Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665354 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Clay

Garden City, MI

#463778 Jul 19, 2013
socci wrote:
Whoa, a propaganda video from 'Dark Day Ministries'? I just might watch that later for a few laughs.

Here is your Religion Socci: Sabbath Sabbath Sabbath. Anti Christ tribulation anti Christ. Sabbath Sabbath apocalypse. Whore of Babylon tribulation. Blah Blah Blah.

If you have 66 Books, you do not have the full canon. But hey, I see that those Books have united you all in the Ministry of Jesus Christ!*sarcasm*

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#463779 Jul 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Are the successors of St. Andrew sinless men chosen by the Holy Spirit?
Oh i didnt know the Orthodox claimed infallibility.
You wont stop will you? Vle Ask your thessalonicans about that one.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#463780 Jul 19, 2013
Joseph Stalin trained for five years to be a Catholic priest, but probably knew he could never be a pope, so he became a dictator without a religion.

He took a short-cut.
truth

Canning Vale, Australia

#463781 Jul 19, 2013
read better
Did this world is united?
no
then
We believe in unity of all church all Saints Marty angels and archangels and ever lasting life.

What you see on Cross?INRI
on euharistic IHS
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#463782 Jul 19, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Ok then you go ahead and correct my 95 old Greek Father. He was the one who taught me.Hang with your "friends of integrity"- ie Dust Storm, Regina. I guess that what they call integrity in Thessalonica.
Yes, in fact they do. We both know your claim to take no offense at Orthodox criticism was a farce. As I said, you love to dish it out, but you sure cant take it.

Location hidden

#463783 Jul 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I think an Orthodox like you ought to be more concerned with the sins of your own hierarchy.
The Soviet Union influenced the Russian Orthodox Church in ways that should make you shutter.
I think maybe you could learn something from torturous history of Russia with the slaughters communism etc The "brave" Catholics here are only brave in Topix. They would change into any religion if threatened with death and torture. The reason I know that is that they dont even have the moral courage to face the Truth when it is presented here.

Prince George, Canada

#463784 Jul 19, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
But be cheerful, because in God we hope. And it is when our hope is fulfilled that our guilt ends....
To whom did you cause so much harm that you have so much guilt???

I suggest that if you harmed others you should ask forgiveness from them and stop hiding behind that shirt-tales of a fictitious god.

That will in reality ease your conscience and give it peace and rest.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#463785 Jul 19, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
no, that was Satan. God has no hand in the Roman Church.
Revelation 13:2 "...and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority."
Notice the statue of Jupiter now called "St Peter" in the Vatican? Who is Jupiter and where did he come from?
Notice the sun wheel in the court? the obelisk?
Notice the sun symbols all over the pope?
www.youtube.com/watch...
That revelation verse is not referring to the Papacy you fanatical moron.
The only verse from Revelation you should pay attention to, are the last ones. "Whoever adds to words of the prophecy of this book, God will add to them the plagues described in this book"

Unless you acknowledge your sin here, you are screwed Socci.

Location hidden

#463786 Jul 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I think an Orthodox like you ought to be more concerned with the sins of your own hierarchy.
The Soviet Union influenced the Russian Orthodox Church in ways that should make you shutter.
Sorry bud, but we dont have to defend a "Vicar of Christ" cause we dont make that claim.

Location hidden

#463787 Jul 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, in fact they do. We both know your claim to take no offense at Orthodox criticism was a farce. As I said, you love to dish it out, but you sure cant take it.
I think I took it quite well rebutting every argument you and your buddy of integrity made. Dont look like I got flustered there.Didnt see a lot of knowledge coming from you two. oh ust wait until they put up another Catholic site so you can prersent the Catholic view of Orthodoxy some more.You 2 are like those people trapped on that broken down cruise ship with sewage all through the ship. Sorry, cant help you there.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#463788 Jul 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, God evidently allowed a bad Pope. Probably to wake the righteous up, because a greater good will always come out of bad. Lessons were learned.
But lets keep it real. Out of 266, there was only a few bad ones. And we almost exclusively rely on age old Protestant sources to get our info on their lives. An unbiased look into the Popes who are now labeled bad, will reveal that they did much good too, but their sins were blown up by the enemies of the Church and plastered around the world for all to ridicule.
Clay I am gonna be honest with ya.I read your first statement then stopped...You blame God for the mistakes of the popes?? Excuses excuses....so the good out ways the bad....lets just sweep it under the carpet....right?

Location hidden

#463789 Jul 19, 2013
JUST WENT BACK AND FINISHED READING YOUR ...JUST BEING HONEST HERE...sorry for the caps...

Location hidden

#463790 Jul 19, 2013
Many of the apostles were fishermen. They used nets.They were fishers of men for Christ. But the Catholics here use hooks and most of their sole purpose is to bait people to anger. They are very disappointed when they dont succeed.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#463791 Jul 19, 2013
<quoted text>God struck down a man who was carrying the Ark of the Covenant for just touching it. f there was a holy " Chair of Peter" why would the Father let some of the horrible popes even near it as the "Vicar of Christ"
That was the Ark of the Covenant. I don't think we Catholics view the chair of Saint Peter like we would the Ark.
Like I stated earlier, we unfortunately rely on Protestant propaganda to shape our impression of these so-called bad popes.
Indeed, one of you guys are probably working feverishly right now to come up with a link detailing their lives. The link will undoubtedly come from a fanatical website.

I only find one or two that were downright corrupt. That's like 1%.. And only God knows what really happened in their minds. Thankfully by the guidance of God, these men did nothing to infiltrate sacred scripture or sacred tradition nor Dogma and doctrine.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#463792 Jul 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Are the successors of St. Andrew sinless men chosen by the Holy Spirit?
Mat 13:55 Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?

Mat 13:56 And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things?

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC ATTEMPTED TO DESTROY (THE DESCENDANTS)

SUCCESSORS OF THE BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF JESUS IN THE CRUSADES

THE SUCCESSORS OF JAMES ..THE BROTHER OF JESUS..

THE SUCCESSORS OF JOSES ..THE BROTHER OF JESUS..

THE SUCCESSORS OF JUDAS ..THE BROTHER OF JESUS...

THE DESCENDANTS OF JESUS' SISTERS...

AND TO COVER THEIR CRIME COMMITTED IN THE CRUSADES...

TO DESTROY THE SEED ROYAL OF JOSEPH...

THEY REFUSE TO ADMIT THAT

MARY AND JOSEPH'S FAMILY OF SEVEN CHILDREN EVER EXISTED.

THIS IS TO CONCEAL THE USURPATION OF THE DYNASTY OF DAVID...

THE DYNASTY OF WHICH JESUS WAS HEIR APPARENT

TO THE THRONE OF DAVID IN JERUSALEM...

WHEN JESUS WAS BORN IN BETHLEHEM OF JUDE AH.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#463793 Jul 19, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Clay I am gonna be honest with ya.I read your first statement then stopped...You blame God for the mistakes of the popes?? Excuses excuses....so the good out ways the bad....lets just sweep it under the carpet....right?
What??? I blame God? What??!!!??

Location hidden

#463794 Jul 19, 2013
<quoted text>Rose,I hope my posts here have helped you to recognize you should not take as the Truth anything they say about Orthodoxy.I dont have the time or the health to continue to correct the ongoing wave of untruths.
Nick! How many times have I told you to stay way from the monkey cage when your at the zoo!!Now go home and wash your hands.Its dinner time!
Clay

Garden City, MI

#463795 Jul 19, 2013
<quoted text>I think maybe you could learn something from torturous history of Russia with the slaughters communism etc The "brave" Catholics here are only brave in Topix. They would change into any religion if threatened with death and torture. The reason I know that is that they dont even have the moral courage to face the Truth when it is presented here.
Are you saying the Russian Orthodox assimilated into the Soviet Orthodox and back to the Russian Orthodox out of fear?
Hey, I acknowledge the brutal oppression the Soviets and Lenin unleashed on the Orthodox Church. But remember, those were largely Orthodox that made up the Communist party, am I right?
Btw, I'm no expert on this history. So don't get mad. I did read a few things about the history of the Russian Orthodox though.

Location hidden

#463796 Jul 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
That was the Ark of the Covenant. I don't think we Catholics view the chair of Saint Peter like we would the Ark.
Like I stated earlier, we unfortunately rely on Protestant propaganda to shape our impression of these so-called bad popes.
Indeed, one of you guys are probably working feverishly right now to come up with a link detailing their lives. The link will undoubtedly come from a fanatical website.
I only find one or two that were downright corrupt. That's like 1%.. And only God knows what really happened in their minds. Thankfully by the guidance of God, these men did nothing to infiltrate sacred scripture or sacred tradition nor Dogma and doctrine.
Clay honestly there is sin in every Church.I dont care about the Pope. If Catholics believe that the Pope is truly Biblical I dont have a problem with that. ts just not my belief. Since coming to Topix I have seen the Catholics post a Catholic version of Orthodoxy they get from Catholic sites. I have seen them ignore the Truth when presented. I have seen them turn mean and nasty and try to hurt people. So have no use for the Catholics here. And they still continue throwing in a side comment here and there about Orthodoxy. As long as they do this there is not one here that I respect or trust.And if I take them as representative of the Catholic Church, then the Catholic Church is my enemy because these Catholics are the enemy of the Orthodox Church here. The catholic church does not want me as an enemy.

Prince George, Canada

#463797 Jul 19, 2013
[QUOTE who="confrinting with the wordTHE ROMAN CATHOLIC ATTEMPTED TO DESTROY (THE DESCENDANTS)
[/QUOTE]

My guess is, if you were allowed you would be burning Roman Catholics at the stake and waiting for rewards from a "god" for believing you performed HOLY deeds.

Good Grief!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Joe Fortuna 88,183
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min New Age Spiritual... 977,344
I still LOVE YOU SO MUCH, Ewa, Honey 43 min Doctor REALITY 5
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 1 hr Buck Crick 575
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 184,737
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 1 hr Buck Crick 150
How come God doesn't intervene in suicides? 1 hr Knock off purse s... 12
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr OneMale OneChild 284,570
More from around the web