!! All Catholic teachings parallel and recorded in the Bible. Purgatory is no exception!
Purgatory is where Protestants become Catholics and Catholics become "better Catholics"!!
~~~

QUOTING

ANOTHER LIE...

FROM YOUR CATECHISM FABLES AGAIN ABOUT YOUR INVENTED, FANTASY LAND...

RIGHT?

THE BIBLE SAYS

Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
Pad

Rockford, IL

#463583 Jul 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. I never said or implied two Greek bishops covered the same territory. I specifically stated "different traditions" decribing them as "Serb, Russian, Ukrainian, Greek", etc.
You may have misundertood me, but you denied it initially, then reconsidered after realizing you were wrong.
As far as changing our mass, the essential parts of the mass have never been changed. See St. Justin Martyr (circa AD 150) for reference.
Metropolitan Phillip says this of modern Orthodoxy:
"Eastern Orthodoxy is plagued by excessive nationalism, liturgical decay, and doctrinal fluctuations - all factors which have crippled its apostolic energies."
I cannot help but to comment on this last sentence you quoted from the Metropolitan Phillip.IT is a dynamic statement of insight on his part,as I have always felt that Orthodoxy has been stymied by their ethnocentrism.I shared with HS quite awhile back,that I believed his Orthodox church was inundated with ethnic snubery,and that especially in Russia the Orthodox persecuted every other type of Christian expression,and also the Jews as well,because their mindset was gravely ethnocentric.No real concern for souls,but seeing their Christian organization as supreme because of historical past,and their "Russian bias".

There is really nothing more damaging to the cause of Christ than nationalizing or making His Kingdom to us an ethnic bias.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#463584 Jul 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
The mistake is not in God..even though you evidently think so.
The horrible error is in the accepting of the conjecture of the Roman Catholic Church...
...That PRIEST OR A POPE...can live like the devil and yet be moral and guide/lead what YOU CLAIM to be the one and only True Apostolic Church.
That DECEITFUL TEACHING ...sets forwards a belief that one can not only
live a wicked life and be a Christian...
but THEY CAN ALSO BE SPIRITUAL LEADER..
A PRIEST OR POPE is not exempt from following the word of God that says..
1Ti_4:12 ........ be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
neither is any other supposed Christian...
The words of Jesus in HIS PRAYER FOR THE APOSTLES
IN
Joh 17:15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
Joh 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
Joh 17:17 -->Sanctify<-- them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
SANCTIFY DEFINED IN HEBREW
H6942
&#1511;&#1491;&#15 13;&#1473;
qa&#770;dash
kaw-dash'
A primitive root; to be (causatively make, pronounce or observe as) clean (ceremonially or morally):- appoint, bid, consecrate, dedicate, defile, hallow,(be, keep) holy (-er, place), keep, prepare, proclaim, purify, sanctify (-ied one, self), X wholly.
SANCTIFY DEFINED IN GREEK AS USED IN JOHN 17:17
G37
&#945;&#788;&#947; &#953;&#945;&#769; &#950;&#969;
hagiazo&#772;
hag-ee-ad'-zo
From G40; to make holy, that is,(ceremonially) purify or consecrate; (mentally) to venerate:- hallow, be holy, sanctify.
__
1Pe_3:15 But -->sanctify<-- the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
SANCTIFY DEFINED IN GREEK AS USED IN 1 PETER 3:15
G48
&#945;&#788;&#947; &#957;&#953;&#769; &#950;&#969;
hagnizo&#772;
hag-nid'-zo
From G53; to make clean, that is,(figuratively) sanctify (ceremonially or morally):- purity (self).
THIS UNGODLY TEACHING ACCOUNTS FOR THE APOSTASY OF YOUR (so called)ONE TRUE APOSTATE CHURCH...
JESUS SAID..
Mat_15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
Luk_6:39 And he spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both fall into the ditch?
Evidently I DON'T think so, because I say Jesus got it right when He gave the keys to St. Peter. You say NO!, so it's YOU who thinks Jesus got it wrong.

And do me a favor gif, instead of blabbing on about infallibility, find out what it means first, even though you think you are infallible. lol.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#463585 Jul 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
in these few verses, we find that Anthony is very wrong when he speaks of Peter. so what does acts chapter ten show us?
that Peter never claimed, nor wanted any favoritism shown to him.
ALL GLORY GOES TO OUR GOD AND SAVIOR.
Cornelius fell down and worshipped at Peter's feet, but was kindly rebuked for doing so.
not one iota of any catholic claims can be found to be biblical.
there is no hope in the pope!!!!
Want it or not, Jesus gave him the keys. He commissioned him to feed His sheep. Jesus told him he would be lead where he didn't want to go. St. Peter, ever the reluctant leader, did what Jesus asked of him. God Bless St. Peter!!!
Pad

Rockford, IL

#463586 Jul 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
It's disturbing how many people believe that they are vile if they don't have religion in their lives.
I don't believe I am holy, but I do believe I am whole.
Christian teachers and so on have been very clear JUNE,in stating "ALL have sinned and come SHORT of the glory of God." We all have gone astray,and everyone seeks their own way,or what is right in their own eyes. You are grasping at straws,first you say we Christians think ourselves holier than everyone else,than you say we see everyone is vile who does not have faith.But the truth is we are all as dirty rags in this life.No one is greater than the other,but who is greatest amongst us should also be servants,that is why Jesus wanted from His disciples.Many men of faith who have taken on the ministry of Christ,whether Catholic,Protestant and independent,have learned to be servants as Jesus taught.You can generalize all you want as to the way we believe,but you come up short every time.There are thousands of Men,Women and children who have been influenced by the teachings of Christ to live good wholesome lives,and are living witnesses to the fact that HE is Alive!

It is such a shame that your claim to be once a person of faith,now you are trying your hardest to destroy faith,and perhaps you have done a good job of it in your own life,but sorry dear one,you will not succeed on this thread to convert any of us to the so-called WHOLE world you are in.We all know that HE exists,and will some turn RETURN with a shout of the Archangel,and in the clouds,His Feet will touch the Mount of Olives,and you will ,dear June meet Him face to face.He is not a figment of our imagination,but the reality you will be sure to see before Y O U decide your final fate.

I would suggest a good hard look into why you are no longer believing in Christ.If He is an offence to you than tell us why?Forget about the religious trappings,and myriads of religious thought in this world.TELL us,why Jesus offends you?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#463587 Jul 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>and by WHOSE authority can you make that claim.
there is no hope in the pope.
nor does he have any God Given Authority over Gods Church.
I know for a FACT that he has NO authority over me and the office that God has Given to me.
In the Order in which God placed men in the Church, there is no office such as a pope
Jesus appointed St. Peter. St. Peter appointed a successor, he appointed successors. It contiunues to this very day.

You picked up a KJV and appointed yourself.

Not even close.
Clay

United States

#463588 Jul 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin, eating a piece of grain will never and has never saved one person.
anything set up by any Apostle should be Biblical. I see no words by any Apostle that eating that bread might save a person.
if that was the case just like being Baptised, then the death of Jesus would not have had to have happened.
and you don't know those people Preached anything of the sort. it is just some lie that your church has told you to accept. just like the lie told about Polycarp et al being disciples of John. who knows,but they might have been the ones that left John because they couldn't abide by his Words and the Truth.lol
I'll tell you once again and hopefully it'll sink in this time:

I know of no Catholic that believes in the power of the Eucharist because they read about it or some Priest told them about it...
We partake in it. We go to the front of the Church and receive it. We eat it and it dwells in us.
Christ installed this brilliant gift so that we would know truth.
The two men on the road to Emmaus didn't recognize Jesus nor the scriptures until Christ gave them the Eucharist.
Luke 24: 13-32
Pad

Rockford, IL

#463589 Jul 19, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
QUOTING
ANOTHER LIE...
FROM YOUR CATECHISM FABLES AGAIN ABOUT YOUR INVENTED, FANTASY LAND...
RIGHT?
THE BIBLE SAYS
Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
Purgatory is somewhat alluded to in Maccabees,I wonder why it is never even alluded to or taught about in the New Testament.Surely Jesus would have warned His apostles and other disciples about that place,they most likely would have to go to before Heaven,to be purged of the dross we all acquire just living in this earth.

If the Catholics here would take the time to show us the reality of Purgatory in the New Testament,every where it brings it up,we of course would have no choice but to believe it does exist.UNTIL than we know that"It is appointed unto every man ONCE to die and than the Judgment."

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#463590 Jul 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So Babylon is Rome in Revelation, but it's not Rome in 1 Peter. And Ananias wasn't supposed to tell St. Paul that baptism would wash away his sins. lol.
Yes, Sts. Peter and Paul were in Rome. All respected biblical scholars INCLUDING protestant say St. Peter was there and died a martyr. They built up the Church in Rome and appointed and ordained successors. St. Paul says the faith of the Church at Rome is reknowned throughout the whole world.
Neither of them say one word about two goofy self-appointed, self annointed loudmouthed fundamentalist preachers in AD 2013. Sorry.
~~~

You wrote...

Neither of them say one word about two goofy self-appointed, self annointed loudmouthed fundamentalist preachers in AD 2013. Sorry.

THE BIBLES SAYS

Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent?

~~~
THE APOSTLE PAUL ADMONISHED TIMOTHY

1Ti_1:18 This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare;

THE SAME CHARGE THAT WAS GIVEN TO TIMOTHY

by the Apostle Paul still stands today...

tho your Catholics ignore it... defy it...deny it...AND REJECT IT

IT READS...

2Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

--->THIS SPEAKS ABOUT YOU AND YOUR CONJECTURE<---

2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2Ti 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

---
THE LIFESTYLE OF A PREACHER SHOULD BE

1Th 5:14 Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.

1Th 5:15 See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.

1Th 5:16 Rejoice evermore.

1Th 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

1Th 5:18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

1Th 5:19 Quench not the Spirit.

1Th 5:20 Despise not prophesyings.

1Th 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

1Th 5:22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

1Th 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1Th 5:24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

1Th 5:25 Brethren, pray for us.

1Th 5:26 Greet all the brethren with an holy kiss.

NOTE

1Th 5:27 I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read unto all the holy brethren.

1Th 5:28 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

I DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE ANY ONE'S PERMISSION TO FULFILL THE CALLING THAT GOD HAS PLACED UPON ME TO PREACH HIS WORD...

2Pe 1:10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

2Pe 1:11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

2Pe 1:12 Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#463591 Jul 19, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey herme
Thought I was the only one up..
How is sera
Sorry RoSesz, I didnt see your post til the next morning. I posted my post and left.I hope you are well. See ta here soon.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#463592 Jul 19, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You may have stated "he's infallible under the proper definition", but you are yet to admit it is your belief.
Please stop stalling and answer the question, well that is if you are honest enough to do so. Which appears you aren't.
Well?
Of course I believe it you jackass, I wouldn't have said "he is" unless I believed it.

Now how 'bout you?

Fort Saint James, Canada

#463593 Jul 19, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Christian teachers and so on have been very clear JUNE,in stating "ALL have sinned and come SHORT of the glory of God."
Just as I don't believe Hindu, Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, or any other teachers of religion, I don't believe Christian teachers of religion.

It's ALL self-ingratiating bunk!

Fort Saint James, Canada

#463594 Jul 19, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
THE BIBLE SAYS
Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed.(Leviticus 20:9)

If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die.(Leviticus 20:10).

If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death.(Leviticus 20:11)

If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death.(Leviticus 20:14)

If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed.(Leviticus 20:15-16).

If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)

Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death.(Leviticus 20:27)

If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake.(Leviticus 21:9)

People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)

Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community.(Leviticus 24:14-16)

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#463595 Jul 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. I never said or implied two Greek bishops covered the same territory. I specifically stated "different traditions" decribing them as "Serb, Russian, Ukrainian, Greek", etc.
You may have misundertood me, but you denied it initially, then reconsidered after realizing you were wrong.
As far as changing our mass, the essential parts of the mass have never been changed. See St. Justin Martyr (circa AD 150) for reference.
"Eastern Orthodoxy is plagued by excessive nationalism, liturgical decay, and doctrinal fluctuations - all factors which have crippled its apostolic energies."
yeah, ok. I know by now whatever is presented the Caths here will either refuse to acknowledge they are wrong or just lie. Go with your bros and leave me alone.I am wasting time with your group. The Protestants are absolutely correct. You dont know the truth and dont want to know the truth. You are the best. Go team.
I waste my time, thinking you are somehow sincere, and this is how you respond. Wont happen again, chum.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#463596 Jul 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll tell you once again and hopefully it'll sink in this time:
I know of no Catholic that believes in the power of the Eucharist because they read about it or some Priest told them about it...
We partake in it. We go to the front of the Church and receive it. We eat it and it dwells in us.
Christ installed this brilliant gift so that we would know truth.
The two men on the road to Emmaus didn't recognize Jesus nor the scriptures until Christ gave them the Eucharist.
Luke 24: 13-32
No until He broke bread and PRAYED! You say it was the Eucharist,He did not tell them eat this is my body.or drink this is my blood after his walk with them down the road of Emmaus. He sat with them broke bread and prayed.That is when they knew who He was.You are making it sound like the bread they ate opened their eyes because that bread was the Eucharist or literally Christ Himself. Stretching it a bit to suit your own beliefs Clay?
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#463597 Jul 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony actually that was another Orthodox Fr Cleenewwerk in his book who said that. It is no secret that the Patriarchs of Constantinople and Russia have a serious problem. Metropolitan Hilarion who was to attend the Joint commission at Ravenna did not participate because I believe its Estonia was present. I would have to look it up again. Regardless Bartholemew gave them autocephoulous nature. Russia does not recognize this nor do they accept that Bartholemew had the righ to do it. Both of them are accusing the other of ceasar popism. A serious insult I guess. Likoudis talked briefly about the interpretation of Canon 28 as being interpret by Metropolitan Philip. Ultimately it is because of the different interpretations of Canons applied today that it creates division and there is no authority to look to as everyone is equal. The church should not be divided along ethnic lines. Likoudis goes briefly into Canon 28 and Philips interpretation. It should be noted which is not in the article that Canon 28 was proposed by about 60 Bishops of the 650 present. Its a matter of record it was not approved by the Pope and it was hinging upon his approval. The language is very clear that Pope Leo was recognized as the head of the church. So was the proclamation to Hormisda in AD 519 where 2500 Eastern Bishops signed it and again signed by those who opposed Photius.

I didnt do any of things Herme twisted and setting up a strawman to call me a liar, there is no reasoning with that guy. I clearly posted the link to read. It is an article by James Likoudis who yes has high credentials and is a Historian. He merely quoted what Phillip said and then points to why its of interest to Catholics. Divisions among the Orthodox is a big problem because talks cant begin if they are fighting with one another on who is in charge and who has authority to do what.

From the article: However maybe Fr. Cleenewerck wore a cowboy suit and isnt really Orthodox. I guess Herme has to check with his sources unknown to us. Regardless Herme has a propensity to twist everything.

There remains the fact, however, that in the words of a recent OCA theologian Fr. Laurent A. Cleenewerck (cf. his recent volume "His Broken Body"):

For his part, Fr. Cleenewerck goes far in his admission of the need to have a universal Primate in the Church since:

"the universal vocation of the Church is connected to a universal primacy that should neither be absolute nor empty... History shows that the Churches need some kind of international center or mechanism of unity and arbitration."

Fr. Cleenewerck frankly admitted:
"Orthodox would almost like to forget that their [liturgical] calendar and theology is replete with ‘Popes of Rome’ whose teachings about their own authority is better left unmentioned."

http://credo.stormloader.com/Ecumenic/philioc...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min nanoanomaly 750,563
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 7 min ChromiuMan 5,460
why are most gay white and latino men bias agai... (Aug '13) 17 min dtong 14
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 21 min ChristineM 229,976
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 31 min who 261,661
Sharing my wife's nude pics to be exposed 36 min flack 40
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 47 min New Age Spiritual... 602,172
Do you enjoy seeing your sister nude / naked? (Sep '13) 3 hr MeHere 388
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 4 hr flatbushsam 126

Top Stories People Search